BONITA HOUSE Employee Reviews

This company was sold
Interim CEO (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2018
This organization was sold and the company that purchased it didn't need 2 CEO's. The experience I got working there was invaluable and it prepared me to excel at my next employment.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Sold
Very professional and supportive environment
Early Engagment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 7, 2016
Bonita is a great place to work. I really appreciate the experienced and education as well as the training that Bonita House provides. I am very happy and grateful to be an employee of Bonita House.
Pros
Great benetis package
One of the first ever social rehabilitation-model programs for people with severe and persistant mental health issues
on-call mental health counselor (Current Employee) –  Bonita House Residential Teatment ProgramFebruary 26, 2016
It is a non-profit organization, so the pay is not great but it is a fabulous learning experience to work in a dual diagnosis program with lots of opportunities to practice new counseling skills
productive and fun place to work
Dual Diagnosis Counselor I (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMarch 19, 2013
I loved working here. The only reason I left is because my boyfriend got a job in Los Angeles and we moved.
Pros
free lunch, program size
Cons
n/a
Great environment in a Victorian Mansion in North Berkeley. Beautiful garden surrounding the facilitate which allow for outside activities with the cl
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAFebruary 4, 2013
They were day and overnight shifts. A typical day would include individual meetings with clients, two or three groups: recovery, mental health, house chores, outings groups. Counselors gave and monitor medication intake.
I learned a great deal about dual diagnosis treatment, drug culture in different racial and cultural environments. I also had the chance to improve my crisis intervention skills.
My co-workers were an interesting mix of mental health therapist as myself and ex-addicts, both groups exchanging knowledge and experience.
This was a hard job due to the fact that it was not easy to treat clints who were severe mentally ill and hard core addicts in a residential setting where people from very different backgrounds needed to learn how to live together.
The most enjoyable part of the job was a supportive administration who really care for the residents well being.
Pros
very compassionate and respectful environment for clients.
Cons
there was some tension between the mental health and the addiction counselors, the addiction counselors had the tendency to identify with the clients creating bounderies problems, the overnight shifts were stressful because there was just one counselor for 15 residents.