Booz Allen Hamilton

Booz Allen Hamilton Employee Reviews

United States2,301 reviews

Found 2,301 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,357 reviews
allenbahhamiltonfirmconsultgovernmentcontractclient

Great firm with wonderful colleagues

Featured review

Booz Allen Hamilton selected this as a representative review
Booz Allen is a fantastic firm that pays well and treats all team members with respect. Like all management and technology consulting firms, contracts come and go, so turnover is fairly common. Fortunately, Booz Allen has a solid program in place to help those "at the beach" find new positions.

Good pay, benefits, and co-workers, but ultimately you're a billing machine

Booz Allen is a well-respected government contractor that attracts highly professional people who are good to work with. The pay and benefits are stellar, and most of the time management does seem to care about its employees as people. When push comes to shove, however, it becomes clear that working your billable hours is what matters most, even when there are lulls in work to do. Clients can be difficult to work with as well, often treating consultants like second-class citizens whose advice can be ignored.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, professional co-workers, company-paid training, managers who care

Cons

Billable hours count more than all else, busy work assigned between contracts, difficult clients

Booz Allen Hamilton insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility

Great Company, Great PM, Great Team

On the government side. I'm paid well over average for my role. Great Compensation. Great benefits. Laid back team as long as you provide quality work.

Pros

Laid back

Cons

Not sure about room for growth

Great place to work!

Great place to work! Great people, management and company culture. No politics and, therefore, no stress. Projects are interesting and important but a lot of work and pressure to deliver in short time frame.

Great experience, strong ethics, client-facing roles can be terrible

In a client-facing role you can become the whipping post and get blamed for all the problems of the client. The firm employs top notch professionals, you will be surrounded by the best of the best.

Good first place to start if you're entering the govt' contracting arena

Good work environment depending on the contract you support. If you're lucky enough to land a good contract with a great team you'll be able to enjoy working with the firm.

Not as good as they market themselves to be.

My worst job to date. Managers that set dates but don't tell the worker. Out dated process documents or no process document for a core requirement of the Job. Original job posting did not say anything about monthly travel. I found out during the interview. Client was known to create a hostile working environment and management let it go.

BAH is the best company I've ever worked for

They will over-pay you and provide additional benefits compared to every other company I've ever worked for. I don't know what else to add. If you have an option between BAH and someone else, take BAH.

Good feeling

This is a pretty good place to be if you can get in on the ground floor with them than you should be good stay out of drama keep your head down and in the words of tony soprano “so keep your eyes open and your mouth shut!!!

Great company

I enjoy working here. Great people to work with, easy to get along with. Team based company, with awesome projects. I would recommend to a friend. Solid career growth opportunities.

Excellent consulting company

Provided various opportunities and training opportunities. The company has an excellent reputation and supported individual growth. I supported the company for 22 years.

Staff Hiring

Client mission comes first without the micromanagement of leadership. Staff gets hired to do what they do best. When conflicts arise, leadership seeks the recommendations of the on-site staff.

Good job I guess

produced the first ice pieces in about 8 minutes. I found the small size pieces melt too quickly, so I prefer the "large" size. The instruction booklet is brief, but written in fairly good English. There was not much..

Not the place to be especially in a remote environment and expensive economy

Unfortunately, really not a great company to join in the middle of a pandemic. Entirely remote with little to no company culture, you'll spend a lot of time not doing anything/meeting anyone, alone in your home. I have tried to plan get-togethers with people at the offices now many times, but inevitably people end up pulling out. There's no incentive for community or culture.It seems like the only culture is there from pre-pandemic, so it feels like a boys club with all the folks who have been there for 5+ years. So good luck if you're new and especially good luck to new grad hires. There's no push for advancement, project placement, etc. The benefits and pay are also far below industry standard and with the work being monotonous, long hours, with limited appreciation or compensation there's not really a reason to stay when compared to competitors close by.The medical benefits are extremely poor, especially for one person, and if you want to get advanced certifications comped, be ready to upfront that cost yourself to get it reimbursed AND fork over the next year and a half at the company, or else you're required to pay it all back. My principal once sent me a single pack of STICKY NOTES as a "gift". This company is extremely stingy so if you plan to afford to live in the DMV, I'd say BAH isn't for you.As I joined during 2021, my raise in December was .75%. You read that right. The managers also tried to make it sound like a GOOD thing... have they heard about inflation? From what I heard, BAH used to get by being able to compensate less because it was such a great environment, -

Pros

Career Managers

Cons

Healthcare, Culture, Compensation

Great company to work for, but clients can be difficult

While you support a wonderful organization, your clients/customers are different from your Booz Allen management. However, any customer issues when communicated with management are easily overcome.

Good people with pretty good benefits

I've worked here for five years now and I've really enjoyed it, though I'm leaving because they hired someone I don't jive with. It's too bad. The people that I've encountered otherwise have all been really awesome; my teams and contract leads have been fantastic, and the Albuquerque Lead is really amazing. The benefits for the company are cool, too, and the overall company is great. I hate to have to leave but this one person is making it impossible to work here. I like how Booz Allen doesn't drop you if the contract you're working on ends, I think that's really amazing. They'll place you on another contract somewhere else if you want to stay in the company. This really is a great company and I'll be sad to go.

Good company! Middle managers show empathy and concern with staff while leading and guiding to meet firm goals

Overall, a great company to work for and a good one for advancement, opportunities, and learning. Your immediate supervisor and for several layers above show definite care and concern for staff. The upper management levels are focused on company growth and not much on personnel. But Booz Allen does provide many opportunities for growth in the type of work being sought. If an employee reaches a point where they have become bored with the current project, most managers will look for other projects that would provide growth opportunities to that employee.

Pros

Opportunities, compensation, benefits, camaraderie, culture

Cons

Disconnect at top levels of the firm that would impact more senior staff

Could have been something.

The interview went great. It took a month for the background check to complete. The agent in charge of my investigation said they weren't able to get certain paperwork. It was because they didn't even try. I actually called my former place of employment and got them to sent the paperwork to the agent. It took me 5 minutes to resolve the issue. Finally got the okay to start. On the first day, at 3pm we had a meeting stating we never had the contract we were hired for and all of us (50+) had to find other programs to work for.The internal application process is frustrating, confusing and maddening. It was actually easier to find jobs through 3rd party jobsite then to use BAH internal job search. After a month of this, I found another job because fund for sitting on the "bench" was running out.

Pros

Pay, benefits, co-workers

Cons

Great culture to work for

The company goes above and beyond to take care of employees. Work experience is so variable based on client and job leader it’s hard to be specific about quality of work life balance.

Good Company but your experience is 99% determined by clients.

Overall a good company with benefits and opportunity but your experience is way more dependent on your team and clients. Very heavy client facing and can be hard to be promoted

Great diversity and workplace culture

Definitely appreciate the work/life balance but can be difficult pending the project you're on. Also, managers have a lot of control over the type of work you can do or if you can be elevated to a higher role. There are some bad apples as managers that won't care to do that or just have favorites but then there are also some outstanding managers that support you. Great benefits.

Common questions about Booz Allen Hamilton

Answered by current and former employees at Booz Allen Hamilton

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booz Allen Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Booz Allen Hamilton.
Powered byComparably