Boomerang Transport
Happiness rating is 79 out of 100

Boomerang Transport Employee Reviews

United States75 reviews

Excellent gig work

I find the support excellent and enjoy helping people who need transportation services. I am retired so the flexibility of this gig work is great -- but don't count on it if you need full-time income.

Pros

Flexibility, friendly and excellent staff support.

Cons

Waiting for insurance approval can "yank your chain" and schedule.

A great place to work with friendly staff.

With Boomerang Transport you are a Owner Operator and you can work on your schedule. We do Medical Transport of Workers Comp patients. We transport them to their appointments and back. Either Doctors appointment or Physical Therapy.

Pros

Meet new people

Cons

You use your own vehicle.

Boomerang Transport insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Horrible company

You are independent contractor, yet if you don’t meet the required call in steps, such doing a check in a minimum of 1 hour prior to a scheduled trip you could be penalized or even fined. There were times where I was required to wait for permission to leave a location where a person no showed for their trip, yet I was not compensated for that extra wait time. This company hides behind the independent contractor yet it treats its driver like employees without compensating them as such. It was a horrible experience and I ended up making very little money based on my time and expenses involved with being a driver.

Decide when to work

What drew me to Boomerang was the ability to work when it was convenient for me. It's not for someone who needs a regular pay. It's not possible to have a minimum amount of pay in this line of work but if so I'd still be working there. Know what your tax deductions can be. It can offset the cost of using your own vehicle.I loved working with Boomerang!

Pros

Ability to work around your availability. The autonomy and meeting many people.

Cons

Work when it's available; sometimes there may only be a few rides available.

Good working environment

It’s good company to work for. Hours are flexible and you decide when to work. Your passengers are mostly nice & courteous. Training & support from the whole team of boomerang transport is excellent.

Fun and energetic work environment

A typical day is very fast paced and can get a bit stressful. The team is great to work with. They are enthusiastic and make every day enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is handling issues that arise that take all of your attention to ensure a trip goes smoothly.

Easy work generally

My only complaint is the pay could be higher for longer trips Two hour short trips are only about 22$, but longer distances aren’t worth it due to high gas prices... like $50 for a 200 mile tripBut, they are easy to work for - everything is online based. Paid bi-weekly.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Pay

Fun and exciting.

Not very challenging but good extra income for retirees or side gig. Bommerrang does give you plenty of notice on your next client and usually very good riders.

Pros

Working on your own, no boss.

Cons

Not enough pay for the wear and tear on your vehicle.

The best accessible 1099 driving job out there

I am so pleased to have found boomerang in the midst of some life changes I was going through. I specifically needed a "build your own schedule" job, which are pretty hard to find. I found Boomerang on indeed and was driving my first client in a week. Benefits of Boomerang:Schedule: The text-to-calendar model of accepting and taking rides is exceptional. You receive an automatic text for requests based on your availability and and you choose whether or not you take them. Presumably you'd take any ride that falls within your posted availability. You can always opt not to, but that is silly considering how easy it is to request off on their website (no two weeks notice is needed or any of that stuff.)Pay: This is not an Uber gig. You interact with clients, connecting with them before and during their appointment trip, though even that is not a strictly overseen requirement since it is a 1099. Individual trips pay well, especially if you live in a rural area, as they pay for the distance traveled to your pickup point outside of a certain range. You are informed of how much each trip will be BEFORE you even accept it. I have yet to decline a trip because the pay was not worth it. I often make $50-$120 before noon in a shift and enjoy the rest of my day.While it is not required, it is easy to find a flow in communication that ensure that clients continue requesting you as a driver. This is especially ideal for clients who have multiple scheduled appointments per week, which guarantees a predictable pay schedule if that is what you are looking for. Pay is organized and well -

Pros

Independence, reliable staff, pay, mission based.

Cons

Bidding model of insurance companies kind of yanks drivers' chains around a little.

Flexible work and personally rewarding

I enjoy the work flexibility which I control. I would categorize pay as adequate, but I didn't join for financial freedom. Helping clients is the most rewarding aspect, particularly those requiring extra help. This is a supplemental job and work is sporadic, so understand this before committing. My interactions with management & administration have been pleasant and productive. They respond quickly to changing situations.

Pros

Helping people with needs beyond my own

Cons

Pay, but you know this going in.

Friendly people an no pressure to accept a run

This is a company that pays fairly well if you are retired an want some extra money. I feel safe with the fact that they keep a close watch on where you are. I have met some very nice people in my travels. Everyone at their office are very friendly if you call in for anything be it a problem or suggestion. I am not pressured to take a run if I dont want it when they ask. I would recommend this job to anyone that has extra time an enjoys helping people get to Dr. Appts.

Pros

Get extra pay on most jobs your waiting longer then an hour.

Cons

No benifets, no maintance for car except oil change discount at jiffy lube.

Excellent to work for

Boomerang Transport affords me the ability to work during my retirement, at my pace, on my schedule. Boomerang is also a very altruistic company donating to charitable organizations around the world. Boomerang is extremely customer service oriented which I like. They have high expections of their employees and their contractors. I would recommend that anyone looking for part time work with flexible scheduling look into working for Boomerang. If you are a people person and enjoy providing outstanding customer service and helping people, Boomerang is looking for you.

Pros

Work when I want. High level of customer service

Flexibility

I have worked as an Independent Contractor for Boomerang Transportation for the past two years and I love it. I like driving and being able to set my own schedule. I like meeting new people and feel that I'm providing an essential service. The only downside is that the pay could be better for some of the longer distances. I've never had any issues communicating with management, and I actually enjoy sending in the codes to the machine. I'm happy I found out about Boomerang Transportation and I would gladly refer them to others.

Pros

flexibility, ease of planning time off, ability to set own schedule

Cons

Some long distance rides could pay more, and sometimes passenger's appoints go over an hour or more past scheduled time.

Best Place for a Flexible Schedule

I recently celebrated my 1st anniversary! I truly enjoy driving anyway so this opportunity is perfect for me!! I appreciate the flexibility the job affords along with the benefit of meeting some pretty amazing people. I love having consistent customers to transport; but, I also regularly receive new customers. I determine how often I wish to work and what rides I want to accept. I have looked at other transportation opportunities and worked for one other company. Because Boomerang operates through insurance companies, l know who I will be transporting, what my compensation will be, and the mileage and time involved is the best of "all" worlds. The other company offered none of that. I must admit; initially I thought this would be a short-term gig, but the sheer simplicity of the business to make money is fantastic.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

none at this time

Excellent Company to work for

Boomerang is an excellent company to work for, I like the freedom that I have to work when I want to. Everyone that I have had contact with is very friendly and professional.

Great Place To Work

Very Good Company To Work For, Great Staff, Pays On Time And Correctly, No Problems With Staff Always Ready To Help Flexible Schedule And Hours And Time Off

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

No Benefits

Na

The opportunity started great with two to three transports a week. I also had a nice day long transport that paid well. All of a sudden i started getting last minute cancellations. I submitted some new contract suggestions on the cancellations.. I have only gotten two poor jobs in the last two months.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

No work

Company is a joke for helpers

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Boomerang Transport is poor long hours not enough money!Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Boomerang Transport are below average work 10-12 hours for nothing!

Driving

It's job driving worker-comp patient to Doctor appointment. There is not enough hours to work full time in San Antonio. But it's okay if you drive for other gig companies, such as Uber.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Not enough gig

This company is a joke

This company is a joke,I sent them all the papers and documents today required then they ask for more and then when I didn’t get them sent back in a timely matter because I was fighting the flu and almost had corona they decided to remove my application they could give a care less about my health if they’re gonna be like this I don’t wanna work for them

Pros

Cons

Waste of time

Move At Your On Pace

A great part time job while getting to meet and help people. You are able to work as many days as you want during the week. You are able to schedule in advance what days off you may need. I only thing that did not sit while was that you do not get paid for your mileage in cash. The long ride miles to add up and oil and tire changes do come up quicker.

Pros

Make your schedule

Cons

No Mileage Pay

Common questions about Boomerang Transport

Answered by current and former employees at Boomerang Transport

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boomerang Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Boomerang Transport.
Powered byComparably