Boomerang Transport

Boomerang Transport Employee Reviews

United States54 reviews
Perfect for Retirees!
Driving for Boomerang is a perfect part time job for anyone retired that enjoys meeting people and driving. Hours are flexible and the employees are very helpful with any questions I have about a particular transport.
Great extra income
I like the working on my own schedule and pay could be better but I still love the work. If you love people of all walks of life young and old and have compassion for others you will love it
Supportive staff
Overall, it is a good company. Unfortunately, I have missed assignments because of difficulties Boomerang is experiencing with employees that subscribe to T-Mobile.
Loved everything I heard and read
I have a leg injury my left leg and it’s hard for me to do a lot of standing so driving job is perfect I have a very flexible schedule very confident and reliable person love talking to people love driving drive very dependable and safe I will go above and beyond what is needed for the job
Not professional
The company just ain't professional enough. Unprofessional. Too much negativity to quote about this company. They really needs professional improvements on how to handle situations when a person vehicle becomes inoperative before a scheduled trip. Some things are out of the control of drivers such as vehicle breakdowns.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Lack of work
Work is very slow. I don't recommend this being your only income to rely on because you hardly ever get an assignment. They say they have plenty of work. But your assignment is based on where the client lives. So if the client doesn't live near you don't expect to get the trip. I feel that for the amount of work (little) you get the mileage rate could be a bit more.
Pros
Nice Staff
Cons
Lack of work/assignments
Not much work
The people who set you up for rides were great and helpful. The only problem is there are very few rides. I had one prescheduled a few days in advance which would have paid decent money but it was cancelled the night before. Just not enough work to make it worthwhile. Plus you have to be committed to drive or you could lose your privileges.
Good to work with
Can not provide enough work (Driving Assignments) 1-2 over the last 8 weeks Avg. $150 per month. Un-realistic expectations from company...they expect you to be available but then cannot keep you busy with assignments. Sometimes drive to assignment 30 miles each way but then only pay from client to appointment. Often expected to wait for 1 to 3 hours with wait-time often NOT PAID!
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Low Pay, No Advancement, Not enough work
Good people to work with on a part time basis.
Well run company. Nice and fun people to work with as an independent contractor. Good organized administrative and office staff. Emails and texts sent promptly and efficiently.
Worst n.E.T company out there!
They rip you off for wait time & dock pay if you dont have the absolute most expensive insurance. They send you sometimes 2hrs away. No compensation for gas or wear on your vehicle. Pay is pennies a mile when other companies its $1.50 per mile or more. You only make about $150-200 a week. I got in a fender bender and they never asked me if I was on they were just mad because I couldn't get the tow truck driver there fast enough to pull me out the ditch. They do not care about the drivers at all.
Pros
The patients are sweet
Cons
Unfair pay, High miles on your car, A company that has no concern for the well being of its employees.
Good company, but not good pay.
Enjoy driving for Boomerang. Unfortunately the pay is not so good for all the miles that you have to drive. There is not such a thing of $11.75 per leg minimum, or $50 avarage pay per ride. We have received even requests for only $21.00 for 2 leg trip.
If you are looking for just a little supplement for your income, and willing to drive a lot of miles for the pay, this is a good place.
Great job with flexible hours
Love this job and the interaction of the people I interact with. They are always positive and upbeat and show appreciation.
I wish the pay were a little better and that I could get more hours.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
assignment cancel fee is low
Due to low pay it is not a job for everone.
Management and salaried employees appear professional. As a contract driver I can only relate my experience. I enjoy what I do. I am a people person and enjoy interacting with most. That is a good thing because the pay SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. If I didn't enjoy the people and if I was physically able to do something other than drive I definitely would not do this. Let me explain:
They pay 75cent per mile with the passenger in your vehicle but they take 5c for insurance even though you carry enough. You do not get anything for the first 20 miles to pick patient up or the first 20 miles after you drop them off. You do not get paid for wait time unless you are told to stay on premises with patient and then you don't get paid the 1st hour you wait. Then you get $10 per hour after the first free hour. A true example. 19.8 miles to pick up and 19.8 back home after patient is back home. 39.6 miles no pay. wait on site 1 hour no pay. 14 miles to appoint and 14 miles back home total pay $23.22. Total miles. 37.6, gas cost $5.32 net after gas 17.90, driving time 2 hours, waiting time 1 hour=$5.97 per hour less wear and tear and depreciation on your vehicle.
Pros
Treats customer like royalty.
Cons
treats contractors like servants
Good flex time job
Excellent job for people who enjoy driving and helping people. Flexible advanced notice schedule allows for selection of jobs that fit easily into your available time
I enjoy the part time work and I enjoy meeting new people, and it is very interesting.
The rides are scheduled with ease, the process for the driver is easy to follow. I like that a lot of the clients are repeat and that you get to know them and can see their progress. I enjoy working for them very much!
Pros
Flexible Hours
Easy work
I am a driver in Myrtle Beach South Carolina. It's a great way to make a few extra dollars. The admin staff are pleasant and very responsive. Pays much more than Door Dash, etc. No heavy lifting, easy job.
Pros
Work when you want, super easy job.
Greatest Part Time job around!
I have been with BOOMERANG since June 2019 and I REALLY enjoy working with this company. The hours and trips are flexible and if you can't take a trip there's no pressure. The pay for trips are competitive with other transport companies and we are paid on time every time! If you're looking for a great part time job, this is it.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Wish it could be full time
Boomerang Transport Driver
I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve clients through Boomerang Transport, which provides a flexible work schedule and freedom to explore other meaningful options. As an experienced driver and customer service relations, I understand my role and note the policies that are clear and reiterated, during training. It is fun and a great experience, thus far--especially because of the good communication that the company presents.
Great Part Time Job
Overall would recommend this company as a good place for an independent part time job. Pretty well run, although there are some minor glitches in the system. On the plus side, the system of job notifications and payment processing works very well. The training is good. The system to report status of rides is good and easy to use. The pay is better than average in most cases.

On the needs improvement side, you have to be extremely flexible, because ride requests often come without much notice. Examples,

Yesterday they sent me a job at 11:30AM for 2PM pickup, and

Last night at 8PM another for a 10am pickup today.

Secondly, the info they get from the insurance company can often be wrong or not existent. This is not their fault. Examples,

Had to pick up a farm worker and the address turned out to be a vacant field. Had to pick someone up at the airport and was never able to get an airline or flight number.

Thirdly, if your are not in a large metropolitan area and because you are using your own car, some of the ride requests for pickup can be too far to be economically feasible both from a time and distance perspective. They try to keep you in a 30 mile radius but that is not always the case.

Lastly, the owners Wes and JP are very involved in the business behind the scenes, but are not really reachable. All questions/comments are funneled through a group of case workers and an office manager.
Great job and Company to work for.
Love working for the company , Happy @ Boomerang. Usually , no nights and very few weekends. Hoping to stay with the Boomerang Co. They seem to care about the customers too.
Part time
Great part time job. Independent contractor status that won’t take a lot of your time. Not an abundance of work in this area as of yet. You won’t make a lot of money if that’s important to you.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boomerang Transport. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Boomerang Transport.