Booz Allen Hamilton

Booz Allen Hamilton Employee Reviews for Consultant

Consultant68 reviews

Found 68 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,356 reviews

Consulting

Have had a hard time trying to find remote and telework opportunities Empirical research shows I'm underpaid Work with smart and intelligent people I have learned a lot and grown personally and professionally

Pros

lots of professional growth

Cons

difficult to find telework positions

Great company

I enjoy working here. Great people to work with, easy to get along with. Team based company, with awesome projects. I would recommend to a friend. Solid career growth opportunities.

Booz Allen Hamilton insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility

Great place to grow consulting career

Booz Allen Hamilton is an amazing consulting firm that I’ve seen puts its people first. The benefits are outstanding, work projects are dynamic, and the staff is made up of highly intelligent, capable people who are willing to share their expertise. One downside on consulting (and this may be indicative of every consulting firm) - there is a major focus on driving new business and there is a lot of pressure put on more junior staff to do marketing, proposals, etc. If you’re the kind of person that wants to focus primarily on client work, this may be a challenge for you. If not, you’ll enjoy it. Overall, great company to work for but I do not like drowning in proposals and other internal work.

Pros

Benefits, Work/life balance

Cons

Business development pressures

Great employer!

Lots to learn! Enjoyed the flexible schedule and team. Great employee overall and you'll have a chance to meet brilliant people. Lots of opportunities to grow.

Flexible and Friendly Place to Work

Mostly everyone you will encounter is a genuinely nice person, or at least not as toxic as most places. Everyone is focused on one common goal, which is getting their work done and going home. The company benefits are unparalleled.

Pros

Culture, Benefits

Cons

Can be a slow paced job sometimes

Culture is terrible.

Not much to say outside of what everyone else has written . It looks nice on paper and from the outside but all they care about is billable work and couldn't care at all about fit. Unless this your only job offer, i would not recommend it.

Pros

Pay is competitive (for a select few any), sometimes they have free food

Cons

Everything else

Good starting point

Great culture, I love this company. Great place to develop and learn more about the industry. People are always willing to assist you and show you new and innovative ways to approach your daily task.

Great Place to Work

Great Place to work, make sure that you are on a good contract. That can make all the difference. This will determine who manages you which makes a big difference. Good thing is you can usually switch if you are in a bad situation.

Currently love working for Booz Allen Hamilton

Booz Allen Hamilton has be an outstanding environment to work in. The firm has supported me in any direction I've wanted to go career wise, and I don't think I could find a more positive, helpful, & supportive group of coworkers.

great place to work

i have learned different technical skills from the training given by the company , flexible working hours and locations , grate company culture and they treat people as assets rather than cost.

Wonderful company

Everyone should work at booz . They treat everyone fair they help you better your self they push you to bigger and much better goals the company helps you with personal goals as well.

Great Company Overall

Lots of red tape to get things done for your client since the majority of their clients are government clients. They expect you to find and create work for Booz Allen constantly no matter what, or how long you have been working with the client. For what is expected out of you, you are underpaid.

BAH is a great company. One of the few who is actually living their values.

Management is great at communicating and splitting up the work. Collaboration is also highly encouraged. The work/life balance is great as well. As long as you get your job done, they will trust you to do it how you like.

Pros

Great benefits, nice office spaces

Document your own work performance and remain professional.

A rather competitive place to work at depending on the client you're supporting. Be professional and highly assertive while working for their client(s).

Pros

Competitive salary compensation and descent benefits package

Cons

Lack of job security

Strong and Generous

I applaud the immense efforts of this global organization to build a unique brand. Although a fairly new addition, there is a mandatory 2 day program on the culture alone. Booz Allen promotes work/home balance with: telecommuting, mentoring programs, physical, mental & financial wellness resources, continuing education options, opportunities to join volunteer groups, in-house daycare, campus construction updates for parking options (you can expense!), cash awards for participating in monthly challenges, shopping discounts & perks, access to discounted legal services, identity protection and pet insurance to name a few. As their story reads, "our purpose and values are more than just words, we empower people to change the world."

Lots of opportunity

This is a large firm with a well defined structure and opportunities to learn and grow. The firm covers so many skill areas and has the structure to coach and train.

Worst Project

Worked for two years on a project overseas, it was the worst experience. Management lacked competency; favoritism was key for advancement. Promotion based on whom do you know, travel expenses were funded by the corporation but project management did not allow traveling except once every six months, although corporate was generous in providing funds for at least three trips a year.

A team-oriented environment

Working at Booz was a great learning experience, and prepared me to take the next step in my career. Booz employs high caliber people, and they provided me with mentorship from the beginning of my time there.

productive

I liked working for Booz Allen Hamilton. If you're in the right project you will love working here. The company promote from within and offer many benefits.

the most ancient management consulting company

The day never ends but you learn a lot. Benefits, compensations and salary were good including conditions to travel. But you travel all the time, no matter what around the world. At the time I worked there we were the only management consukting company where you could be staff anywhere in the world. No regions

Pros

learn a lot, good salary, good benefits

Cons

days never end

Great Workplace

Excellent place to work with room for advancement. Not much variation in day to day activities. Many employee morale activities. Great career promotion.

benefits

Cons

desk jobs only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booz Allen Hamilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
4.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight