Boon-Chapman Employee Reviews

They want you to give 110% for close to nothing
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2018
They gossip & play favorites.
They demand EVERYTHING and more from you, but its been 2 years since anyone in the company got a raise.
I want to quit.
Pros
Casual dress, health focused
Cons
Poor management, terrible pay, too demanding, high stress, no reward
Okay if you need a quick job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2018
This was my first job when I moved to Austin. The management is poor, including the owner. They expect more and more work and do not care about their employees at all, or want to give you the pay for the work. Was happy to get out of there. I turned in a 2 week notice and was let go 1 week before because the dept lead felt threatened by me. She was close to 50, and wanted to dress like a 15yo skinny girl and show her belly at work and with clients. I know there were lots who left around the same time as me and after me.
Pros
vending machine has cheap milk, and apples/oranges/bananas, tea/coffee free in the breakroom. Also had a fitness instructor to come out 2x a week
Cons
Insurance could be better, HSA program, Poor Managment
Love this Job
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2017
its super fun to work here. the staff and management are super nice. its a very professional place. I enjoy working here. You can choose your own time to work .
Pros
choosing your own hours.
Cons
taxes
Great manager, awful training
Client Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 1, 2017
It was a year ago that I worked there, so perhaps it has improved. There was a lot of office politics -cliques so forth, and that seemed to be a priority for a lot of ladies working there. Training was awful -I didn't learn anything. It was all hands on learning for me. It would be nice if you had individual check in's every other week or so with your manager to see how you were adapting to the new position, but no. I really enjoyed working for my manager -she was a sweet heart, but the coworkers were extremely caddy. Great company -and I would work there again despite the culture.
Enjoyed the Experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed the experience atmosphere was very pleasant and calm. Staff was knowledgeable and willing to help when needed. very open and quick to move up.
Excellent company
Medical Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 30, 2017
Excellent company and organization to work for
The superiors were very interested in employees welfare and concerenced for the tools needed to perform daily job functions
Enjoyed the people and management
Dental Analyst/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2016
Boon Chapman was a great place to work, they cared about their people and showed it. Would have employee appreciation days, offered free food or snacks. Flexible working hours and lots of overtime if needed. Christmas bonuses
Pros
was about keeping your health, free fruit employee appreciation days
Cons
can't think of any
Amazing group of people to work with and for. Very appreciative of their employees and their hard work.
KSS Producer Maintenance Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2016
Love coming to work each day and learning something new or helping others learn.
I work for an amazing team and management is awesome. They work with you to help you find what position best suits you and focuses on your strong points and helps build your weak points to become strong points.
Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing each day you helped another individual become confident in our company and our products.
Pros
Flexible schedules and great benefits
Cons
Na
Great time to be with Boon-Chapman
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 12, 2016
I think it's a really good time to be at Boon-Chapman. The company is growing quickly and there are opportunities for advancement for those who work hard, show a willingness to take on new challenges and are team players. I think the company could look a lot different in 5 years given its current direction. There is a new emphasis on company culture, which makes work more fun, and a greater awareness about compensation, which is also important to all of us. Most importantly, the company has no ceiling for what you can accomplish, and you are able to make a real difference in the direction of the company, which is rare in corporate America. I think both of these things are pretty inspiring, and I can tell you right now I've gotten more diversified experience here than anywhere else. I highly recommend checking out Boon-Chapman or its sister company Soluta (software company) if you're looking for a new job in the Austin area.
Pros
Good vacation days, free personal trainer twice a week, opportunities for advancement based on your interests
Cons
Experience and resume aren't a foot in the door, have to prove yourself (a pro and a con, depending on what you're looking for)
Good place
Customer Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 27, 2015
Its was fun working here and different. I enjoyed my time here amd learned many things over there. It was my first desk job and it was good.
Bank Teller
Customer Service/ Accts (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 6, 2014
Processed customer accounts. Provided customer service to our clients.
Claims Dept
Boon-Chapman Third Party Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 6, 2014
High productivity required. HR Hired relatives and cronies of the directors and managers. Favoritism shown toward certain employees.
Pros
Company has been in business since 1960's
Cons
Pay
Great environment to work
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 2, 2013
That being said; the compensation was pretty sad and they were constantly letting people go due to not being competitive with their salaries. Upper management makes a lot of money and the company as a whole seems pretty stable, just sad that they choose to let people find better employment instead of keeping them around.
Pros
CEO is awesome
Cons
Compensation, bonuses and health care package stinks
Family environment.
Office/HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2013
Original owner was family oriented and offered perks including anniversary roses, Christmas bonuses and holiday parties, family values, integrity and honesty.
Pros
Priorities were God, family and work.
Cons
Company passed on to family member who did not have the same cultural values.
Great co-workers and flexible schedule.
Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2013
Work day to day process, while making sure our clients are satisfied on all levels.
Very fun place to work, team atmosphere
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2012
Was able to take continuing education courses, had team atmosphere and like each other.
Pros
fun, team work
Cons
they are not in little rock, ar.
Third party insurance company
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 26, 2012
Data entry of third party Insurance claims,
Dealing with medicade and medicare claims
I loved this job so much and the people
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 15, 2012
Boon Chapman is a very flexible place to work at especially with all the team member there. Everyone was so very nice to me and other co workers.
non informative and stressful workplace
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 31, 2011
This is a dead end job, no one know what he or she is doing. The parties was nice and the beer was even beer was even better for those who drank especially for the director of operations.

Training was poor and everyone plays the blame game. It was a very stressful environment to work. I do not wish bad thing on any question but he who looks over all knew best.