Booz Allen Hamilton Employee Reviews

Found 1,640 reviews matching the search See all 1,667 reviews
PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 15, 2018
Enjoyed my stint at Booz Allen. Good work life balance. Driven towards delivering results for clients. Good benefits. Very good team culture.
Overall Good.
Great Co-Workers and Interesting Work
Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHAugust 14, 2018
Ideal environment for self starters and folks who take initiative. In my office there are many opportunities to learn new technologies and skills. The level of support from co-workers is awesome. Senior leadership is focused on new business development and are often inaccessible.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Hotel seating, Open Office Environment
Had a great experience
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 14, 2018
My experience was on a long project. It can be referred to as staff augmentation. I could speak more to the client than Booz Allen Hamilton, but my experience was great (particularly on work/life balance).
Productive and fun work place
Management Consulting (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 14, 2018
Great learning and professional development experience. I was fortunate to have great managers and that made a lot of difference for me with project opportunities.
great company
Consulting staff (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 14, 2018
solid company, great leadership, good people, dedicated teams and the ability to learn from a myriad of programs and teams which provides employees a great opportunity for growth
Pros
work life balance is a plus
Booz Allen
Human Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Baden-WürttembergAugust 13, 2018
A company that treats its employees for what they are, subject matter experts in their field. Working for BAH you will find the sky is the limit, they encourage you to strive for more responsibilities.
Great if you ultimately want to be your own boss
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 12, 2018
Booz Allen stresses from the start that you are a consultant. They want you to evolve into your own independent unit that can both do work on the ground for an existing contract and be the sort of person who looks for ways to bring in new business for the company. This works well for some people and I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.

Unfortunately, they tend to stress the "bring in new work" side more than the "fulfill existing obligations" part of things. They want everyone to put in hours here and there on things like proposal work or hiring events in addition to the 40 hours a week that you are expected to work on direct billable contract work (you know, work we already signed up for). Also, the process for annual salary increases is the most painful I've ever seen.
Pros
definitely opportunities for advancement if you can see them and take them
Cons
"highly encouraged" overtime, management doesn't often factor in your interests
Great place to hone new skills
Sustainability Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 9, 2018
Flexibility was a plus. Work-life "balance" is more of an integrations. Employee experience highly depends on the team, manager and location. As a large, international company, people's experience varied widely based on their manager's style.
Great place to work for a short period of time
Associate, Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 8, 2018
Great place to work for a short period of time. Not a place you want to spend your career. Firm has changed a lot over the years. Not the same firm it used to be be years ago.
If your a veteran- this is the place for you
Business Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 8, 2018
If you are a veteran, Booz Allen Hamilton is a good place for you. YOu will be able to leverage your knowledge, skills and network well. They low ball on salary.

Want to know more about Booz Allen Hamilton?

Ask a question
Job satisfaction based on goals and organization
Enterprise Architect (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 5, 2018
Management support changed over time and varied between organizations. The workplace culture now focuses on billable on-site work to increase profit and reducing overhead.
Booze
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 2, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working here. This is a good company. has its pros and cons.

Culture varies within certain departments. My team was great, however with poor management made it stressful a times.
Excellent company
Organizational Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 1, 2018
Very focused on people development and are straight about what it takes to advance. lots of opportunities to join other teams and try new things. Great people - very professional!
Pros
Variety of functional areas and clients
Cons
Highly demanding pace
its been a long time
Senior Consultant/Management (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 31, 2018
Its been a long time since i worked there. however i do know i miss my boss from there. he was fair and as long as you tried you were treated very well.
Excellent place to work
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 30, 2018
Highly recommend everyone spends some time at Booz. The learning experience alone sets you up for success. The workload can be stressful and days long. The company takes pride in its culture and promotes learning and development.
Company Dynamics
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 30, 2018
Ensuring teamwork is actually happening throughout the company is a challenge due to the numerous locations and branches. I was happy with my job per say, but was unhappy with management generally speaking.
Bah
Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Presidio of Monterey, CAJuly 30, 2018
Great managers who allow you to blossom as an individuals and do everything they can to help you advance within the realm, or have points of contacts who can help you outside.
Great Work Life Balance
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 30, 2018
Booz Allen lets you create your own work life balance. Great for adults with kids and a busy life style. Heavily focused on federal clients... not a lot of room to grow in the commercial aspect.
A very client-focused environment
Consultant/Trainer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 28, 2018
I'm fortunate to be working for & with a lot of very good people. If that were not the case, then I would probably be looking for other opportunities.

Meeting / exceeding client expectations is always at the top of every to-do list. It's not perfect, but nothing is, so I choose not to dwell on any minor imperfections in the system.
Benefits
Cons
Have to work many sub-contractors
Great place to work but Not doing job hired for
Data scientist (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 28, 2018
This is a great place to work with lots of opportunities. However, I was hired for a role but only a couple months out of a year have I actually done work in that role. Compensation is low for extent and the amount of work performed in and out of my hired role.
Pros
Great environment to work
Cons
Low salary for experience level

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booz Allen Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

44%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

49%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss