Boston IVF Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Dont work there
Lab (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 15, 2017
Probably one of the worst places to work. They favor their favorites, they treat their patients as numbers and dollar signs. The management has no respect or empathy for most of their employees or if you have a personal issue unless you are one of the "chosen ones"in their group then they will go out of their way to help you. They also only refer to their employee handbook and rules /regulations on a pick and choose basis. Some people get let go for some stuff and another one gets rewarded for doing the same thing. Most of the physicians are nice but there are ones who treat you as though you are nothing even though you are college educated and because they are a physician they are "gods".
Pros
You get a pay check most of the time
Fast paced and rewarding
Billing (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 14, 2017
The billing department is full of great kind people. The billing manager is very kind and great to work with. The billing manager is also very fair and works very hard to make sure all work is spread as evenly between employees as possible. There are times when work can be a little overwhelming but if you speak up there is always someone who can help. Hearing all the patients stories of how this company helped them fulfill their dream of having a child is totally worth it!
Horrible racist jealousy negative environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 22, 2017
Most staff are jealous petty liars. Managers favor who lie and who are phony. Disrespectful billing dept that place is horrible. I hope they get shut down asap! Admins are phony petty. Managers are horrible, front desk liars sneaky petty.
Pros
Free donuts and bagels on Friday
manager favors employees
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 6, 2017
Most of the people in Boston IVF are nice. You do get an occassional manager that favors employees and you can see how that goes- I was a temp. moved on due to the favoring

Comment – April 4, 2017

good luck in this place. I see what this post means now, wish I had seen it sooner

Poor management with little growth potential
Financial services (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 19, 2016
I hope you enjoy the job you got hired for, because there is no chance for advancement. However, they are more than happy to shuffle upper management around to make sure they have a job still (for example, the former HR person has been at various times the nursing manager and embryology department manager). Most of the lower level employees are nice enough, but there is next to no accountability amongst them, as they are all too willing to pass off work. But, at least as one other commenter posted, you get either bagels or donuts every Friday. Unless you plan on using them as a stepping stone for 6-12 months, I don't recommend them.
Pros
Free bagels/donuts every Friday
Cons
Expensive benefits with little to no options, accrued PTO, little to no advancement opportunities
Productive and fun place to work.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 25, 2016
Great company. Great people to work with. My job represented the next logical step in my currier. I always enjoyed taking on next challenges,taking my skills learned in small company and applied them to specific functions in larger firms. Identifying inter-company's transactions, creating and booking journal entries for it, was another challenge.
Awesome Place to Work for
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 25, 2016
I learned a lot working at Boston IVF. The people are always helpful and great to work with. Not only are they understanding, but they go the extra mile for each other. Working in A/P I would process high-volume invoices and prepare them for payment. The daily lockboxes and missing money were part of the job too. The most enjoyable part of the job is that fact I was always happy to be there. The hardest part of the job is when something does not match up, but in this company everyone is always happy to help.
Pros
great people, very nice to employees
busy fertility clinic
Charge Entry/Payment poster/customer service (Former Employee) –  Waltham MAJuly 6, 2015
The software was very user friendly and easy to learn.
Free coffee and breakfast every Friday. Colleagues in my department which consisted of 2 were not friendly which made the job hard. At times I felt I was bullied. The work itself was simple and non challenging. I enjoyed taking calls from patient's.
Pros
free breakfast every Friday
Cons
the commute entailed a lot of traffic, No flexibility in schedule, Had to work the hours they told you to
Contract
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 10, 2015
I was a contract worker that was hired than laid off within two weeks. Lacking job security, but a nice place to work. Pay was ok, but it took awhile to receive my pay.
Pros
Good location, nice people
Cons
Job security
per diem
Fertility Nurse (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEFebruary 16, 2015
I work per diem at Boston IVF. I love working here! My manager is great. I work one weekend a month and every Monday. I am learning so much about OR nursing, something I have not done before.

Want to know more about Boston IVF?

Ask a question
Great Center where they help people to conceive
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 19, 2014
A typical day at work can be extremely busy. Anxious patients understandably so.

I've learned a lot about the female anatomy and how difficult it can be to conceive and/or carry a baby.

Communication between management could be better.

I have a great relationship with my co-workers their awesome.

The hardest part of the job is seeing good people trying to conceive and not having any success.

The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing all the success stories and having patients share pictures their miracles with us or returning back to try again.
Internship/Student (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 7, 2013
Learned how to do scheduling, post payments, work with health insurance companies
Pros
Productive and professional medical environment
Surigical and Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  WalthamMay 5, 2013
Boston IVF is the leading In Vitro fertilization medical facilities. It is a productive and professional medical environment with abilities to succeed in any position given.
Exciting place to work
IVF Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 15, 2012
Exciting field to work, but stressful. Cutting edge in this field.
Job is stressful due to turn around time in dealing with insurance and patients demands. The best time is when that pregnancy test is positive after all the hard work.
Boston IVF was a wonderful work experience.
Staff Nurse & IVF COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 3, 2012
Typically a very busy infertility practise on a daily basis. Constantly learning new information and procedures.
The hardest part of the job was having to call a patient with negative pregnancy results.
Pros
you meet many nice people.
Cons
no overtime for salaried workers that frequently worked beyond 9 to 5.
Learning about IVF was very enjoyable.
Coordinator Assistant, Clerical (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 2, 2012
Boston IVF was a very interesting job. I loved my job.
It was always very busy and I learned a whole lot while I worked there. I also made a two person job into one. It was busy but that's what I like.
As far as my co-workers there were a few good people but for the most part you had to be in a click. I was even warned. So it kind of made for a hard time working there. I believe the hardest part of the job was the co-workers and getting them to get the proper consents in on time so that the patients did not have to worry and there charts were all made up.
I was use to working as a team player and that was not the case here.
Most enjoyable part of the job was to know that the patients got the best care possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston IVF. Our community is ready to answer.