Boston's Restaurant and Sports Bar Employee Reviews

Fast pase and fun.
Server (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, WAMarch 11, 2019
A typical day was usually fast pace and yet calm. I learned how to balance time and how to work quick on my toes. the restaurant was business casual but still very nice. the hardest part for my job was the alcohol questions I would get from guests, since im 18 I don't know much about taste or what goes best with foods. the most enjoyable was as well was the guests. Funny family friendly guests who loves to joke, along with the friendly staff. there was never a day where I didn't laugh at least 5 times.
Pros
discount food during work hours.
Cons
Can't think of any.
Very unstable work environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMarch 6, 2019
I worked here for too long. I committed fully to this place, and they ripped the rug right out from under us and closed up shop. Very disappointed with this place. I put in so many hours and off the clock work. I would not go back if I had the option to.
Pros
Flexible, fun, good pay
Cons
No breaks, exhausting, poor morale, tension between staff, theft.
Boston sports bar
Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 27, 2018
This restaurant was lack of confident , mangers seem to have very poor management they were continuously having short staff simply because of what the mangers say and do to their employees i would not highly recommend nobody to work at this particular restaurant.
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VADecember 11, 2018
The manager was a great person and he always considered what the team members had going on in their daily lives. He always made the schedule based on other schedules and always stayed late if needed.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MI 48430August 31, 2018
The management made it very hard to enjoy working. You were constantly yelled at for things that weren't your fault or being blamed. It was very fast and you have to be very precise with your work.
Slow paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 27, 2018
Not very memorable place to work. Very slow paced and the food was subpar at best. No teamwork among employees. Limited menu options and management was nowhere in sight.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
slow paced
Great enviroment
Lead Trainer / Waitress (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 22, 2018
I loved working here with great people and awesome leaders. I gained more leadership skills and customer service skills in a high volume, fast paced environment.
make quick money
Cocktail Waitress/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 18, 2018
its mostly a young fast paced working environment. Usually friday- sundays are the most busy. and a good rush comes in for during the week lunch hours. sometimes your shift will be 4 hours sometimes it could be 12
Pros
good money, fast paced, good work environment, meal discounts
Cons
unexpected long shifts
Bad place to be a part time waiter.
WAITER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 6, 2018
They stay open until 2 A.M. every night of the week. I worked it as a second job and wanted to leave early every night but sometimes got stuck working very late when I had to get up early for my other job the next morning.
Awesome!!
Server & Bar Tender (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHMay 23, 2018
I have worked here for the past two and a half years, and the only reason I am leaving is because I am relocating back to Texas. My co-workers and managers are awesome and always help out.
Pros
works around your schedule
Fun enivornment
Server/Bartender and Manager (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTMarch 25, 2018
I love work at Boston's. The people i work with are great, we all became a family. The people that come in are amazing and fun. the atmosphere is crazy amazing, fun people, music, sports, great sport fans, great food etc. they are very flexible
I learn what its like to manage the floor at a restaurant, learn to serve for the first time in my life and it can be overwhelming at times. i learn to appreciate other servers now. learn to bartend. work in a very fast pace atmosphere.
The hardest part of my job would have to be, being short handed on a busy day/night.
Pros
Great people overall
Cons
not a steady paycheck (work for tips only)
Fast paced and fun
Lead Trainer / Waitress (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 24, 2018
This restaurant has high volume and is a fast paced work environment. Extreme independence as far as team work goes it lacks that structure. Overall great experience and awesome relationships with guests.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Love the customers.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 9, 2018
I have worked at Boston's for a couple of years so it is obviously an okay place to work. I would do anything for my coworkers and managers. The biggest con is that corporate is in constant rotation so it makes the place a little chaotic at times.
Fun environment, fast paced
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAFebruary 8, 2018
In order to succeed at Boston's it is important to balance multitasking, communication, teamwork, and composure. You will have to keep track of multiple stations on a busy night, so multitasking is important. Communication is key, if you need help it is vital to make it known so you can be helped before you get too buried. It is integral to remember you are part of a team, and everyone is there to get the product out and to the costumer as swiftly as possible without giving up food quality. A team member who thinks about himself/herself and not the team will only hurt the team. Lastly is composure, I've seen a lot of people come and go, and it all comes down to keeping your attitude in check.

But if you can balance multitasking, communication, teamwork and composure, you will find it a great place to work with great managers, and great coworkers.
Pros
Long breaks, free soda and coffee, half off food
Cons
Lack of benefits, no tips for cooks, not guaranteed hours
Needs new manangement
Server (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, INDecember 11, 2017
The place is run by a small clique who makes it very hard for new people.Management plays very little attention to the front of the house. The restaurant is poorly maintained.
Fun and laid back job
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDNovember 29, 2017
I loved this placed, I learned so much about cooking here. They followed everything as far as the health department. The manager as great if we were behind he helped out and never just yelled to hurry up. The business was very busy i would have 30 burgers on the grill at a time at different temps and fish and chicken, while also making all the pasta dishes by myself. I enjoyed all the learning and "tricks of the trade" I picked up.
Pros
free food and drinks
Cons
honestly can't think of any i loved this job
Business was sold and closed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 28, 2017
It was a great job and I was there for 3 years. The owner (after 11 years) sold the business and the land without notice to all of the employees and closed the business.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Weak ownership and General Manager
Fast pace and exciting place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 11, 2017
A typical day at Bostons would depend on the day. If there was a sporting event then it would be a buildup until that sport was televised. Lunches were busy along with dinner. Weekends were busy all the time.
Pros
Free lunches and smiles
Cons
No healthcare or benefits
Good place to work at
Server (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 30, 2017
There is only one manager that's I volver with servers and really cares, cistumers are ok, tips are good. Very fast paced on weekends, nice coworkers, good hours.
Pros
Easy work and good tips. Requested days off are granted.
Cons
Disorganized at times.
A good company = needs to break through
General Manager/Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 25, 2017
Tough to get the price point through to Allentown - obviously a great success in Canada but needs to create a name for itself in U.S.
I was happy with the franchise and franchisee with the prospect of grtowth - the Allentown location was tough to convince and tough financial times prevented the growth in the franchise.