Boston IVF

Boston IVF Employee Reviews

United States26 reviews
The management I was under was underqualified and knew little if nothing of sterile techniques,safety etc. Nor did they know how to manage, schedule , lead or handle staff in a professional manner. The morale was always low you were made to work without breaks and there are no properly trained ancillary staff. It's a ticking timebomb. The upside there were a few hardworking peers. Benefits were pretty good . I left and am not sorry I did
When I got hired it was a new position and i was excited to work in the finance department. After i was told by my recruiter that I would ly have to work a few weekends after working a full week o was ok with that. When I started I was also told that of i had a previous obligations that my manager was very flexible. On my first week I told her I had plans my manager didn't say anything and I assumed she was ok with it. The next week she didn't so I assumed it was ok. The next week she ignored fme for the entire week and on Friday i got fired. She was very unprofessional and very unapproachable as she could have easily said she needed me. This place is run like a kindergarten school and the manager should be fired as she has no business managing anyone.
Cons
Great place to work. Supportive management. Many positive changes, especially in staffing. Has become a positive and fun working environment. Super busy fertility center. Patients are great. Coworkers are great.
When you ask for help you don’t get it. Make sure you document all your work because anything the nurses do will fall back on you. Poor communication. The nurses make a lot of mistake and then blame whoever they can to cover themselves
I worked there for a few years, they are really dedicated to their patients however, to much office drama and the focus needs to be on the patients. I still keep in touch with some of that staff and it seems that has changed. My only concern is that i was on maternity leave and when i was supposed to come back i had no position. I wish anyone the best that would apply there overall i had a good experience
Leave a review. Help people like you.
awful horrible very sad and petty work place.
so sad grown women are not supportive and kind to one another

jealousy all time high negative energy worst work place
Pros
donuts on friday
Cons
accupuncture
No back up from anyone! The Supervisors are lazy and and really don’t do much of anything besides talk and complain about staff members. So there is always a lot of turnaround with staff, who quit or they fire.
Pros
Hour for lunch was abt it
Cons
Supervisors are useless and lazy
I was very excited to begin working for Boston IVF. I spent 6 weeks away from my family only home on weekends so I could go to “training” the training was me sitting watching someone else work. After being on my own for roughly 8 weeks I was called into the regional managers office and let go with zero warning. I had never called in never been late , never received a work review or verbal/written warning of any kind for any reason. When i reached out to HR, my supervisor who was located in another state and the CFO who hired me I received no response from anyone. Very unprofessional. After I was gone i was told by others that they aren’t replacing my position. So it seems to me the company was trying to cut costs by cutting my position. I would have more respect for them if they were up front about it.
Pros
The pay, the hours
Cons
Management, poor training, no job security
This is a great overall place to work. I think that management really cares about their employees and it shows. Who still has a holiday party anymore?!?!? We do! With amazing gifts given away and lunches throughout the year. Employee summer flings are fun. Bonuses at the end of the year are an awesome surprise. The only thing is that the departments are a little separate and don't spend too much time together. More focus on making the company one cohesive team - rather than every man or woman for themselves.
Pros
People that work here are great.
Probably one of the worst places to work. They favor their favorites, they treat their patients as numbers and dollar signs. The management has no respect or empathy for most of their employees or if you have a personal issue unless you are one of the "chosen ones"in their group then they will go out of their way to help you. They also only refer to their employee handbook and rules /regulations on a pick and choose basis. Some people get let go for some stuff and another one gets rewarded for doing the same thing. Most of the physicians are nice but there are ones who treat you as though you are nothing even though you are college educated and because they are a physician they are "gods".
Pros
You get a pay check most of the time
Cons
The billing department is full of great kind people. The billing manager is very kind and great to work with. The billing manager is also very fair and works very hard to make sure all work is spread as evenly between employees as possible. There are times when work can be a little overwhelming but if you speak up there is always someone who can help. Hearing all the patients stories of how this company helped them fulfill their dream of having a child is totally worth it!
Most staff are jealous petty liars. Managers favor who lie and who are phony. Disrespectful billing dept that place is horrible. I hope they get shut down asap! Admins are phony petty. Managers are horrible, front desk liars sneaky petty.
Pros
Free donuts and bagels on Friday
Cons
Boston IVF is a very fast paced and busy IVF office. The practice is always growing. Recently merged with IVF New England. Monday through Friday job with occasional weekends.
Most of the people in Boston IVF are nice. You do get an occassional manager that favors employees and you can see how that goes- I was a temp. moved on due to the favoring
Comment – April 4, 2017
good luck in this place. I see what this post means now, wish I had seen it sooner
I hope you enjoy the job you got hired for, because there is no chance for advancement. However, they are more than happy to shuffle upper management around to make sure they have a job still (for example, the former HR person has been at various times the nursing manager and embryology department manager). Most of the lower level employees are nice enough, but there is next to no accountability amongst them, as they are all too willing to pass off work. But, at least as one other commenter posted, you get either bagels or donuts every Friday. Unless you plan on using them as a stepping stone for 6-12 months, I don't recommend them.
Pros
Free bagels/donuts every Friday
Cons
Expensive benefits with little to no options, accrued PTO, little to no advancement opportunities
Great company. Great people to work with. My job represented the next logical step in my currier. I always enjoyed taking on next challenges,taking my skills learned in small company and applied them to specific functions in larger firms. Identifying inter-company's transactions, creating and booking journal entries for it, was another challenge.
I learned a lot working at Boston IVF. The people are always helpful and great to work with. Not only are they understanding, but they go the extra mile for each other. Working in A/P I would process high-volume invoices and prepare them for payment. The daily lockboxes and missing money were part of the job too. The most enjoyable part of the job is that fact I was always happy to be there. The hardest part of the job is when something does not match up, but in this company everyone is always happy to help.
Pros
great people, very nice to employees
The software was very user friendly and easy to learn.
Free coffee and breakfast every Friday. Colleagues in my department which consisted of 2 were not friendly which made the job hard. At times I felt I was bullied. The work itself was simple and non challenging. I enjoyed taking calls from patient's.
Pros
free breakfast every Friday
Cons
the commute entailed a lot of traffic, No flexibility in schedule, Had to work the hours they told you to
I was a contract worker that was hired than laid off within two weeks. Lacking job security, but a nice place to work. Pay was ok, but it took awhile to receive my pay.
Pros
Good location, nice people
Cons
Job security
I work per diem at Boston IVF. I love working here! My manager is great. I work one weekend a month and every Monday. I am learning so much about OR nursing, something I have not done before.
A typical day at work can be extremely busy. Anxious patients understandably so.

I've learned a lot about the female anatomy and how difficult it can be to conceive and/or carry a baby.

Communication between management could be better.

I have a great relationship with my co-workers their awesome.

The hardest part of the job is seeing good people trying to conceive and not having any success.

The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing all the success stories and having patients share pictures their miracles with us or returning back to try again.