Boomerang Transport Employee Reviews

Good Company
Contract Driver (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAOctober 15, 2018
I have worked for Boomerang Transport for 3 years and have really enjoyed it. The Coordinators are awesome and the clients are great. Many clients have mentioned that they greatly prefer Boomerang Transport drivers. They have great confidence that Boomerang Transport will consistently pick them up on time and get them to their appointment on time, EVERY time.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, low stress, pay is always accurate and deposited in a timely manner.
Cons
You destroy your car while getting pay around $5.00 hr.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 2, 2018
What ever Pros you may think this company has, after adding and substracting you only make about 8 to 14 dollars per trip, every trip is about 10 miles but you only get pay when the passenger is inside your car. You pick the client up and take him to his or her appointment, then wait an average of 1 hour and you don't get paid while you wait. Between the gas you spent, wear and tear on your car like tires, oil changes, transmission wear etc at the end of the trip you get about $14 in your pockets. They penalized you for for thing that are out of your control so u might make only $4 per trip. The company is so shady, they don't have a physical address, they refuse to give it to you since they operate out of the owners garage. You don't believe me, look them up. I saw all the miles I was putting in my car vs the money I was making and I left.Show Less
Pros
Make your own schedule.
Cons
You get paid less than minimum wage, You ruin your car and they make all the money, Paid is less than fair. RUNNNN do not work for this company.
Good Company
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCAugust 24, 2018
Company was great to work for felt like working for a family. They were good to their employees- honest and with integrity. Left for big salary raise. Miss the work and environment. The grass is always greener!
Pros
Great Management, Work from Home
Cons
No Benefits
summary reviewed
contractor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 3, 2018
Your vehicle, your insurance, your gas, your time, their profit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You will have to wait one hour for the client without getting paid. You will be paid a small amount of money for the trip. You will be penalized for actions that or beyond your control. The amount that you will spend for gas will not add up to the amount that you are paid. You can try it if you want to but be prepared to lose money. Only Boomerang will make money.
Pros
Cons
You will lose money working/contracting with this company
Be Very Careful
Interviewer/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  VirtualJuly 31, 2018
Due to the strange method of the "training" that takes place with Boomerang Transport, I am now unemployed. In reality, this training is simply a ruse to help them keep their interviews for their drivers from flooding their inbox. I made it to the third round of their supposed interview process for the dispatch position, and was clearly under the impression that I had received the job. The reason for this is because this third round was actual training for the job itself. BT had me submit all of the standard tax and hiring paperwork to them, and expressed that they needed someone to start within the week. I had already begun feeling suspicious as all of the training and testing I had received was for the driver position. When I had applied for dispatch. This third round consisted of us supposed applicants interviewing potential drivers for employment with BT. I advised the owners of the company I would be putting in my 3 day notice with the job I had held before this one under the impression I had been hired. The owners said nothing of the fact that they had not yet hired me.

I worked for BT for a week straight, interviewing driver applicants (which I was paid a lower rate than what the dispatch position should've paid), only for them to drop the bomb that the position I thought I already had was up for grabs. I then heard nothing else from them except for the standard "if you don't hear back from us, then too bad" spiel. I do understand that the tone of this review is incredibly negative; this is not out of spite, but simply to convey how terribly this has affected
  more... me. I truly believe there never was an actual dispatch position, and they simply needed help clearing out unsatisfactory applications to make their job easier. Even on the slim chance there was, it's still appalling that any company would expect the amount of commitment of requiring applicants to work for them and dealing with this process which took almost a whole month. I cannot under good conscience recommend anyone to apply or deal with this company.  less
Not a great place to work cannot make any money
Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 19, 2018
At the end of your trips you will be working for less than minimum wage if you add the time gas and mileage you are really not making any after the trip
1) you drive 20 minutes to pick up someone and doesn’t get paid
2) and drop them off at the appointment and wait for the first hr and don’t get paid
Now you have 2 hours you have got paid
3 and they offer you 20.00 to 30.00 for all that
4) not good you will have 15.00 in gas
Not so great to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 19, 2018
Horrible pay they want you to travel more miles and get paid less and then tell you you need to purchase another type of insurance to go farther and get paid more 🤬the more miles you go the less you are getting paid 🤷🏿‍♂️ After you total up everything that day you is working for less then minimum wage 😔 you can have two to three hours and not get paid for them😡
Pros
They will help you when you can’t find a client
Cons
They need to work on they’re pay system
Only apply if you want to work once every two weeks
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 1, 2018
I was a driver with the company over a month and only received 2 trips offers! The pay is a joke as well! They send me a trip request that I’d would have to drive over 30 miles to pick up the person and then drive over 40 miles to the doctors office and then take them back which is another 40+ miles for $75 bucks! Trip was almost 200 miles round trip! Also after I was approved to drive for them it took 3 weeks to finally send me a ride request which was 3 weeks out. Not worth the time
Pros
Self employed
Cons
Low pay no work
Business Client - Extremely Satisfied.
Partner (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 20, 2018
It has been my pleasure of working professionally with Boomerang Transportation for the better part of a decade. They have proven themselves to be an asset for their reliability, professionalism and reasonableness.

Their team communicates effectively, no matter who you speak with everyone is on the same page. Their drivers are reliable, punctual and professional. Quite honestly I do not have any negative feedback on them whatsoever.

I unreservedly recommend their services.
Pros
Punctual, Reliable, Professional
Flexible and fits my schedule
Subcontractor/Driver (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 25, 2018
I enjoy driving for Boomerang Transport. The clients have been nice so far. I get all the time off I need without the worry of being terminated for absenteeism like at a regular job. I could use more rides but I try to refer good drivers to compensate.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay could be more
Very nice part time job
Owner Operator Driver (Current Employee) –  Edgemoor, SCMarch 19, 2018
You are a Owner Operator and you can work as much as you want. They offer a job assignment and you take it or decline it. The number of assignments offered fluctuates from time to time.But it is a great part time job that supplements my income being semi retired and on disability.
Pros
Great compasation
Cons
Using your own vehicle
Enjoyable and interesting
Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLMarch 19, 2018
As a patient transporter, I pick up and transport patients to appointments. This is not a full time job, but as a retiree, not bad at all.
Some weeks are busy, others not so much, so not good for a normal paycheck, but works for me in my situation.
You can accept rides via text and choose to accept or deny rides if it does not fit into your schedule. Asking for time off is online and easy, never had a request denied.
You work as a sub-contractor and have to file a 1099.
It keeps me busy and pay is always on time.
Pros
Meet interesting people and enjoy driving.
Cons
Sometimes they offer you rides outside of 25 miles away, and since you get paid by loaded miles, I dont usually accept those as it is not fiscally profitable to me.
Great Part-Time Work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 19, 2018
Boomerang staff is very friendly and the owners are very hands on with the company. This is a great part-time for anyone who is not looking for a high stress, demanding job. It is just the right pace for me.
Pros
Flexible Work Time
Cons
Work week is unpredictable
Boomerang Transport Driver, Very happy with job.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Blountville, TNMarch 19, 2018
I have been a driver with Boomerang Transport for almost 2 months. I have enjoyed doing the job that I hired on to do. Management is great and always ready to help in any situation. I hurt my knee a few weeks back and was able to take time off to get it fixed up. This company is great to work for and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. I look forward to many more years with this company if they will have me.
Pros
Time off if needed. Great Management.
Cons
None comes to mind at this time.
Pay
Driver (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 19, 2018
Well I don’t mind driving but sometimes you are ask to drive for 2.5 hours to pick up a passenger and the pay is extremely low. Also the lock of scheduling is difficult for me . Most of the calls are Made in the same day therefore I can’t work like that at least a 24 hours notice will be good. The passengers are very nice. Many times the passenger refuse to go to their appointments so you sit there and there and the company just pay you maybe 10 dollars for your time ? .
Pros
Good customer
Cons
Not enough money
My favorite place I have ever worked
Driver (Current Employee) –  Clifton Forge, VAMarch 19, 2018
I took the job to work part tine only because I was looking to supplement my income. I work 2-3 days a week and average about 200.00 per week which meets my needs. They are very helpful in answering your questions when you are unsure of what to do.,The passengers say that Boomerang has the best drivers who are always on tine and drive clean , well maintained vehicles. I plan on working there for the next several years.
Pros
Work your own hours
Cons
None for me
Straightforward work, straightforward pay
Driver (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 19, 2018
Since becoming retired, I have been looking for something exactly like this. I wanted to get out of the house and have something to do, but I did not want to have the stress or rigid schedule that comes along with most part time jobs. With Boomerang Transport, they text me about upcoming transports, I accept right on my phone, and then I go drive the person where they need to go when the day arrives.

I only get a few transports a week, but that's exactly what I'm looking for. The pay is direct deposited into my account twice a month and has always been correct. I have met a lot of neat people that I have driven and heard a lot of stories.

This job might not be for everyone, but it works for me. If it sounds up your alley, then I would highly recommend this position.
Pros
Flexible schedule, low stress
Cons
Work is not consistent
Great for part time work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 14, 2018
This position is perfect for me as I'm just needing part time work and supplemental income. The work is hit and miss. I get about 1-3 rides a week on average. I did notice it starts slow and picks up over time.
Pros
No set schedule
Work from home but high pace environment
Vice President of Operations (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2018
A typical day is pretty busy but you're in pajamas. You deal with a high volume of emails and phone calls creating new transportation events or handling issues with current trips. At times it can get very stressful.

The management team is very laid back and create a fun environment to work with. Everyone is friendly & easy to get along with.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with high volume of phone calls with a wide array of different situations.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the team at Boomerang.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, fun, work from home, paid time off.
Cons
Short lunch break, paid time off is the only benefit.
Part Time Contract Driving
Driver - Orland, FL (Former Employee) –  OrlandoSeptember 26, 2017
Would have liked to have worked more - very relaxed - clients were great. The support team was great and always got response from management when needed.
Pros
work when you want - you can say no..
Cons
would have liked more trips

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boomerang Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Boomerang Transport.

Powered by Comparably