Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Good Experience
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 13, 2018
This was a good way to gain experience in the field and get a foot in the door. Once you have worked here you can make contacts and work in any hospital
Pros
coworkers
Cons
budget cuts
Fantastic group of professionals
Research Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2018
The social work team at BCH is among the most knowledgeable and experienced I have had the honor of working with. Although I was only a volunteer here for a short time, I was blown away by the leadership and their commitment to the children and their families.
Team work
Animal Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 4, 2018
At Children's it's a drama free place to work. Coworkers hepl each other. The management team is somehow help whenever you need them. At Children's they have tuition reimbursement, which is very helpful for the students.
Intern Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 3, 2018
Loved being an intern there. Everyone was nice and helpful. I was an intern for a year and I learned a lot about medics and neuroscience. The hours were very flexible.
Good Entry Level Job
Senior Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 21, 2018
The patient experience positions are good starter jobs right out of college. You will learn a lot about the work place and yourself. Average entry level employee is only expected to stay for about 2 years unless hospital administration is the career end goal.
Boston Childrens hospital
SCHEDULING COORDINATOR I (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 17, 2018
ON a day to day bases its a great place to work. The call center is a tight knit team. I do feel like there needs to be more clarity, more ability to grow.
Great Hospital
Patient Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2018
Children's Hospital has a wonderful mission. I am proud to be part of it. There is not a lot of room for growth if you are a secretary here, but the job itself is wonderful. I just want to go to day shift.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Night Shift
Great mission, poor management.
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 5, 2018
Verbal harassment from senior executives, senior management are clueless in how to retain employees--turnover is high for administrative professionals. Leadership is tremendously top heavy , they cannot get out of their own way.
Pros
The mission, but it won't save them from themselves.
Cons
Verbal harassment, hostile work environment
Great experience!!
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 1, 2018
I love all my colleagues. My supervisor was super supportive and understanding. I love the experience of working in Childrens!! If I got a better degree, there will be more space for my grow as a professional I believe.
Cons
Low salary
Great hospital
Staff (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02115July 30, 2018
It was an honor to have worked for this world- renown institution. I learned a great deal during my time there, which I will forever value! The team work amongst staff is one of the best I've seen and we really were a family, worked together and all did our best to help the sickest of the youngest of our population both in the area and internationally.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
very stressful due to the level of complications of the patients- still overall worth it!
Great place.
Sr. Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 26, 2018
Great place to work. No room for growth. Managers were good. Great benefits and time off. Missed the coworkers and relaxed environment. Good cafeteria food
Sense of purpose felt across all hospital
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2018
There is not doubt that working at Children's gives a sense of purpose no matter your role. I've enjoyed working there and being a part of the community. My one criticism is the lack of advancement in my department. It feels like it's a privilege for us to work there, so there is little effort put in to making sure employees are happy and moving forward in their career.
A great place to develop your expertise
Lead Clinician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2018
Tlhe most enjoyable part of the job would be helping children and families succeed in improving the quality of their lives. Being able to sharpen my tools that I need to be insightful about the position..
Pros
education reimbursement
Cons
no dress down days
Collaborative and inclusive place
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 2, 2018
Being next to harvard med school the hospital has an excellent collaborative culture with access to all kind of specialist and technology. The work space is great and the people is friendly and very helpful.
Pros
Location, interaction with the med school
Cons
high living cost
Better know someone important!
ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 2, 2018
While it is very rewarding to be a part of such a prestigious institution employees a rarely rewarded based on merit. Such a highly ranked hospital should be more competitive with its compensation. Annual increases are limited and below the yearly increase in the cost of living in Boston.
If you hope to move up the ranks, who you know and or are related too play a bigger part then any sort of accomplishments you may have.
Pros
You are helping children around the world
Cons
Leadership
Registered nurse level II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2018
It's the best pediatric hospital in the world. Amazing learning opportunities, areas for growth. We see patients and families from all over the world. I am proud to work there
Good Place to work
Emergency Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2018
This is a great facility to work, the energy and atmosphere is very positive. The patient's are great, and it's a growing facility with great accommodations for employees.
Would not recommend
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 17, 2018
Benefits:
-Salary is not competitive;
-HR policies unclear and outdated;
Workplace Culture:
-Promotion policies are inconsistent and based more on your relationship with management than your actual skills, ability, and performance (primarily in higher hospital positions);
-Reactive culture rather then proactively addressing issues;
-No clear employee development programs for non clinical staff
Pros
transit pass is half off
Cons
Culture, Quality, and Development
Internship
Patient Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 12, 2018
It was a simple internship as a patient assistant helping in the patient resource center. I assisted in managing the room and offering services that it was providing to the parents of children patient's that had extended stays.
Alright Place of work
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 6, 2018
My co-worker made it very hard to comfortably do my job seeing she was an older Caucasian woman and I was a younger African american woman. Diversity.
Pros
Career Advanement
Cons
Diversity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss