Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Organization
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 30, 2018
Was employed for 6 years and was amazed at the hospital's transition during that time. Children's really is an early adopter of innovative employee programs. The day-to-day work is also very fulfilling with interesting patients and cases.
Pros
Cutting edge, employees appreciated, great benefits
Cons
Tough commute, extremely busy
Marketing group
Sr. Manager of CRM/PRM (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 29, 2018
#1 ranked pediatric hospital for 5 years running and mission of the organization is second to none. The community does a great job supporting the organization and the organization is profitable. Getting all necessary stakeholders to point the same direction is a challenge here.
Not the best work environment
Finance analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 28, 2018
The hiring process was sooo chaotic. The communication was so inconsistent and confusing. I finally started and the night mare started. Co-worker's bullying every single day, psychically games of trying to make me leave. When working in cubicles you can imagine how many people can evidence that. Trying to prove that new people can't be better created a toxic environment. The worst part - the manager wasn't doing anything, sometimes was even part of it. Not to talk that part of the conversations were whispered with one of the employees and in their native language with other. It's been close to 6 months and nothing changed. Trying to contact the HR was mission. Hopefully that's not happening in the whole hospital.
A team means not only group of people working close to each other.
Pros
Bullying
Cons
Good benefits, possible working from home
Great place to learn
Outreach and Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 18, 2018
Worked there for 9.5 years. Became chronically sick towards the end of my employment and was not given the proper support; instead was treated poorly. The Hospital itself is one of the Best places to work. My experience changed because I worked for a Program within the Hospital. The Hospital was helpful in assisting me to navigate my case with another staff in dealing with coworker-bullying.

I would however work there all over again, except for the experience at the end it was a great place to be, hence staying there for almost 10 excellent years.
Fast-paced environment
Clinical Research Assistant, CPNEXT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work for individuals who strive under high pressure, like to be on their feet and interacting with patients, doctors and employees of the hospital.
A great place to work to gain experience.
Lead Patient Experience Rep (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2018
Every day is very different, and some days are very busy whether it is dealing with patients and families or doctors and nurses. The one thing learned is how to humble yourself, and show empathy to the patients and families. Some levels of management need to work on their communication and interpersonal skills. For the most part, the culture is ok, but the morale is down low, and if that could change for the better the culture would improve enormously. The hardest part of the job is seeing how sick some of the kids are. The next hardest is trying to progress by moving forward in the organization, and not being able to because you have been there too long, even though one has taken advantage of the tuition reimbursement to complete their education. The most enjoyable part is knowing that families appreciate everything that you do for them.
Benefits
Cons
management
Rewarding yet heartbreaking work
Music Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 7, 2018
Interning at boston children's was wonderful, highly recommend it for anyone looking for clinical internship time. Would've applied if they were hiring! Great staff, the kids are great. However, I worked in neuro and seeing such young kids was pretty emotional at first. Don't let that scare you though, helping them is one of the most rewarding things you'll do!
Disappointing Hiring Practices
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 1, 2018
I was excited to apply and receive an offer of employment for a contracting position at Boston Children’s.

Unfortunately, three days after sending this acceptance, and after I had given notice to my job, they decided to promote someone internally and not offer me any other role in the organization.

I was extremely hurt by the proceedings, and I hope this doesn’t happen to someone else.
Another great place to work
PB Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 30, 2018
It’s very expensive to live in Boston. I’m blessed with good management and good people to work with. I have to leave for very personal/family reasons.
Do not wish to comment
Senior Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 26, 2018
I don't feel comfortable filling this out. I am working at Children's and do not want to fill out this review. I like working here but there is no room for advancement.
No future
Senior Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 25, 2018
In my 11 years employed at bch it was great the first year then down hill. I started at the finance department nice and dandy quarterly bonuses the moral was great. Then they did a reorganization hired all kinds of different people with no kind of experience... then I decided to look within the hospital for other job... now I’m at the specialty clinic which is no different same management just different people which makes it a little better.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Short breaks, pay, benefits and no growth opportunities
Amazing Mission with World's Best Pediatric Caregivers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 18, 2018
A privilege to work side by side with some of the most talent, most compassionate, most intelligent pediatric caregivers on earth who change lives and work miracles daily. As a mission-drive place, there was always more work than resources were available to put toward it, but everyone was super talented and highly committed and hard working.
Pros
mission clarity and impact
Cons
erratic employment policies, budgeting, and career planning
Good Experience
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 13, 2018
This was a good way to gain experience in the field and get a foot in the door. Once you have worked here you can make contacts and work in any hospital
Pros
coworkers
Cons
budget cuts
Fantastic group of professionals
Research Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2018
The social work team at BCH is among the most knowledgeable and experienced I have had the honor of working with. Although I was only a volunteer here for a short time, I was blown away by the leadership and their commitment to the children and their families.
Team work
Animal Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 4, 2018
At Children's it's a drama free place to work. Coworkers hepl each other. The management team is somehow help whenever you need them. At Children's they have tuition reimbursement, which is very helpful for the students.
Intern Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 3, 2018
Loved being an intern there. Everyone was nice and helpful. I was an intern for a year and I learned a lot about medics and neuroscience. The hours were very flexible.
Good Entry Level Job
Senior Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 21, 2018
The patient experience positions are good starter jobs right out of college. You will learn a lot about the work place and yourself. Average entry level employee is only expected to stay for about 2 years unless hospital administration is the career end goal.
Boston Childrens hospital
SCHEDULING COORDINATOR I (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 17, 2018
ON a day to day bases its a great place to work. The call center is a tight knit team. I do feel like there needs to be more clarity, more ability to grow.
Great Hospital
Patient Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2018
Children's Hospital has a wonderful mission. I am proud to be part of it. There is not a lot of room for growth if you are a secretary here, but the job itself is wonderful. I just want to go to day shift.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Night Shift
Great mission, poor management.
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 5, 2018
Verbal harassment from senior executives, senior management are clueless in how to retain employees--turnover is high for administrative professionals. Leadership is tremendously top heavy , they cannot get out of their own way.
Pros
The mission, but it won't save them from themselves.
Cons
Verbal harassment, hostile work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss