Boot Barn

Boot Barn Employee Reviews

United States632 reviews
Boot Barn was a very fun work environment, Boot Barn was we’re I was most comfortable since that was more my style of a store. I loved the customers and just being able to be myself at work was very nice.
Pros
Nice coworkers, Employee discount, loving the appeal.
Cons
The old manager when I was working there was not the best and was the ultimate reason to why I quit.
There was a major reorganization. Within a short time all store managers and the district manager were replaced. This was with the hiring of a new COO. The western industry was down and nothing was driving it, ie popular show or movie. New COO was brought in on a short clock to bring up sales. So if sale results are not fast enough how do you extend your time. Bring in a new management staff and then you need time to train them.
I would not recommend boot barn to anyone as a place of employment. The management let me go for harassment of another employee. Filed for unemploymen. Boot barn disputed my unemployment. I won my case because edd filed in my favor. I did nothing wrong. Bad experience working at boot barn.
Pros
Cons
Bad management. Age discrimation.
Used to love this place and than they got a new store manager and it’s terrible now. Definately don’t go here unless you want to be taken advantage of and used. Also you will only get like 5 hours a week unless it’s close to holidays.
Pros
Easy, discount is great, fun place to work
Cons
Terrible store manager, no hours, and favoritism
Honestly.. I do not recommend working here. For many reasons. Manager is rude and always in her office. Everyone quits... Constant drama it’s like high school! Assistant manager is new and slow, doesn’t know what she’s doing. Key holds are too young and it’s too big of a responsibility for them. They do not take it serious. Lots of bad mouthing from coworkers. The hours suck as well.
Summers were busy. The holidays got the most foot traffic. Current management works really well with your schedule. They need to take better care of there teams and who works for them.
Cons
Short breaks
I didn’t learn anything when I was “trained” they basically threw you into it hoping that the other employees would help you as you went. It’s hard to get time off even for important things like doctors appointments, etc. Most of your coworkers were great people although there was a ton of turnover, almost as of people couldn’t stand to work there.
Pros
Coworkers, holiday spirit, employee discount
Cons
Management, expecting the world for minimum wage, employee treatment
The team I worked with at the time was awesome and so welcoming! And very helpful when it came to training. It's fun and theirs a lot to do in the store. If you got time lean, you got time to clean.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Some mean customers.
I enjoyed working with this company and would go back for sure. The benefits they offer are great and the company is fair. I really loved my store manager and my district manager.
Pros
benefits, easy work, good hours, paid time off
Cons
n/a
The best specialty store that take care of their people first. Do your job well and you will be recognized. For the company being soo small, they have easy tools and resources to get your job done. Only downsize would be the registers needs an upgrade but still user friendly. The company does sell products at a great price too!
Pros
People and fun work atmosphere with workers and customers
Cons
Okay Benefits and kinda pricey.
Unfortunately seeing my coworkers tore down every day was too much for me. Frequently told you're doing everything wrong but you can only do what your taught. Manager trash talks all the employees behind their backs. It was just a mess.
Pros
Some great employees. Wonderful customers.
Cons
Management is hateful.
constantly striving to reach higher sales goals for the team and the company, growth from within, teamwork, accountability and fellowship are huge with our team.
Pros
growth from within
Cons
salary
I really enjoyed the people I worked for and with . Excellent company to work for. If it weren't for Covid 19 I would still be there. The management is always doing their best to promote and encourage the employees . Generous pay also .
Organized all the boots daily by color,toe style and other various ways also did all the boot counts put on meeting with those in my department Shifly giving out there Dailey goals and task
the thing I liked the most about working there was the fact that the company would purchase lunch for the entire staff and I would feel a sense of companionship amongst the employees.
Pros
good pay and great work environment
Cons
when it was slow, and we would all be standing around waiting for supervisors to gives us orders to pull.
They have the rudest people that work there and no manner. The manger was inFessional and they was very rude with everyone and didn’t have my back she had everyone else.
The culture at Boot Barn is everything you want it to be. However, if you are someone who does not like to 'lean in' at the table you won't excel here. You've got to put work in to get something back (as it should be).
Pros
Sample Sales
Customers have complained on managers for having alterations with and are still at the store. This company doesn’t appreciate what people they do have that don’t steal or do anything. Except we get punished for others for stealing. I have never stole ever before and they treat us like someone in prison. But guess what they don’t even punish the girl they stole they punish us workers. I’m so done with this mess once I can get out. I have loved boots and western but I’m lol find me another store once I quit to shop at. Assistant managers messing around with workers and customers know it and nothing gets done about it. Dm knows about it to. Do you honestly think I would put which store I work for. Look up complaints and find out lol
Pros
Spiffs is only thing probably
Cons
To much to list
Easy to work with and very accommodating to you and your life. They have amazing teamwork and always makes sure that the customers and employees are taken care of.
The company makes empty promises concerning hours. Up to 25 for sales associate. They get 3-5 per week if lucky. Company is now looking for more sales associate and haven't called the ones they have back to work. ICS and managers are treated good but NOT sales associate.
It is very educational. You are very personal with your guests. It is a very happy work environment and you are always treated like family. It is a very good place to work.