Bonneville Collections

Bonneville Collections Employee Reviews

Poor management
Everyone there has an agenda that only suits themselves. Most are nice to your face. Truth doesn't matter, only what each person wants for themselves.
If I could rate 0 I would
The manager has no idea what she's doing and will obviously not last long in that position. She makes her decisions based off favoritism and emotion. If it benefits her then it might work for you. One day you'll be told a certain procedure and then when corporate changes it, that's what she's been doing all along. You have to kiss up if you want to succeed. Don't waste your time.
It was very demanding
Collections is not for everyone, this job was in demanding in dealing with people from all types of life, there is no pool table in the break room but you are allowed to take breaks and be on your phone during break times, and you have many fast food places near by if you want some treats.
fun and easy going work place
it is a great place to work for someone going to school full time. it pays well and very flexible with hours. The managers are awesome and very nice .
Pros
commission and bonuses
Amazing company and managers
The best company I have ever worked for. The managers are amazing and so helpful. The pay is great plus full benefits and paid time off . They want you to succeed and to move up. They want there employees to be there for years to come !
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I loved it
It was a part time job, that had really good hours while I was at school. I would totally do it full time except it doesn't pay anything near what I would want.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Its a collections agency
Beware
Your typical day starts off with going through 80-150 delinquent accounts set for your daily workload. Training is poor, you have to be tough and if your manager is having a bad day the mood/tone in the office is scary. This job is stressful and even more so if there is no support from management, they make it worse. There is a lot of favoritism and you will get fired for what others get away with. Manager is lazy. Assistant manager is not management material and had has employees he lets get away with whatever. Small office politics. Good pay but you will be crying most of the week
Pros
Good pay, free lunches
Cons
small office politics, favortism, management
Healthy Enviroment
Hardest part is when debtors would talk over me
Management was good

Most enjoyable is when accounts were payed in full

workplace culture was positive all the time
Pros
Good Managment
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bonneville Collections?
Amazing staff that made work enjoyable
I would take inbound and outbound calls helping people take care of debt. Set up payment plans, guidelines, and ways to help people situate debt. It was an amazing work environment I loved the staff there, management and supervisors were incredibly awesome and understanding. If you had the most payments or payment plans at the end of each month you would get commission off of that as well as an extra 40% added to your check which made the drive to work harder worth it. As soon as I went full time I was always ranked top 5 at the end of each month.
Pros
free lunches, money give aways, food was always provided on holidays and weekly
Cons
short breaks
Quiet, competitive environment
A typical day you would first start with returning voicemails, looking at your schedule for the day, and then going through your work required for the day. I learned a lot of management skills and learned how to communicate with very upset debtors, as well as building great relationships with my co workers. Hardest part about the job is you must remain a lot of patience as it can take months for your work to show through and may take just as long to be compensated for that work. Most enjoyable was the relationships you gained with co workers and of course if you meet your bonus.
Pros
Hour lunch, and flexibility with appointments.
Cons
Beneifits and inurances and slim to none.
Professional Atmosphere and dedicated management.
I enjoyed working at Bonneville because it had a set schedule and the allowance of working overtime. A typical day at work consisted of taking inbound/outbound calls, relieving debts, setting up payment arrangements, and informing consumers of their account status. I became familiar with debt collections laws withing the FDCPA. Although this position was in collections, I obtained customer service skills, communication skills, and patience. I would say that the training period was the hardest part of the job for me, the training period is a week and then you are put on the phones. The people I called, or called in, tended to be difficult but the longer I worked there, the more I was able to wok with all consumers personalities. I enjoyed the management, the managers worked very well with my school schedule and kept a positive attitude.
Pros
Benefits, Committed Supervisors, coaching sessions, & set work schedule.
Not a good job if you want to go somewhere
This company is very sneaky & has a lot of things going on behind the scenes, including from the bosses & owners.
Pros
there isn't any
Cons
negative
Fast paced work environment
* Telephoned 150-200 accounts daily to discuss financial arrangements, managed individual caseload of 1000 accounts.
* How to perform in a fast paced work environment, customer service skills.

* Management was firm but fair.

* Co-workers were knowledgeable and willing to teach.

* Dealing with disgruntled customers on a daily basis.

* Helping customers solve their financial obligations.
Pros
compensation and bonuses.
Cons
job security.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bonneville Collections. Our community is ready to answer.