Bose Employee Reviews

good ol' boy network
Lead Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 4, 2018
if you are friends with someone or owe them allegiance, you are taken care of. if you are an independent thinker, you are left out of the loop. strange culture with some good things and some weird, disfunctional behavior.
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 29, 2018
It's a great place to work. Good work life balance, competitive compensation and benefits, great company culture, solid management, good work environment.
Great creative team and fun projects
Interactive Designer (Senior Level Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Stow, MAOctober 24, 2018
I worked with the creative team at Bose in the Stow office. Everyone I worked with was very motivated and easy-going and got to work on some great campaigns (NFL, Holiday).
Cons
Long commute
Productive and easy to learn
Sales Specialist/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 10, 2018
A typical day at work consists of keeping the store well organized and welcoming customers to the store. Working here at Bose, I learned a lot of responsibility, time management, customer service, and communication skill. The management at Bose is very respectable and knowledgeable, but they tend to be pressuring. The managers are sometimes bad role models. They can tell you what to do, but they wouldn't do it themselves. Associates strictly have to wear correct uniforms, but managers tend to wear the uniforms inconsistently. The workplace can be fast-paced especially when it comes to busy days like the holidays. The hardest part of the job is to work with customers that aren't cooperating when you are just trying to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is selling products that you are passionate about and sharing that passion with other customers.
Pros
Paid-Time Off, Flexibile
Cons
Poor Managment and Short Breaks, Stay on your feet the whole day
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2018
Sale specialist basically sales associate was a fun and easy job. It helped when you work with great product too. I worked at a kiosk in the airport. The location was a little difficult to work at since we were asked more non Bose related questions. I learned how to utilize my sales skills to the Bose standards with the help of management. All corporate management I had met were all very nice and very encouraging.
Like the work, but.....
Tech (Current Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 29, 2018
I like the work I do, the pay and vac.time is good. But management don't have a clue. They keep lazy people that miss work, are late a lot. And the manager of repair don't know how to treat people. It's their way or no way even though she don't have a clue of what it takes to repair. Too much overtime that is not necessary. They have a system called Bose Ethics that IS NOT FOLLOWED! It's hard to get full time but also hard to get fired..it is the worse company I have ever worked for as far as how the good employees are treated and the lazy ones get away with everything..staying on the internet, foul mouths, walking around talking for 20 min. There is no consequences for bad behavior!! Or doing things you are not supposed to do!
Pros
Good pay, vacation time
Cons
Micro Managed
productive and fun
Sales Specialist (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 9, 2018
My experience working at bose was nothing less than amazing. Always getting new products to learn and sell. The management staff are all amazing. The company overall is just great!
They Don't Pay Good
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 4, 2018
Don't bother as this company pays minimum for superstar abilities. It's impossible to move up in the company and most managers have been there for 15 years.
Pros
discounts on Bose products
Great Place to Learn But...
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 3, 2018
Bose has a reputation of being a great place to work, I think that may vary by department. Lack of organization from the top. Rather, a lot of talk but not a lot of action. No clear career growth.
Cons
career growth
Bad
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 2, 2018
Bose has laid off and closed most of its manufacturing facilities in the US. I would not recommend working for this company at this time or in the future.
Great Environment, Limited Advancement
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2018
Great place to work, but being a smaller retailer there aren’t a lot of opportunities for advancement beyond the store manager position unless moving into a corporate role.
Great family-team atmosphere where our awesome supervisors/managers always had the time to help us and led by servanthood/leadership role module examp
Sales Specialist Sales Solution Team (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAAugust 22, 2018
Quick interview and was hired on the spot. Bose Trainers and teachers taught with grace, love and patience and enpowered us with a great skills to educate our customers in the right fit solution for their audio needs.
Pros
Free Lunch and discounts.
Cons
Short term job assignment!
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCAugust 17, 2018
Family oriented company. Always involved in giving back to the community. Fast pace atmosphere but fun. Room for advancement and always training for success.
Pros
family outings
Cons
plant closing
ok place to work
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAAugust 16, 2018
Management is horrible. No work life balance. Nothing interesting about the job. No appreciation is shown for any work you do.Management is horrible..
Fun place to work, cool toys and great employee discounts!
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 14, 2018
A typical day includes greeting customers and making them feel at home in our store. Assessing their needs and demonstrating the best solutions for them. Explaining our return/exchange and warranty policy. Presenting the opportunity to extend the manufacturers warranty period or to add "Accident Protection." Cashiering, stocking shelves and generally maintaining the Sales Floor to project a professional image.
Pros
Fun place to work, excellent employee discount program.
Cons
Retail, limited opportunities for upward mobility. Wages not commensurate with abilities.
Atmosphere of inclusion and learning
Call Center Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 9, 2018
Bose was an atmosphere where most decisions were made with both the employee and the business in mind. This drove better productivity and results. Bose provided me the opportunity to enhance my call center technical skills to compliment my call center operational skill.
Employee focused. Commitment to employee engagement
Product Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 7, 2018
A typical work day is about 7 hours of responding to customer questions and concerns via email or telephone. Depending on the day there may be product demonstrations, hands on time with products for increased awareness and or troubleshooting, and usually a quick chat with your supervisor about how the day is progressing.
Pros
Employee focused, excellent compensation as well as perks and incentives
Job was very stable.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCAugust 1, 2018
Going to work here was a treat. I enjoyed going to work every day. My co-workers communicated I had temporary roles, such as acting team leader. Continous improvement, with managers that would listen to you with creative criticism. Workplace culture was wonderful, you could talk to anyone, and we all knew our jobs and if we needed help, they would help or find someone who could.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
The plant closed, otherwise I'd still be there.
Fair place
Applications Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCJuly 31, 2018
Always busy, constant changes. Bose outsources their mfg. Culture is shifting to younger workers. Bose is trying to recruit the type of talent that typically goes to Amazon or Google.
Pros
Always changing
Cons
Always chancing.
Best position I've had so far.
Technical Writer/Editor IV (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 25, 2018
My position at Bose grew over the years into my ideal job. I came in as the only Technical Writer in the Design Center and built the job into what it was, including organizing the work, creating templates for documentation consistency, creating a style guide, and was responsible for my own schedule, which revolved around the Designers' deliverables.

There was a lot of opportunity for me to work from home and go in just for meetings.

I enjoyed the documentation part best -- working with the Designers to show how to build the new products and record manufacturing defects and how to correct them, to working with the Usability Group Writers to edit the user documentation, user quides, online help, safety sheets, and so forth.
Pros
Company ethics and values, technical competence, innovation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bose. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight