Bonobos Employee Reviews

ups and downs like a keg stand
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2018
encourages individuality and good pay and perks. bro culture can limit advancement and some teams are not open to hiring internally. overall a fun ride for the time being.
Whoa a Bonobo?
Guideshop Guide and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 6, 2018
Great clothes, high prices, excellent teams and new age company culture.I have only worked here a short while and don't have much to say. It is a good temp position, but there is growth options here if that retail is the career goal.
Pros
Amazing discount.
Cons
Clothes without discount are worth more than most of my part-time paychecks.
Perfect job if you don't mind spending coutnless hours having nothing to do
Lead Guide (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAMarch 16, 2018
I worked as a Lead Guide and was constantly baffled with how terrible the management was for my store, my manager openly allowed employees to drink alchohol on the floor and allowed employees to be late or not show up at all without any mention. I had expressed concern that a customer forced himself into the store and made me very uncomfortable and my manger did nothing and expressed zero concern for my safety by allowing me as the only female to close the store at very late hours alone when that is against policy. Corporate itself does not actually care about the well being of its employees at all, as long as your are meeting numbers they couldn't care less about you. Literally the only postive thing I can say is they do pay fairly well for how easy the job is and how often you spend sitting around doing absolutely nothing.
Pros
Hourly is on the higher end for retail- literally only pro
Cons
horrible management, lack of care for employees, lots of downtime with nothing to do, horrible hours
Bonobos the ever changing.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2018
Bonobos is a pretty great place to work. When I was there, they were undergoing a lot of structural and managerial change which caused us to feel unbalanced, unsupported and under appreciated. For me, my unhappiness was mostly about pay. But the people you work with are pretty awesome. If you're looking for a fun part time job, it's definitely the place for you.
Ups and Downs
Guideshop Lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2018
Overall a great experience but there are ups and downs but not enough worth mentioning. Either you get along or you don't. Managers at times can think they are above the law.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Not many worth mentioning
Loved it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 11, 2018
Great Place. Everyone was incredibly friendly and the work was rewarding, although challenging. Company has a clear vision and everyone is onboard, even those in different shops.
Incredible and growing start-up
Bonobos Guide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2012
I was brought into Bonobos over a year ago to start the Bonobos Guides program. I've brought in over $1 million in revenue for the showroom and set up trunk shows and events with Fortune 500 companies, top business schools and charities. As with typical start up culture, I wear many hats and at this stage, I am interested in focusing on sales and account management.
Pros
amazing colleagues
Cons
extremely long hours
Decent
Lead Guide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2018
Working at Bonobos is a great experience. Generally speaking, the managers are great and are super accommodating when it comes to work / life balance. The pay is on the higher end of what is readily available for similar positions in the Chicagoland area.

Depending on the shop, the team can either be great, or contentious, depending on how clique-ish they tend. to be.
Great job to have but a shady company to work for
Guide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
Yeah its great to have a job where some days all you do is sit around and gossip with your coworkers, but i dont think its worth the disrespect. No one in this company knows how to communicate. They say one thing do another. They only really care for their higher ups and forget about the actual guides. The competition they have from other retailers is getting to them so they have people talking about controlling traffic as if thats something that can be done.
Pros
sometimes get paid to do nothing
Cons
lack of communication
new concept
Asst Lead Guide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 1, 2018
Working at Bonobos was pretty cool and different. Had to explain to the customers a lot how the store worked. Customers would come in thinking it was a regular store, which wasn't. Everything in Bonobos is for trying on purposes, which means you don't bring the items home with you. Items get delivered to your home after a few days.
So amazing. Favorite job I've ever attained.
Guide/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 5, 2017
Wow, I have never worked in such an amazing environment. To this day I remember how amazing it felt to have a personable bond with my bonobros and clientele. It was 1 on 1 styling with men who needed updated wardrobes, which was so much fun because you get to know the persona and push boundaries to see if they would be willing to step out of the box! Made some great connections through bonobos. We were trained almost weekly on new items, sales pitches, etc. Overall a solid company and the CEO has really turned this company into something amazing! Room for improvement of course but that depends on the length of your stay. Being that their are only a max of 7-15 employees per guideshop, no one necessarily left quick! I could go on and on about how amazing this company is. I truly recommend working here if you're in search of a job that let's your creativity shine through clothes!
Pros
bonding, pay, leisure, snacks.
Cons
short staff, a bit difficult to get shifts covered.
Great place to seek out Men's Fashion with a cold brew and good music
Lead Guide (Former Employee) –  UTC La JollaOctober 12, 2015
Fun place to work with great customers. I truly enjoyed having fun interactions with the BONOBOS customer. I was part of management and was often told I was fun and easy to work with by my guides. The hardest part of the job was sometimes getting the customer comfortable with the process. It was a little different concept than other retailers.
There were times that I faced very difficult obstacles which would make the overall work experience not so great. I found the other managers excluded and withheld information making it very challenging to do my job.
Pros
Great customers and guides/associates. Loved coaching and working with them.
Cons
Sometimes very low foot traffic resulting in low numbers, unnecessary comments on low sales, unethical practices by store manager and other assistant
Need to work on employee care as they do customers
Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2017
There was not a lot of focus on the people who work there in the under Director positions. There are people who really care and want to make successful content but big obstacles in there way as far as getting things accomplished.
Pros
healthcare, time off
Cons
bad management
A great place to work with phenomenal people!
Customer Experience Ninja (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2017
I would have never imagined myself in a online customer service role, but Bonobos really changed that for me. A fun work environment that approaches customer service with a more "human" element. Very flexible for part-timers too!
Friendly and nice people to work with
Women's Technical Design and Production Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2015
Not ordinary intern tasks. They trusted me to contact vendors and work on new designs. Mostly everyone will smile and say hi as you walk through the office. Enjoy how young everyone and they have monthly bar nights.
Making great connections in a stress free environment.
Lead Guide (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2015
Build an achievable sales plan for the day.
Take on projects single handedly.
Built an amazing team with precise coaching and involvement.
Had a great team of associates I could rely on.
Pros
motivating, great energy
Cons
poor structure
Productive, fun place to work
Guide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2016
Working at Bonobos was both fun and fulfilling, most of the time I didn't even feel like I was at work. Usually it seemed like my shifts flew by and I was having fun on the job.