Bose Employee Reviews

Bose - A Shrinking Brand
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 16, 2018
Bose is a fun place to work if you are looking for a sales career in electronics. The typical day is review any action items needing completion, customer service, sales, and in store projects. Trainings are in-depth and are set up well. Management within retail stores are wonderful and knowledgeable. Corporate management in Bose hardly have an understanding of how to better serve their customer base as well as their employees. The workplace culture is left to each management team to create; most are fun, friendly, and challenging each other. The Bose brand has taken a huge hit to the culture it was known for by employees and customers. The hardest part was the break down in communication between the corporate management and retail management expectations. Many times the coaching to store management was contradicting prior coaching or creating unnecessary work. The most enjoyable part of working for Bose was providing solutions for customers, hearing back from them and maintaining those relationships.
Pros
Training, cool products, music, benefits
Cons
Closing stores, pay, no room for growth, loss of brand's work culture
Was great but now it's a Sad place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJuly 12, 2018
The manage for customer service has no business working at Bose .Please get rid of her go back to the drawing board and start rebuilding trust and confidence in your employees .You just lost a great employee that has worked there from the time the plant started and other great ones earlier.especially customer repair .
Stop hiring friends the ones from next door all you doing is starting clicks amongst management.
Benefits
Cons
Very very poor management like it's bad .No body believes you doing anything about it .
Overall great company
Digital Trade Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 6, 2018
Bose is continuously evolving as a company which leads to many reorganizations.
The work-life balance is incredible depending on your manager. Bose as a company treats it's employees great.
Pros
Remote working
Cons
Not a lot of room to grow within the company
Greatl job for audiophiles. Amazing products!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 3, 2018
Bose is a world renowned name in the audio field. It was fun and interesting. We relied on top notch demos to enhance the amazing sound of our products. Also had an extremely generous discount and even received a full surround sound system for used as long as we worked for the company.
a experience in work/life
Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCJune 28, 2018
not a great company to work for, I was given the necessary tools to grow in my career. I appreciated all of the experience and opportunities provided by the company.
A great company to work with, innovating audio tech.
Bose Elite Team/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 26, 2018
Bose is a great company that has allowed me to work not only to better myself, but to train and help others in our industry. A typical day at work starts with me making a "huddle" or a comprehensive analysis of daily goals, average ticket goals, and comparison vs. the rest of the month. Conducting inventory counts to make sure stock levels are adequate for the upcoming week. Checking the staffs training courses, making sure everyone is prepared and ready with the newest training resources.
A comfortable place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time there, management treated you with respect. If the job was still up and running, I would really recommend people seek employment with the company.
family oriented workplace loved the environment.
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJune 23, 2018
This is an organization full of people with great values who really care about what they do and how the products the organization delivers can make a difference in peoples lives. Strong values-based culture. Excellent learning and development opportunities. Far from a perfect organization, yet leadership owns up to opportunities escalated from employees and do their best to fix issues.
Solid place to work
Global Brand Management (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 23, 2018
My career spans 23+ years working only for Bose. In that time I've had 6 career changes, multiple travels abroad to Europe, Asia and Africa. Senior Leadership has turned over multiple times and yet the company continues to perform at a world class level.
Pros
Travel, Product Accomidation
Cons
Competative Salary
Management needs to improve big time
Intern (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJune 3, 2018
I like the work I do, but there are several that just don't have good work ethics here. Manager really don't need to be in that position, my way or no way person, won't listen to no suggestions.
Pros
Vac time
Cons
Supervisor
A company with many brilliant engineers.
Manager Acoustics (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 30, 2018
I do not consider this information to be relevant to this process. I am filling this out only because it is required. Bose is a company with a fifty year history, and some incredibly brilliant people. The culture at Bose is changing very fast right now under the leadership of a new CEO. What it will be in the future is any one's guess.
Pros
Free Coffe
Cons
incredible pressure to complete products in short time freames
Good Company
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2018
I enjoyed working for Bose, was always treated with dignity and respect. They value employee development and look to promote from within where possible.
Just Okay
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COMay 13, 2018
This job is highly corporate and definitely a sales position. Relatively speaking, there is FAR worse work to be done for the same amount of compensation.
Pros
Good employee discount/tuition reimbursement
Cons
Far from where I live and a soon to be obsolete job thanks to the internet
Outsourcing after Dr. Bose
Sales Manager - US Western (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2018
Company going through changes. Shedding jobs in US. Moving manufacturing overseas and focusing their growth in international markets. Bose not so popular as a brand with younger demographic. Hear this often, "Bose, great brand, my dad likes Bose" Usually sell Bose to 50 and older crowd. Company is challenged to sell to a whole new generation of consumers.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Company outsourcing jobs
Company changing to stay relevant
Field Sales (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 10, 2018
After Dr. Bose passing, Bose Corp. has rapidly moved away from the past, including laying off thousands of their employees and closing their own US based manufacturing in favor of outsourcing a majority of their work to overseas locations. Company felt it needed to change direction to be competitive with Apple Beats, Sonos, and all the other brands millennial demographic choose to buy. The competitive players in the CE industry has eclipsed Bose.
Pros
Cons
Change, job security
great place
Statistical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 3, 2018
I loved the culture here. atleast in the engineering departments. tough to make tons of progress in the company because no one really wants to leave the company, but this is a better problem to have than not
Bose
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 1, 2018
I enjoyed my career with Bose Corporation!

Innovation, continuity and a caring support system, would be the way I'd describe my experience with Bose.

If you work hard and celebrate hard, you will go far in this company. There is always innovation every year, and the brand itself is an easy sell for most people that come in to visit.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with turnover. While we paid decently and had a good bonus structure, other stores in the mall would pay talent outside our max pay, which left some of our best people no choice but to leave.

Promotions while available, were also hard to come by after the GM level, since most of the managers in DM and Corp roles had been with the company for over 10 years. (Continuity)

I still work seasonally for the company because I enjoyed the atmosphere and the way the company takes care of it's people, to include the customers.
Pros
Fun Energetic Environment
Cons
Limited opportunity for promotion after GM level.
Productive Sales
Lead Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 30, 2018
Worked as a team to achieve store goals, and to receive monthly bonus. Fast floor selling and had to assess each customer for their specific needs. Follow a corporate guideline to make sure each customer was satisfied with the service
Great Retail Career
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 24, 2018
Great retail career with excellent values, great benefits and excellent pay.

Typical day at work is working with amazing customers and co-workers.

The part I love about coming to work each and every day, is developing the team.
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2018
Bose was a great place to work, I learned a lot about sales and made life long friends while working there. They are a company who cares about their team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bose. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight