Boomtown Employee Reviews

Scullery worker
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAFebruary 2, 2018
I was a dishwasher through a temp service the job was ok it was a job i enjoyed my job i was working with folks from all walks of life. U did ur job wash dishes of all kinds
A place that don't want to pay the hours you put in for them.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 6, 2017
If your person that really doesn't have any work coming in, than this might help a little. But be careful they are always skimming on the hours so they can pay you less. And if you use your own materials, don't expect to get what you paid for your own materials.
Pros
There support @ least knows what there doing.
Cons
Not a dependable company
slow
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCNovember 5, 2017
overall it was a very slow pace job and very constant. It was a very boring job. I cleaned the same things multiple times a day. If you want a job that is very minimal hours this is for you.
Pros
part time
Cons
not very many hours
Great Place To Work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 15, 2017
Management has their head on straight. Development is going in the right direction. Refactoring and efficiency are encouraged. Top notch place to be a developer, even if the salary is a bit low.
High risk, low reward
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 9, 2017
The summary says it best. The hours and pacing are what you would expect of a startup. You have to provide some of your own equipment [computers, for example] compensation package is week and the current schedule has most of Ops working 45+ hour weeks on salary. The main focus of the company is the app development, not the Ops team, and it shows.
Independent work atmosphere.
Point of Sale Installation Tech (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 9, 2017
Left to yourself to complete the job. If an issue does arise they have an unmatched support system to assist, usually within' minutes. I give this company a AAA rating.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Not enough work to pay in smaller populus areas
my review
Cocktail/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 1, 2017
Boomtown was ok place to work but some of the employee were c=very messy and some mangers didn't know there job duties. And there was a lot of favoritism. Didn't feel appreciate as a great worker instead I was lied on and my rights violated etc...
Pros
health benefits
Cons
smoking in casino low pay
i loved this job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA 71101August 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working at this one because I loved to clean up there rooms and the people was nice to me and if you had any concerns about the rooms they will handle it and they will fix it for you and the rooms was so nice I mean I just really liked this one and the pay was cool they also made sure you was well taking care of
The Best!!!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 8, 2017
This company is an amazing career driven company to work for. I recommend anyone that enjoys the kind of culture and environment that this company has
Great Culture, Great Company
Training Advisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 12, 2017
I have nothing negative to say about BoomTown. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time within the company. However, I have found that if I want to continue to grow in my career, I may need to look to grow elswhere.
boomtown
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 1, 2017
They was a okay place to work for.I just felt wasn't enough money for me. You have to pay to eat or it come out your check. I just felt I wasn't going to never get ahead there.
n/a
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 30, 2017
This company is beyond excellent to work for. If your looking to excel in your career in the IT/ Business realm, then this is the company to work for.
I was a room attendence person
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAApril 10, 2017
I love the hours that I had and the people that I worked with as well and the rooms wasn't really hard to clean either but with that I really love job because it was helping me get my life together as I started working
Don't believe them
network installation technician (Former Employee) –  Washington StateApril 5, 2017
I was signed on to the for a year as a network technician. They kept calling me to repair printers. My first so call network job turned into putting a realtors furniture and taking her trash out. Second job wasn't much better. Don't get me started on the third one. They don't pay travel nor parking fee's. They expect you to negotiate them before you take the job.
They had a printer job in gigharbor but they shipped the parts to Portland for pickup and expected you to do the driving for free.
Pros
lots of printer jobs. but read the fine print first.
Cons
expect a lot of calls for printers. they don't tell you what they pay for up front.
great
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  BossierJanuary 5, 2017
I enjoyed my job, it was very busy fast paste. I learned a little management skills, my co workers was great and helpful. the hardest part was when it got slow
Not much work
Consultant\Contracting (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 18, 2016
Went through a lengthy setup process. Might have had 2 or 3 jobs in my area this year. If you live in an area where they have lots of work it might be worth your time.
Pros
independent work and quick to pay
Cons
not much work
A great place to work with great coworkers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Verdi, NVJuly 17, 2016
I worked in the peets cafe where i i learned how to make different kind of coffees. Management is great and listen to your concerns. the hardest part of my job was time management , and the most enjoyable is coming up with new ideas for different drinks.
Network Specialist II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 3, 2016
Flexible hours, good hourly compensation. Great knowledgeable staff, and wonderful training infrastructure. I usually make around 200.00 a day while working for this organization.
Slot attendant
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAJanuary 25, 2016
The best job u can ever work for .Love working with public.Also solving there problems when needed .It can be stressful if u allow the people to take you there I dont I solve and keep moving on from there dont have to call my manager thats when they tell me great job
Pros
U have to pay for your lunch
Cons
Great healthcare
Working as an independent contractor
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 27, 2015
When work is available, it is fun and challenging. Problem is the work is not constant. Will work one or two days in a week a, then nothing for a week or so.
Pros
good people, good pay
Cons
not able to make a constant wage