Play YouTube video button

Bosch Employee Reviews in Albion, IN

Found 30 reviews matching the search See all 3,903 reviews
Great benefits and pay, but lousy work environment
Staff (Former Employee) –  Albion, INApril 18, 2019
The pay was great and so were the benefits, but the hours were awful and so was the management. It was rare to have a weekend off or be able to spend much time with your family. They should have operated a warehouse that was able to shut down from time to time because those machines weren't built for a 24 hour operation.
Fun place to work and surrounded by good people.
Assembly Team Leader/ Shift Leader Proxy (Current Employee) –  Albion, INFebruary 5, 2019
Bosch is a good company to work for, they offer great benefits and very good pay. A typical day for my at work for me would be getting there 30 minutes before shift starts to do my daily walk through with the prior shift's team leader. I then make sure all assembly lines have the correct components to start running production. Then through out the day I make sure the line stay stocked with those components. Also any time a machine would go down, I would try to get it up and going in a safe but quick manor, if it is not something I am able to fix I then call the maintenance out to that line. At the end of the evening I then go through the zone and make sure everything is set and ready for the on coming shift. Then I finalize my shift notes for the evening, and go turn my zones paper work into the office before I clock out.
Pros
Good people to work around, all the over time you could want and good benefits.
Cons
Work home life balance, not a lot of opportunity to move up.
Weekend Warrior Shifts
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Albion, INJanuary 1, 2019
Not a bad weekend job for younger people or someone looking to earn some extra income. Overall probably not entirely a bad career choice, however this place will drain you very quickly and its easy to get trapped here. life is short and you don't want to work 12 days a week for the rest of it. This was my experience and everyones is different, they treat their employees on the manufacturing side (assembly, etc.) decently. Like I said, not a bad career choice if you are not planning on furthering your education beyond high school or looking to move further than lower shift management.
busy place
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Albion, INOctober 31, 2018
You work a lot of hours and they will almost hire anyone. It can be dirty, but it is a very organized place. Middle management is young, and lack experience.
Mold Technician (Current Employee) –  Albion, INSeptember 29, 2018
I haven’t been bored from day one while working here always learning something every day. The job is challenging and never slow, I really enjoy working there.
Seasonally productive, Easy work enviroment, and challenging work schedules
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Albion, INAugust 20, 2018
If you want plenty of overtime this the place to go, however it has slowed down quite a bit as of late. The work is fairly simple and easy, though there are a few assembly lines that pose a challenge. As long as you don't mind standing up for extended periods of time it's not a bad place to work.
Pros
Very lax work enviroment ie. No one breathing down on you to make rate.
Cons
Short lunches, very little information put out ahead of time (like vaction or shutdown days), upper management makes poor decisions that affect the basic worker.
Worst Management
5s weekend crew (Former Employee) –  Albion, INApril 27, 2018
I worked as a 5's for Bosch from late November to Lat april of 2018.
I had found this job through addeco a temp agency. The job its self was a very easy job. Was a weekend 12hr shifts job cleaning up oil purge and whatever the machine decided to let out. But the issue began with Supervisors for the shift and for 5's. Very little communication between 5's management and the 5s crew. The training was a complete and utter joke. The temp agency addeco had been fantastic to work with and attempted to help. I would say to anyone looking at a position at bosch be ready for your shift lead to hide from u either in the smoking shack or back of the office. Once you do find them they will more than likely have no idea. Either they are not trained in what 5's is suppose to handle and there daily routine. As for 5's management the person that is directly over you simply put does not either know the rules to be followed for the temp agency addeco or simply does not care. I will leave you with my final thoughts of my experience with the company. Between the miss information from management and there employees. The sheer lack of proper training. I would not suggest this company to anyone living paycheck to paycheck. But if your looking for quick cash and don't mind the above then all i can say is keep your head down and eyes forward.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Laughable training and management
poor management
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Albion, INMarch 22, 2018
management was poor and all supervisors except people employed for over 15 years were let go under a reorganization.was also a long drive and worked most weekends
Great
Logistics supervisor USA (Current Employee) –  Albion, INMarch 5, 2018
Really good and Friendly culture, Bosch is multinational company with a lot of opportunity to be assigned to different locations,

also have a nice and competitive Enviromet
No work/life balance
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Albion, INFebruary 10, 2018
Work/life balance the worst here. All decisions are made on costs and delivery. Management is about average. The previous plant manager was replaced after leading the company to the best in the division.
Inclusive culture is the one outstanding aspect of working here.
Pros
Inclusive culture
Cons
Zero work/life balance
Good Place To Work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Albion, INAugust 24, 2017
Bosch was a great job to have had. The plant was clean and well maintained, the work was very balanced with the play we received and the benefits were great.
Fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Albion, INJuly 26, 2017
I was a machine operator at Bosch for the weekend shift. I loved working with Bosch. Great place to work and keeps you busy for the most part. I didn't like the fact the canceled weekend shift hours so fast without warning but things happen.
good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Albion, INJune 20, 2017
its a good place to work but you have to have thick skin. you need to be able to work weekends. they will work you overtime every week but they pay good.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
cant take a day off easily
Friendly work place good people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Albion, INJune 7, 2017
I loved Bosch the only reason I left is because I needed off 3rd shift. It's people friendly and the training is really great. They train you until you know your job before just leaving you alone.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Hard to get hired in
Fast paced
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Albion, INJune 1, 2017
Very fast paced environment, lots of overtime. It takes a very experience forklift driver to be able to maintain and and produce results in a timely manner.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Very tight space
fast paced
Rack runner (Former Employee) –  Albion, INMarch 29, 2017
Bosch is a fast paced logistics company. Very organized but not people friendly.& days a week working and not the greatest pay. Very poor communication and training.
Pros
minimal dress code
Cons
not people friendly
Demanding and Fun
Mold Operator and Assembly operator (Former Employee) –  Albion, INDecember 12, 2016
On a daily basis, I would go into work at Bosch and would always have a good day. Most of the time work was fast paced and demanding for product to meet deadline. I learned how to use different tools such as the utility knife, automatic hand held screw gun, and hand truck. Management was always great to me. If I ever had any issue or thought on how to make a job easier, I could always count on them to hear me out. My co-workers were of much different cultures and each individual unique in their own ways. The hardest part of my job was when a mold press would go down and the day would then go slower. I would have to find something to keep me busy. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know different types of people, and ways to build different parts of the fans in cars.
Culture has changed dramatically
White Collar (Former Employee) –  Albion, INOctober 13, 2016
Worked for the company for nearly 20 years. They use to walk the talk of the culture and importance of community. They used to treat their employees like valuable team members. Now, it has turned into a burn them and churn them, no matter how much a person has contributed to the success of the organization.

Management changes every few years and the culture changes to reflect the beliefs and management practices of the current establishment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor work/life balance and very weak management
fast paced
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Albion, INOctober 3, 2016
Don't recommend, they don't care about the employees only the profits and quantity of parts put out, long hours 7 day work week,lots of employee turnover
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management, don't care about their employees, working 7 days aweek
productive place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Albion, INSeptember 1, 2016
great place to work would recommend to other people managment was great took time and cared about employees worked thirds
Pros
good money
Cons
working 7 days a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bosch. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.8K
41.3K

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss