Borrego Health Employee Reviews

Bad and poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 17, 2018
One of the worst situation that I have ever seen one of medical assistant had used same finger- stick needle for couple employees so we discovered later that this MA has never trained and she has been used same needle for couple patients many occasions!!
The management had fired the MA immediately and they didn’t allow her to participate to the investigation that the SD county has started!
Borrego
Nurse Practitioner/ Nurse Midwife (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 10, 2018
Your typical work day is busy with scheduled appointments, quantity vs quality. What I learned was to hone in my bedside ultrasound skills and other clinical skills such as endometrial biopsies. Management is good if you know someone and are able to move up if you know someone or are related to someone as many employees are commonly related. It is a say "yes" and go with the flow environment. Free thought is only allowed of those who are well liked and are not beyond buttering up their seniors.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
nepotism, "boy's club" and "go with the flow" is highly encouraged. No free thought.
Good opportunities
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAAugust 20, 2018
You are able to get a lot of experience in different departments. Flexible with you schedule and has different types of shifts available for you. Helpful staff.
Pros
Hours available.
Cons
High no-show rate.
Medical assitant / Floater
Medical assistant / floater (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAAugust 16, 2018
I was Always helping or covering for other employees on vacation or Were out sick fron office or back office as well as referrals and medical records . And helped schedule majority of my time as well as Filing and Calling patients for app helping providers in exam rooms
Pros
Great manager she cares for her employees she always made sure we were on too of things
Cons
Bad phlebotomist he thinks he knows everything And Dosent Apprecitte good help
Would not recommend any one to work here you’ll get nowhere,management is very unprofessional and has no clue on what to do & pretty much bs
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San BernardinoAugust 7, 2018
Pay was good but bs is thrown all day ,ask for specifics if your ever told your not doing something right or at all.If you plan to move up in a company and get somewhere wrong place bud
Pros
Pay
Cons
Manager
Very fast paced position
Mobile Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside County, CAJune 22, 2018
Very stressful and tedious job. We see a lot of patients up to 30 a day non stop without breaks. You have to demand a break. Lots of traveling from one location to the next. They pay for mileage but just gets old doing all of that driving. The pay can be more for all of the patients we see daily. Benefits are good.manager is shady no one likes her. People are leaving and transferring because of her. She assigns duties to employees that she should be doing. She needs a management training course.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
No breaks overworked lots of traveling cut throat manager
Good team
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2018
Good team. Promotes a learning environment. IT department is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Cross-functional teams quickly understood and applied Lean and Six Sigma concepts
Worse place I've ever worked at!!!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 16, 2018
This place has potential, but unfortunately the management has no clue what they are doing!! There is staff that get over worked while other staff just slack off. Lack or no training at all. Lets talked about micro management... the front and back managers sit in the break room until all their employees clock in, but get this they get to the clinic at 7:30am. Do they think no one will clock in?? ridiculous!!!
In the time I worked there about 20 staff members have decided to quit due to unfairness, micro management, rude and unprofessional comments directly from HR for example: "If you don't like it here your more than welcome to leave"! wow so much for wanting to become a patient centered home, Not with that attitude toward your employee's. I don't recommend this place at all...
Pros
Pay
Cons
management, Hr
Horrible Management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 16, 2018
This place is a stepping stone, they are so desperate to fill they're positions that they hire anyone. So if you have experience they will hire. Management is horrible they both have no leadership skill, back office manager doesn't make an effort to build a good work environment. Front office manager has no idea what she is doing. There is no work ethic on this office. This clinic has potential to be something great, but won't ever get there with those two managing the place.
Pros
Great coworkers
good luck
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Worst place, lack of trained management, for profit business. Climbing up the ladder non existent unless you are family. There is no fairness with employees, some have more work than others.
Worst place ever to.work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 11, 2018
Don't work here. Every one is trying to get you fired.management and administration are all GED certificate holders,no one has any real education. All the patients are just
numbers to satisfy the government quota to get more grant money
productive and busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2018
busy and productive, very good training provided to stuff to enable them to do their job, however management at certain locations can be difficult and unproductive.
Pros
good working envirnment
Cons
difficult managment
Medical assistant/ Referral Coordinator
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJanuary 6, 2018
Great pay for starting with no experience what's so ever. Poor management, manager was so controlling, Lack of leadership, hard to climb company ladder.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off, sick time and vacation
Cons
Poor leadership, poor management, hard to climb company ladder unless you kiss the manager's butt
Lack of culture and collaboration all about numbers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 18, 2017
The organization can be described in a few words fragmented infrastructure. Strongly lack the true model of leadership and aspiration. Work culture is underdeveloped. The front line staff lack skills in compassion and empathy. However, to the higher level they prefer to hire bodies rather than people who have the skills to fulfill positions to full potential.
Pros
Diverse
Cons
Poor leadership from higher level very poor communication skills
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cathedral City, CANovember 9, 2017
Always walk in the morning and get straight to doing my duties. We are always busy and when we are not, it's steady. Always prepare with copies, etc. Enjoy helping patients and making sure they are satisfied with our customer service. Staying busy makes my day go by fast and even better when we're like a family.
Good place to learn
Check out Biller (Former Employee) –  Borrego Springs, CASeptember 1, 2017
I learned a lot working here, but unfortunately it is a very cut throat place to work. Managers play favorites and hire extensive family members without experience. Too hard to climb the company ladder.
Pros
Good pay/benefits
Cons
Poor management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAAugust 7, 2017
No good leadership, worst place I have ever worked but thankful for the experience and the providers are great. I wish this place would get new managers and I would return.
Pros
Cons
poor work ethics all over.
you must know someone to get in and be succesful in this place
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Borrego Springs, CAJune 12, 2017
horrible place to work for, not enough training horrible management. Gossip everywhere, backstabbing people, who have probably slept with someone in a high ranking to get where they are.
Pros
Cons
everyone is up in your business
Waste of time
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 23, 2016
This place is the worst place to work at. There lack of compassion for the patients and all they do is look at people like dollar signs there. They act like you will get a raise and that will never happen. Onl if your family. Also, HR or your managers only look out for them selves. Everyone is sleeping with each other here. They hire un-educated individuals to run a company. The turn around at this place is crazy. They over work you and get upset when you take breaks. This is the most HORRIBLE job I have ever had. I moved on to a higher position. Stay away for tour sanity. All they want is people to apply for med iCal so they can just collect there money. They treat the patients so rude.
Pros
Tought me to help people.
Cons
Over worked and under paid.
It shows efford to expand
Clinical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAApril 4, 2016
Usually work was always, behind patient would have to wait longer then it would be necessary. I learned a lot hard work eventually pays off. I enjoyed my coworkers that was the best part of my job the people that actually believed to work hard and increase productivity to help the patients be seen and go home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Borrego Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6