Boston Market Employee Reviews

Found 1,611 reviews matching the search See all 1,613 reviews
why you shoudn't work at boston market
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJanuary 16, 2019
the jobs were really boring and very slow paced all the dishes are hand washed and at the end of the night every one is giveing you all the dishes so your always have to stay later even after your shift is supposed to be done and you walk into a sink that is filled to the brim with dishes and dirty water.
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Good company you have to get along with other well. You have to be strong minded to work here and willing to work hard.You must be a good listener.boston market is a good company
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
No free meals for workers
Real easy and fun job
Restaurant Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 13, 2019
I enjoyed working at Boston Market because the management was great, and everyone was very happy when I delivered their food. Overall it was a very positive experience and I would work there again.
January 14, 2019

We're glad working at Boston Market was such a positive experience for you. Good luck with your future endeavors!

It's a good job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gambrills, MDJanuary 12, 2019
The job is okay. The hours are never set for me when I need them to be. The roof is leaking and we dont get raises every 6 months like we are told. The one thing I do like is the people I work with.
Pros
Half off on meals
Cons
Roof is falling apart
January 14, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we're sorry to hear your experience was mixed. We take all feedback into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve.

Stable company to work for
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 10, 2019
I was in high school when I worked here. It was great for a students first job but for anyone in need of a job. It taught me customer service skills and management. Got very busy for lunch and dinner. Flexible schedule and hours. Boston market gets a lot of business because the price and quality of chicken
πŸ—πŸ₯© , sides πŸ₯¦πŸŒ½πŸ₯”πŸ₯•, salads πŸ₯— and yummy desserts πŸ₯§πŸͺ
Pros
Fast work days
Cons
No benefits
January 14, 2019

Thank you for the great review! We love hearing you've had such a positive experience working at Boston Market. It is people like you that make Boston Market a great place to work!

Not bad place of business
Cashiere/Server (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJanuary 9, 2019
Not a bad place to work gives you good money but works you too hard sometimes sometimes there’s no breaks other than that it was pretty good to work there it was a pretty good job just very tiring
Good place
assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJanuary 7, 2019
it was fun to work for. but at the time management in my location was not fairly treated. i would go back if i could. it has great structure a typical day was very busy
Sometimes stressful workplace
Delivery Driver/Catering (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAJanuary 7, 2019
Being a Delivery Driver was very easy. The hours were great. The pay was okay. Sometimes a stressful workplace.The store GM was abysmal, working with the GM was the hardest part of the job. Had no problems with everyone else.
Pros
Working with everyone except the GM, great hours
Cons
Working with the GM

I Dont Know
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Woodside, NYJanuary 7, 2019
stressful job
management was very poor
serving food to customers
customer service
cleaning tables, restrooms, wastebaskets,mop, sweep
windows,tables
January 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We value all of the reviews we receive on Indeed as we want to better understand where we are meeting the needs of our employees and where we can continue to improve.

Enjoy my time spent there. recieved some good training material an person.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Enjoy the move from Cashier to Shift Manger. Learn form different mangers on how to run a shift, making sure that the shift and the employees have all they need to help the customers.
Great Employment Experience .
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 6, 2019
Healthy work inviorment.You earn great experience.It is a well rounded learning
work experience.I loved it.The poeple are awesome.It feels like a family.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Workers comp insurance
n/a
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 4, 2019
this company is all about who is friends with who and who can cover for someone else to their job so they can goof off, this was a horrible place to work.
Simple workplace with great customers
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 4, 2019
I really enjoyed my time working a Boston Market. In my time working at Boston Market I met and worked with, and secreted plenty of colorful people. The job itself was a very simple and easy job, which makes it great a a first job for people
Relaxed atmosphere peppered with incompetent management.
Hourly Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 3, 2019
For crew members, you simply show up do your tasks and go home. That's all that is ever asked. Nothing unexpected rarely happens. They'll train you on your position and are willing to answer questions even if they seem like dumb questions to you. Just don't shirk anything.
For Supervisors, on any given day, you may have to find someone to cover for multiple different shifts due to call outs. If you can't find someone then that means you're doing that job as well this shift. The easiest part of the job would be all the paper and computer work, the hardest part is dealing with lazy employees and management that may take their side. You'll have to watch crew members like a hawk and remind them of their job duties every step of the way and when you do they may retaliate with hostility in one form or another. Unfortunately, depending on your store managers like in my situation, they may sweep issues with hostile employees under the rug as no big deal. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with crew members that complete all their responsibilities without a tantrum.

As far as what the employee gets goes, benefits for full-time employees are all but useless, every supervisor at my store was covered by a healthcare plan that wasn't provided by Boston Market. Vacation days are no longer given at the beginning of the year, it must be accrued through a % of hours worked just like sick time. The pay is absolutely criminal when compared to a crew member's wage/responsibility ratio. What's worse is supervisors that have worked at this company for more than a decade were getting
  more... paid less than what I was. I know this because upper management, at my store, is extremely liberal with their interpretation of professionalism and employee confidentiality.  less
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Managers, lazy employees, high turnover
It's was a great experience
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Shirley, NYJanuary 1, 2019
I loved working here just some things I was dealing with at the time drove me to leave but it's a great place to start working if u were like me just starting to get yourself together
Pays the bills
Hourly Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNDecember 29, 2018
It's a decent job if you don't get annoyed by others lack of work ethic and probability of them complaining about other co-workers. The paycheck pays for bills but could be considered a dead end job otherwise.
Pros
Fun and entertaining co-workers
Cons
Disorganized and occasionally run out of certain dry goods.
Store closed with no warning
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Upper St. Clair, PADecember 29, 2018
Low pay, lots of customers, lots and lots of work for the low pay. Like you'll be doing a TON for $8.25/hour. Also the store closed without warning. I was just part time but many people relied on the job for their family income.
Good work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 27, 2018
Good work place, tenier, travel options, healthcare options and benifits available, flexible scheduling options, promotions within company, transferring options available
Pros
Free food, promotions within
Cons
Time for promotion
Good place for a starter job
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PADecember 27, 2018
Working for Boston Market was a learning experience. I started as a cashier and worked my way through the restaurant working in all areas ultimately becoming a manager.
Pros
Still have friends from when i worked there
Cons
That long ride on the train
definitely needs improvment with managers and staff, but gets the job done everytime.
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Crestwood, ILDecember 27, 2018
I learned the hardest part of the job is timemnagement, or else everythimg else will fall apart. Also, that there is a lot of gossiping that spreads around the workplace be mindful of your words.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight