Boston Market Employee Reviews

Great Environment with people
Cashier/Catering Driver (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 21, 2018
I learned so much at Boston Market. I learned that I am great with customer service. Always complete my duties as a cashier or as a catering driver. I leaned to make sure my customers are highly satisfied before they leave the building.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Slow days
great job place and very competitive
carver utility (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJanuary 19, 2018
Ive learned alote since ive been there and i am currently learning more the managers are very nice and good at understanding it may take time to learn and progress in the company. There is no hard part of the day it is what you make it. we serve food that even grandmoms and moms would be proud of and put a smile on. the best of the day is when customers come in and we make them feel at home. we work to make the customer happy and feel like there at home
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Not an ideal job not room for advancement very poor standards
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 19, 2018
Boston Market in my eyes is a company to work for part time to pay some extra bills. There is no culture or energy in boston market. they need a better trying program to train employee's and manager's.
Pros
Having a job, Gaining experience
Cons
Poor standards, Boston Market as a company is stagnant.
Great Place for a First Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Boston Market was a very fun and positive place to work, hours are flexible, and the pay is very good. I'd recommend this type of work for anyone who is just entering the job field, and those that would like to learn how to portray themselves in the work place. The staff is very friendly and helpful, as long as you are willing to work you will have a great time.
Pros
50% off food, Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Can get stressful on holidays
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 16, 2018
I actually enjoyed my time at Boston markets it was a shared learning experience for myself . Only thing that would have helped them improve was their consistancy with a lot when it was done correctly.
January 17, 2018

Your review made us smile! We can tell you’re someone who embraces our vision, mission, and values at Boston Market. Thank you for sharing your insight and keep up the great work.

It was a good job
Server (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 15, 2018
it was a fast paced job that i liked and he management was good. We made sure the customer get what they came for and we made sure we did our job effectively and efficiently.
Pros
Co workers were cooperative
Cons
Not enough hours
January 17, 2018

We’re glad to hear that working at Boston Market was such a positive experience for you. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Great first job experience!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2018
I worked with 2 of my best friends, so my experience was rather fun. The customers in my area were often patient and kind, so I have no complaints on that. The staff was also genuine and fun to work around.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No Cons
January 17, 2018

Thank you for your great review! We love hearing you’ve had such a positive experience working at Boston Market. It is people like you that make Boston Market a great place to work!

I Liked It
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2018
Great people you would be working with, easy job duties and definitely not stressful. Good quality of food and great customers, just as long as you are kind and have good customer service.
January 17, 2018

first job ever, worst experience.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Boston market was my very first job and was the worst job thus far, They never let me take a break and they never worked around my schedule. I was part time but was working full time hours and the training was really bad.
Pros
5 minutes away from home.
Cons
pay was low and overworked
January 17, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, we’re committed to creating a comfortable and collaborative environment for employees so we’re disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We value and consider all feedback and we will take your feedback into consideration.

Not the best, not the worst job on earth!
Food Server/Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYJanuary 14, 2018
My brief experience at Boston Market for the Thanksgiving [2017] holiday was okay but not the best nor worst job out there. I prefer working at KFC over Boston Market and it seems like the manager became upset when I didn't learn fast enough (I have a learning disability) or saw me speaking to one of my former colleagues or asking them a work related question. I doubt I'd be back at Boston Market anytime soon, unless last resort.
Pros
Customers
Cons
No meal discount when off on your days off, lack of hours, can't wear nail polish (I understand it's for health reasons/concerns, etc.)
January 17, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’re sorry to hear your experience was mixed. We take all feedback into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve.

Dish washer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 14, 2018
This was a good job for starters. Good pay flexible schedule good co workers good staff and management. The experience was good and I would recommend this for a first time job

Nice fast-food restaurant
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJanuary 12, 2018
Close family type environment. The employees work to help each other out to make it through service. Management supplies the tools and resources to grow for those interested.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
working holidays
January 17, 2018

Thank you for your review! We love hearing you’ve had such a positive experience working at Boston Market. It is people like you that make Boston Market a great place to work!

Good starting point
Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 11, 2018
All in all working for Boston market was a educating one. I'd recommend working for Boston market as a starting point for first timers working there first job. It's not overwhelming but does challenge you. Just enough employees to experience working with different types of people as well as be educated more efficiently on labor laws and inner workings of the system implented in hopes for success.
January 17, 2018

Poor management and lack of preparation
Carver (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Great food, but managers spent too much time arguing than fixing issues such as late catering orders. Employees and a couple managers were nice, but work became stressful when the store was packed. Managers would get in the way of workers and/or rush them, sometimes would push them out of the way and make them go do a different job. Very rude management.

pretty fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 9, 2018
can get very busy and stressful but you're surrounded by coworkers so it's hard to mess up. good job training and flexible scheduling. food is always excellently taken care of and everything is easy to clean.
Pros
free luch
Cons
rushes
January 11, 2018

Very high paced serious job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 9, 2018
i enjoy the job and people i work with but i just dont get many hours and i need more.
A typical day at work is moer stressful and busy during the summer and slows down more in the winter.
Ive learned to be very patient with people and how to manage myself better.
The hardest part of the job would definitely have to be the customer because they can reallly work you up sometimes.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other people i eventually became very close with.
Pros
Break time
Cons
No overtime
January 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We can tell you’re someone who embraces our vision, mission, and values at Boston Market. Thank you for sharing your insight and keep up the great work.

stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJanuary 9, 2018
very poor management. always running out of chicken and meatloaf. they managers don't care and have regular associates deal with the angry customers wouldn't recommend
Pros
50% off food
Cons
everything else

Worst Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Would never work here again rude staff rude customers just bad overall experience. The work place wasn't organize and managers were never around. Employees would have to run shifts while managers just walked around doing absolutely nothing.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Worst company
January 9, 2018

Good place to work nice people very fast pace at times
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Its a good place to work with nice people and you get to serve and make good food. Its agood place to work for students or if your just supporting yourself but the wages are kind of tough when you have kids and other bills to pay. There is room for growth for most individuals.
Pros
Good people and fast pace makes the time fly by.
Cons
Working plenty of days and still not get forty hours
January 8, 2018

Amazing place to work
HR Contractor (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 5, 2018
This was a very busy department within Boston Market, but with the help I provided, it allowed my superiors an opportunity to teach me new things and how to process information. It was a very educational work place and everyone is there to support you. The culture is almost a family, and one that you quickly become a part of.
Pros
free food often, amazing workplace kitchen, for full time employees they have a gym onsite.
Cons
n/a
January 8, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9