Boston Children's Hospital
68Average

Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

United States472 reviews
This hospital has a good receptive staff.
while it is mostly dependent on which department you work in, Overall i think most people that work here want to and enjoy their jobs.
Pros
Great location central to everything
Cons
Great location central to everything
Excellent people doing things for an excellent cause,Utmost professionals, fantastic care and and environment of high availability and DR practices, not just in IT, but clinically as well
It is fair money and benefits . It is great for learning, but the culture is badly toxic. Doctors disrespect the staff , they yell. Most of the time they give the staff unconstructed feedback.
Pros
Good for learning about complex diseases
Cons
Toxic disrespectful culture
If your in the healthcare field, then BCH is a good place to start. They do have a decent 403b plan and ETA. You have to fight to get a promotion or apply to a higher position.
Amazing place to work with the best doctors and supporting staff in the country! If you do not live within the city then commuting to and from work may be difficult. This was the only drawback. Would go back in a heartbeat if my living situation was different.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
BCH does not value their milieu staff at all. They actively made me feel incompetent despite having extensive experience. BCH CBAT management does not value their employees concerns about patients. The climate was very clique-y, there were clearly management favorites and staff that were unfairly targeted. I cannot speak for the inpatient unit but I cannot think of a single good thing to write about CBAT.
Pros
Medical insurance
Cons
I have been at BCH for almost 30 years. I wish it was easier to get to, the commute is a bummer but most of the time worth it.

If I lived in Boston or closer I would never think about leaving. I have many friends and co workers that are truly amazing and I am proud to work with them.
The opportunity to connect with patients and their families was meaningful to me. To understand their stories; where they were coming from and what they were going through.
The hospital hires some of the most intelligent and competent staff that everyday feels like an amazing learning experience. Most people want to help you be the best nurse you can be and it feels like a very supporting environment.
Work/life balance was terrible here. I was expected to exceed expectations but not be paid for overtime.
Compensation here is known as being the lowest in the country, yet they expect you to give 150%. It's very hard to do that when you feel drained and worried about money.

There's no room for employees to meet together face to face and the admin strongly encourage staff meetings to be conducted over phone or skype.

They also want entry levels to have a masters degree and three years of experience, which completely contradicts the term "entry".
The people that I work with are the best it feels like a family here. The day can range from steady to busy based on the population of patients we have on the floor.
I enjoyed working for that company. They treat all employees with respect and without discrimination. I recommend that organization to everyone looking for work.
The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing you helping the kids feel better by the service provided. Donor's blood donations really help the little ones in the hospital.
Commuting into the city is no fun, but working from home helps. Managers are friendly, lots of employees have been employed for more than 10 years, some many more than that.
Pay was not great, but ok for just out of college. Upper management was the biggest downfall to this job. Employees are not treated well at all by management, but at least the physicians are generally nice.
BCH has been good to me so far. There has been support where needed. Hoping BCH looks towards fair equity to compete with other neighboring hospitals to retain talent.
Help maintain a home and work life balance. I am thankful to have a job where I feel that moly’s am important role in someone’s life. I am proud to say I work at Children’s Hospital
Despite meeting most of our department goal for the year quarter in finances we still strive to improve overall department strategy for important performance where we can improve objectives. For instance we missed chance to bring in at least 80% reactivity targets for referrals via phone and fax which we suggested
My ambition always empowered me to push for 100% effort in establishing our mission within department rules and policy which usually result in us reaching that goal or mission.
This hospital has a corporate attitude, and they don't care about their employees. Even after being a loyal employee for 15 years, they treat you like a cog and not a human being. You will probably never feel appreciated no matter how much you go above and beyond.
I was very busy working on multiple projects and support the whole running smoothly. I have learned a lot techniques and how to work in a big team. It was a great experience.
Good place to learn and grow in your nursing career. They train you very well. They highly value nurses. The general nursing culture is very heathy. Good place to work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.