Boomerang Transport

Boomerang Transport Employee Reviews

My only complaint is the pay could be higher for longer trips Two hour short trips are only about 22$, but longer distances aren’t worth it due to high gas prices... like $50 for a 200 mile tripBut, they are easy to work for - everything is online based. Paid bi-weekly.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Pay
Not very challenging but good extra income for retirees or side gig. Bommerrang does give you plenty of notice on your next client and usually very good riders.
Pros
Working on your own, no boss.
Cons
Not enough pay for the wear and tear on your vehicle.
I am so pleased to have found boomerang in the midst of some life changes I was going through. I specifically needed a "build your own schedule" job, which are pretty hard to find. I found Boomerang on indeed and was driving my first client in a week. Benefits of Boomerang:Schedule: The text-to-calendar model of accepting and taking rides is exceptional. You receive an automatic text for requests based on your availability and and you choose whether or not you take them. Presumably you'd take any ride that falls within your posted availability. You can always opt not to, but that is silly considering how easy it is to request off on their website (no two weeks notice is needed or any of that stuff.)Pay: This is not an Uber gig. You interact with clients, connecting with them before and during their appointment trip, though even that is not a strictly overseen requirement since it is a 1099. Individual trips pay well, especially if you live in a rural area, as they pay for the distance traveled to your pickup point outside of a certain range. You are informed of how much each trip will be BEFORE you even accept it. I have yet to decline a trip because the pay was not worth it. I often make $50-$120 before noon in a shift and enjoy the rest of my day.While it is not required, it is easy to find a flow in communication that ensure that clients continue requesting you as a driver. This is especially ideal for clients who have multiple scheduled appointments per week, which guarantees a predictable pay schedule if that is what you are looking for. Pay is organized and well - more...
Pros
Independence, reliable staff, pay, mission based.
Cons
Bidding model of insurance companies kind of yanks drivers' chains around a little.
I enjoy the work flexibility which I control. I would categorize pay as adequate, but I didn't join for financial freedom. Helping clients is the most rewarding aspect, particularly those requiring extra help. This is a supplemental job and work is sporadic, so understand this before committing. My interactions with management & administration have been pleasant and productive. They respond quickly to changing situations.
Pros
Helping people with needs beyond my own
Cons
Pay, but you know this going in.
This is a company that pays fairly well if you are retired an want some extra money. I feel safe with the fact that they keep a close watch on where you are. I have met some very nice people in my travels. Everyone at their office are very friendly if you call in for anything be it a problem or suggestion. I am not pressured to take a run if I dont want it when they ask. I would recommend this job to anyone that has extra time an enjoys helping people get to Dr. Appts.
Pros
Get extra pay on most jobs your waiting longer then an hour.
Cons
No benifets, no maintance for car except oil change discount at jiffy lube.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Boomerang Transport affords me the ability to work during my retirement, at my pace, on my schedule. Boomerang is also a very altruistic company donating to charitable organizations around the world. Boomerang is extremely customer service oriented which I like. They have high expections of their employees and their contractors. I would recommend that anyone looking for part time work with flexible scheduling look into working for Boomerang. If you are a people person and enjoy providing outstanding customer service and helping people, Boomerang is looking for you.
Pros
Work when I want. High level of customer service
I have worked as an Independent Contractor for Boomerang Transportation for the past two years and I love it. I like driving and being able to set my own schedule. I like meeting new people and feel that I'm providing an essential service. The only downside is that the pay could be better for some of the longer distances. I've never had any issues communicating with management, and I actually enjoy sending in the codes to the machine. I'm happy I found out about Boomerang Transportation and I would gladly refer them to others.
Pros
flexibility, ease of planning time off, ability to set own schedule
Cons
Some long distance rides could pay more, and sometimes passenger's appoints go over an hour or more past scheduled time.
I recently celebrated my 1st anniversary! I truly enjoy driving anyway so this opportunity is perfect for me!! I appreciate the flexibility the job affords along with the benefit of meeting some pretty amazing people. I love having consistent customers to transport; but, I also regularly receive new customers. I determine how often I wish to work and what rides I want to accept. I have looked at other transportation opportunities and worked for one other company. Because Boomerang operates through insurance companies, l know who I will be transporting, what my compensation will be, and the mileage and time involved is the best of "all" worlds. The other company offered none of that. I must admit; initially I thought this would be a short-term gig, but the sheer simplicity of the business to make money is fantastic.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
none at this time
Boomerang is an excellent company to work for, I like the freedom that I have to work when I want to. Everyone that I have had contact with is very friendly and professional.
Very Good Company To Work For, Great Staff, Pays On Time And Correctly, No Problems With Staff Always Ready To Help Flexible Schedule And Hours And Time Off
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No Benefits
The opportunity started great with two to three transports a week. I also had a nice day long transport that paid well. All of a sudden i started getting last minute cancellations. I submitted some new contract suggestions on the cancellations.. I have only gotten two poor jobs in the last two months.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No work
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Boomerang Transport is poor long hours not enough money!Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Boomerang Transport are below average work 10-12 hours for nothing!
It's job driving worker-comp patient to Doctor appointment. There is not enough hours to work full time in San Antonio. But it's okay if you drive for other gig companies, such as Uber.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough gig
This company is a joke,I sent them all the papers and documents today required then they ask for more and then when I didn’t get them sent back in a timely matter because I was fighting the flu and almost had corona they decided to remove my application they could give a care less about my health if they’re gonna be like this I don’t wanna work for them
Pros
Cons
Waste of time
A great part time job while getting to meet and help people. You are able to work as many days as you want during the week. You are able to schedule in advance what days off you may need. I only thing that did not sit while was that you do not get paid for your mileage in cash. The long ride miles to add up and oil and tire changes do come up quicker.
Pros
Make your schedule
Cons
No Mileage Pay
This job offers me the opportunity to meet and help people. I enjoy getting out, driving and meeting people. The pay is not always enough for the job completed. Have work d for this company for 3.5 years and have never met anyone with the company personally, only telephone acquaintances.
Pros
Helping others and meeting people
Cons
Pay is often not commensurate with job
I like the working on my own schedule and pay could be better but I still love the work. If you love people of all walks of life young and old and have compassion for others you will love it
Overall, it is a good company. Unfortunately, I have missed assignments because of difficulties Boomerang is experiencing with employees that subscribe to T-Mobile.
Driving for Boomerang is a perfect part time job for anyone retired that enjoys meeting people and driving. Hours are flexible and the employees are very helpful with any questions I have about a particular transport.
I have a leg injury my left leg and it’s hard for me to do a lot of standing so driving job is perfect I have a very flexible schedule very confident and reliable person love talking to people love driving drive very dependable and safe I will go above and beyond what is needed for the job
The company just ain't professional enough. Unprofessional. Too much negativity to quote about this company. They really needs professional improvements on how to handle situations when a person vehicle becomes inoperative before a scheduled trip. Some things are out of the control of drivers such as vehicle breakdowns.