Borrego Health Employee Reviews

Good team
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2018
Good team. Promotes a learning environment. IT department is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Cross-functional teams quickly understood and applied Lean and Six Sigma concepts
Worse place I've ever worked at!!!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 16, 2018
This place has potential, but unfortunately the management has no clue what they are doing!! There is staff that get over worked while other staff just slack off. Lack or no training at all. Lets talked about micro management... the front and back managers sit in the break room until all their employees clock in, but get this they get to the clinic at 7:30am. Do they think no one will clock in?? ridiculous!!!
In the time I worked there about 20 staff members have decided to quit due to unfairness, micro management, rude and unprofessional comments directly from HR for example: "If you don't like it here your more than welcome to leave"! wow so much for wanting to become a patient centered home, Not with that attitude toward your employee's. I don't recommend this place at all...
Pros
Pay
Cons
management, Hr
Horrible Management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 16, 2018
This place is a stepping stone, they are so desperate to fill they're positions that they hire anyone. So if you have experience they will hire. Management is horrible they both have no leadership skill, back office manager doesn't make an effort to build a good work environment. Front office manager has no idea what she is doing. There is no work ethic on this office. This clinic has potential to be something great, but won't ever get there with those two managing the place.
Pros
Great coworkers
good luck
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Worst place, lack of trained management, for profit business. Climbing up the ladder non existent unless you are family. There is no fairness with employees, some have more work than others.
Worst place ever to.work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 11, 2018
Don't work here. Every one is trying to get you fired.management and administration are all GED certificate holders,no one has any real education. All the patients are just
numbers to satisfy the government quota to get more grant money
productive and busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2018
busy and productive, very good training provided to stuff to enable them to do their job, however management at certain locations can be difficult and unproductive.
Pros
good working envirnment
Cons
difficult managment
Medical assistant/ Referral Coordinator
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJanuary 6, 2018
Great pay for starting with no experience what's so ever. Poor management, manager was so controlling, Lack of leadership, hard to climb company ladder.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off, sick time and vacation
Cons
Poor leadership, poor management, hard to climb company ladder unless you kiss the manager's butt
Lack of culture and collaboration all about numbers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 18, 2017
The organization can be described in a few words fragmented infrastructure. Strongly lack the true model of leadership and aspiration. Work culture is underdeveloped. The front line staff lack skills in compassion and empathy. However, to the higher level they prefer to hire bodies rather than people who have the skills to fulfill positions to full potential.
Pros
Diverse
Cons
Poor leadership from higher level very poor communication skills
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cathedral City, CANovember 9, 2017
Always walk in the morning and get straight to doing my duties. We are always busy and when we are not, it's steady. Always prepare with copies, etc. Enjoy helping patients and making sure they are satisfied with our customer service. Staying busy makes my day go by fast and even better when we're like a family.
Good place to learn
Check out Biller (Former Employee) –  Borrego Springs, CASeptember 1, 2017
I learned a lot working here, but unfortunately it is a very cut throat place to work. Managers play favorites and hire extensive family members without experience. Too hard to climb the company ladder.
Pros
Good pay/benefits
Cons
Poor management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAAugust 7, 2017
No good leadership, worst place I have ever worked but thankful for the experience and the providers are great. I wish this place would get new managers and I would return.
Pros
Cons
poor work ethics all over.
you must know someone to get in and be succesful in this place
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Borrego Springs, CAJune 12, 2017
horrible place to work for, not enough training horrible management. Gossip everywhere, backstabbing people, who have probably slept with someone in a high ranking to get where they are.
Pros
Cons
everyone is up in your business
Waste of time
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 23, 2016
This place is the worst place to work at. There lack of compassion for the patients and all they do is look at people like dollar signs there. They act like you will get a raise and that will never happen. Onl if your family. Also, HR or your managers only look out for them selves. Everyone is sleeping with each other here. They hire un-educated individuals to run a company. The turn around at this place is crazy. They over work you and get upset when you take breaks. This is the most HORRIBLE job I have ever had. I moved on to a higher position. Stay away for tour sanity. All they want is people to apply for med iCal so they can just collect there money. They treat the patients so rude.
Pros
Tought me to help people.
Cons
Over worked and under paid.
It shows efford to expand
Clinical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAApril 4, 2016
Usually work was always, behind patient would have to wait longer then it would be necessary. I learned a lot hard work eventually pays off. I enjoyed my coworkers that was the best part of my job the people that actually believed to work hard and increase productivity to help the patients be seen and go home
obgyn
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  san diego, caJuly 24, 2015
Providers very nice and friendly. they were willing to teach me everything. very helpful. learned a lot about female anatomy and made me more confident as a medical assistant
Pros
free lunches
Cons
small office
busy fun really nice empolyees and patients
medical assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2014
typical day at work arriving patients for labs and xray also behavioral health checking insurance and making appoitnments for all doctors.
Pros
fun, busy, outgoing employees
Cons
not enough coverage
• Files all incoming reports, labs results, x-ray reports, and all records pertaining to patient’s medical status.
Medical Records Clerk- CSR (Former Employee) –  Julian, CAAugust 14, 2014
My chief roles have been communicating with patients, organizing and inputting information into the computer system, filing and updating client information records, and keeping the utmost of confidentiality with all records.
Chef/Nutritionist (Current Employee) –  Borrego Springs, CAJuly 13, 2014
I am a one man crew without micro management. I was able to take ownership in starting up a program for the company. I do not have a staff but the staff I do work indirectly with daily are good people. There are really no hard parts to my job other than the commute and being away from my family. I do love however that I make my own schedule and it is task oriented.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Borrego Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7