Bonefish Grill Employee Reviews

Bfg
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2018
Loved bonefish. Some things have changed. Got a new opportunity somewhere else. Would still be working there if opportunity hadn't come about. Still dine there.
Easy and busy work place
Hostess/To-Go Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 25, 2018
The job was very easy and productive and kept me on my toes but people steal a lot there. Management was very hard to deal with sometimes, you never know when your schedule will be posted, they will work with you on your schedule when they can, but a lot of times they forget.
Pros
50% off meals anytime
Cons
management
eh
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2018
i worked at bonefish for 2 years and it was great. i made good money and i made regulars with people that came in all the time. i enjoyed some of the people i worked with and the people that came in all the time made it worth it .
Pros
good job
Cons
slow season is very slow
Old concept
Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 17, 2018
Outback Steakhouse owns Bonefish Grill.
I think they have given up on the idea of expanding concept. They will keep current stores open.

Low pay, average benifits. Long hours.
Polished casual dining
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 16, 2018
Loved working in a polished casual dining restaurant. Great hourly pay and tips half off for food and it's excellent. Great attitude from coworkers and teamwork
Cons
Fast-paced work environment with knowledgeable and hard-working team members
In-store trainer, Server-Headwaiter (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 15, 2018
Everyday is a new experience and challenge at Bonefish Grill, but that is exactly what makes it enjoyable and worthwhile. No two days are ever the same due to the guests who come into the restaurant and the needs and wants they bring with them.

We work hard to provide the best dining experience we can for our guests and the interactions and connections we make with them keep us satisfied, for the most part, with our jobs and the guests coming back for more.

Our upbeat and motivated managers guide and manage the staff with a firm and friendly hand, making teamwork and restaurant hospitality our main priorities. The fast-paced environment can be stressful at times, but each and every staff member works together to ensure we get the job done to keep our guests satisfied.

Being in this job has helped me face problems and execute solutions to ensure every person who walks out the door leaves happy, which is not always an easy task. As a server/bartender and in-store trainer, I have had the opportunity to enhance my verbal communication skills and hone in on my leadership skills. It addition, it taught me how to thrive under pressure, work with a large team and keep calm with a smile on my face no matter what situation I was presented with.
Good workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FL 32405January 13, 2018
Great place to work. Good people, and team players. Typical work day included getting food prepped, washing dishes, and keeping things clean and sanitary.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Could not relocate me to another store when moved.
Easy-going, fun place with nice management and supportive employees
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Working at Bonefish was my first ever job. I had volunteered at other organizations before, but this was the first time that I was being paid for my services. The managers were very supportive and helped me out a lot. The servers, hostesses, and kitchen staff were all friendly and accepting. If you were having a bad day, they wouldn't hesitate to help you out. The customers that came in were nice as well, making my first job a happy and eye-opening experience.
Pros
discounted meals, breaks, nice tips
Cons
tip share
Salary dependent on customer generosity but consistent
Host and Server (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Management is always an issue but a lot of free food which is a plus! Opens at 4 pm and is very convenient for those attending college courses. Flexibility with schedule and position hiring.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Miserable managers
Decent for quick money
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Working at Bonefish Grill was pretty ideal for a college student that needs to work part time to earn some money while also perusing a degree. It was a good atmosphere with good people but some of the corporate rules and restrictions made it hard for employees to consistently make money.
Good restuarant group
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 8, 2018
Bonefish Grill is a good restaurant to work for. There was not a lot of opportunity in the region that I was interested in for advancement. The food and atmosphere are great.
Overall good place to work while in college
Bartender/ Waitress (Current Employee) –  Manalapan, NJJanuary 8, 2018
I learned more about the service industry. The food here is great and easy to sell. The hardest part about this location is the rude customers. It is easy to move up in this company so long as you show you are a hard worker.
Typical Restaurant Manager job
SENIOR MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 6, 2018
I thought working here was where the grass was greener. I was naive. Busy all the time, no recognition for the managers that work hard and care for their employees. This is typical though...sad but true.
Pros
Competitive Health Issurance
Cons
No Bonuses
Fun, teamwork oriented place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 5, 2018
The job is very team work oriented. I came from a different restaurant and it was very sink or swim there. So coming to a place where everyone worked together to help each other and set each other up for success was a wonderful surprise and has been overall a great experience!!
Great place to work if you can handle fast-paced
Bartender/Key Employee (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 5, 2018
The location I work for is always busy, even out of season, and we are usually on a wait every night. In order to succeed in this company, you must be able to handle a fast-paced environment and time management is crucial!
A job
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJanuary 5, 2018
Eight manager changes, including two managing partners. No benefits, including managers not having health insurance. Not much money to be made. I would not recommend a job with them
Pros
Cons
No smoking breaks
Best Restaurant I have ever worked for
Service Expert & Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Deptford, NJJanuary 3, 2018
You know you are going to make money here. People do not go to bonefish grille and not spend money. For anyone looking to work in a fast paced laid back a fund restaurant and make bank, this is the place. Management expects a high standard from their employees here and coach you in a way you do not even know you are being coached. Had I not moved across country I would still be there to this day no doubt. Zero bad things to say about this place. A true honey pot.
Pros
Discounted meals, great pay, fun atmosphere.
Cons
Keeping your Uniform pristine and stain free is a pain.
Restaurant work
Server (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJDecember 31, 2017
It was typical restaurant work, I enjoyed most of the people I worked with at Bonefish and served tables. I only left at the end of my pregnancy when I couldn't work two jobs anymore.
Very structured
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2017
Bonefish was an interesting place to run, they have a system for everything. Food was always consistent because everything is done for you. Not my style of cooking, but learnt some good things.
productive and fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDDecember 28, 2017
Great place to work and team environment, I had a terrific management team. Most enjoyable part of my job was coaching and mentoring my staff. Great workplace environment.
Pros
Great team
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bonefish Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight