Booz Allen Hamilton
73Above average

Booz Allen Hamilton Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA758 reviews
Competitive workplace
Booz Allen Hamilton has a competitive workplace culture, success is directly dependent on your assigned team and their network

However, external relationships provide an opportunity to expand your network
Pros
Brand name company
Cons
Growth opportunities
some very smart people, pay isn't all that great, but you can learn new skills
nice culture, challenging tasks if you're on a leading edge project otherwise it could be a typical day at work. great place to pick up new skills if you're on the right projects. pay isn't the greatest, but it's not stressful either at times.
Awesome
Wonderful place to work for so far, I've been here a little over a year. During COVID they mandated that no employee would be laid off until at least July 1st 2020(this was placed in March if I remember right).
Flexible Work Environment. Innovative, Smart Teams.
I enjoy working for a company that values it's people. The flexible work environment has been great with work/life balance and the other employee benefits are helpful.
Great Company
Great Organization and excellent culture.
You need to find your own project which can be stressful.

Consultancy firm, need to be prepared to drive your own career.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Currently love working for Booz Allen Hamilton
Booz Allen Hamilton has be an outstanding environment to work in. The firm has supported me in any direction I've wanted to go career wise, and I don't think I could find a more positive, helpful, & supportive group of coworkers.
Great company
Great company with a great mission, great clients, and great employees. Diverse and inclusive; the sky is the absolute limit for anyone who chooses to join the firm, do great client-facing work, and put in the work to develop themselves to take-on leadership and management responsibilities.
Room for growth and advancement
The company encourages advancement and there are plenty of opportunities to grow within the firm. The culture at BAH is strong and the rate of those who have left come back quite often.
great place to work
i have learned different technical skills from the training given by the company , flexible working hours and locations , grate company culture and they treat people as assets rather than cost.
Very productive employer to work for
BAH is a very fun place to work for. They are very respectful and ethical. They care a lot about they're employees and they're clients as well. Are always looking to help they're employees to meet goals.
Toxic culture
The firm has an overall toxic and demeaning culture. Employees are worked into the ground and turnover is extremely high. Management only pays lip service to company core values. Many leaders are solely concerned with “managing up” via brown-nosing and manipulation, rather than supporting, empowering or developing their teams.
Have a “Get Out” strategy
I experienced a “company first, client second” mentality that lead to conflicts of interest and unethical consultant-client relationships that ultimately made my workplace toxic when I spoke up. It was a high stress environment with little work-life balance. Management was often untrained on how to mentor and support entry-level staff green from college, such as myself. I did learn how to be pessimistic though, from my time working there.
n/a
A typical day depends on whether or not you have a clearance and contract. Most contracts needs clearances at booz allen but it is a great company to work for!
Pros
na
Cons
na
Booz Allen Hamilton
Booz Allen Hamilton works with numerous government agencies. Not many opportunities for commercial work, you have to want to work at government offices.
Great company to work for
Great starter company to gain experience and grow. Booz Allen Hamilton continues to challenge their employees to be the best professionals and leaders possible.
Pros
Great benefits
Client relationship can be very rewarding
Customers are great. Being client-side if wonderful. Your work is highly valued and you can make a lot of difference if you work for it. Working remote can be isolating and frustrating.
Cutthroat
Basically requires people to function as robots. Very tense working environment, almost toxic. Not a good place for people who like to smile every once in a blue moon. Management has no clue what their people do and offers no clear training or guidance.
work life balance
Booz Allen is a great place to work and work life balance is very important. Diversity, career mobility, entrepreneurship are also important keys to success.
Professional
This company is wonderful to work for. There is ample room for advancement, and the work is meaningful and important. The compensation is also extremely competitive, and among the best in the field.
Great Place To Work
Company provides numerous resources to its employees. Education benefits are easy to find and access. Booz Allen facilitates courses to obtain certifications or at the very least helps pay for outside courses. My team is filled with experienced and skilled individuals whom I have learned a lot from. Definitely a place where I can see myself for awhile.
Treats Employees well
Very nice employees, very accommodating and courteous. Sometimes there is little to no communication from supervisor. Lots of learning potential, and treat permanent employees very well, can be very long and often never become permanent.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booz Allen Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight