Play YouTube video button

Bosch Employee Reviews

Found 894 reviews matching the search See all 3,536 reviews
Featured review
Bosch selected this as a representative review
Great Place To Work
CAD Technician/Master Planning (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 5, 2018
I have really enjoyed my time working at Bosch. The atmosphere is great, and the work environment is positive, laid back, but productive. The management allows you to do your job and not micromanage every aspect. The atmosphere is based around success even at the lowest level.
Corporate environment with opportunities for
Sample Coordinator / Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 16, 2018
Most days involved working with the customer and different groups within the company to coordinate the flow of orders and maintain a balance that would allow multiple customers to receive sufficient quantities of high demand material to maintain their operations.
Working in a non US multi-national company, you learn to appreciate the differences in the work culture of people around the world. The hardest part of the job was working in a department that held the responsibility of completing a project but no authority over those doing the actual work. The teams I worked with were pretty laid back and willing to help one another which made a less stressful office environment.
Great company
assembly line and machine operator (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 13, 2018
I like working in bosch it was great to work for gret benefits to have just.

Was pretty fun
Met great ppl in there have gone through good experiences
senior proccess associate working to build automotive products
Senior Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SC 29621November 7, 2018
Shift began with a short briefing of production requirements leading to going to the assigned station and continuing work building the product. During the production process the operator must remain alert to ensure quality is to a high standard and no products are being produced with defects.
Pros
paid breaks, healthcare plan, 401k matching
Cons
hours depend on production quotas (7 days a week), multi shift work
Very cut and dry work environment.
Marketing Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILNovember 6, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working at Bosch was that there was a process for everything. Project got done quickly and efficiently because there was always a process in place. Managers were always open in offering support with my career advancement and learning new skills. The most important skills I learned was project management and data analytics. The most difficult part of working there was the heavy German influence. Most of the management there was brought over from Germany which caused a lot of frustrations with employees that new the North America automotive aftermarket but didn't get much say in the business decisions. Upper management wanted to mirror the business model that was being used in Europe which also frustrated a lot of our customers.
No life balance, everything hinges on who you know.
Heavy Commercial CSR/ Planner (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYNovember 6, 2018
Was told many times: "If you don't want to work large amounts of overtime.....there's the door." Salary positions can be better, but most salary positions have to support hourly workers. The Florence Kentucky location talks a big game when it comes to innovation but they always fall short when it comes to implementation.
Pros
Good benefits, diverse work culture, lots of international opportunities
Cons
being an hourly employee, decreasing benefits
Overall depressing
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYNovember 6, 2018
I had worked at Bosch for about five years, and in that time I had moved positions in an attempt to get on 1st shift. It was like a carrot at the end of a long stick. Promises made by management of shift changes were always left hollow. As a team lead I was told to stick it out and day shift would be mine. Three years later I moved to machining . They got rid of second shift in my area and tried to force me onto third shift. If I could have gotten to first shift I would have stayed.

Bad management is abundant at Bosch.
Pros
Constant work
Cons
Manditory overtime, Management
Inspector and fun place to work
Inspector North Charleston SC (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 5, 2018
Great place to work. Good pay, clean environment. I had work 1st and second shift. The Job wasn't hard at all. Everyone got along. Work didn't get stressful at no time.
Enjoyable place to work, and access to activities to relax at lunch
Design Methodology Co-op (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MINovember 4, 2018
Bosch provided many opportunities for me to learn and grow as an engineer.Good work atmosphere and promoted working in teams. Provided many challenges to learn from, and many opportunities to learn from a diverse background.
best job I ever had
Trainer/CNC Mechanic/Operator (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNNovember 2, 2018
Bosch a german company had no issue taking care of the people. When it come to training, no expense was on their mind. All was very well, until the head brass decided to close and move to mexico. Wish they never left.
Pros
everything
Cons
nutin
No one should be treated like this
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYNovember 1, 2018
Besides the pay, everything is bad. The culture is horrible. I was yelled at for stopping work 30 seconds before the end of my shift. Getting vacation approved is about equivalent to asking for a kidney. My supervisor would even approve vacation days and then say she lost the paper when your day was approaching, and she constantly stabbed people in the back. The vacation policy changed to the managements benefit 3 months before the end of year. They work you almost every day. I probably worked 330 days last year. They don't pay enough differential for 2nd and 3rd shifts. They tried to change from 3 shifts to 4-12 hour shift schedule and then came back a month later and said we can't do it. On multiple occasions I was losing sleep and stressing out because the schedule changed at the last minute. It is VERY CLEAR MANAGEMENT HAS NO CLUE!

