Boston Market Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 1,895 reviews
Dont understand the qyestion
Caterer/driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2019
It was a very rewarding experience . Though i had previous experience in thr restaurant field i learned some new things at the interview and was able to add all this imfo into my daily routine. Cleanliness, customer service and getting the job done in a timely manner is key
August 27, 2019

We’re glad to hear that working at Boston Market was such a positive experience for you. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Good place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2019
It’s a nice place to work at the managers are very nice and will listen to you plus it’s flexible with your schedule sometimes it’s extremely busy depending on the time of day
July 12, 2019

great job
Dishwasher/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2019
it help make people better and support they work abilities. become a manager if you work hard.you can real see yourself become better by team work and supporting each other. its best work work as a team.
June 3, 2019

Your review made us smile! We can tell you’re someone who embraces our vision, mission, and values at Boston Market. Thank you for sharing your insight and keep up the great work.

Enjoy my time spent there. recieved some good training material an person.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Enjoy the move from Cashier to Shift Manger. Learn form different mangers on how to run a shift, making sure that the shift and the employees have all they need to help the customers.
Fun team to work with, But very long hours.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
Good opportunities for growth if you show willingness to learn and work. Horrible life/work balance.. Area manager has some control issues. Wants to make changes upon every store visit. Big time micro-manager.
Pros
free meals
Cons
extremely long hours, bad work-life balance
Money until you find a job with a future
Part Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2018
No corporate support. No benefits. Disorganized. Low moral.
this is a job until you can get a job that actually might appreciate your effort. You will never go anywhere here.
March 9, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’re sorry to hear your experience was mixed. We take all feedback into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve.

The meal discouts were awsome
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2017
The people I worked with were okay, but I didn't like the closing hours or the pay rate ,, I think I was doing a lot for little pay.. and it would get busy during dinner time.
November 7, 2017

Its a very intentive job i loved it
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2017
Boston market is a very people person job because the customers want to feel comfortable . you want your yours customers to come back. Me as employee was very hard working person and took my job seriously
October 17, 2017

Nice job
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Washing dishesWorking togetherSometimes fair
Classical restaurantCleaning up end of shiftMakeing customer smile getting on your jon on os a plus you get to be a head on things getting things ready for the nest shift
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
September 25, 2017

good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77070July 17, 2017
Very well structured and organized and overall a good company to work for. Great work home balance. Many of the employees and managers have been with the company for years. Just not enough moving parts for myself.
Fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77095May 31, 2017
Working for Boston market for two years was fun. Great food and amazing people. The workers were friendly and we got along. The customers are also nice. I loved it.
I love working at Boston Market
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2017
I have learned so much since I've started working there. My customer service skills has expanded so much. I love what I do. I'm willing to expand my skills to a new level ad well.
Rewarding Job
Carver, Back-up cook, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2017
Was hard, fast-paced. But once you got used to it, it was a fun job. I worked as a cashier sometimes and dealt with many issues from customers but was able to handle it quite well.
Love th home cook meals away from home
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2016
The team was great along with the management team. I loved that we were known through the community and also made sure every guest left satisfied while increasing our sales.
Fast paced and Enjoyable.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2016
I worked for Boston Market throughout my 4 years of highschool. I enjoyed learning new things about the company and my co workers made my job more enjoyable. I got to know all of the managers and build good friendship and good relationships with them as well. Boston Market taught gave me tha ability to multitask and that i think is a asset that you need in life. It taught me how to balance different things at once.
Nice
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2016
It's cool I learned a lot working there're mangers there are cool they have a nice environment and good work place nice coworkers
Some time I enjoyed and sometime it wasn't as enjoyable. Going into the Medical Center into highrise buildings.
Complete Customer Service Secret Shops (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2015
A typical day for me was to get my work done, to the best of my ability with as less issues as possible.
After getting trained completing my assignments or chores to the best of my ability.
My main achievement or accomplishment is to do my work with as less supervision and accurately as possible, with satisfaction.
Great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2015
I miss this place just as much as I miss the eagles nest. Great people there, customers we're always happy, and great food. I can't wait to finally go home and have some Boston Market food again
Hard working food industry
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
Fully Experienced what it takes to be in the food industry.
Fun co- workers.
Gets very busy and sometimes had know how to have patience, but that's what it comes with dealing in the food industry.
Fun place to work
Crew (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2015
I had some of the best managers to work with. My coworkers were all friendly and nice to work with. The food was awesome, and we were able to get a discount on it.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Few hours to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss