BORINQUEN HEALTH CARE CENTER, INC Employee Reviews

multi cultural workplace
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 16, 2019
I have been working at BHC for almost 7 years. Started as a Medical Assistant floater and now i am the Laboratory Manager for all locations. I think growth depends on the individual desiring the opportunity for growth, showing the drive of desire. Borinquen is definitely a company that will help you growth within the company or in some cases out of the company always for better and bigger opportunities. Everyone is treated like FAMILY from the senior management to the maintenance crew. Benefits are Great, the company always tries to shop for better insurance for the employees and gives a lot of in-house benefits which to me is a big PLUS.
A lot of the employees are people from the community which i think Patients love because they see familiar faces. I myself are from the community so the same patients i see in the clinic i see them in the neighborhood supermarket, stores, restaurants (it gives a patient and employees a more sense of connection. One of the things i love about Borinquen is the knowledge we receive as employees, we have yearly CPR, OSHA, HIV, etc...(which they pay for) other company will have you do it on your own paying out of pocket.
Lastly this company is very compassionate to it's employees.
I think that is one of the top reasons why i have stayed so long with this company, Borinquen is very caring of there staff on a professional and personal level.
Pros
knowledge, compassionate, opportunities of growth, benefits
Cons
yearly salary increase
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2019
Overall, a good company to work for and grow within. There is plenty of growing opportunity within the organization and you also meet many people from the community, which are good contacts to have.
No advancements
Communication Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 1, 2019
The managers are under qualified for their roles and incompetent. Threaten if you are more knowledgeable than they Are. You’re mainly promoted if you are friends with the manager, not based on skills, experience or degree. They treat the patients poorly. The doctors don’t take the patients seriously, always calling out. The wait time to be seen is ridiculous. Never any appointments if you’re sick and need to be seen straight away. Horrible raises, 25 cent. Lots of drama and gossip. They will fire you without cause, even if you have been there for 20 years. Do not take this place serious.
Pros
Extended holiday break
Cons
Poor management
if given the opportunity i would have comtined to work there.
medical biller/ insurance verifier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 25, 2018
I left in March of 2015, so I can't really know about the way things are done today. and for me I am not interested in tearing a company down. that is not necessary.
Very hard to deal with Management.
Comptroller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2017
There is a lot of work, pressure, to many deadlines to meet, lack of management support, infrastructure needs to be established. Their mission is great and the services are greatly needed but Management needs to be changed.
Pros
very flexible when personal time is needed.
Cons
Management culture is not recommended.
Kind Atmosphere , Respectful Patient treatment
OB/GYN, ABD, Breast, Thyroid, Transvaginal (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 4, 2017
Good patient care , busy medical office , clean and organized medical center .

Waiting time for patients is at a normal time frame .

Doctors arrive on time , good patient care .
Great place to work and network with city and national officials
Marketing and Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 7, 2013
Typical days start at 8:30 am and end about 12 hours later. I learned quite a bit regarding grant requests and sponsorship campaigns. Management was quick to delegate and coworkers were pleasant.
stable agency with a variety of clients
Intern Mental Health Counselor  (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 2, 2013
• The Staff is educated and trained. They advocated and assisted in referral to best meet the needs for the consumers.
Challenging and intresting, learned alot.
Receptionist / Front Desk Coordinator. (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater/ Downtown Miami, FlFebruary 2, 2012
Borinquen Health Care center was a very challenging environment to work in which helped me learn how to work well under pressure and stress. I enjoyed working for this company, enjoyed the benefits and the events that went on.
Pros
benefits, schedule and pay.
Cons
distance and instability.