To sum it up, don't work at Bosch!
Pros
Pay, paid lunch
Cons
Short breaks, no days off, have to look busy all the time, communication is bad all around
busy place
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Albion, INOctober 31, 2018
You work a lot of hours and they will almost hire anyone. It can be dirty, but it is a very organized place. Middle management is young, and lack experience.
A place to work with a Awesome team
Production System Point Leader (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 28, 2018
I normally worked 8 to 12 hour days. Shift meetings, with others thru out the day. I completed validations on lines and equipment. Trained associates to standardized work, as well as, develop training procedure manuals, and other materials. The Bosch workplace culture is tops in my book. The hardest part of my job was the occasional OT. The most enjoyable part of the job was our team succeeded in our daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals. I really enjoyed the time I was there.
Pros
Great place to learn and grow with a foward looking company.
Cons
Breaks are always a issue with a production job. And when I left employmeny there.
Good job great people
Import Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 26, 2018
My position was imports. I helped assist with the Foreign Trade Zone. Some business travel to El Paso Texas, Mexico. Very good work environment. US Customs was very helpful with any requests.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Short staffing
Working at Bosch
Technician (Current Employee) –  Anderson County, SCOctober 23, 2018
Typical day at work involves troubleshooting machines (pneumatic, electrical, mechanical and control) and documentation through UBK.

I have learned a lot about how production works and what it takes to provide customers with quality along with learning more electrical/mechanical theory and how it is applied in multiple applications.

I'm not too involved with the management here, but I do know everyone in management is very friendly, knowledgeable and always willing to help their co-workers.

The most difficult part of this job is the machines that I work with. These low tolerance machines are very precise and allow little to no room for error. Sometimes it is difficult to calibrate and troubleshoot when machines have this attribute. Nonetheless, I like the challenge and I am learning progressively and I know this process will only get easier.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help one another. It is like family here. I enjoy watching things come to life here! Seeing the vision of a product to being customer ready. Furthermore, I enjoy learning more of mechanical/electrical theory and seeing what I have learned and seen in books in real life applications.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, nice enviornment, traveling
Good place
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYOctober 23, 2018
Work was great. Great employees. You work non stop. You will work 7 days a week. Room for advancement. They train very well. Make alot of money. Plenty of overtime.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work 7 days
It was a great experience
Technician COOP (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIOctober 22, 2018
Every day was a new learning experience. The best part about it all was there was always something I could do, and learn. The people there are also extremely friendly, and have helped me whenever I needed it. Lastly the food served was amazing, and I looked forward to it everyday.
Pros
Good learning expereince
Cons
Plymouth is an expensive area, so the cost of living is quiet high
Productive and overall great place to work
Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILOctober 19, 2018
The day started off with coffee/breakfast from the cafeteria - very good food. Then back to your cubicle to begin work. Sometimes there were meetings and Seminars to attend through out the day.
Bosch was heavily into data security and I was nominated to be
the DSP (Data Security Partner) for the Finance dept responsible for the tracking of all data equipment, assigning of accounting modules to each employee activating and inactivating user ids when an employee left the dept. When my immediate Systems Analyst Manager was transferred to the Corp division I became a direct report to the Director of Finance for 7 years who allowed me to work independently. Afterward I was reintegrated into the General Accounting area. All employees were treated as our customers. Also cross training took place with some departments.
The hardest part of the Job was the transition to SAP. My responsibility was the Vendor table and Vendor maintenance.The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work independently without having someone look over your shoulder.
Pros
office celebrations - birthdays, anniversaries, retirements
Cons
Sometimes there were too many meetings.
Very poor
Battery Changer/ Bailing (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, AROctober 11, 2018
It's a typical warehouse center. The place is not really good, it was fair at first when I first started in 2006, They are not willing to hire most people full time.
Pros
Depends on were you are at, it could be peaceful
Cons
Low pay
fun workplace
Vehicle Charging Advisor/Sales (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIOctober 9, 2018
Unfortunately, electric vehicles are no longer selling high in numbers, but when they were, this was a fun place where I learned a lot about them. They had to downsize their team due to sales.
Grat company
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 8, 2018
They take care of employees. Great place to work. Great people. Great HR. A little difficult since company run from Germany. A little difficult red tape.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bosch. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.6K
41.2K

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss