Booz Allen Hamilton Employee Reviews

Found 1,805 reviews matching the search See all 1,844 reviews
Nice company where I learned a good amount. Good place to start.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 24, 2019
There are many good opportunities, but the company does not pay employees enough, which makes them feel like they work for a meet market. This cause Booz to lose many employees.
Worst Project
consultant (Former Employee) –  OverseasMarch 22, 2019
Worked for two years on a project overseas, it was the worst experience. Management lacked competency; favoritism was key for advancement. Promotion based on whom do you know, travel expenses were funded by the corporation but project management did not allow traveling except once every six months, although corporate was generous in providing funds for at least three trips a year.
Good job overall, but contractors work at whim of government customer
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 22, 2019
Most days at work were spent at a computer. What I learned is that I prefer jobs that require that I spend some time away from the computer (not in meetings).

Workplace culture changed after the company went public. Slow attrition of benefits, longer waits on phone with entities such as help desk.
Pros
Learned a great deal about system development, and how systems are created prior to being fielded to the fleet
Cons
Requires suit and tie, even when working in government facilities with little or no air conditioning
Internship was great
Data Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 21, 2019
Was able to learn new skills and create real solutions. It was really nice to create real solutions in an internship rather than something that gets thrown away.
N/a
(Messaging Manager) Support CTOC/NSA Fort Meade (Former Employee) –  NSA Fort MeadeMarch 21, 2019
Worked 12 hours shift, the shifts were sometime complcated adn longer than 12 hrs. the government management was not good and did not have respect for the contractors.
Great Place to Start One's Carrier
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2019
Booz Allen has a unique culture that cultivates learning. There are lots of opportunities for career growth and the lessons I learned as a Booz Allen employee has been invaluable. My only critique would be the management structure that limits upward mobility.
Pros
Career Growth
Cons
Management Structure
ISR INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 18, 2019
Many pros, few cons makes working here enjoyable and rewarding. Management has always been fair and forthcoming with information. You feel like a valued member of a team.
Great colleagues, poor management
Associate, Strategic Innovation Group (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 17, 2019
I was very impressed with my colleagues at Booz Allen - intelligent, hard working, good ethics. But management kept changing their vision, and I kept getting whipsawed. Ultimately they had very little interest in creating a secure environment. I found that trying to find a job internally was no less stressful nor easier than finding a job anywhere, so I opted to go independent where I spent much less time on internal business, reviews, etc. and the slight decrease in job security was more than made up for with greater compensation and control over my future.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Total lack of job security
Horrible culture
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 16, 2019
The company strives to provide staff augmentation doing lackluster work for crummy US Government clients. By the way, fairness is no longer a core value at Booz Allen Hamilton.
Pros
Cons
Total work/life imbalance
excellent place to work
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ar RiyāḍMarch 16, 2019
at the time I worked there, the team was too small and the workload was intolerable. the work life balance was not acceptable. the team was great and very high caliber
Stong Company with Solid Corporate Culture
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 15, 2019
Extremely knowledgeable and growth driven organization who have high expectations of it's employees. Expect to work in different areas and to learn and grow in experiences.
Pros
Innovative thinking
Cons
Need to be sensative to ambitions of management
Location of client site is the attraction
Technology Transition Lead (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 14, 2019
Working in central MD is what is most appealing for this position. The management and structure of client support is not at its best. There is room for improvement.
Pros
Cons
No cafe
Great company to work for!
SUMMER GAMES INTERN (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 13, 2019
My internship helped me learn many subjects I did not expect. I feel my time spent there was valuable, my coworkers and leaders were helpful and kind, and I would recommend my friends to work for Booz Allen.
Good company, plenty of advancement opportunities
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 12, 2019
The company itself is a great one to work for. They provide good benefits and discounts that I appreciate. For me, I enjoyed the flexible work hours, discounts, and ability to work from home occasionally.
Overall a great place to work
Watch Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXMarch 12, 2019
- Work Life balance was quite acceptable.
- Very competitive and self motivation is a must for the position.
- Time constraints with projects could be hectic but teamwork was a must.
Cons
N/a
Outstanding company for transitioning service members
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDMarch 11, 2019
Military experience is highly valued and called upon. The firm and its leaders are very supportive and will go to bat for you with the client and will work through issues with you to ensure that you can achieve success and find satisfaction in your post military career.
Pros
Support to transitioning service members
Cons
long delays in obtaining Security Clearances from the government client.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 11, 2019
Reviewed Principal emails and brought action items to Principal's attention. Maintained calendars and scheduled appointments and meetings. Answered phones and addressed inquiries, as appropriate. Arranged travel and completed expense reports. Onboarding coordinator for new hires. I mentored junior administrative professionals on firm procedures, policies and off-sites. Ordered and distributed all computer equipment. Actively participated in proposals by securing proposal rooms, scheduled color team reviews, ordered catering for the proposal teams and tracked budgets for proposals by working with contracts and utilizing PCR tools and TOL for labor hours (i.e. FEMA NCP). Reconciled, on a monthly basis, charges incurred on the firm's P-card. As the Team's off-site meeting organizer and coordinator planned all team off-sites.
Booz Allen Experience
F-35 Global Support Solution (GSS) Design Lead (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 7, 2019
I'm very happy with my work experience at Booz Allen. The firm continues to treat me well, provides adequate opportunities for advancement and cares about work/life balance.
Project Dependant
Senior Consultant/Case Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 6, 2019
I enjoyed the company culture. As with other companies the project and management team really shaped your expeirence. Different contracts offered different areas for growth and experience.
Bad accommodations for disabilities
Cyber Security Consultant, Texas (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 5, 2019
You will travel a lot. You will be expected to adapt to different time zones. They focus a lot on small mistakes and don't care as much whether you're good at your job or not, they just want a bunch of drones who will take orders and complete tasks. They don't care much about you as a human being.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booz Allen Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

44%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

69%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss