Boston Market Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,470 reviews matching the search See all 1,472 reviews
Upper mgmt sucked
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 18, 2018
The managers that don't work in the store are the ones that left a bad taste in my mouth. They had no care for employees. There was no structure. Chaotic mess.
I also worked at one in Hallendale Beach Florida during a Christmas Break in college and they served chicken off the floor that fell and it was nasty place.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else
Bad workplace with no benefits
Team member (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAAugust 17, 2018
No time off; paid minimum wage, poor working conditions, poor group criteria. There were many instances where i would request a day off for health issues and it was not granted to me.
Nice place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 17, 2018
My typical day at work would involve a fast place positive environment. I learned how to communicate with customers and remember several orders and have the customer service needed to work in service.
good company to learn and grow with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2018
I stayed 13 years with them and grew and learned a lot. They went through a bankruptcy and was sold to Mcdonalds. They closed a lot of stores and I was afraid they would shut down.
Sucks
Dishwasher/Server (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTAugust 14, 2018
Everything there sucks. People suck. Manager suck. They all have snobby attitude towards each other and talk down on each other it's like highschool in there.
Great business
Server (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIAugust 13, 2018
Very clean work environment great management the food is always fresh communication is great between all coworkers, family-oriented facility great all the way around =)
Pros
Great team, organized
Cons
No cons
Collabarative
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 13, 2018
Cutter carver//Cashier/Dishwasher was my job. Lived on my own without a B.A. Rode my bicycle to work in Oakland, CA. Had no money other than to pay the rent. Was terminated for taking left-overs home.
Pros
Paid the rent.
Cons
Terminated
Boston Market
Dishwasher, Protein Handler (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLAugust 13, 2018
A typical day at work here isn't bad if you don't mind standing up for 8 hours with minimal breaks and dealing with customers. Corporate comes in ever now and then to make sure things are up to code, it's annoying.
Pros
money
Cons
managemnt
Description of working at Boston market
Shift Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 13, 2018
It was really nice working there the people where really nice but just not wanted to work in food services and just wanted to do more than just being there doing the same stuff
Pros
Uvuv V
Cons
Uvuvibib
Server (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield Park, NJAugust 13, 2018
Apply If you can deal with ignorance.
Co workers are great, but mangers are rude.
Managers are only supportive to some. They have favoritism.
Very stressful.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Bad environment
Boston Market (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2018
Apply If you can deal with ignorance.
Co workers are great, but mangers are rude.
Managers are only supportive to some. They have favoritism.
Very stressful.
Busy with little reward
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  4002 East Thunderbird RdAugust 11, 2018
Higher management requires hourly shift managers to preform several crew tasks to ensure the store opperates smoothly. It is next to impossible to call off on a day, staff is so short no one can cover shifts. It is quite common to work 6 days a week without approaching overtime while still being expected to preform tasks that you would do on a full day. This job leaves next to no time for a personal life while paying minimum wage for crew members and next to minimum for hourly shift managers.
Pros
1 free meal a day
Cons
No breaks, Skeleton Crews, Very high turnover
Okay if you need a job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2018
Boston Market was not a good experience for me work wise I constantly slipped on the floors because of the water and I did not get paid enough I felt like I deserved more for the work I did.
This workplace was very toxic I’m sure for not only myself but for many other workers.
Cook / Utility / Catering Driver (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAAugust 9, 2018
When first hired I was trained by someone who had been there for 2 years but still couldn’t really train me properly. Would constantly make mistakes because it was a lack of preparation on the managements part. Why have a cook train when they are there to cook? A manager should play there role and step in to manage and teach he or she whom was hired. Very poor lazy management. Over worked and underpayed. Not a stable amount of hours to make a living
Great Job!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Saugus, CAAugust 8, 2018
Great Company, and staff. I enjoyed working there. It was a temporary position for the holiday season. I plan to do it again when thanksgiving comes around.
Fast paced but fun environment
HOURLY SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILAugust 7, 2018
As soon as you come into work ,you start doing what you can to get ready for when its busy. I learned communications with people. I learned management skills. The hardest part of the job was communicating to an upset customer about something they wanted but we don't carry at that time. We are a very close staff and we're always making each other laugh while we work.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Only general and assistant managers get benefits
hit or miss
Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 7, 2018
its a company that's really hit or miss. it all depends on which store you go to. if you go to a good store, you will have a GREAT time and experience. if u happen to go to a store like the one I worked at, it will be a terrible experience, you will most likely get attitude from 75% of the crew.
Pros
great food
Cons
management
Great atmosphere
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHAugust 7, 2018
I love all my managers. They all have their own personalities which makes it nice to work with all of them. They show recognition where it's due and they make it known when you're doing a good job
Pros
Discounts. Flexible hours
Good company
Server, cashier, utility, cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2018
Working at Boston market I had a good experience, I was paid well, the only dislike I had was the manager, I had problems but not too big of a problem.
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 6, 2018
great place to work i learned how to prep food the management was great the culture of the workplace was great the hardest part about the job was learning ingredients i really really enjoyed washing dishes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight