Bost Inc. Employee Reviews

Awful
Waiver Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 5, 2019
Management and supervisors don't care about your personal time. And don't ever get sick. You won't be given time to recover. The consumers are fine, but if they go home with their family you may not get your hours back.
Great
Waiver (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 1, 2019
Bost is a great company to work for that cares about its employees and also has a lot of benefits. I have been with them a year and a half and plan on staying.
Good work place , friendly environment
Waiver care giver (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 19, 2019
Great place to work. Most everybody gets along with one another . You’re always kept up to date with what’s going on with staff meetings every month. It’s a rewarding place to work .
Best job
Waiver (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 19, 2019
Bost is an amazing company and I would recommend anyone I know to apply because it is such a good place to work. Good people, great staff, amazing bosses.
Provides employees a WHY to work.
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 15, 2019
Never a dull moment. Each day brings new opportunities to be of service to the individuals receiving service. As a non for profit, you will receive less pay, but more satisfaction from your work.
Pros
Great opportunity to provide service to individuals.
Cons
Low pay
Bost is a great place to work!
RHA (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 10, 2019
I have been at Bost for almost 10 years and I don’t plan on leaving. My supervisor and case worker are excellent and make me feel
Like family. I only wish I made more money.
Pros
Paid holidays and family atmosphere
Cons
Not enough money
Stressful
Payroll clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AR 72903October 9, 2018
You must be in the circle of people that bow down to the upper echelon. If you are outside of this circle, your job will be hard to keep. Extremely stressful place to work.
Poorly ran and managed facility
Child Care/Development Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 17, 2018
The preschool was poorly ran, and lots of favoritism went on. Training was on Saturdays, which was most often mandatory, like we don't have lives outside of work. When asked for paperwork that was needed to put together your portfolio to acquire your CDA, you never got it or had to ask multiple time. The preschool is funded mostly by donations and state Medicaid programming. The pay was bad and no benefits.
Pros
help getting cda instead of going to school
Cons
low pay and no benefits
wavoer
wavier (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 12, 2018
don't have much to say about this company that would be bad. if you like to help others with a handicap then this is the jib for you. the best thing about this job is the time we take to ,make sure others are feeling or are having a better day.
As many hours as you want
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 5, 2018
You can get and work as many hours as you want. It is difficult to get in touch or communicate with superiors. You do get to work with those that need help most. Little supervision.
Best Job Ever
RHA (Current Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 20, 2018
I love this job so much but it kinda takes over your life. If you’re really close to your client it’s hard to not worry about your person on your personal time. It’s sometimes hard to get time off and some times the office doesn’t take no for an answer
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
Hard to detach
did not pay for over time not worth working there
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 2, 2018
bost was a good place to work if you wanted to work long hours and not get paid for them, bost had a lawsuit against them not to lomg ago about not paying there employees the over time they were supposed to be paying them.
over all bost is a good company
Residential Habilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith ArkansasJuly 2, 2018
start the day with breakfast for the clients, meds, transport to work, others have Dr appointments or counselor appts.

I have learned patience and compassion for the men I work with and how to care for their individual needs.

The challenging part of the job is learning to understand the needs and the different personalities and degrees of their disability.

I like the responsibility of being the Facility Staff for the group home, I have the full control of the kitchen and enjoy cooking the meals for the men in the home. I take pride in keeping the dwelling clean and organized.

It is very enjoyable to socialize with the men in my care at some of the events that are put on by Bost and A.R.C.
Experiance
Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 23, 2018
A typical day at work was on Mondays spent all day doing payroll. The rest of the week we had meetings and spent little time with our clients. A person would put in many hours in order to know what was going on with employees and clients. We had on call supervisors every week. We learned how to schedule employees with our clients, cover for vacations, how to write care plans for clients, do payroll.. The hardest part of the job was when you lost a client due to some circumstance. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being there every day.
Job coming to an end
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 6, 2018
Bost is a good company to work for. The problem is that the state of Arkansas is going to managed health care for the DD population. This means that the state is taking over my job by the end of the year. I am to young to retire and really don't like the idea of starting over.
Bost inc
Residential House Aide (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 28, 2018
Working for Bost is great. I enjoy working with developmentally disabled individuals. It is a rewarding job and is perfect for college students of someone with a busy schedule.
I loved working for Bost!
Waiver Staff (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARApril 24, 2018
Bost is a very good company to work for the money is fair the work is enriching, the connections are amazing and the management staff is very helpful.
Pros
work environment, enriching work, good management, fair pay
Cons
hours, holidays, travel
do it
RHA (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 18, 2018
just do it. its a great job with benefits if you apply for full time. even with full time its worth it.all i can say is good luck and i hope you get the job!
Pros
work with people
Cons
great hours
Fun work place
Wavier worker (Former Employee) –  Smith, ARJanuary 24, 2018
I was a wavier work,I took car of a client make sure she did her laundry,took my client shopping when she need to ,we would go put to eat go to the mall
positive and fun
waiver staff (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 22, 2018
I great place to work and being around amazing people and co workers. You can go to work all day and have a great time and not really realize your working most days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bost Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

4.7Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight