Bose Employee Reviews

productive and fun
Sales Specialist (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 9, 2018
My experience working at bose was nothing less than amazing. Always getting new products to learn and sell. The management staff are all amazing. The company overall is just great!
They Don't Pay Good
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 4, 2018
Don't bother as this company pays minimum for superstar abilities. It's impossible to move up in the company and most managers have been there for 15 years.
Pros
discounts on Bose products
Great Place to Learn But...
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 3, 2018
Bose has a reputation of being a great place to work, I think that may vary by department. Lack of organization from the top. Rather, a lot of talk but not a lot of action. No clear career growth.
Cons
career growth
Bad
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 2, 2018
Bose has laid off and closed most of its manufacturing facilities in the US. I would not recommend working for this company at this time or in the future.
Great Environment, Limited Advancement
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2018
Great place to work, but being a smaller retailer there aren’t a lot of opportunities for advancement beyond the store manager position unless moving into a corporate role.
Great family-team atmosphere where our awesome supervisors/managers always had the time to help us and led by servanthood/leadership role module examp
Sales Specialist Sales Solution Team (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAAugust 22, 2018
Quick interview and was hired on the spot. Bose Trainers and teachers taught with grace, love and patience and enpowered us with a great skills to educate our customers in the right fit solution for their audio needs.
Pros
Free Lunch and discounts.
Cons
Short term job assignment!
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCAugust 17, 2018
Family oriented company. Always involved in giving back to the community. Fast pace atmosphere but fun. Room for advancement and always training for success.
Pros
family outings
Cons
plant closing
ok place to work
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAAugust 16, 2018
Management is horrible. No work life balance. Nothing interesting about the job. No appreciation is shown for any work you do.Management is horrible..
Fun place to work, cool toys and great employee discounts!
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 14, 2018
A typical day includes greeting customers and making them feel at home in our store. Assessing their needs and demonstrating the best solutions for them. Explaining our return/exchange and warranty policy. Presenting the opportunity to extend the manufacturers warranty period or to add "Accident Protection." Cashiering, stocking shelves and generally maintaining the Sales Floor to project a professional image.
Pros
Fun place to work, excellent employee discount program.
Cons
Retail, limited opportunities for upward mobility. Wages not commensurate with abilities.
Atmosphere of inclusion and learning
Call Center Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 9, 2018
Bose was an atmosphere where most decisions were made with both the employee and the business in mind. This drove better productivity and results. Bose provided me the opportunity to enhance my call center technical skills to compliment my call center operational skill.

Want to know more about Bose?

Ask a question
Employee focused. Commitment to employee engagement
Product Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 7, 2018
A typical work day is about 7 hours of responding to customer questions and concerns via email or telephone. Depending on the day there may be product demonstrations, hands on time with products for increased awareness and or troubleshooting, and usually a quick chat with your supervisor about how the day is progressing.
Pros
Employee focused, excellent compensation as well as perks and incentives
Job was very stable.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCAugust 1, 2018
Going to work here was a treat. I enjoyed going to work every day. My co-workers communicated I had temporary roles, such as acting team leader. Continous improvement, with managers that would listen to you with creative criticism. Workplace culture was wonderful, you could talk to anyone, and we all knew our jobs and if we needed help, they would help or find someone who could.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
The plant closed, otherwise I'd still be there.
Fair place
Applications Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCJuly 31, 2018
Always busy, constant changes. Bose outsources their mfg. Culture is shifting to younger workers. Bose is trying to recruit the type of talent that typically goes to Amazon or Google.
Pros
Always changing
Cons
Always chancing.
Best position I've had so far.
Technical Writer/Editor IV (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 25, 2018
My position at Bose grew over the years into my ideal job. I came in as the only Technical Writer in the Design Center and built the job into what it was, including organizing the work, creating templates for documentation consistency, creating a style guide, and was responsible for my own schedule, which revolved around the Designers' deliverables.

There was a lot of opportunity for me to work from home and go in just for meetings.

I enjoyed the documentation part best -- working with the Designers to show how to build the new products and record manufacturing defects and how to correct them, to working with the Usability Group Writers to edit the user documentation, user quides, online help, safety sheets, and so forth.
Pros
Company ethics and values, technical competence, innovation
great paying company for retail and great bennifits for full time and part time. poor managment
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32819July 23, 2018
the company offers great beniftis and pay for both full time and part time employees. slow growth within the company and empty promises. managment is rather poor, managment gets away with pretty much anything they want. managers are always valued 5 times more than the employee. so when you go to hr guess what happens. nothing.
Pros
great pay and benifits
Cons
poor managament
I love the environment of my workplace but my place of work is my place of business that's how I like to carry and conduct my myself
Utilities dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Framingham MassachusettsJuly 21, 2018
I come to the Bose as a worker from an agency that's now a part of the staff where I'm a worker of many qualities line cook prep cook I can make pizzas as well do utilities, I am just a helping hand whatever the chef is in need of me.
excellent place to work
Global Supply Planner (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 19, 2018
Good place to work, was a contract worker. Lots of responsibilities and given training and acknowledgement on success. Would have taken full time opportunity if hiring for one.
Pros
great products
Cons
travel
Was great but now it's a Sad place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJuly 12, 2018
The manage for customer service has no business working at Bose .Please get rid of her go back to the drawing board and start rebuilding trust and confidence in your employees .You just lost a great employee that has worked there from the time the plant started and other great ones earlier.especially customer repair .
Stop hiring friends the ones from next door all you doing is starting clicks amongst management.
Benefits
Cons
Very very poor management like it's bad .No body believes you doing anything about it .
Overall great company
Digital Trade Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 6, 2018
Bose is continuously evolving as a company which leads to many reorganizations.
The work-life balance is incredible depending on your manager. Bose as a company treats it's employees great.
Pros
Remote working
Cons
Not a lot of room to grow within the company
Greatl job for audiophiles. Amazing products!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 3, 2018
Bose is a world renowned name in the audio field. It was fun and interesting. We relied on top notch demos to enhance the amazing sound of our products. Also had an extremely generous discount and even received a full surround sound system for used as long as we worked for the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bose. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.