BorgWarner Employee Reviews

Very fun
Package/Shipout (Former Employee) –  Water Valley, MSAugust 4, 2018
A typical day at BorgWarner consist of clocking in before three. Having a brief team meeting and then getting straight to work. I learned a lot while there. I learned how to work even better with people. The mist enjoyable thing about BorgWarner is that you get to meet all kinds of friendly people.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Oil break outs
No life
FTQT (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCAugust 1, 2018
No kids? Go right ahead and sign your life away to BorgWarner if you're desperate enough. 2 days off a month if you're lucky. Poor management and emotional, untrained leaders. Never know for sure your next day off until the end of the shift before.
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Short breaks, stressful work atmosphere, always short staffed
Clean, stressless environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILJuly 26, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Borg. The jobs were not easy but they weren't difficult either. The factory was clean, the management was friendly. The line workers were willing to help you.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Quotas
Okay place to work but too many tattletales work there. Cafeteria is wonderful and really big a lot of choices to pick out of four Foods
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCJuly 26, 2018
Upbeat atmosphere. Great job opportunities. Friendly place to work. The only problem I had too many lazy people did not want to do their job. Management was okay
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Too many people like to tell on people for nothing
Hard work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 13, 2018
They talk big like they are fixing things but nothing changes except it gets worse. No appreciation for hard work and they play favorites with people to promote them to higher positions. Area managers are not very nice people.
Management needs training
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bellwood, ILJune 22, 2018
Management needs to be more in touch with its employees. The employee are not treated with the respect they deserve. Management treats employees as if they are disposable everyday.
Very Productive Workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Water Valley, MSJune 14, 2018
A typical work day at BorgWarner is very relaxed. Everyone that you meet make sure you are well taken care of and make sure you have the right PPE and equipment you need for you task. I loved it there.
Productive work place
Catia V5 Designer (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMay 22, 2018
People are engaged all day. VCT is what is learned and many disciplines relating to this product. Limited engagement with management is needed. Workplace culture simple self directed. Hardest part is keeping up with customer demands and time constraints.Enjoyable part of the job is freedom of opinion.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
10 minute breaks if you want to take them
Very good place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Dixon, ILMay 18, 2018
Very friendly rewarding place to work. Gives opportunities to move up within the company. You receive paid vacation good health benefits. Also receive performance bonuses
Challenging industry but good people to work with
Manufacturing Engineer - Project management (Former Employee) –  Fletcher, NCMay 12, 2018
I learned a lot as a manufacturing engineer at BorgWarner. The automotive industry is very fast paced with creates a challenging work environment. The people at BorgWarner are good to work with, which helps make the job more manageable.
Pros
people
Cons
hectic industry
good place to work
Punch Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMay 10, 2018
I enjoy working at Borg Warner and have a fun group of people to work with.They have good medical, vision, and dental insurance. I am currently trying to move up in the company.
Good time great people
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCMay 8, 2018
Its a fast pace environment with lots of opportunities for individual growth and learning if the person is willing. Benefits are second to none. Wages could be higher.
Non union company. Hard to advance within the company.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 7, 2018
When I first started working there they encouraged promotion from within the company. Eventually it became apparent that the new management turned everything around and stopped advancing employees within the company giving the higher paying positions to outsiders. That brought down the overall morale of the workforce. Making it feel like more of a stagnant work environment. With no advantage of being on the inside of the company.
Great place to work until the big layoff
Industrial Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Water Valley, MSApril 29, 2018
I planned to retire from here. I truly enjoyed myself after learning the different equirements software and components to keep the machines running But once I was laid off. It gave me a chance to look at other jobs available out there. Once I was called back and made aware of being possibly laid off again. I took the job with another company.
Pros
Training to improve myself
Cons
Working third shift
It was a good workplace
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 23, 2018
People are very nice and understanding. As a student I didnt have much work coming my way and I didnt see my knowledge or understanding advancing sufficiently enough to stay at the position.
Life On The Graveyard Shift
Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  Seneca, SCApril 22, 2018
It is a steady paced work place. I build parts for automotive companies on the graveyard shift. They are making some positive changes but it needs more work. Some Team Leaders are biased and I think they need more leadership training classes. Working the graveyard shift being away from my husband since we are newlyweds. The amazing co-workers I work with.
No it was not a fun place to work. High production and very stressful
Quality operator (Former Employee) –  Water Valley, MSApril 22, 2018
I thought we had great benefits but stress level was high on a high production level. We were fussed at a lot sometimes felt like we couldn't do enough to please supervisors and upper management. They wouldn't listen to operator concerns Worked a lot of overtime we were on a point system I didn't like this. Even if you were sick you still got a point for being out even if you went to doctor even if you were in hospital. They seemed as if all they cared about was parts and production at end of day and the heck with you. This is making me mad so I prefer to stop That's why I retired I couldn't get a day off even if I had vacation days left with a week in advance notice this could go on and on but I really don't care to
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
To stressful
Borg-Warner is the best place I have worked.
CNC Machine Operator Borg-Warner Turbo (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCApril 19, 2018
Borg-Warner was the best company i have ever worked for where machining is concerned. They have a great training program, even with people who have no experience. The people who work for Borg-Warner are some of the best i have ever met.
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCApril 19, 2018
Great learning opportunity. Friendly work environment. The only thing is, is they had the temps training new hires that were making double the money and most temps did not get hired on. Sometimes they know you are there 5 mins early or more waiting to clock in but then whilst in line to clock in if you clock in one min late the systems deducts five mins and you are punished and even let go for tardiness.
Pros
Learning more manufacturing skills, advancement
Cons
as stated in reveiw
Great Contract
JD Edwards Business Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYApril 13, 2018
Was a great place to work as a contract consultant. Very friendly culture and all employees that I worked with were helpful. Would welcome the opportunity to do contract work for them again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BorgWarner. Our community is ready to answer.