Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Great team
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2019
Excellent pathology and experienced techs and attending physicians caring for uniquely sick children. The team works well together. Expectations are always high.
Hard Work!
Music Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2019
Honestly this job was remarkably rewarding but working in the medical field was not a great fit. I found it exhausting to work with kiddos who were so ill, but am grateful for the experience.
Good place to work and learn.
Operating Room Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 31, 2018
Work as an Instrument Technician at the Operating Room (OR) floor. My daily task is to prepare and sterilize surgical instruments and kits to be use for surgery. I am also a lead tech and see into the smooth flow of work in the department and also make sure, all kits to be used are ready for the plan surgery. End my day by transmitting my daily report to the next shift or lead Tech.
Pros
Well organize and always learning about new surgical instruments and procedures.
Cons
Very challenging sometimes but i love challenges.
Fun environment
Admin (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 27, 2018
Typical 8 hour day job. Work culture is nice with co-workers. management hasn't been great. Career growth hasn't been great either. Wants to hire external candidate in order to pay them less instead of moving their current workers up the ladder.
Good Place to work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 23, 2018
Workplace culture is really great and people from other teams are also willing to help when you need.
There's a great work life balance that helps in keeping your mind active and fresh for everyday work.
Pros
Work Life balance, Great Location, Work Culture
Cons
Compensation
Student
Student Intern Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 20, 2018
I was a student at boston Childrens hospital.
I enjoyed my time at the hospital the patients were pleasant and so was the work atomsphere
I would recommened
Great intern experience
Internship (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 18, 2018
This internship experience was a fantastic all around experience on working in a lab. I learned numerous skills, protocols, goal setting, and had high expectations attached to my results. I learned discipline, and highly enjoyed every minute being able to work at a lab and with my PI.
Pros
Trainings, freedom to make own schedule, assistance on publications, own space in laboratory
Cons
PI and lab mates very serious (did loosen up throughout internship)
good environment
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2018
Productive work place
SR. Administrative coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2018
Productive work place and team oriented. Great place to learn however there is not many opportunities for job advancement. Welcoming and professional staff.
Benefits
Cons
commute
Great people but not an easy place to work
Sponsored Financial Analysis Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 25, 2018
Must be a self-starter to be successful in your job!
Typical day is very busy, lots of work to handle that goes beyond your job description. I have been helping another department for the last 3-4 years.
Pros
Great people, having same mission to care for children
Cons
Managers lacking management skills
Productive and motivated workplace
Research Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 17, 2018
A typical day starts at 7 and ends between 3:30 and 4:00pm. The environment is supportive and collaborative. The hardest part of the job is navigating all of the different personalities of the primmer investigators to hospital administrators that you have to work with on a daily basis.
A very quiet place where most of my work went into JIRA, QA, data entry and weekly meetings.
QA Intern/Trainee in Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2018
Most of my day was sitting at my desk, organizing a special spreadsheet full of fake patients and fake records that I had to update or correct. The reason for that was to test out the hospital's mobile site, so I also had to see and learn how everything functioned on the website site and mobile app.My supervisor sent certain JIRA cases to me to figure out what was working or what needed fixing. Occasionally I had to fix some laptops by either resetting them or updating them to current settings. I was allowed to attend Tuesday meetings where I also learned what each team was in charge of and how they organized with each other. The enjoyable part was being able to work peacefully and quietly, whenever I had a question my supervisor made sure I understood everything and so did the rest of the team. I did not find any part of the job hard, although I sometimes did have a lot of downtime.
Pros
I was allowed an hour lunch break where I went to any restaurant near the building, I aslo had a free shuttle ride from and to the train station
Cons
Most of the skills I was made to learn I didn't get to apply here, Updating laptop seemed random and I personally think I was chosen to do so because I was an intern, Some downtime where I wasn't instructed to do anything
Great Organization
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 30, 2018
Was employed for 6 years and was amazed at the hospital's transition during that time. Children's really is an early adopter of innovative employee programs. The day-to-day work is also very fulfilling with interesting patients and cases.
Pros
Cutting edge, employees appreciated, great benefits
Cons
Tough commute, extremely busy
Marketing group
Sr. Manager of CRM/PRM (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 29, 2018
#1 ranked pediatric hospital for 5 years running and mission of the organization is second to none. The community does a great job supporting the organization and the organization is profitable. Getting all necessary stakeholders to point the same direction is a challenge here.
Not the best work environment
Finance analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 28, 2018
The hiring process was sooo chaotic. The communication was so inconsistent and confusing. I finally started and the night mare started. Co-worker's bullying every single day, psychically games of trying to make me leave. When working in cubicles you can imagine how many people can evidence that. Trying to prove that new people can't be better created a toxic environment. The worst part - the manager wasn't doing anything, sometimes was even part of it. Not to talk that part of the conversations were whispered with one of the employees and in their native language with other. It's been close to 6 months and nothing changed. Trying to contact the HR was mission. Hopefully that's not happening in the whole hospital.
A team means not only group of people working close to each other.
Pros
Bullying
Cons
Good benefits, possible working from home
Great place to learn
Outreach and Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 18, 2018
Worked there for 9.5 years. Became chronically sick towards the end of my employment and was not given the proper support; instead was treated poorly. The Hospital itself is one of the Best places to work. My experience changed because I worked for a Program within the Hospital. The Hospital was helpful in assisting me to navigate my case with another staff in dealing with coworker-bullying.

I would however work there all over again, except for the experience at the end it was a great place to be, hence staying there for almost 10 excellent years.
Fast-paced environment
Clinical Research Assistant, CPNEXT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work for individuals who strive under high pressure, like to be on their feet and interacting with patients, doctors and employees of the hospital.
A great place to work to gain experience.
Lead Patient Experience Rep (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2018
Every day is very different, and some days are very busy whether it is dealing with patients and families or doctors and nurses. The one thing learned is how to humble yourself, and show empathy to the patients and families. Some levels of management need to work on their communication and interpersonal skills. For the most part, the culture is ok, but the morale is down low, and if that could change for the better the culture would improve enormously. The hardest part of the job is seeing how sick some of the kids are. The next hardest is trying to progress by moving forward in the organization, and not being able to because you have been there too long, even though one has taken advantage of the tuition reimbursement to complete their education. The most enjoyable part is knowing that families appreciate everything that you do for them.
Benefits
Cons
management
Rewarding yet heartbreaking work
Music Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 7, 2018
Interning at boston children's was wonderful, highly recommend it for anyone looking for clinical internship time. Would've applied if they were hiring! Great staff, the kids are great. However, I worked in neuro and seeing such young kids was pretty emotional at first. Don't let that scare you though, helping them is one of the most rewarding things you'll do!
Disappointing Hiring Practices
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 1, 2018
I was excited to apply and receive an offer of employment for a contracting position at Boston Children’s.

Unfortunately, three days after sending this acceptance, and after I had given notice to my job, they decided to promote someone internally and not offer me any other role in the organization.

I was extremely hurt by the proceedings, and I hope this doesn’t happen to someone else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss