Bosque Systems

Bosque Systems Employee Reviews

United States73 reviews
Great job with awesome coworkers and management. The hardest part about this job is driving to and from work. If you can handle that the job itself is great. Mostly by yourself with a daily check-in from management at your location.
Job is easy but is made difficult with lack of management skills or micro managing. Company vehicles are never properly maintained or take excessive amount of time to get repaired. From missing fire extinguishers or first aid kits to tires being bald and having no tread. Simple tasks such as providing water to employees at job site is overlooked easily. Overall the company is not somewhere I would recommend to work due to poor management and unsafe work practices.
I learned a lot about group planning and executing goals and meeting time deadlines. I learned how to get through problems in the field and not have to reach out to others for solutions before trying to trouble shoot first.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
Recognization
Everyone was friendly, easy going and really hard working. They appreciate those who work hard and help work around your schedule if you absolutely need it.
The job had great pay. The thing i liked least about it is (schedule being unpredictable). You could be scheduled off and have to work or vise versa. It left really no room for a regular life. Some days consisted of 16 to 18 hours a days which could lead to weeks back to back. The taxes are TOO HIGH in Oklahoma so 30 hours overtime means nothing when the taxes takes it all. This is a work/sleep only kind of job.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Review JHA's
Conduct field visits (Job Site Inspections)

Conduct forklift or PEC certification

Taking selective randoms for their UA

Conduct monthly safety meetings on different Safety Topics
Pros
Per Diems for overnights stays away from home.
Cons
No retirement benefits, no raise, and was laid off 6 days short of my 2 yr anniversary
Bosque system work day is typically you either work day or night shift and which ever shift you work you see how far the location is and determine what time you have to be awake to drive to your location. Once you get how far the job is you drive to Bosque to park your car and then get one of the companies trucks and drive to the work site. Before every shift there is a safety meeting that takes place for about 20 minutes and after that you get report from the off going shift. Shift change usually happens around 530am or 530pm. Once shift changes happen you pick up from where they left off. Matching numbers and chemicals with everything that was left. Through the shift a supervisor comes out to check to see how things are going and there is any need for help. You take water samples from the dirt and make sure things in that area are running smoothly.
just a terrible company to work for.

when you feel and know that the company you work for doesnt care about you, its time to go.

the immediate supervisor was hired because of who he knows in the company NOT for the job he had no experience in amd managing skills and basic human interaction skills.
This is an "introduction to the Oil Field" company. They do not expect new employees to stay for more than 1 or 2 years. Management will make lots of promises they simply do not intend to honor. They hire 15 to 30 new people every year, regardless of operational tempo.
Benefits were expensive and didn’t cover anything, paid almost $1,000 a month for insurance only to be denied for anything I needed at the doctor. Management couldn’t sale jobs to keep us busy and at the end I was only getting 60-70 hours per paycheck (every two weeks) unless I wanted to drive a semi that wasn’t legal to be on the road.
Cons
This place is a joke. They do not care about their employees at all. You are expected to have a work phone with you 24/7 as the schedule changes 5-7 times a week. You never know when you will be off or not. The schedule might say that you are off and the next day they change it and you have to work.
In my region the management is horrible. Corporate only cares about their bottom dollar. The lack of benefits is ridiculous for the size of the company. Communication is horrendous company wide. But if you need a job to get your foot in the door into the oil field I’d say go for it but don’t expect this company to do you any favors.
Lies, soon lies...no care for the employees future, nor present. I was in a situation where they laid off a supervisor that had 16+ years and offered him NOTHING! A complete joke as a oilfield company.
You will not advance in this company if you do not like to kiss butt. They will ALWAYS blame the lowest worker for any mistakes made. They threaten with write ups if you don't do everything they say all the time, no matter if it's safe or not, but then if something bad happens or if you get hurt, they will get rid of you. Very shady place. A guy got stung by a wasp, and they drug tested him and then suspended him for a week
401k should be added to staff benefits .
So many people are leaving the company because there is no 401k. Also information should be prompt at all time from supervisors at all time
If you like the extreme hours and working with the most dilapidated equipment in the oil field, this company is right for you. As a previous business manager, I cannot understand how this Company remained solvent for my tenure there.
When I began as the Regional Operations Manager a typical day would consist of sales meetings and conference calls. Bosque was in the middle of a complete management re-structuring and the culture suffered greatly.
Went I started the promise working 80 to 100 weeks never get the hours.never have jobs they send me to Oklahoma or Bryan Texas get work and always check my hours.
Pros
50 dollars bonus for job
Cons
Never have jobs waiting in yard
It was good job, the down side to working for Bosque was you never knew when you would get time off. I worked 90 plus strait days before I left the company. But that is the Oil Field culture.
Oh, where should I begin? Was hired because of my mechanical background. Was told I would get a raise after 90 days, I never got it. Was told I'd be working to fix the generators on the back of their units. I performed 2 oil changes in 9 months on units, then had to keep walking back to the shop to get filters,because the ones on the shelves had been used and put back on the shelf. Now we will get to the so called" lead mechanic" he was in a single word a tyrant. If things were not going his way he would throw a tantrum and stomp around the shop. He'd yell at everyone and call them stupid behind their backs ( and the word stupid is being polite) he was a former operator who when a mechanic position came open he volunteered to do it. He had no mechanical knowledge, his favorite thing to say was what ever size fits because he couldn't tell what size a bolt head was. He had a trailer sitting in the shop for 3 weeks,telling the facilities manager it needed to be rewired, it was a bad ground. I would sit in the shop all day with no assignments and towards the end of the day, you would be told " oh we have so many things to do now"
I was told that we would be on a rotating" on call" schedule between 3 mechanics, well 2 we've already covered that. But it ended up being me and 1 other guy. You would go out to a unit with no parts because there were none in the shop and basically you would be sent out there to tell the operator" parts are on order" , You would work 60to 90 hours a week which made for a good pay check, however if you got home at 6 pm you could almost expect to get a
 - more...
Pros
Company truck
Cons
A little bit of Labor with the job not vary much. A lot of sitting and doing paper work if you have back problems and sitting for long periods of time I wouldn't recommend this job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bosque Systems. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8