Boston College Employee Reviews

Poor place to work. Toxic
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MANovember 17, 2018
complete chaos , If management only knew the waste. Oh ya they do. Years of neglect . Poor students and parents. If you want to do good job and work hard , Its not the place .
Pros
Informative and fun place to work for
Maintenance Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2018
This company has a great workplace culture, very knowledgeable management, very enjoyable place to work for, not to mention great benefits for employees
Pros
great employee benefits (free education, great health plan, great pay)
Cons
crazy hours sometimes
Work environment ok
Administrative Assistant/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAOctober 9, 2018
Good benefits. OK place to work. A lot of long time employees I presume due to the benefits. Generally it is a good place to work however some employees are set in there ways and resistant to change.
Pros
Free tuition for employee and children
Cons
Salaries are low
there is no typical day @ B C
Lead custodian (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 8, 2018
taking attendance of the work crews & insuring that all areas of the campus are fully staffed . In my 16 years I have learned how to receive the most potential from the work crews by ensuring a safe & pleasant work envirement by providig everything they need to perform & complete their duties in a timely manner .
Pros
seeing the sense of accomplishment from the workers
Cons
none . B C . is a great place to work
I enjoyed the semester job
Administrative Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 7, 2018
My professor and mentor was very beneficial to me . she was consistently keeping me involved .I was the youngest of all the students there .It was great to get me out of my shell .
Great place for an hourly employee
Culinary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 13, 2018
The benefits given at Boston College are some that cannot be beat. From tuition remission, health and dental, 401K and 401b, free tuition for family members after 5 years working there. The people are great to work with however at times it can be extremely rigorous.
Pros
Free meals, 2-30 minute breaks
Cons
early and late hours, open 7 days a week
Bc is a fun and fast pace work environment. I have met great people from all over the world. The experience is wonderful lots of opportunities to tak
Baker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 2, 2018
Bc is a fun and fast pace work environment I have met great people from all over the world the experience was wonderful lots of opportunities to take classes for no cost and your children can go with free tuition as employees receive this benefit
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
Commute time
Limited in Scope
Interim Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAAugust 29, 2018
I was 1/2 time interim Episcopal chaplain at a Jesuit University. I served under the office overseeing non-RC ministries, which was very supportive. Most of my time was spent though off campus meeting in public spaces like coffee shops with students, one on one.
Pros
Great energy.
Cons
Location of BC off beaten path
good place to work
Security Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAAugust 20, 2018
Boston College allowed me to go back school. Nothing negative to say about working here. Great working environment and people work are kind and helpful
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
not much
Excellent people, highly collaborative, great culture
Head of Library Systems (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAAugust 6, 2018
I've been working for the Boston College Libraries for three years. I've worked at several other Universities in the Boston area and BC is the best so far! The BC Library is a place where you can make innovation happen, take on new challenges, and work with fantastic people. It is a great medium-sized, well-funded institution that is big enough to take on innovative projects, but not so big that you get bogged down in bureaucracy. The management team is excellent - forward thinking and supportive. I recommend BC highly!
Pros
Great team of people - smart, enthusiastic, and creative
Cons
Long commute - the B line is super slow!
Working at the Slavic Department was great
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJuly 27, 2018
As a graduate student I got a job as a Front Desk administrator. Working at the Slavic department was great! Everyone was friendly and collaborative. The schedule was flexible.
Fun
Fencing Student Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJune 6, 2018
Working with my teammates to make the community a better place is always fun. plus i get to work with my teammates outside of the season and help kids learn about school
Concessions (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAMay 24, 2018
This is the best place to work! The managers are so accommodating with hours and schedules. My coworkers are great and it's such a great atmosphere and environment to work in.
Great work environment
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAMay 16, 2018
I work with great people. The office is quiet, usually myself and a coworker. However, the research being conducted in the labs is exciting, and it is nice to be part of the academia atmosphere.
surrounded by good people
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2018
I only have worked at BC as a student and I think it's great BC offers so many jobs to their students. It's a great way for me to make money on my own and still feel independent.
Old school management
Graduate Assistant - RTAC (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2018
University is a culture of sticking with the status quo. They need to update some policies and procedures. Need to be more student centered and need to look at learning outcomes.
This was a safe and productive atmosphere
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2018
This was a very nice place to work in. The position brought me into contact with a lot of students and faculty of the school. I also had the opportunity to make copies of pages from rare materials.
Pros
I feel the setting was enjoyable
Cons
It was a very slow moving job
No comment
Part-time Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAApril 14, 2018
I decline to review this position.
I really do decline, so stop asking me!
Not going to do it, so give up already. You can keep trying, but I am not going to do it.
fun
Student Helper (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MA 02467April 10, 2018
I was a student helper in the kitchen staff! A day at work will be to make sure that everything is in place and that we not running out of anything for the cooks.
great place to learn
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAApril 4, 2018
Boston College is a jesuit university dedicated to professional and personal development. It is a great community to be a part of and provides a fantastic teaching/ learning environment for students and staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight