Borrego Health

Borrego Health Employee Reviews

United States51 reviews
poor management
great what i can do for the patients. They are appreciative

. Management is not supportive and at times works against you. Many managers are related to one another and definitely hold grudges. Staff not treated fairly. You are guilty even if you are innocent and have done nothing inappropriate. They have "secret files" where others can write you up and you would not know, until your evaluation comes up and they bring it up.

Putting educated staff in management positions (or at least those with adequate experience) would help. Transparency also would help.

Good luck
Poor Management
In order to succeed and move up in this company, you should be able to be rubbing elbows with higher ups. Poor consideration of qualifications for promotion.

I would love to give 5 stars for amazing coworkers, but management has been constantly changing with no direction and sustainability. No compassion for workers despite claiming positive distinctions. I started with the company with a different set of management and they equally cared for their patients and employees. As corporate positions changed, it was all about the numbers and never about the employees.
In a state of constant change
Its a corporate sector that seeks to make numbers to be able to generate grants from the Government,

It is not inically challenging

Doctors and dentists are not compensated well enough
I loved my job.
I would like to return to work with Borrego. It has been one of the best jobs I have ever had. The provision of a scribe was the best thing since sliced bread.
Good individual work environment,
Ok Company to work with. No three strike system. Can be let go at any moment. No management support with hard working employees. All the Higher ups there think they are God. They pay well to be able to treat you badly. Lot of opportunities with the company only open to family members of the company
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Great benefits and eligible for the HRSA Student Loan Forgiveness
When I initially applied I was a bit hesitant due to the negative reviews I read about them on Indeed. However, I was interested in the loan forgiveness programs, an FQHC is eligible for, and figured it wouldn't hurt to apply and find out about the company myself. I have been with the company for some time now and I am very happy that I applied and accepted the job. I feel respected and valued by the company and colleagues. Also, the benefits offered by Borrego are great! Don't let negative reviews influence your decision to apply at this company, or any job for that matter.
Management and Workplace culture
My experience working for this company had been the worst experience I have ever had in my professional work experiences. The management team was incompetent, mean spirited, small-minded, treacherous, and unsupportive. My manager was systematic and deliberative in her methods for setting me up for failure during my training process. Additionally, once I found out that her educational background was significantly less than mine, I realized that I was not going to make it through my 90 day probation period. The training methods and practices were substandard at best! Think long and hard if this is the type of company you want to work for!
Borrego is not nurse friendly
Borrego has respect for nursing staff. Borrego has no room for advancement unless you have a family member working there. Management does not care about the patients getting what they need.
Don't Apply. It's Terrible.
"Regional" leads are back stabbing and terrible to work with. They are out for themselves and love to micro-manage. Pay is ridiculous! Sooooo many really good people have left because they are not treated well, nor paid accordingly. This includes all areas: providers, nursing, support staff. It's sad because the company could be so much more than it is. You have to know someone or be related to them to get any form of respect. The chief officers are mostly married or siblings. It's a big web of hurt and lies to work at Borrego. DON'T DO IT! Work anywhere else. This place will just hurt your soul. You will give and give and NEVER be recognized by the leaders higher up. They don't know what they are doing and it's just a matter of time before a patient is really hurt. The good people leave because it's unbearable. I am very glad I respected myself enough to leave.
Poor management! Unprofessional environment
Poor management. Chiefs officer and dental manager have a unprofessional working dynamic. Dental manager is prejudice and belittles/degrades the employees who are here to work and loyal to the company. Very tedious job. Under paid. Very stressful. Dental manager delegates managerial work and personal information to the employees.
Poor place to work
Manager at riverside clinic doesn't even have a GED but since she's related to a regional manager, she got a job. No job security. Definition of nepotism. Decent pay and benefits. Look for a more stable enjoyable environment. Instead of focusing on retention and employee needs, Borrego continues to settle lawsuits for many unlawful termination and discipline issues.
Great job, personally I learned a lot with the provider I worked with. The opportunities to grow were good, excellent benefits; however, no direct deposit.
poor management
you will have all kinds of work thrown at you with no acknowledgement at all. If you complain about someone management is friends with they wont take it serious and put it to the side. Overall Management is horrible.
borrego
the patients were the best part about working here. not recommended, not much to say, management is terrible. understaffed with work out of your job description
This company reflects what you put into it!! The LAZY need not apply.
Borrego has been my work home for over 5 years and I have had multiple roles with this company. I enjoy the opportunities they offer for advancement and growth. People will always badmouth a company when they dont get their way, so take it with a grain of salt. This company as with anything in life is what you make of it.
Pros
Salary
Cons
At times poor management
Run do not walk away from this company
This company will stab you in the back unless you are related to someone higher up in the company. Specifically at this clinic the provider and nurse will work together in getting you fired if they don’t like you. No one is qualified to work at this company. Many health violations occur but go without investigation due to lack of knowledgeable HR department. Immediate clinic manger WAS fantastic but was underhandedly fired because of said nurse and provider. Main provider for this clinic is extremely difficult to work with. If you are a damsel in distress, he will likely love you. He surrounds himself with weak female employees because he can control them easier. This company is good at entry level, however, you will never find any other job due to you being severely unqualified to even do the job you are asked. Which is how they like it because they know you can not go anywhere else. They pay under the area standard and do not increase wages. Not worth the aggravation.
Pros
Rx discounts
Cons
Unqualified upper management, too much power to providers, lack of respect
productive place
It was a great place to work. Co workers are like family. The trainings were great. There was always room for advancement if you were interested in greater responsibilities.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Constant change in providers
The work never ends
They have one employee doing the work of multiple employees. The worst was management, unprofessional to say the least. The only positive thing that came from this job was co-workers, great friends.
Benefits
Cons
Management, work load, management and management.
Horrible management!
This company only cares about numbers. Management is terrible, uneducated, and doesn’t know what they’re doing. Everyone’s related or is married/having an affair with one another. Good luck ever getting a raise here. The residency program is a joke! I feel bad for these up and coming doctors they have little to none guidance on how to be good do doctor. Instead they’re taught to ask the MA’s on what to order for certain diagnosis! Be careful.
Pros
1 hour lunches.
Cons
Excessive amount of work.
Horrible place to work
Horrible environment! it is all who you know to continue working in this area. Management requires a busy schedule, preferred medical patient. Appointments are schedule based upon insurance, medical patient list given to call and bring them in for wwc or vaccines. Bonus given for who ever bring more patients in. Providers, P.A are horrible even by making mistakes they are still allowed to work. Bill for 30 minus visits when only see patients for 10 min, everything is always normal. Waiting period is long hours, phone lines over 30 min hold. All management leader are unexperienced no education, but loves to be kiss but, thats how they move up. Family working with other family members is allowed. I would not recommend this place, but they always hired unexperience, right out of school, to train at their convenience. All these teens stick around the have no other choice, buy gain some bad experience given in this clinic.
Pros
some health coverage
Cons
no raise
good benefits
Company has good benefits but Managers will hold you back from transitioning into another position. Manager tend to give hard time when asking for time off. They will also have preference over employees on who gets the positions