Boots Retail USA Inc Employee Reviews

Productive and fun environment.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 24, 2017
Selling beauty products to customers in store was the most fun ever. Unfortunetely, no room for upword mobility. Hardest part was keeping multiple managers happy. Yes, we had more than one.
Boots Retail USA
Brand Ambassador/Promotional Model (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2017
Boots founded on the mid 19th century. Started as a Pharmacy. They now have 6 different beauty brands. Love working with people and making the client happy.
Pros
gratis
Cons
drive time
Not a good company anymore
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 10, 2017
Not a good company anymore. They were bought out by a new company who doesn't care a bit for their long time employees.Be careful they lie and will not stand behind you.This is an awful place to work now,
Pros
Cons
management is awful
Great
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 6, 2017
Olace to work at gratis benefits and great people to work with. People who work here must love working in interpersonal a relationship with customers because
Boots
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 19, 2017
Overall Boots was an great experience and a nice company to work for. The culture however was the only thing that was a con for me becuase you're working in store by yourself and you have to go up to
Target customers and intrdoce them to Boots' products and I wasn't 100% comfortable doing that all the time.
Pros
Very flexible hours, management team is super nice and always there to help
Cons
No other employees with you, you have to make up your daily tasks for every shift
Excellent Company
Retail District Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2016
Excellent company to work for! "Let's feel good" is their statement and it is about making our guests feel great about their beauty purchases.
Pros
Great product, Great work life balance
Its easy
Brand Ambassador/ Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2016
Its an easy job, set schedule, just sell products. In the end the title if beauty advisor will be dissolved so we are pretty much out of job until we find a new one.
what most jobs should aspire to be...
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2016
My time with Boots has been exceptional! With the merger of Walgreens and the dissolving of my position with Duane Reade, I'm sad to be in the position to have to look for work elsewhere.

The respect from my boss, and the attention paid to a work/life balance made this job my favorite in my NYC career. My only regret is that I didn't acknowledge my own wealth as an employee when choosing my starting wage.

During the two years I've been with Boots, I've learned a lot about myself and grown as a 'business owner' and Beauty Ambassador for, in my honest opinion, the best skin care line on the market today.

I've used all of my past experience (which is considerable), as well as pulled from my extensive beauty background and cosmetological experience.

Other companies should aspire to have a company like Boots and employees like me!
Pros
Contests to keep us on our game
Cons
Derision from non-Boots employees
best job ever
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2016
best company to work for. management cares. intensive training. great benefits. great pay plus commission. alot of gratis.
Very rapidly growing company for creative and dedicated people.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 21, 2016
It was very sad for me to part with the company as it was relocating to New York City. The company is filled with very energetic people, full of potential and innovative.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Located in NYC.
Great Entry Level Job
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2016
If you are new to the beauty field, this is a great position to get your feet wet. It can be a bit challenging meeting sales goals, your working inside Walgreens/ Duane Reade stores or Target so its not a department store environment. That can be a double edge sword because you can sometimes have to deal with crazy pharmacy patients and assisting store personnel with things that are really out of scope of your job, but you are usually the first point of contact when customers come in store. You aren't managed directly by the in store manager, your responsibilities come from the DM of Boots and sometimes there is miscommunication between the two.
On the other side, its great making relationships with customers and building repeat business. Its a combination of sales and MUA/skincare specialist.
Pros
Work independently, great starting pay
Cons
No advancement, small raises, unorganized
No oppertunity for advancement
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2015
Generally a pretty decent company to work for. Only down side is that they only offer part time work and don't offer any opportunity for advancement.
Pros
can work independently, provide extensive training
Cons
only offer part time, only 40 cent raise after one year, no opportunity for growth, very little gratis, maybe 4-5 items a year, no recognition
Was a great company to work for until the Walgreens/Boots Merger
Beauty Brand Ambassador /location manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2015
The Boots Retail Usa company itself is a very nice company! they are a very progressive and modern company. The brand Ambassador position is great in that you are in essence managing yourself at your location without being micromanaged. The company has since merged with Walgreens and unfortunately adopted many of their practices and policies and that's what led me to leave the company. It's a great job as they pay better than most and the hours are usually very good! Don't expect a promotion, many have worked for the company 2 years plus and have never been promoted. If you're looking to gain beauty industry experience and want a decent paying job Boots is for you
Pros
Decent Schedule, Good Pay/Benefits, Independent working
Cons
No Promotions, sometimes very unreasonable sales goals
Boots USA
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 22, 2015
Fun Trainings
Easy to follow up
Nice Staff

Working for this company you get to have different choices for locations because they are inside of Duan Reades and Walgreens all over the city. Guaranteed hours. In this position of Beauty advisor your job is to do make overs and sell the product.
Pros
You get to work i a store and connect with you're manager via phone
Cons
We are located inside dian reads and Walgreens
Beauty Advisor for Boots Retail USA in Target
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 17, 2015
Boots Retail USA is based out of Norwalk, CT. Boots is the largest pharmaceuticals/ cosmetic company in the United Kingdom. Boots produces an effective high end beauty product that sells at a Target price point. The mission of the Beauty Advisor was to familiarize the American buyer with the Boots product line hence stimulating a purchase. Make -up applications enhanced the probability of a multiple product purchase. Beauty Advisor would interface heavily with Target store management. Corporate provided ongoing training and steady paychecks.
Pros
Customer's satisfaction with product and annuity purchases.
Cons
Unrealistic sales goals
I love my job
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2014
Everyday I have the opportunity to make men and women feel younger, beautiful, and renewed. It is very fulfilling working for a company that is the leading beauty retailer in the UK, and made their way over the pond, to bring quality skincare and cosmetics to the US. I love supporting brands that need that extra boost here in the United States, but it certainly helps when the company comes packed with a punch; great products that everyone comes into our outlets wanting to know more about. A secret weapon! I love working with my team, women of all ages, developing their skills, and having the input to make a difference in their experience at Boots Retail USA, and be the troubleshooter, creative enthusiast, sales and product coach that I am! Even on days when the weather might get me down, or when I feel like I need a big hug, as soon as I get to work, "lights ON," the show begins, and I've already forgotten about stepping in a few puddles on my way in. Boots Retail USA has been one of my most favorite companies to work for.
Productive day
commission hair stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2014
The job was good and co-works were great to get along with. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.
Senior Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Boots is a very good company to work for. If you are entry level, you will learn the fundamentals of good customer service and you may increase your education in basic Cosmetic and Skin Care knowledge.
Do not plan on potential advancements and furthering your career to advanced positions because they are far and few between and may depend on what district and part of the country you are working in.
All In all, if you're looking to get started in the Beauty Industry, this is a great place to get started.
If you are more advanced, you may want to look to companies that will match your experience and knowledge.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 4, 2013
I have been a temp at the company for months now. It is a great company to work for. They all work as a team. I was able to be creative while working here.
Was Amazing
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 7, 2013
It was a great company then the polices changed. You work in a Target store and help with beauty products, loved helping people find what they needed but got to the point where it was not about the customer but more about the money.
Pros
nice bonuses
Cons
heathcare