BONITA HOUSE Careers and Employment
You’re seeing all 20 jobs at BONITA HOUSE because we can’t find any available jobs at BONITA HOUSE close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 678 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Community & Social Service
In the year and a half I worked as a relief residential counselor at Bonita House, the flagship residential treatment house of Bonita House Incorporated, I witnessed the deterioration of what used to be a well-run facility which provided clinically sound treatment in a "tight container" ( a consistent, well-run, clinically sound program) to a collapsing "leaky container" sinking ship, with even long-term employees jumping ship like nobody's business, poor leadership and lacking clinical integrity. The executive director has been on leave "under investigation" for months, higher level employees are leaving, and there is a major, chronic staffing crisis-- it is kind of a mystery why they can't resolve this. Possibly it is at least partially because the pay is so low. This place has so much potential, and its very sad to see it fall apart, but it seems that new executive leadership and/or a major overhaul will be necessary in order for it to be restored.
Nothing good about Bonita house very messy.supervisor didn’t support staff growth or opinion when it came down to it. So much lack of training and support things wasn’t getting handle
What is the best part of working at the company? Benefits, helping clients. Some of the staff is there for the right reasons. What is the most stressful part about working at the company? Favoritism, overworked, lack of effective leadership, gossip.
There's a reason that this company has gone downhill. All of the staff has abandoned this company from the higher up to the front-line staff. Managers and HR are allowed to say whatever they choose to you and there's nothing you can do about it. There's a click mentality in some programs and they won't pay you for your PTO if you leave the company. They also won't give you a raise. There are better companies out there.
Not at all worth your time to work for this company. The work culture is toxic, very conservative and hostile for those who are not in their 60s and looking for a place to retire. Most clinicians stay until licensed and move to another place to receive good pay. There is no formal training other than to make assessments, so you are expected to navigate Alameda County Behavioral Health without a supervisor (never available). No raises until after several years of working for the company. Caseloads are about 30 per person, with a 80% productivity rate or about 5.5 hours of billable services per workday. Meetings span about 15 hours per week, so it makes meeting billable hour requirements difficult. Management denies disability accommodations.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 21 questions about working at BONITA HOUSE. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from BONITA HOUSE employees.
Insights from 9 Indeed users who have interviewed with BONITA HOUSE within the last 5 years.
How to handle difficult client's.
What makes you want to work with the population that we serve?
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- BONITA HOUSE