Boomtown Employee Reviews

Best job ever
Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 6, 2018
Great company to work for! The work environment and company culture is fantastic, and you can tell that the employees really love their jobs.

The only downfall is the limited advancement within the company, and you have to create your own opportunities. Although, management is always open to new ideas and encourages everyone to go after their passion. Regardless, still a great place to work even if it's not for the duration of one's career.
Pros
Great culture, Go for It mentality, Genuine care for clients
Cons
Limited ability for advancement up through the company
Fun work place
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LADecember 2, 2018
The workplace gave you the opportunity to meet new people on a daily basis. Working there was fun because I got to walk around and serve drinks and make tips at the same time. Some of the customers would even like to have you stand and talk to them as they gamble and to tell them which machine they can hit off of so that if they receive a jackpot they will think of you and give you some of the money. So I really loved the job and enjoyed it.
Pros
meeting new people
It was all right
CASHIER CHEVRON (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 5, 2018
It was a very relaxed work environment, but the management didnt know what they were doing. It is constantly n a skeleton crew, and people call out very frequently. I just couldnt justify the gas expense anymore.
Great place to launch your career
Implementation Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 31, 2018
They are still in startup mode. Lots of regular adjustments and moving expectations. Which is expected in a startup situation.

But they work with you to be the best we can be together. You can’t be an island here. But they are still trying to figure out Their road map.

If you are looking for a place for comraderie, it’s the place to be. If you are looking for a place to make a difference, there is a spot for you. However, they are still in learning mode and looking to become their own brand.
Pros
Be part of the team.
Cons
What is a break?
fun atmosphere
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LANovember 13, 2018
Boomtown has both its pros and cons. Most people that work at Boomtown end up staying there and working there for years, some may even get promoted. Being that I'm still young and I was hired graveyard shift and I started to feel like I didn't have enough time to enjoy life off work.
Pros
tips
Cons
short breaks
Technical Support Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 20, 2018
This is a great place to get your feet wet in the technical support field. you will learn about many different technologies. You will learn how to problem solve fast. They will start you running from the beginning.
Great Place To Work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 15, 2017
Management has their head on straight. Development is going in the right direction. Refactoring and efficiency are encouraged. Top notch place to be a developer, even if the salary is a bit low.
The Best!!!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 8, 2017
This company is an amazing career driven company to work for. I recommend anyone that enjoys the kind of culture and environment that this company has
High risk, low reward
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 9, 2017
The summary says it best. The hours and pacing are what you would expect of a startup. You have to provide some of your own equipment [computers, for example] compensation package is week and the current schedule has most of Ops working 45+ hour weeks on salary. The main focus of the company is the app development, not the Ops team, and it shows.
Nice fun work place
Houseman (Former Employee) –  BossierFebruary 21, 2018
Boomtown was a great place to work they were all nice an always smiling an always was work. The people were all respectful they always meant you well an made sure you were comfortable.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
my review
Cocktail/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 1, 2017
Boomtown was ok place to work but some of the employee were c=very messy and some mangers didn't know there job duties. And there was a lot of favoritism. Didn't feel appreciate as a great worker instead I was lied on and my rights violated etc...
Pros
health benefits
Cons
smoking in casino low pay
A place that don't want to pay the hours you put in for them.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 6, 2017
If your person that really doesn't have any work coming in, than this might help a little. But be careful they are always skimming on the hours so they can pay you less. And if you use your own materials, don't expect to get what you paid for your own materials.
Pros
There support @ least knows what there doing.
Cons
Not a dependable company
Scullery worker
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAFebruary 2, 2018
I was a dishwasher through a temp service the job was ok it was a job i enjoyed my job i was working with folks from all walks of life. U did ur job wash dishes of all kinds
Great Culture, Great Company
Training Advisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 12, 2017
I have nothing negative to say about BoomTown. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time within the company. However, I have found that if I want to continue to grow in my career, I may need to look to grow elswhere.
n/a
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 30, 2017
This company is beyond excellent to work for. If your looking to excel in your career in the IT/ Business realm, then this is the company to work for.
Don't believe them
network installation technician (Former Employee) –  Washington StateApril 5, 2017
I was signed on to the for a year as a network technician. They kept calling me to repair printers. My first so call network job turned into putting a realtors furniture and taking her trash out. Second job wasn't much better. Don't get me started on the third one. They don't pay travel nor parking fee's. They expect you to negotiate them before you take the job.
They had a printer job in gigharbor but they shipped the parts to Portland for pickup and expected you to do the driving for free.
Pros
lots of printer jobs. but read the fine print first.
Cons
expect a lot of calls for printers. they don't tell you what they pay for up front.
slow
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCNovember 5, 2017
overall it was a very slow pace job and very constant. It was a very boring job. I cleaned the same things multiple times a day. If you want a job that is very minimal hours this is for you.
Pros
part time
Cons
not very many hours
Independent work atmosphere.
Point of Sale Installation Tech (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 9, 2017
Left to yourself to complete the job. If an issue does arise they have an unmatched support system to assist, usually within' minutes. I give this company a AAA rating.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Not enough work to pay in smaller populus areas
A great place to work with great coworkers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Verdi, NVJuly 17, 2016
I worked in the peets cafe where i i learned how to make different kind of coffees. Management is great and listen to your concerns. the hardest part of my job was time management , and the most enjoyable is coming up with new ideas for different drinks.
i loved this job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA 71101August 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working at this one because I loved to clean up there rooms and the people was nice to me and if you had any concerns about the rooms they will handle it and they will fix it for you and the rooms was so nice I mean I just really liked this one and the pay was cool they also made sure you was well taking care of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boomtown. Our community is ready to answer.