Boston Market Employee Reviews

Found 1,532 reviews matching the search See all 1,534 reviews
Friendly crew members
Ensures crew members work (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 22, 2018
A typical day at work is coming into work, getting your area together to began your shift. if they are working in the morning they will make sure everything is stocked up. Later in the day when night shift people come they help morning shift people get everything cleaned up so the night shift can began.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Some customers are rude with nasty attitudes
Bad leaders, Bad product.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 22, 2018
No leadership from the top, Nepotism was rampant. Micromanaged when they discovered a problem instead of being proactive. Product was low quality. Did not enjoy.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Okay for Beginners
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLOctober 17, 2018
The job is okay for those who are starting off without a job to add to their resume but it isn't enough to base off a life off of it. You'll manage it if you're in highschool and get paid above minimum wage.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
no breaks
Work Place Culture
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 17, 2018
The Work Place Culture of Boston Market was great. There are people from different Cultures working together. Also the people at Boston Market are very respectful.
SO MUCH WORK for little pay.
Back up/Dishwasher/carver (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 15, 2018
I can go on and on about why the pay isnt worth it but to sum it up unless your a manager the job isnt worth it you can climb all you want but you will struggle i promise. I started at dishwasher and learned back-up, prep, carver, and basic serving knowledge. I am pretty much a manager without a red shirt. The job wouldnt suck if the managers actually helped, whenever we are busy the managers leave everything to you while they sit in the office and act like they are having a stressfull day. In my eyes managers are nothing but servers wearing red shirts because thats all they do. I have worked at boston market for about a year and I have recieved help only 1 time and that was on my first day of the job. I started off putting in alot of extra work, (helping others when they are struggling, welcoming customers, being happy and acting like i enjoy the job, stay an extra hour to catch up the next worker, not take breaks to keep the smooth flow going.) over time I realized I dont gain anything from doing this my pay is still garbage, no body helps me in return, and I go home in pain and drenched with sweat. Now I do take breaks, dont help others, keep a blank face on the whole day, greeting isnt my job im just a chef right? I leave exactly when im done ( i dont stay late to help people anymore) and dont work at 100% probably at about 65%. Overall this place is a very selfish, High demand, Very low reward work place.
Pros
discounts
Cons
selfish workers, Lazy managers, Poor pay
Overall job
Server/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLOctober 15, 2018
I did work at Boston and performed all jobs there. However, it is unfair for employees that only managers and assistant managers get all the stuff and those below are just there to watch. Needs to improve compensations and also salaries. Today's economy is hard to live with minimun wage.
Pros
Lose weight for excess of work
Cons
No free lunch, no wage increase, assistant managers are lazy
Fresh and Friendly
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  1611 Pennsylvania Ave, Wilmington, DE 19806October 11, 2018
As a manger I loved training and getting to know my co-workers on a more personal level. The customers are like family and they come on a regular basis.
Hard Work
PREP-COOK/BACK-UP/UTILITIES/- FROM JUNE (Former Employee) –  Islip, NYOctober 11, 2018
You must be physically equipped to handle the stress of utilities. It is a role the requires constant maintenance, lifting heavy objects and the pay is not rewarding. Unless you become a manager there is no benefit to the poisition at all.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Only managers eat free
I always love that job thy have good benfits
Multi Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDOctober 10, 2018
Boston Market is good company I prefer lots of friends for that company. I enjoy working in that company good benefits and pay raise ver nice compensation.
Average pay. You will be working 12-14 hours a day maybe 6-7 days.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 9, 2018
Worked with a Great Area Manager for years. Ran him off after 21 years of service. Horrible working conditions since then. Why so much turn over in the top spots of a company? CEO, VP’s, Regional Managers?
Typical day 12-14 hours
Pros
Free food for managers. Compensation average.
Cons
Micro managed, No team building, no celebration of any accomplishments, bonus program changing constantly m
Its a decent job that dosent ask for much but they have lots of responsabilities and have to be precise and its hard at first but then its easy
Carver,cashier,backup,and dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 8, 2018
Its a easy job well for me and theres lots of responsibilities and we work on thanksgiving aswell because ifs the busiest day of the year and out store is fasttrack so we cant take long at all so thats what i mean by being precise so people wont complain about their food getting cold
Pros
Cons
No paid vacation or benefits
Definitely different
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
Working here has definitely taught me self control because some customers are really nasty and you have to be mindful of facial expression and what’s said to them
Great job to start off
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLOctober 5, 2018
A typical day at Boston Market started off at 11am with the stores opening. I would start off by restocking my area to ensure quick and efficient packaging. Every morning the sun shined brightly through out the store and the delightful customers seemed to always be in a great mood in the mornings. Around noon there would be a huge influx of hungry lunch goers. The rush lasted typically until 3pm where myself and my very diverse coworkers worked together to provide quality meals. The hardest part of the day was rushing to service everyone and making sure that they were receiving their correct order, which taught me the value of team work. Once we served the customers they always thanked us for amazing service which was probably my most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Half off lunch, flexible hours
Cons
Minimum wage
Decent for a short temporary job
Cashier and server (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 5, 2018
More than minimum wage and its inviting for the most part. However ive seen them not fire someone and just not schedule them when having conflict. Often unorganized. Underpaid for the extra work they make you do (make you do more than your job for same price)
Pros
30 min breaks
Cons
Do not handle personal situations professionally
Bosten market
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 2, 2018
I worked here for threes years and learned a lot about life through bosten market since I've worked there for that long.. A typically day at bosten market usually starts off very calm. Everybody doing there parts to get the store open. Not a lot stress during opening. Rushes through out the day caused stress alot to workers but team work always overcome and people stick together. Management usually had everyone's back. If you brought a problem to them they want to sit and talk in the office. Respectfully get people's opinions and deal with the matter. Hardest part of the day is around 7-8 hours..There's is usually a rush and because we all are helping each other out with duties , such as running for register workers or cut proteins that was suppose to be done but it all ran out.. This causes a set back in everyone's main duties. Which then makes it difficult to finish you job duties and have more stacked up on you end for helping out. I wouldn't complain though because team works gets us out all faster.
Fast passed and productive
Backup Cook (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILSeptember 28, 2018
It is a fun place to work can be very busy at times especially during holidays. The General Manager is fun to work with but a couple other managers have made culture uncomfortable.
Pros
Discounts on food
Terrible
Sever/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 27, 2018
The manger is terrible lied on my write up saying I was 30mins late when it was only 10mins. Co workers are very mean and they talk about u when u mess up. Customers are VERY rude told me i didnt know what i was doing even after i told him it was my first day. I also worked full time but would only get 1day a week.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not enough hours
Stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTSeptember 27, 2018
The management was corrupt and did not help the employees in their daily job. No formal training. The flow from the back of house to front of house was not smooth. The whole serving/selling process was not smooth either
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Management, no training, poor service flow
Was not worth the money
Carver/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 26, 2018
I was a carver so i had to prep all chicken and protiens, dirty job not worth 8.75 hourly, but the staff was nice but disorganized. I do not recomend this job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad salary
Easy job to do
Associate (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Easy job, the management is kind and I'm able to do my job without someone constantly telling me what to do, it's a lot of time management and self motivation which I'm good at

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight