Play YouTube video button

Bosch Employee Reviews

Found 924 reviews matching the search See all 3,622 reviews
Weekend Warrior Shifts
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Albion, INJanuary 1, 2019
Not a bad weekend job for younger people or someone looking to earn some extra income. Overall probably not entirely a bad career choice, however this place will drain you very quickly and its easy to get trapped here. life is short and you don't want to work 12 days a week for the rest of it. This was my experience and everyones is different, they treat their employees on the manufacturing side (assembly, etc.) decently. Like I said, not a bad career choice if you are not planning on furthering your education beyond high school or looking to move further than lower shift management.
Fast paced job with numerous responsibilities
Senior Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, MIJanuary 1, 2019
Bosch was a very fast paced job. I was busy from the time I clocked in until I clocked out. I had a variety of duties that made my day go by fast. I assisted the Purchasing manager, the buyers, the shipping department, the receptionist by answering calls on the switchboard, assisting the production department by getting out reports, along with other assignments. My last manager was fair and nice to all. and very easy to work for.
Pros
Excellent pay and perks
Cons
Atmosphere was stiff at times
Poor management
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 9, 2019
Managers don’t mentor or coach their teams, they just expect their employees to figure everything out on their own. Why do I need you as a manager if I can’t count on you to mentor or give me advice? Communication from upper management to employees is non-existent. It’s like everyone has to figure out on their own what’s going on. Absolutely no training of any sort.
Pros
Benefits, salary, flexible scheduling.
Cons
No communication, low raises, no training, no guidance, no mentoring
Corporate environment with opportunities for
Sample Coordinator / Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 16, 2018
Most days involved working with the customer and different groups within the company to coordinate the flow of orders and maintain a balance that would allow multiple customers to receive sufficient quantities of high demand material to maintain their operations.
Working in a non US multi-national company, you learn to appreciate the differences in the work culture of people around the world. The hardest part of the job was working in a department that held the responsibility of completing a project but no authority over those doing the actual work. The teams I worked with were pretty laid back and willing to help one another which made a less stressful office environment.
senior proccess associate working to build automotive products
Senior Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SC 29621November 7, 2018
Shift began with a short briefing of production requirements leading to going to the assigned station and continuing work building the product. During the production process the operator must remain alert to ensure quality is to a high standard and no products are being produced with defects.
Pros
paid breaks, healthcare plan, 401k matching
Cons
hours depend on production quotas (7 days a week), multi shift work
No life balance, everything hinges on who you know.
Heavy Commercial CSR/ Planner (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYNovember 6, 2018
Was told many times: "If you don't want to work large amounts of overtime.....there's the door." Salary positions can be better, but most salary positions have to support hourly workers. The Florence Kentucky location talks a big game when it comes to innovation but they always fall short when it comes to implementation.
Pros
Good benefits, diverse work culture, lots of international opportunities
Cons
being an hourly employee, decreasing benefits
Overall depressing
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYNovember 6, 2018
I had worked at Bosch for about five years, and in that time I had moved positions in an attempt to get on 1st shift. It was like a carrot at the end of a long stick. Promises made by management of shift changes were always left hollow. As a team lead I was told to stick it out and day shift would be mine. Three years later I moved to machining . They got rid of second shift in my area and tried to force me onto third shift. If I could have gotten to first shift I would have stayed.

Bad management is abundant at Bosch.
Pros
Constant work
Cons
Manditory overtime, Management
A place to work with a Awesome team
Production System Point Leader (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 28, 2018
I normally worked 8 to 12 hour days. Shift meetings, with others thru out the day. I completed validations on lines and equipment. Trained associates to standardized work, as well as, develop training procedure manuals, and other materials. The Bosch workplace culture is tops in my book. The hardest part of my job was the occasional OT. The most enjoyable part of the job was our team succeeded in our daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals. I really enjoyed the time I was there.
Pros
Great place to learn and grow with a foward looking company.
Cons
Breaks are always a issue with a production job. And when I left employmeny there.
Very cut and dry work environment.
Marketing Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILNovember 6, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working at Bosch was that there was a process for everything. Project got done quickly and efficiently because there was always a process in place. Managers were always open in offering support with my career advancement and learning new skills. The most important skills I learned was project management and data analytics. The most difficult part of working there was the heavy German influence. Most of the management there was brought over from Germany which caused a lot of frustrations with employees that new the North America automotive aftermarket but didn't get much say in the business decisions. Upper management wanted to mirror the business model that was being used in Europe which also frustrated a lot of our customers.
It was a great experience
Technician COOP (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIOctober 22, 2018
Every day was a new learning experience. The best part about it all was there was always something I could do, and learn. The people there are also extremely friendly, and have helped me whenever I needed it. Lastly the food served was amazing, and I looked forward to it everyday.
Pros
Good learning expereince
Cons
Plymouth is an expensive area, so the cost of living is quiet high
Management Doesn’t Like to Hear Negative News
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLDecember 3, 2018
Benefits and pay are Ok, however the management does not deliver their communication accordingly. With no clear goals. Besides there no support or positive criticism. Upper management is completely disconnected of the daily operations.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
No constructive criticism.
Good colleagues to work with. Lack of formal training.
Customer Logistics Planner (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 24, 2018
Bosch is a good company to work for but has many layers of Management and business practices to be learned. The learning curve here was longer than I would expect for a new employee. Lack of formal training.
Pros
Work/life balance, Ability to work remotely, Occasional activities (i.e picnics) on-site for employees.
Cons
Training is sub-par. Managers tend to micro-manage.
Stressful work environment, it's a high supply and demand type situation
Quality technucian (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 2, 2018
High pace environment, room for advancement was based on who you know, not what you know. Long hours seven days a week. Good money, but you won't have time to spend it
Pros
Christmas parties, free turkey for thanksgiving, lots of family events
Cons
Point system which is recorded by your badge. Being late is not an option
Productive and a fun place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 4, 2018
Bosch was a great place to work. I quit and went to work with Dell for more money. Bosch Gallatin plant closed after I left. I made the right decision to leave because people had to find another job suddenly.
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
Lacked opportunities for advancement
Good starting place
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILDecember 21, 2018
This was a good place to work. At time it has been demanding, and the advancement opportunities are not very clear though. The pay increments are typical for corporations, not exceeding 3%. Job roles also do not bring any increase beyond 5%.
Pros
Tuition benefits
Cons
Advancement oppurtunities
Really cool opportunities and really challenging environment
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIAugust 19, 2018
There was lot of opportunities and a lot of driven people. Bosch culture is really intense and climbing the ladder is very slow. Some of the managers can be really cold and meetings can be a tad aggressive. They may not give you any direction and expect you to deliver big results before the deadline. It seemed like people didn't really think of themselves as on the Bosch team and could throw other groups under the bus. A lot people work really hard and some people get recognition.
Pros
global experience and a lot of products
Cons
work life balance, stress
Seasonally productive, Easy work enviroment, and challenging work schedules
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Albion, INAugust 20, 2018
If you want plenty of overtime this the place to go, however it has slowed down quite a bit as of late. The work is fairly simple and easy, though there are a few assembly lines that pose a challenge. As long as you don't mind standing up for extended periods of time it's not a bad place to work.
Pros
Very lax work enviroment ie. No one breathing down on you to make rate.
Cons
Short lunches, very little information put out ahead of time (like vaction or shutdown days), upper management makes poor decisions that affect the basic worker.
Engineer Technician TPM/Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 15, 2019
Bosch is a great company to work for if you have a degree and want to advance your career. They offer alot of training opportunities and avenues to advance in your career.
Pros
Good policies and standards
Cons
Things move slower in a company that is this mature.
work not hard
OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  springboro OhioNovember 25, 2018
nice place to work. but lays off to much. management inconsistent. hurry up and slow down all the time. good people to work with.good with helping you out with work issues or family issues all and all a really good place to work for here in springboro.
Pros
easy going, ok pay
Cons
management not consistent
Enjoyable place to work, and access to activities to relax at lunch
Design Methodology Co-op (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MINovember 4, 2018
Bosch provided many opportunities for me to learn and grow as an engineer.Good work atmosphere and promoted working in teams. Provided many challenges to learn from, and many opportunities to learn from a diverse background.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bosch. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.7K
41.2K

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss