Boston Consulting Group

Boston Consulting Group insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things

Excellent Consulting firm which correlated with jobs I would want in the future

I learned how the firm works and the importance of adhering to the needs of clients. Found it very challenging and intimidating at times but its a position I definitely will be looking at in the future.

Stressful

Admin roles are extremely underpaid for the amount fo work. The workload that comes with assisting 9 people can be overwhelming at times and the amount of work we do isn't reflected in pay. However, the job as a lot of perks and amazing benefits that you probably won't find at a lot of places.

Pros

perks, bonuses, benefits

Cons

stressful, heavy workload

Excellent company culture

You work with nothing but the best at BCG. Hours can be tough but that's what you sign up for. You build an network of incredibly intelligent and personable people that'll go on to do exciting things!!!

Fast-paced client services

With the right team and clients, this can be a great gig. The comp is great and you have a clear path to continue developing. Find yourself a team that you enjoy working with that will support you & you will be spared from the worst of office and tribal politics. Has gotten tougher in zoom as many of the perks have gone away.

Pros

Comp, career structure, team environment (pre-covid)

Cons

Long & unpredictable hours, high travel, constant evaluation

Very employee friendly

BCG is excellent when it comes to taking care of its employees. Of course, some politics exists like in any other company. However, for most parts, the people are very inclusive/supportive and the benefits are truly awesome. Great culture!

Pros

Culture, benefits

Cons

Work life balance can be sometimes hard. Career growth can sometimes be stagnant

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Great Company but low pay for non-consultants

BCG is a great company and has excellent benefits and culture. But if you're not a consultant, you'll be underpaid and advancements takes a while. Better to come in as a manager to get a high salary or boomerang if still would like to work at BCG.

Pros

Culture and benefits

Cons

Pay (Non-consultant

Sharp contrast to last consulting environment

I transitioned to BCG from a large, publicy-owned consulting firm where I was also in a strategy consulting role.Virtually everything about BCG is concretely better than my experience at my previous employer. The two most visible differences to me are (1) how strongly the firm's values are demonstrated and how openly leadership discusses both their successes and where they're still working to improve, and (2) the willingness for projects to pay for reports or services to avoid grunt work and emphasize the "thinking" side of consulting. Both of these stand in sharp contrast to my prior role.The current staffing model for North America is the only drawback I've seen, as not all staffers do their part of the job very effectively. That said, I have every confidence that feedback on this is being heard and that things will improve.

Pros

Generally interesting projects, management, great pay, great benefits, great offices...etc...

Cons

Culture varies a lot office to office, staffing model change is a hopefully-temporary hiccup, hours can be aggressive but no more so than other firms

Great benefits, but pay is low for a business support role

Great benefits like $5 co-pays with company paying all premiums for you and all dependents 100% but the pay is low for a administrative assistant role. The benefits seem like golden handcuffs.But I think it has best work life balance compared to other admin or EA roles at other companies. It depends on who you support though.

Pros

$5 copay and no deductible and paid premiums for health, vision, and dental, lots of learning opportunity, free LinkedIn learning, nice coworkers

Cons

There is a divide in treatment of consultants vs business support staff. Getting better during Covid, but still there are benefits to be on the consulting side, admins severely underpaid for the amount of work they get, management is not really transparent about decisions and promotion track etc

Arrogant culture

Work is great that you learn a lot of both hard and soft skills. Also great exposure as you get to meet high-rank managers that you'd never have the chance to otherwise. But everyone knows that they're smart and often is arrogant

Great experience

One of the best place to work, I learn a lot about e-commerce, UX designing, and integrate 3D designing with web development. I worked with great people and thanks you for the opportunity...

Good job, but tough

Relatively long hours and high workload, but good opportunities and benefits. Work can vary widely depending on the project or set of managers - need to be flexible.

Amazing company!

Great company with amazing benefits! Leadership is also extremely inclusive. They keep their employees needs at the forefront. Couldn’t find a better company!

great place to work

great place to work. you will work hard and won't have a great lifestyle but you are well compensated and will learn a lot. exit opps are abundant. was very happy

It was over before I knew it…

BCG is a fantastic company to work for. I’ve never worked at a business that was so focused on their employee’s happiness and well-being.Unfortunately, my time there was short-lived. The company restructured to be 100% AgileWorks, and we had another team rolled into the one I was on. This made the team “top-heavy” in several roles, and cuts had to be made. I would have really liked to have stayed, but it didn’t work out that way.If offered the opportunity to return, I would jump at the chance.

Pros

Very employee centric, with both compensation, and moral boosting

Cons

My only con is that my tenure there was very short due to restructuring

Overall I am satisfied with the work environment. A lot of smart people and a lot of interesting ideas to explore. BCG has a culture of work hard and play hard.

Pros

value creation focus, No-nonsense culture, a fun place to work

Cons

Work-life balance is not so great.

Great place to work!

Great company that is working on some of the most interesting problems on the earth. Super smart coworkers. Really great managers that are always looking for ways to help you develop. Best perks (pre-COVID) when traveling were really great.

Pros

Expenses, events, teamwork

Cons

Wlb

BCG has a lot to offer in terms of helping its employees grow and become the best that they can be. Yes, there is a ping pong table, but there are also a plethora of very intelligent and collaborative humans to play with.

Variable work-life balance, good pay, great people

Busy during the week, 60+ hours, but weekends and vacation days are largely protected. Find a good group of people and stick to them. In general some of the brightest and most competent people to work with, def the highlight.

Pros

Good pay, good brand reputation

Cons

Amazing people and learning, poor WLB

BCG is truly a great place to work IF you can accept the fact that work will consume most of your day during the week. The people are smart and caring, I’ve had plenty of interesting projects and opportunities to learn and grow professionally. Excellent health insurance. However, WLB is poor despite many efforts from leadership.

Pros

Culture, benefits, people, professional growth

Cons

Wlb, hours

Best company I ever worked for. A bit less politically correctness wouldn't hurt

Worked in 6 different companies before and this is the first time I feel a sense of belonging. Employees are greatly appreciated, job is interesting,, amazing work-environment and pay and benefits are top notch. The only downsides are that some of the MD Partners act like spoiled kids and that the decision making process for anything not related to consulting can be very lenghty

Pros

Brand name, work environment, great pay and benefits

Cons

Slow decision making process, ay too much politically correct

Great place for development

Very fast-paced environment but it's worth it as you develop much faster than you would elsewhere. People are very collaborative and the company has the best benefits in the country probably.

Pros

$0 premium $5 copay healthcare, Development opportunities

Cons

Wlb

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Consulting Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

85%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

83%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss