Bosch Employee Reviews

lots of ot
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 23, 2018
on a regular basis, I worked 12-hour shifts some m-sun. it would have been a great job if they actually hired the temps but you work for 3 years and they let you go. no opportunity to advance in pay but want you to be able to operate every single part of the line.
My Experience
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 23, 2018
Great place to work, however the scope of learning depends upon the eagerness shown by the employee. I was fortunate to work on a projects which required an appetite of learning.
fun work place
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  anderson sc hwy 81 northMay 22, 2018
a great company to work for.learned how to be skilled on the assembly line.learned how to dock audit finished goods.the work place was amazing to be apart of.The hardest thing of the jobs was in certain spots it was too hot.the best part I loved about bosch was working in the crib.the crib job persist of just sitting in a room giving different departments parts they need to keep productions running.
Opportunity for growth
FORK LIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARMay 16, 2018
I enjoyed my work at Bosch and I enjoyed operating the forklift, this was one of my most favorable job positions that I've had. There was much opportunity for growth and support throughout my time there.
good overall
Research Technician II (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 15, 2018
13 years .. good job great benefits depending where you are in michigan .. other plans are high elsewhere
great amount of paid time off
mostly understanding with family and job related issues.
management isn't the best on certain teams
Pros
vacation time
Cons
meetings on top.of meetings hard to get work done some times
Production Associate Operate machines (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 10, 2018
Bosch was a good place to work at, it was the people within the shop that gave you problems. Even if you report a problem nothing is done about it. The supervisors will ask you to report the issue write up a statement and turn it in but won't follow through.
Light and steady
Material Handler - MAU (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 9, 2018
Light and stead. I worked alone. The work place culture was nice and laid back, as long as your job gets done. the hardest part was the days things was slow. The most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
Temp job.
Cons
I love riding the tugger around meeting new people.
As in all the companies bad/good things
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  NUrembergApril 28, 2018
Doesn't matter how good you try to be or how much you will sacrifice your time fr the company , the moment when you will be on the back light will come sooner or later.
Bosch is a good place just lots of overtime
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 27, 2018
Bosch is a good place to work to get experience. Expect a lot of overtime, because there is a high turnover rate. Management can be hard to find and lack with explaining things in the detail that's needed. Be prepared to learn all sections of the warehouse to be interchangeable.
Pros
Easy routine job
Cons
Routine job, so doing the same thing over and over
Worst Management
5s weekend crew (Former Employee) –  Albion, INApril 27, 2018
I worked as a 5's for Bosch from late November to Lat april of 2018.
I had found this job through addeco a temp agency. The job its self was a very easy job. Was a weekend 12hr shifts job cleaning up oil purge and whatever the machine decided to let out. But the issue began with Supervisors for the shift and for 5's. Very little communication between 5's management and the 5s crew. The training was a complete and utter joke. The temp agency addeco had been fantastic to work with and attempted to help. I would say to anyone looking at a position at bosch be ready for your shift lead to hide from u either in the smoking shack or back of the office. Once you do find them they will more than likely have no idea. Either they are not trained in what 5's is suppose to handle and there daily routine. As for 5's management the person that is directly over you simply put does not either know the rules to be followed for the temp agency addeco or simply does not care. I will leave you with my final thoughts of my experience with the company. Between the miss information from management and there employees. The sheer lack of proper training. I would not suggest this company to anyone living paycheck to paycheck. But if your looking for quick cash and don't mind the above then all i can say is keep your head down and eyes forward.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Laughable training and management

Want to know more about Bosch?

Ask a question
Great company to work for
Builder Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 26, 2018
Provides a challenging but rewarding work environment. Executive team has a long term and global perspective on the diverse business operations. Invests in not only technology and employees but also the communities where it resides.
Very helpful with your day to day activities
Proficient machine operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 25, 2018
A very productive and fun place to have worked. It was very educational. I learned a lot. Most of my skills were obtained through the assembly of making fuel pumps and oxygen sensors.
Poor HR drepartment also supervisors on the floor
Line operator, forklift and tram operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 20, 2018
Horrible management, and HR department. The supervisors where definitely into the buddy system
For those that just showed up and did there job and made sure it was good quality parts was looked over because they wasn't there buddy.
Good place to work and have successful team work
IT Business Partner in Indirect Material Crib (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 19, 2018
I have worked for almost 30 years for the same Bosch location.
During that time I was able to move within the company and improved my knowledge/training with every move.

I always enjoyed working there and plan to be there for a long time.
Pros
Team work and people that care..
Cons
Sometimes other people delay the completion of my work.
Excellent company to work in
Research &Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Baden-WürttembergApril 19, 2018
Great company to work in. Very efficient and interesting. Technology and diversity are strongly promoted
Solid Company
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILApril 16, 2018
Bosch is a great company to work for. Many opportunities, great benefits, ideal leadership, and very diverse workforce. Many trips to Germany for work.
Pros
Benefits, Leadership, Cutting Edge.
Cons
Work Life Balance...
Strong brand and forward thinking
Director Business Development (Current Employee) –  Paris transitioning to SingaporeApril 11, 2018
- Despite the size of the ship, Bosch is impressively maneuverable and somehow agile to pivot business models and cultural leadership
- Powerful innovation and product management supported by thousands of very talented professionals, experts and managers
Not too bad
Manager - Financial Planning and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 10, 2018
A traditional business, not very innovative and not a fun place to work, but still provides good insight and experience in finance. I would recommend it for those who want to work in manufacturing sector.
Bosch
Assembler, Set-Up, Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Shell Lake, WIApril 9, 2018
Good people, good job, good benefits. I've worked for Bosch these past 11 years, made a lot of friends and was able to travel over seas to train with some great people.
Challenging and diverse work opportunities
3rd Shift Production Mechanic (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 3, 2018
Great place to work. If you are on first shift. Things can move fast, but typically take what seems to be an exceptionally long time. There is little appreciation for keeping things running while the managers are sleeping.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bosch. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

2.8

3.0Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight