Bosley Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Beware: Tough environment. I do not recommend.
Senior Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2018
At Bosley you do have the opportunity to make decent compensation if you are performing well while the job claims to be uncapped that is not the case. Upper management will change the bonus structure when your office is performing too well so you don't make "too much" money in their eyes. The doctors and the medical staff are wonderful to work with. Working with patients and helping them is another good part about the job.

But fellow counselors and supervisors prove to be the challenging aspect. There is a lot of inappropriate and hostile behavior that occurs in this office. I can't speak for all locations but my location is quite challenging to work in on a day to day basis. A complete shift needs to happen in this location in order to make it a safe and comfortable work environment. Upper management doesn't step in and help. It is time to move on to a healthy work environment. Money isn't everything being happy and feeling safe and secure is most valuable.
Pros
Good doctors and decent pay
Cons
Hostile work environment, No 401k matching, Poor management
Racist, juvenile minded,
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 2, 2018
If you're black, do not work here. The staff consist of a bunch of corpulant juvenile minded females that are all about hearsay gossip. They are cliqued up. Its a coterie (group of people with shared interests or tastes, especially one that is exclusive of other people)

They are repulsive to black customers, too. Just an FYI.
The doctor is a narcissists. The office manager always has someone else doing her job throughout the day.

The was job is very slow. It took time to be released from training. The No Medical Doctor Days were nice.
I am glad I don't work here anymore. By the way none of this information is coming from a black person.
Pros
Easy, Decent pay, No Weekends, No Medical Doctor Days
Cons
Racist, Gossip, Personalities
Good opportunity to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2018
If you want a fasted paced environment then this is for you. This job you will have to be able to be in a team. The team is dedicated to providing well to their clients.
Fun and the work was easy to me
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYC and Boca Raton, FlFebruary 12, 2018
I worked at both the NYC office and Boca Raton office. The NYC office was run more professional then the Boca office. I was trained properly in NYC and became very good at placing grafts. When I transferred to Boca the manager was very young and expected the staff cow tow. I left after she made the work place a hostile environment.
Pros
I loved the doctor. He was a teaching physician
Cons
I regret moving to Boca and leaving nyc to a difficult office
Not a good place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2018
Long hours. Over work. Not enough pay. No vacation time. Workers are nice. Management sucks. Benefit are not good. They don't match your 401k. Will never tell nobody about this job
Wouldnt Recommend To A Friend
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 22, 2018
I didn't work here for long. I was a medical assistant and will say the doctor treated the patients top notch but that is the only positive on that place. The other medical assistants treated me horribly. No one wanted to train me. Always had an attitude and were all beyond disrespectful. The few times they did decide to help me, they had absolutely no patience. They treated their patients very well but then talked badly about them in the lab and sometimes in front of them while they were sedated. The moral and class of the employees is pitiful and when I brought this up to management nothing was done about their behavior so I quit because no one should be put down every day at work.

Also, if youre numbers dont align with their expectations then you will not stay there long. No job security at all.
Pros
Gift cards and bonuses
Cons
Disrespectful employees and absolutely no job security
Fast-paced, meticulous handywork
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2018
Must be able to work cohesively with other team members that often complain about the consistent strains of the job. Sitting at a microscope for hours dissecting hair follicles will be a strain on your eyes in the long run. Assisting the surgeon and dealing with copious amounts of blood and odors of burning tissue while the vessels are being cauterized. If you can stomach it, go for it!! On many occasion the caseload may go over the allotted time slot that was initially planned and people end up having to stay later in the day, regardless of outside plans.
Pros
Fast-paced. Interacting with clients, benefits
Cons
Tedious, physical strains, complaining team members
Not the best place to stay for a long time
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 5, 2018
There’s no set hours so you’ll be working more than 8 hours if the surgery isn’t done on time. The best part of the job is getting the experience and learning about the hair and skin.
Pros
Free lunches, good experience
Cons
No set hours, poor management
Bosley review
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2017
The services provided to the patients at Bosley was good, behind closed doors, it was low pay and hours for the employees. The company couldn't keep good workers and the new management making unnecessary changes in the work place.
High standards and very good benefits
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2017
Bosley has extremely high standards and if key indicators are not met they will move you on. If work is good and numbers are high, pay is very good. Surgical centers are the best environment to work in. Consultation offices prove much more challenging.
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
Travel
Negative and stressful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  PrivateOctober 24, 2017
I loved the office manager and the clinical supervisor at the location in which I worked. That is about the only good thing I can say. Upper levels within the company are a complete joke. People who have been employed with the company forever are allowed to act basically how ever they want. The work days can be long and very unpredictable.
Pros
None really
Cons
Never know what you work, negativity, and didnt get to use any skills really that MA's use elsewhere
Stay away
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  The USOctober 9, 2017
Stay away from being an employee of this company. About 5 years ago this place was a great place to work. The place has gone down hill and is heading for closure at a very fast rate.
productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2017
Good job and good pay. they give you raises OFTEN and you almost . doctors are also very nicealways get to make your hours. staff is really nice and helpful
Pros
good environment
Cons
short breaks
Terrible waste of time.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 3, 2017
Company does not care about employees. There was an incident of se*ual harassment that was swept under the rug from a repeat offender. Job is physically demanding. Many long term employees have to go to physical therapy or injections. Almost no part of the job has anything to do with medical assisting. Coworkers were nice though. There is no room for promotions either.
horrible management and work hours
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2017
horrible place, management acts like high school girls. hours are all day, if physician is on vacation and you aren't fast enough in managements eyes you can't travel so you won't get paid or compensated for missed time. I was also made to feel like a bad person if I ate my lunch outside the break room. Us clinical staff couldn't voice our opinions at "staff meetings."
Cons
worst place ever
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 16, 2017
The staff was always welcoming and enjoyable to be around. The physician was professional and a pleasure to be around. The staff was wonderful with their patients and understanding and never judgmental.
Pros
Very welcoming
Team work attitude needed.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 2, 2017
Good atmosphere, friendly competiveness. The hardest part of the job was standing position for hours. Had to have good precision skills as well. Meticulous and organization skills are at play through out the say. Good patient and staff relation required.
Pros
Free lunches
good people
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMay 2, 2017
worked as team and solve problem. they are friendly people and care for employees and family, I work with a great team where we help one another as team
doctor was not nice
Clinical supervisor (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 18, 2017
fun job but the doctor was not very nice. great training from Bosley. Office manager very nice and accommodating. Some days were earlier than others, some days lasted well over 12 hours.
Bosley was overall a good place to work
Administrative & Clerical (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2017
My typical work day was consistent, positive and team oriented. Management was great, hardest part of my job was the time I got off and the enjoyable part of the job was the cohesiveness of the team.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Get off time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bosley. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.1InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

1.1Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight