Boston Market Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 1,787 reviews
Manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 14, 2019
Food chain is very busy, need to be proactive working for them.
Employees needs coaching constantly to make numbers accordingly. Need to know basic food handling and temperatures.
Pros
Stays Busy
April 30, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We value all of the reviews we receive on Indeed as we want to better understand where we are meeting the needs of our employees and where we can continue to improve.

It’s a nice work environment and friendly staff
Crew Member and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2019
Overall this is a great company to work for whether it’s a first job or just in general. I was kind of nervous at first because it was new things I had to learn but the people there were extremely helpful with everything I had to do.
Pros
You get 50% off all your meals, the people are very nice at least at the one I’m at and very helpful.
Cons
Low hours
Good work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 27, 2018
Good work place, tenier, travel options, healthcare options and benifits available, flexible scheduling options, promotions within company, transferring options available
Pros
Free food, promotions within
Cons
Time for promotion
January 28, 2019

Your review made us smile! We can tell you're someone who embraces our vision, mission, and values at Boston Market. Thank you for sharing your insight and keep up the great work.

stress and unorganized
Hourly Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 9, 2018
I did learn how to manage labor and run shifts. Management has no respect for there team members. Culture is very racist. Hardest part management. Customers always put a smile on my face i enjoyed them the most.
January 28, 2019

Thanks for the feedback, we're committed to creating a comfortable and collaborative environment for employees so we're disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We value and consider all feedback and we will take your feedback into consideration.

Fun work place
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2018
At work I was hired as a carver but was able to preform so many other task because I was a manger at a another store, It was a very friendly place to work we all ways worked to get the jobs done.
Amazing people to work with
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 3, 2018
Boston Market is an amazing place to work at as long as there is good management and hard working people backing that management up. Fast paced work environment with a bit of stress, but room to grow and improve your skill set.
Pros
Discounted meals
June 5, 2018

We’re glad to hear that working at Boston Market was such a positive experience for you. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Fun place to work as a first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 11, 2018
This job is extremely fast paced most days. Everyone i paid minimum wage, no matter how long you work there. There was never any raises and anyone can become shift manager if you asked. Then you recieved a $1 raise. Its a fun environment, they usually hire young people so everyone I worked with was my age aside from general managers.
Pros
1/2 off meals
Cons
Minimum wage
May 15, 2018

Job Duities
Drive-thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2018
Drive-thru Cashier
- Record costumer’s orders and repeat them back in a clear, understandable manner to minimize errors.
- Place the orders in bags properly and put drinks in cup holders.
- Answered telephone and in-person inquires.
- Took necessary steps to meet costumer’s needs and effectively resolve food and service issues.
- Found extra task scheduled duties were completed.
- Assisted managers with monthly inventory control and weekly stocking.
Hourly Shift Manager
- Responsible for maintaining operations of the shift to which I’m are assigned, keeping employees and team members apprised of operational issues
- Responsible for duties such as recording employee absences and distributing paychecks
- Interviewing any new employee that want to join our team.
April 24, 2018

Very easy Management
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2018
Pretty basic fast food environment. Toughest part of job was attracting quality staff due to the low pay scale.Teenagers were better staff then the mature members.
Pros
Quality of life.
Cons
Staffing, Pay scale
April 9, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’re sorry to hear your experience was mixed. We take all feedback into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve.

Zero organization among team members. Little appreciation for customers.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 20, 2017
The company is great to work for. The problem is poor communication between managers and team members. Also the wrong people are chosen to lead as General managers whom have no clue how to run a store.
December 27, 2017

Fun first job with food
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2017
Is a fun work environment with nice managers and coworkers, they do get rushes so you're always busy but they managers are usually pretty relaxed and get many breaks
Pros
Many Breaks
Too much work not enough pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2017
It was very stressful working here. Not enough pay. I did a lot of work here and felt as though I wasnt reaping as much benefits as I should have been
My experience with Boston Market
Assistant Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 5, 2017
A typical day was for me to make sure everything was done on time everything was measured to the exact point. I learned how to work on a steady fast pace. Management was horrible Angie was very rude and disrespectful. The culture was very home based served well. The hardest part was when I got sent from the back to the front and to server and take orders and I wasn't really trained. The most enjoyable thing was the food it was so amazing and knowing the things I've helped prepare was a good feeling.
May 8, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Boston Market. We're so glad that you enjoyed the food and felt good about providing our customers with an excellent meal and experience. We're sorry to hear your experience with management and training was not a positive one, we're always looking for ways to improve and will take your feedback into consideration.

Job title
Protein Handler (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2017
My duty is to maintenance: take out the trash clean parking lot mob the lobby prep the roastise chicken on the carts prep turkey in baskets and meatloaf and its pans I make sure everything has dates and is properly placed on the rite place I also have expiernce working cashier and interacting with customers I am a very hard work and a quick learner
Pros
great good and fresh
Cons
more communication and team work
Fun but Hard Work
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Being a manager at Boston Market really made me grow into the role of a leader and a just learning about myself overall. Ive seen and worked with a lot of people and I must say its actually been fun working there. There a lot of policies we must abide for the customer and I don't like it all that much, but it does teach me how to deal with people and try my absolute best to get the utmost satisfaction from the customer.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
very short staff. get called in a lot. very hard to get days off.
It was alright
Protein Handler (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2015
Relationships between employees are lacking. We were basically discouraged from talking to each other. Things could have been structured better, but no effort was made to improve efficiency.
its alright
Cashier, Drive Through, Host and Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2015
typical day i would serve food and cash people out. i learned a lot about the company. management was not the best. co-workers are rude. hardest part of work was closing time. enjoyable part of work was the food. they dont give enough hours equally to everyone. they always have crude comments and dont have patients for new starters
First job
Crew Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2014
Boston market was my first job and i was there for about 5 years move up in the company as a manger of 2 store
Restaurants have no WORK LIFE BALANCE!
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2014
Long and stressful days, require dedication and hard work, but the financial state of the company offers no benefits to weigh out the hard work.
Great Opportunity and Workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2014
From Open to Close, this restaurant challenged me and taught me. I loved working here, and enjoyed every day struggles.
Pros
Great Food
Cons
Great Food (Ate it too often!)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss