Borden Dairy Company Employee Reviews

Stay Clear - Revolving Door of Executive Management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2018
Been there over 10 years and have had at least 4 CEO's. Way too many people in corporate that don't know what they're doing and won't listen to anyone. Communication is non-existent, HR is horrible and supply chain doesn't have a clue. Company is being run into the ground.
Dangerous and dirty
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLJuly 10, 2018
rust and rotten milk everywhere. Electric wires hanging out of rusty panels. Mold growing on the ceiling. worms an roaches everywhere....managers and supervisors come and go. Machines falling apart
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
messy dirty and dangerous job
ok
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 2, 2018
pays enough to keep you here and away from other jobs. depends on where you are could be at a different branch every day of the week. if thats ok then go for it
BIg company
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 26, 2018
This company has been around for many years and has declined. The company does not care about the long time employees who retire from the company, they just let them leave without so much as even a cupcake to say thank you fo years of dedication.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
no leadership
boring
WAREHOUSE STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 12, 2018
the place is cold and the mangment don't care bout anything but themselves But the pay is good if you can get pass the mmgt its fast pace most f the time
Long hours, unrealistic expectations
Vault Loadout Worker (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 6, 2018
I didn't like working here. My managers were not personable at all. They constantly extended my hours after firing my co workers and refusing to hire replacements. No one here appreciates hard work, only demanding more. If you have a particularly productive day they expect that to be a new standard and will reprimand you for not meeting this goal. There were also major communication issues between my supervisor and the vault manager which led to unnecessary stress on everyone else.
Busy place to work.
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 18, 2018
They keep you busy. I learned a lot about the business and about cleaning. Management was good and the culture was ok. Too many people to please though.
Good company
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 9, 2018
I truly enjoyed working for the company before my position was eliminated. I had a company vehicle and was given the opportunity to work independently.
Do Not Work at Borden in Mercedes, TX
Trailer Loader (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXMay 8, 2018
The management is terrible and shows favoritism. No room for advancement. No employee appreciation or gratitude for hard working employees. I was there over 2 years and only received a 28 cent pay increase. They were constantly trying to cut hours but expected me to come in on a moments notice. No respect for trailer loaders. They gave us all the hard work and made do whatever the drivers didn’t want to. No accountability. Worst job ever!!!
Bad management
Driver (Current Employee) –  London, KYMay 8, 2018
Worst management I’ve ever seen they tell you they know what’s going on and don’t have a clue safety concern not interested problem with equipment their answer is we don’t use it can not talk and discuss anything with them they will cry and whine like little girl they are never wrong and you are always wrong if I could take my employment back I would and go somewhere my work and efforts are appreciated
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Would not recommend this job to anyone.
Vault loadout (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLMay 8, 2018
Poor management,go 6+ hrs without taking a break or lunch. you literally would have to try and take one once the work slows down. No matter what the issue is you will get in trouble if the production line is stopped. Very easy to get fired.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Go hrs without taking a break/lunch get in trouble for the little things. Easy to get fired.
Local manager did as little as possible, was never helpful.
Route Sales Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 7, 2018
His response to any work related issues was "what do you want me to do about it". In more graphic terms.

He would always show favoritism to a few workers and constantly berate others, but complaints to HR always fell on deaf ears.

He created a culture of DOG EAT DOG by emphasizing that if you accidentally left a personal cap or shirt in the office, it was fair game for anyone to take it without any consequenses.
Pros
consequences. Hourly rate
Cons
Work culture
DOT and Manufacturing responsibilities
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 25, 2018
very fast pace but stable for the most part, i learn how to deal with and manage different cultures of people. the work place was a mix and diverse environment. the hardest part was dealing with an outside insurance company or workers comp. when no one got injured .
Pros
company vehicle and credit card
Cons
Osha
long hours not enough pay
Route Salesman/Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 16, 2018
long hours long routes and not enough pay for the work. No room for advancement in the company had the sames sales manager for 20 years and they only have one
No life based on hours feel like away
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Cowarts, ALApril 3, 2018
Don't think this job will make u feel.like your not on the rd. Have constant changes in environment and equipment is nasty and not up to d.o.t. stand.
productive workplace
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2018
The management gave us a large amount of freedom to do the job in the way we felt would be best but failed to deal with poor coworker performance that would result in increased load on other employees.
Pros
good pay, competitive benefits, payed time off
Cons
hands off management
Great company but poor managment
Vault loadout worker (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 27, 2018
Pros
good pay, competitive benefits, payed time off
Cons
hands off management
What a joke!!!
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  London, KYMarch 24, 2018
This company is the worst company I have ever worked for in my life. There is absolutely no communication within the management. Almost everyone in management there acts like everyday is their first day. The company wants to preach safety until money is involved then it’s a different story. If you’re looking to drive for them they’re drivers are way under paid and over worked (60-70hrs) for the responsibilities they have. The company has new rules and policies on almost a weekly basis. If they worried about picking up business like they did trying to discipline or fire an employee business would be booming. The paid stub you receive online (bi-weekly) is like trying to read a foreign language so half the time you can’t tell if you’re even getting paid right or not. No weekends off. Basically what I’m saying is the job isn’t worth all the headaches and stress that comes with it.
Pros
Great union healthcare
Cons
No weekends off, poor management, days off (if you get one) not together, long hours, can’t get vacations off in summer (as it’s seniority based), not enough pay, bi-weekly pay
Borden Sales Experience
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2018
Merchandise different brands of Dairy Pure products on the shelves and make sure there organized.

Store and reset dairy cooler building seasonal or all year around displays for Stores, Schools, Oil Companies, Restaurants, Football Baseball and Soccer stadiums.
Inventory gallons, half gallons, quarts & pints dairy product counts for the next following delivery.
Driving and Maintaining company vehicle car to work and back home every day.
Store and reset dairy cooler.
I only work four days a week but frustrated and not happy with anything sbout company
Driver Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 16, 2018
I'm a delivery driver it used to be a good but hard working job when it was family owned. Now it's a big corporation owned 51% by one man and 49% investment owned its all about the dollar now our customer service is bad treatment of people is bad I am in process of looking for something better. But, its hard to change when you have family to worry about!!If I was single o would have parked truck somewhere and told them to come pick up!!!
Pros
Now none
Cons
Too stressfull

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Borden Dairy Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight