Bonfils Blood Center Employee Reviews

Guaranteed hours
Donor Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 27, 2018
If you are looking for a job that you will always get your hours, this is the place. The nature of the business demands workers to collect and maintain a community blood supply.
Pros
Guaranteed hours
Cons
Work/Life balance is adhered too as it is preached
Workplace
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 8, 2018
It was a pretty good place to work. The customers were great and our staff did an amazing job for those that came to the blood center. I enjoyed working there and with the staff members there most were great assets to the company. Management was overall pretty good when I worked there, but there was a few that needed more training on how to employees.
productive
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2017
a very rewarding job knowing that many people were being helped and the companies culture and mission was explicit and very attainable, management changed radically for the warehouse and it was time to experience something else .. time to move on
Pros
the people
Cons
management
aweful
Donor tech (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 16, 2017
One of the most poorly managed places I have ever worked. They are inconsistent and play favorites on a regular. People cut corners and they pick and choose who will get punished based of seniority and popularity
Great company to work for!
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 15, 2017
My review for Bonfils Blood Center: It's a great company to work for, great facility, culture and my favorite part was the people. I strongly recommend Bonfils. I had great training and management it's fair and listen to employees.
Pros
Great people, culture and facility
Cons
Limited budget on yearly reviews.
"was" an honest not for profit
Hospital Services Technician 3 (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 4, 2017
my typical work day?
hectic, more work than hrs to do all work

what have i learned?
various aspects about blood products and viability

management?
horrible, to busy trying to show numbers to higher ups to care about the people.

workplace culture?
if you work in an office or on day shift great. lots of meals and planned events to be a part of.
anyone else........nothing but more work.

hardest part of the job?
being forced to do more and more job functions without any balance, or helpful communication

most enjoyable part of my job?
vacation, your vacation is paid based on your pay plus differential.
Pros
insurance
Cons
to many to list
A stable company, stressful work environment.
Hopital Shared Services (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 29, 2017
Okay company to work for; however, there is no room for advancement. Management does not understand the needs of the employees and business. The company merged with another company and as a result, the culture is worst now.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
Pretty stressful at times
Great Entry-Level Healthcare Position
Donor Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Parker, COMay 1, 2017
Bonfils has a great mission that is easy to support. The most enjoyable part of the job is conversing with donors, as well as being a contributor of a life-saving transfusion product.
Co workers were considered family
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 16, 2017
I loved coming into work and being able to spend the time I did with my co workers. I truly learned a lot throughout the years working with them and would do anything to help them. I consider them my family still to this day.
Pros
helpfulness
Cons
tough days
Entry level opportunities and community focused
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 3, 2017
Bonfils has undergone drastic change in the last decade. Downsizing has eliminated entire departments, a corporate partnership became a purchase, and a major testing laboratory was sold/detached.
Pros
hires new graduates

Want to know more about Bonfils Blood Center?

Ask a question
Rewarding Place to Work
Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 6, 2016
I loved working on Bonfils Blood Center. I learned a lot and gained a lot of skills to use moving forward. My job was in the Marketing and Philanthropy department and I also did some work with the Colorado Marrow Program. If you have the opportunity to gain employment here, please grab the opportunity. The culture and employees are wonderful!
Meaningful work, great community
Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2015
Bonfils was a great place to work. They offered great in house training and many advancement opportunities. The main location at Lowry offered a workout room. My favorite part was the people, this company is filled with good, smart, and professional people.
Pros
In house training and continued education.
Cons
Time sensitive work sometimes requires staying late or missing a break.
Good place to learn
Donor Tech (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 11, 2015
Good place to learn and develop skills in phlebotomy but pay raises are few and far between and work/life balance is a contstant issue however benefits and PTO are great and management is getting much better aligned with tech needs. A lot of newer techs makes the company very green and at times almost like a High School atmosphere. After 8 years and no college degree; im tapped on growth and would like to move into another field.
Pros
Benefits, saving lives!
Cons
Daily grind of loading/unloading and long hours
Its great for the money and patient interations
Mobile Phlebotomist Technician Float (Former Employee) –  Lowry, COAugust 22, 2015
Not a consistent managment staff from my experience.

Its great for the money and patient interations, I actually miss the patient interations quite a bit.
Pros
?
Cons
the managers
Proactive work place that I can continue to help people in need.
Telerecruiter (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 18, 2015
I get to work and load my computer. I open up all the systems on the computer that are needed for the day. I open a cal list and make calls to schedule appointment until a call come in.Once in inbound is received I make, cancel. of reschedule and appointment. The hardest part of the job is staying focused while leaving as many voicmail as we do on a daily basis.
Great staff to work with on a daily basis.
Lead Donor Tech CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2014
Working on mobile blood drives obtaining life saving units of blood to help out community. Working with a variety of donors. Providing great customer service to the community which include donors, liasions, coworkers, etc. The hardest part of my job would be the actual loading but our team always makes it fun! I have two most enjoyable parts of my job: 1. my coworkers make everyday a good day. They are Fun and hard working. We have a great bond and work together like a team is supposed to! 2. Each person that comes in to donate blood. The fact that they take the time out of their day to provide such a life saving gift is amazing to me!
Pros
Variety!
Cons
Working in adverse weather conditions from time to time
A company that srtives to provide a quality product to all clients.
Specialized Lab Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 11, 2014
Bonfils is a company that works to produce a quality product as well as provide a safe working environment. In the lab a typical day would consist of unpacking, qualifying and processing whole blood and blood products. I found the management and my co-workers to be helpful and always willing looking for process improvement.
Great Job, Fun People- I can't say a single negative word!
Phlebotomist/Driver/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 19, 2014
Prepairing for mobile blood drives, loading up to 1,200 lbs. of equipment. Drawing up to 25 units of blood for donation purposes per day. Also interviewed potential donors to make sure they are going to meet all the health requirements for donation.

I learned a lot from this company. Six weeks of training before you even stick someone. S.O.P.'s are still with me even after a six year absence. Learned great customer service skills. Witnessed bad reactions from people donating blood, relied on my EMT skills help to make them more comfortable until they recovered.

The best part of the job was the people I worked with and getting to draw blood daily! The hardest part of the job, the occasional person who is really hard to locate a vein on.
Pros
Pretty mcuh everything, especially the normal weekly schedule
Cons
N/a
Overall I think that this was a great company to work for.
Wholeblood Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 30, 2014
A typical day consisted of registering donors in to donate, having donor to go through a screening process to make sure they qualified to donate, taking donor to the donation are drawing a pint of blood from them, having donor to go to the canteen area after donating to rehydrate themselves. I learned a lot working a Bonfils Blood Center, I had great co-workers, there was nothing that was really to hard about the job, and the best thing about the job was meeting different people everyday.
Pros
they offered great incentives like free massages, etc.
Company has a postivite mission statement to fulfill
Quality Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2013
I was inspired by this company's postivie mission statement and the fact that the work they do saves and enhances lives. The healthcare industry is enjoyable when you realize you're making a difference for someone elses life. I have had the opportunity to learn more details about federal based regulations and how they apply to the operational areas. I have acquired expereince working within the regulatory environment and have facilitated the importance of achieving compliance while recommending process improvements to gain efficiencies. The difficult thing about this company is there is limited opportunities for advancement within the Quality Assurance department. For this reason, I consider the work I do for this company as a stepping stone within my career.
Pros
Serve the Community
Cons
Limited Advancement