Boostability Employee Reviews

Social workplace with fun culture and relaxed work environment
Content Writer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 15, 2018
I've been working at Boostability for a year and I love the fun environment they create for their employees. I've always felt like my supervisors were invested in my future and not just my performance here at Boost. They give you a TON of opportunity to gain skills outside of your job description and allow you to move around and advance within the company so you can take complete advantage of all the opportunities available to you here.
Pros
Free soda, discounted food, frequent parties
Cons
A lot of sitting
Great Place
SEO Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 13, 2018
I loved my time working for Boostability. The Culture was great and the management was fantastic. I sincerely enjoyed my time there and was sad to go. The hardest part of the job was sitting at the desk for a long time. But the "required" team brakes to play games inside or outside helped balance that.
Pros
great culture, great brakeroom
Cons
sitting at a desk
Poor Management, unconcerned with employees
Blog (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTMarch 5, 2018
A decent place to start a career, but do not plan on staying any longer than necessary. Get experience and get out. The management does not care about their employees.
Pros
Decent starting place
Cons
Lack of compensation and no advancement
Evolving Company, Incredible Culture!
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 7, 2018
Coworkers and Management are awesome. My manager was great to me as well as I tried my best to make sure my team was taken care of. HR is one of the best I've seen with replies to emails within 30 minutes. Time off is average the first year but clicks up fairly quickly gaining 5 extra days off per year. The expectation is that you will do your job, look for ways to improve and learn and evolve while you are here. If your salary offer doesn't reflect that, ask for more. Some of the entry-level positions are repetitive but if your goal is to grow there is an opportunity, but you do have to prove you're a good fit for the advancements.
Pros
Free food, movies, company parties, great healthcare
Cons
None, work hard (not long) and you'll be great
Company was okay
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTJanuary 28, 2018
Company culture was good but management did not run very well. Laid me off due to cutbacks but a month later I saw my job posted trying to get a smaller salary from someone
Fun place to work
Article Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 25, 2018
I enjoyed working at Boostability. It has a great culture and I feel like it was easy to advance in the company. However, I do think that most of the positions are entry level. What I mean is that Boostability is a great place to start a career, but might not be the place to stay long term.
Pros
breaks and training
Ineffective
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Utah County, UTJanuary 11, 2018
While Boostability started out as a great business with a lot of potential it has since become a cautionary tale in the SEO industry. Other SEO companies do not view former Boostability employees as competent or capable of doing quality work. Leadership puts very little credence towards the ideas of non-leadership employees. Horrible communication. Leadership mistrusts employees. Have gone through at least 4 rounds of layoffs in the past year.
Desk job. Definitely not for me.
SEO Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 3, 2018
I was laid off here as a new hire and although the management was cool, I felt it a very depressing job. Loved how they encourage teamwork, but it is limited as an SEO specialist.
Great atmosphere. Great employees and amazing management.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTNovember 19, 2017
They are an amazing company with wonderful perks. The atmosphere is conducive for everyone of the employees to work hard at their job, as well as enjoy their time at their place of employment. There is plenty of room for advancement in the company. On going education and fun spiffs.
Pros
Cons
A lot of work.
Great place to start your career
Partner Manager (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTNovember 6, 2017
If you are looking for a job right out of college, this is the place. You have opportunities to advance, to a certain degree, and the ability to change positions from one department to another is fairly easy.

On the downside, you often have to work against very traditional thinking in employee compensation and workplace mentality. The traditional thought being that as long as the break room has a pool table and you get a company t-shirt every once and a while, you don't need competitive pay and benefits. This is how it fits well with young professionals, but those who need more are best suited elsewhere.
Great Place to Work! Great Management!
Gust Blog Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 12, 2017
I loved working there! It was fun and light-hearted. It was also easy to move up and the management is great! You really want to work hard out of respect for the people around you.
Pros
Lunches, Games, Bonuses (for certain positions)
Excellent Company!
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 3, 2017
Management was great! Just not as much room to grow in my current department. The company is fun providing a relaxed environment with great staff. Lots of perks to working here.
Fun workplace
Article Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 16, 2017
The job itself is very monotonous but the company does a good job to offset it with team breaks and games. The environment of the company is very fun and friendly.
Pros
Free pay period lunch if you meet your goals
Cons
Very monotonous
Fun, Chill, Flexible
SEO Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 27, 2017
I love my job at Boostability because they are really quite flexible with scheduling. I love that I can pick my own schedule - this job is perfect for people still in college who need flexibility. Work culture is fun - there are always contests, competitions, and activities that have to do with holidays or certain events going on. They try to really make it fun to come to work.
Management is good, they really do care and try to show that they care. When they say they care, I know they mean it.
I learn a lot at my job simply because of the nature of the work. I love when they do trainings, though I wish they would do more like they used to.
Pros
Free food often, flexible work schedule, everyone is friendly, food truck Fridays, quarterly raises and bonuses
Cons
Not very much time off for PT (No long vacations permitted)
Pretty uptight, but good people.
SEO Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTMay 17, 2017
Due to the highly religious nature of employees hired, it;s best to maintain the utmost level of professionalism around both management and coworkers. Job is well balanced though, and you are well compensated for a good job.
Fun Culture
ON-SITE COPYWRITER (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 18, 2017
Typical work days are pretty basic, but there are a lot of different kinds of work you can do to help other companies succeed online. The culture is fairly fun and nerdy, and there are always lots of fun activities and service opportunities (monthly birthday parties, summer festivals, Earth Day cleanup, etc.).
Pros
free lunch every pay period, opportunities to earn small rewards like gift cards
Great place to meet new people.
Jr. Web (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTFebruary 23, 2017
I loved the work that I did and I loved learning new things on the job, but when management got changed up the expectations were not clear and the workload increased without much further compensation. The atmosphere is great, it's always nice to have free coffee and soda. It was also nice to take a break from work to play ping pong. The hardest part of working there was getting accustomed to all of the adjustments, it was going through some growing pains while I was working there and it was very evident in almost every aspect of the company. I enjoyed meeting all of the great colleagues I have gotten to know through that job the most.
Pros
Free lunches and Ping Pong
Cons
Excessively frequent meetings, not a lot of clear expectations
Productive and fun workplace with basketball hoops.
Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 5, 2017
I would come in early and get on the compute assigned to me. I would then make 100 or so quality comments on various websites during my 6 hour shift. We would take a break in the middle of the shift to play a game of basketball. The hardest part was there unreasonable expectations. They expected us to do a lot more than what was physically possible.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
High Expectations.
Mixed Bag
Account Management Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTNovember 30, 2016
Boostability is a mixed bag. Management seems more invested in being the "cool" place to work than they are in developing their employees into proficient digital marketing operatives.
Pros
Free soda, relaxed culture
Cons
Poor benefits and aloof management
I enjoy it so far
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTAugust 28, 2016
It work with a number of high profile clients which makes the job challenging - I like challenging. One thing I don't like, however, is that the company is down sizing so we wont even have a Christmas party this year.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
no holiday party

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boostability. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

3.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight