Boston Market Employee Reviews for Cook

Found 75 reviews matching the search See all 1,780 reviews
Quick money
Cook/ manager (Former Employee) –  Ga, va, nyJune 3, 2019
They are sloppy. Only when the regional manager or area manager is schedule to come, you see ppl straighten up. Employees are sometimes unprofessional and unclean.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Poor management at most locations
Fun work environment the managers new how to motivate there employees without making them feel lower
Server and cook and cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85021June 1, 2019
The managers were amazing! The staff was great! It felt more like going to a place to see your friends and make money making people happy! The smiles and laughs that go around even if your just working is amazing.
June 3, 2019

We’re glad to hear that working at Boston Market was such a positive experience for you. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Favoritism
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2019
They put new hire in front of older emplyees. Some of the mangers don't know how to talk to their employees. I went from five days to one day a week because mangement had a problem with me.
May 29, 2019

Thanks for the feedback, we’re committed to creating a comfortable and collaborative environment for employees so we’re disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We value and consider all feedback and we will take your feedback into consideration.

My favorite job
Cashier/Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 23, 2019
I worked here for about 5 years and adored everyone in the company. Team driven and was always motivated the second I got through the front doors. Management was always exceptional
Pros
Free meals, promotions, regular raises
May 29, 2019

It ok greajob
Backup Cook (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 10, 2019
I have open the store sometime turn on all the lights and turn all wells for the food put water into the wells too.Start making the cornbread muffins get all sides items start wash all cook wears dishes.
Pros
Yes discouts on luches
Cons
Not health care or
May 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We value all of the reviews we receive on Indeed as we want to better understand where we are meeting the needs of our employees and where we can continue to improve.

Good 1st job
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 29, 2019
Good for a first job nothing long term. Management was horrible and constantly Changing your hours never enough. Would not recommend unless your in Desperate need of a job
April 30, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’re sorry to hear your experience was mixed. We take all feedback into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve.

Great work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 26, 2019
Learned how to multitask and cross trained in multiple positions. Therefore, I was able to help everyone make the shift run more smoothly as well as complete my own work.
Fast passed and productive
Backup Cook (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILSeptember 28, 2018
It is a fun place to work can be very busy at times especially during holidays. The General Manager is fun to work with but a couple other managers have made culture uncomfortable.
Pros
Discounts on food
Okay job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MD 20770September 5, 2018
It is good if you wanted something short term definitely not a carrier in it also the pay was not great the environment was good for the area I lived in the pay couldn’t even get me by.
Good company
Server, cashier, utility, cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2018
Working at Boston market I had a good experience, I was paid well, the only dislike I had was the manager, I had problems but not too big of a problem.
Frequent raises and promotions, easy work.
Backup Cook (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 27, 2018
I was hired in July of last year as a dishwasher, starting at $8.75 an hour. My GM quickly realised my worth and I received a wage raise when they came around. Just a few months ago, I got off dishes and am now doing food prep. I'm also learning how to carve and do protein handling soon because my GM would like to promote me to a shift manager as soon as possible. I'm loving my job here at Boston Market and I hope to make it my career one day. I HIGHLY recommend this job to anyone who's looking for fast movement up the ladder, as long as you're willing to work for it.
Pros
Fast position movement, decent wages, easy work, overtime on thanksgiving, healthcare, 401k
Cons
People quit often, low hourly shift manager wages, no bonuses or paid vacations for hourly workers
Very fun job. I enjoy working with food.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJuly 13, 2018
Very fun job and a fast paced environment. The work place culture was team orientated. The best part of this job was getting to work with food and food prep.
Pros
Quick hours
Cons
Low pay
Its a chill place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 9, 2018
I thought management were nice and fair. I loved the environment, very clean and organized. Food also taste pretty good. I actually kinda enjoyed working here
Pros
Discount lunch, very easy
Cons
No paid vacation, sick days
June 11, 2018

Thank you for your great review! We love hearing you’ve had such a positive experience working at Boston Market. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Decent
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 28, 2018
working at Boston Market is not horrible. I enjoyed working there but the only downside is that the managers are the only ones making decent money. I worked harder then 99% of employees and was the only one to pick up shifts and they denied me of a raise.
May 30, 2018

boston market was a good start for a young kid. But gave no equal opportunity.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMay 2, 2018
Boston Market had its good and bad. Management was not too good and there was no opportunity. But it did supply food and food discounts. Overall i would not recommend this job to anyone whom is trying to provide for their family.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
May 4, 2018

It was a good working eviroment
I cook (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJApril 14, 2018
It was good and I like it to and I'll wish I has never left the job cuz they was paying and they had a good benefits, and I might work back there to .
Pros
They was good co workers
Cons
Good breaks
April 18, 2018

Cook
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 5, 2018
I would prepare the food and also serve it. I would take orders and also work the register when needed. Always respectable and helpful. Once the guest are done eating I would also help cleaning up afterwards.
Pros
I got free lunch
Cons
They went out of business
April 9, 2018

Fun place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 2, 2018
The manager and co-workers are willing to help with all the issues you run into. Great attitude towards all workers and you are able to change your schedule with notice.
April 4, 2018

Your review made us smile! We can tell you’re someone who embraces our vision, mission, and values at Boston Market. Thank you for sharing your insight and keep up the great work.

Acceptable part time job
Cook/Server/Cashier/Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, IL 60187February 1, 2018
This job was fine for when I was a high school student, but I would not recommend it past that. The typical work day was fine, with fairly constant customer traffic. Management changed often, which meant methods of execution changed often, making my job more difficult than it needed to be.
February 2, 2018

first job ever, worst experience.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Boston market was my very first job and was the worst job thus far, They never let me take a break and they never worked around my schedule. I was part time but was working full time hours and the training was really bad.
Pros
5 minutes away from home.
Cons
pay was low and overworked
January 17, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight