Boston Market Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,466 reviews matching the search See all 1,468 reviews
Sucks
Dishwasher/Server (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTAugust 14, 2018
Everything there sucks. People suck. Manager suck. They all have snobby attitude towards each other and talk down on each other it's like highschool in there.
Great business
Server (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIAugust 13, 2018
Very clean work environment great management the food is always fresh communication is great between all coworkers, family-oriented facility great all the way around =)
Pros
Great team, organized
Cons
No cons
Collabarative
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 13, 2018
Cutter carver//Cashier/Dishwasher was my job. Lived on my own without a B.A. Rode my bicycle to work in Oakland, CA. Had no money other than to pay the rent. Was terminated for taking left-overs home.
Pros
Paid the rent.
Cons
Terminated
Boston Market
Dishwasher, Protein Handler (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLAugust 13, 2018
A typical day at work here isn't bad if you don't mind standing up for 8 hours with minimal breaks and dealing with customers. Corporate comes in ever now and then to make sure things are up to code, it's annoying.
Pros
money
Cons
managemnt
Description of working at Boston market
Shift Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 13, 2018
It was really nice working there the people where really nice but just not wanted to work in food services and just wanted to do more than just being there doing the same stuff
Pros
Uvuv V
Cons
Uvuvibib
Server (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield Park, NJAugust 13, 2018
Apply If you can deal with ignorance.
Co workers are great, but mangers are rude.
Managers are only supportive to some. They have favoritism.
Very stressful.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Bad environment
Boston Market (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2018
Apply If you can deal with ignorance.
Co workers are great, but mangers are rude.
Managers are only supportive to some. They have favoritism.
Very stressful.
Busy with little reward
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  4002 East Thunderbird RdAugust 11, 2018
Higher management requires hourly shift managers to preform several crew tasks to ensure the store opperates smoothly. It is next to impossible to call off on a day, staff is so short no one can cover shifts. It is quite common to work 6 days a week without approaching overtime while still being expected to preform tasks that you would do on a full day. This job leaves next to no time for a personal life while paying minimum wage for crew members and next to minimum for hourly shift managers.
Pros
1 free meal a day
Cons
No breaks, Skeleton Crews, Very high turnover
Okay if you need a job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2018
Boston Market was not a good experience for me work wise I constantly slipped on the floors because of the water and I did not get paid enough I felt like I deserved more for the work I did.
This workplace was very toxic I’m sure for not only myself but for many other workers.
Cook / Utility / Catering Driver (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAAugust 9, 2018
When first hired I was trained by someone who had been there for 2 years but still couldn’t really train me properly. Would constantly make mistakes because it was a lack of preparation on the managements part. Why have a cook train when they are there to cook? A manager should play there role and step in to manage and teach he or she whom was hired. Very poor lazy management. Over worked and underpayed. Not a stable amount of hours to make a living
Great Job!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Saugus, CAAugust 8, 2018
Great Company, and staff. I enjoyed working there. It was a temporary position for the holiday season. I plan to do it again when thanksgiving comes around.
Fast paced but fun environment
HOURLY SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILAugust 7, 2018
As soon as you come into work ,you start doing what you can to get ready for when its busy. I learned communications with people. I learned management skills. The hardest part of the job was communicating to an upset customer about something they wanted but we don't carry at that time. We are a very close staff and we're always making each other laugh while we work.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Only general and assistant managers get benefits
hit or miss
Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 7, 2018
its a company that's really hit or miss. it all depends on which store you go to. if you go to a good store, you will have a GREAT time and experience. if u happen to go to a store like the one I worked at, it will be a terrible experience, you will most likely get attitude from 75% of the crew.
Pros
great food
Cons
management
Great atmosphere
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHAugust 7, 2018
I love all my managers. They all have their own personalities which makes it nice to work with all of them. They show recognition where it's due and they make it known when you're doing a good job
Pros
Discounts. Flexible hours
Good company
Server, cashier, utility, cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2018
Working at Boston market I had a good experience, I was paid well, the only dislike I had was the manager, I had problems but not too big of a problem.
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 6, 2018
great place to work i learned how to prep food the management was great the culture of the workplace was great the hardest part about the job was learning ingredients i really really enjoyed washing dishes.
I wouldn’t recommend
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAAugust 5, 2018
No recomendations. Not a job to recommend to anyone. I’ve been working at this locattion for a month and it’s already a bad experience. The location in Texas was an amazing wxperience
Nice people and great customers
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILAugust 4, 2018
This place had many nice and easygoing coworkers that made the job enjoyable and many lovable reoccurring customers. However, there were many changes in managers and not enough stability while working there.
Pros
Discounts, people
Cons
Manager changes frequently, slow
Fun place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 3, 2018
Good employer. Not the best. Slowly changed over the years, but what place doesn’t. It’s a great place to grow and learn new skills. I learned a lot of management skills and I am very people oriented.
Productive yet needs work
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 2, 2018
Serve a Hot Home Style Meal with a smile. I learned a lot of the restaurant business and how it has its bad and good days. it is up to the management team to make the day run smoothly which is something the Lawrence location could work on. Other than that it is a good company to work for with great benefits for people of all ages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight