Books-A-Million Careers and Employment
- Company size5,001 to 10,000
- Revenue$100M to $500M (USD)
- IndustryRetail & Wholesale
Salary estimated from 267 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Employees at Books-A-Million have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
What would you say about your employer?
Help fellow job seekers by sharing your unique experience.
People have asked 92 questions about working at Books-A-Million. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Books-A-Million employees.
Insights from 155 Indeed users who have interviewed with Books-A-Million within the last 5 years.
The typical interview questions about why you want to work there, how you'd deal with upset customers, etc. We also spoke about how much I read and what type of books I like. Also about sale initiatives, and how well could you sell the extras to customers (magazines for millionaires, the Books-A-Million membership, donation drives, etc.)
Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer. How did you handle the situation? What was the outcome?
"what have you done to learn something new in the past 7 days?" "Why do you want to work at books a million?" "What kinds of work do you like to do, not related to this position" (For example you are applying for a book seller, but you also like working with your hands)
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.