Booker T. Washington Child Development Center

Booker T. Washington Child Development Center Employee Reviews

United States3 reviews
Culturally diverse
A typical day would be arriving greeting staff and prepare materials and classroom. Greet families. Be supportive of family and children. Encourage independence. Model English language and encourage conversation through out the day.
I learned to have materials to have when observing child's interactions and engagement with materials or with other children and implementing to paper then computer and documenting attendance rosters and meal counts and age appropriate lesson plan.

The workplace was with positive support.

The hardest part of the job is when the children moved on to elementary school.

The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing the child's progress.
Pros
Culturally diverse.
Active day from the beginning
Prepared all carts for morning meals, assisted the lead cook with all daily meals, served to meals a day breakfast and lunch. cooked and cleaned. created a monthly meal schedule. I learned the proper temperatures for foods and obtained my ServSafe Certification for 5 years. Management was always over seeing me and teaching me new policies and procedures of the FDA and invoices for deliveries. Most co-worker came into the cafeteria for coffee and lunch or to comment on how good the food smells. The hardest part of the job was making sure the meals went out in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job was the children. Seeing the smiles of the children after they ate a good meal and they were happy and satisfied.
Pros
free meals, walking distance
Cons
some deliveries where incomplete or not ordered by management
Booker T Washington was a nice place to work,
It was a nice place to work, I enjoyed working on that environment.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Booker T. Washington Child Development Center?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booker T. Washington Child Development Center. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3