Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Collaborative and inclusive place
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 2, 2018
Being next to harvard med school the hospital has an excellent collaborative culture with access to all kind of specialist and technology. The work space is great and the people is friendly and very helpful.
Pros
Location, interaction with the med school
Cons
high living cost
Better know someone important!
ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 2, 2018
While it is very rewarding to be a part of such a prestigious institution employees a rarely rewarded based on merit. Such a highly ranked hospital should be more competitive with its compensation. Annual increases are limited and below the yearly increase in the cost of living in Boston.
If you hope to move up the ranks, who you know and or are related too play a bigger part then any sort of accomplishments you may have.
Pros
You are helping children around the world
Cons
Leadership
Registered nurse level II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2018
It's the best pediatric hospital in the world. Amazing learning opportunities, areas for growth. We see patients and families from all over the world. I am proud to work there
Good Place to work
Emergency Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2018
This is a great facility to work, the energy and atmosphere is very positive. The patient's are great, and it's a growing facility with great accommodations for employees.
Would not recommend
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 17, 2018
Benefits:
-Salary is not competitive;
-HR policies unclear and outdated;
Workplace Culture:
-Promotion policies are inconsistent and based more on your relationship with management than your actual skills, ability, and performance (primarily in higher hospital positions);
-Reactive culture rather then proactively addressing issues;
-No clear employee development programs for non clinical staff
Pros
transit pass is half off
Cons
Culture, Quality, and Development
Internship
Patient Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 12, 2018
It was a simple internship as a patient assistant helping in the patient resource center. I assisted in managing the room and offering services that it was providing to the parents of children patient's that had extended stays.
Alright Place of work
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 6, 2018
My co-worker made it very hard to comfortably do my job seeing she was an older Caucasian woman and I was a younger African american woman. Diversity.
Pros
Career Advanement
Cons
Diversity
Top children's hospital
Part time on Neonatal ICU (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 24, 2018
The work that providers do at the hospital are world known. Th expertise level and success rate of their procedures and treatments makes you see why they are the best.
Way more cut throat than you'd think for a CHildren's Hospital
Manager of Physician Relations and Outreach (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 21, 2018
Managers are not aligned with the organization's stated priorities. Leadership says things are available to employees but managers don't allow people to take advantage of those things.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
Poor managers
A fast paced office environment
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 19, 2018
Management is always more than happy to help with any problems and walk you through something new that you may feel is new or different to the job. Once you understand your duties they leave you and accept that the job will be done as expected.
Pros
Work independently or as a team depending on situation.
Cons
Commute from CT
Ambulatory Clinic Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2018
BCH is great place to work, people are very committed to the hospital mission. It is a pleasure to work there everyday and if given the opportunity to return i would do so.
Wonderful experience
Practice Liaison Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2018
It was a wonderful experience and the atmosphere at BCH is great. My current position is not what I am looking to do forever and I am looking for the next step in my career.
Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2018
A typical day working for Securitas as a security in Boston Children Hospital. As a security officer I have to be prepared for any calls, alarms, code blues, fire alarms, agitated patients, parents, or anybody that has no business in the area. I learned how to deal with very aggressive personals, how to interact with all type of business persona, and how to always keep busy and staying focus.Management its not all that great because they don`t really take care of their employers fairly. The hardest part of the job is being able to stay alert and on your feet for about 8 hours, being able to keep up with the work and restraining aggressive patients that may hurt you if your not cautious enough. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to put a smile on these kids faces. It makes my day everyday i come into work. it makes me work harder and grow as an individual.
Pros
Fast pace environment
Cons
Poor management
Fulfilling place to work. High acuity and high volume keep you busy. At times rescources can be limited, but your peers are always there to help.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 11, 2018
Boston Children's Hospital was a dream for me to work at. I have watched it change over the years as our programs have grown onto the international stage. It is incredible to see the advances that have been made.
Working with children was always my calling in life. Being able to call myself a nurse at BCH was a source of pride. However, now is such a difficult time to work there. Volume is up. Acuity is up. Construction is ongoing. There never seems to be that downtime to regroup and reset.
I am sure once the construction is done, and more staff is hired things will get better.
I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Top Pediatric hospital in the world. Depths of knowledge is incredible
Cons
Expensive parking, heavy traffic, lots of construction
Great experience for an intern
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 9, 2018
I worked for a healthcare team that develop user facing web application. It was a small team of 4 developers, I was tasked to create a software that minimizes effort to create surveys for their application. It was a great experience working for them.
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 9, 2018
Great place to work with advancement opportunities and growth. Very strict on attendance which is difficult if you have children and other downfall is job locations.
good place
Pediatric Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2018
taught me a lot about compassion and stress management. a great place to learn and further your career. i only left because of the commute. would work there again.
Low stress environment
Cyber Security Analyst - Compliance (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02215April 18, 2018
Work/Life balance is fantastic, but overall pace is a little slow when compared to previous roles I've had. Co-workers are always pleasant and I genuinely like the people who work here.
Nurses are awesome
CCHT (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 10, 2018
My days are extremely busy and the Nurses I work with are amazing. We are all professional and enjoy our jobs. Management can be difficult and the commute is horrible.
Pros
Kids coming back to visit after transplant
Cons
management, commute, no room for growth
Great People. Good for recent graduate student seeking a career in Healthcare
Population Health Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at BCH. People take their job seriously but the atmosphere is not as rigid as other hospitals.

People are very nice and managerial style varied dependent on the department.

There is a lot to learn and BCH si the right place to learn about the different aspects of the healthcare system.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Salary - career Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight