Boston Market Employee Reviews for Server

Found 94 reviews matching the search See all 1,788 reviews
Decent
Server (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTApril 10, 2019
For a part time food service job, it's comparable to most others. Management was decent and coworkers were great about collaborating to get stuff done quickly.
April 30, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We value all of the reviews we receive on Indeed as we want to better understand where we are meeting the needs of our employees and where we can continue to improve.

First culinary job
Waiter and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYApril 9, 2019
Felt good working around food gained love for it. Ever since then I feel that my cooking has grown to something I can teach my kids when I do have them
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Seasonal job
April 30, 2019

Thank you for your great review! We love hearing you’ve had such a positive experience working at Boston Market. It is people like you that make Boston Market a great place to work!

Face paced
side server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2019
A typical day at Boston Market is serving sides to the customers, and light store cleaning. I learned how to properly prep food. The culture was very inviting and warm. The hardest part was sometimes remembering the different types of meat. The most enjoyable part of the job is exploring new opportunities.
Pros
Free fountain drinks for the employees
Cons
Having to leave.
April 30, 2019

Your review made us smile! We can tell you’re someone who embraces our vision, mission, and values at Boston Market. Thank you for sharing your insight.

Not very good
Server (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJMarch 24, 2019
With my experience working here, It wasn't a very good one. While working here, the manager never gave me hours to work. I didn't know when I was supposed to come in.
Horrible work environment.
Server (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2019
Bad management. Would not recommend this job to anyone. The first years I was able to adapt but the job eventually got to me along with the people. No rules. Everyone can do what they want, no consequences.
March 20, 2019

Thanks for the feedback, we're committed to creating a comfortable and collaborative environment for employees so we're disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We value and consider all feedback and we will take your feedback into consideration.

Terrible
Server (Current Employee) –  Bexley, OHJanuary 21, 2019
Managers don’t care about their employees at all. They only care about their paychecks and hours. You’ll barely get thirty hours at Bexley Boston Market.
Pros
Customers are friendly
Cons
Your breaks are rushed, they will half train you, the stores run down.
March 20, 2019

Ok company not great manager
Server (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJanuary 18, 2019
Not alot of hours and not great manager very easy work and good coworkers and easy to pick up on things and good food and customers and convenient hours
March 20, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we're sorry to hear your experience was mixed. We take all feedback into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve.

Boston Market
Server (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 15, 2018
Boston market is the type of environment where everyone needs to work together and be on the same page. Training and consistency from fellow employees was kind of lacking
November 26, 2018

great for a starter job
Server to Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 26, 2018
started here when i was 16. was awesome. worked hard, climbed the ladder but eventually burned out. dont' miss it. restaurants take a lot of time to run well. my life no longer has that time to give
November 26, 2018

We're glad working at Boston Market was such a positive experience for you. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTSeptember 27, 2018
The management was corrupt and did not help the employees in their daily job. No formal training. The flow from the back of house to front of house was not smooth. The whole serving/selling process was not smooth either
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Management, no training, poor service flow
not a good starting job
Server (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, MDSeptember 24, 2018
the job is very biased and shows a lot of favoritism. There is a semi flexible schedule but overall the job isn't a good starting job at my location i was working at
Fun and easy place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 19, 2018
Worked there for many many years and loved it my co-workers and I became way more of a family instead of co workers. They would not advance my gm to the next position so he quit and instead of hiring the acting assistant GM (who had worked there since an adolescent) as GM they brought in a new guy who had never worked for the company the store completely fell to pieces.
Pros
Discount food, flexible hours
Stressful work experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 4, 2018
Everyday I worked at Boston Market would start off nicely, but end with me almost on tears. My feet ached because I had to work 8-12 hour shifts with no breaks. When we did get a second to relax, we had to be cleaning. It was hot working around all the ovens and they never attempted to fix our air conditioning. The managers didn't care about the workers requested time off and would schedule us anyways, or call on days we were not able to work. I was thankful to get out when we did as everyone was leaving and being forced to work such long and painful hours.
Nice place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 17, 2018
My typical day at work would involve a fast place positive environment. I learned how to communicate with customers and remember several orders and have the customer service needed to work in service.
Great business
Server (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIAugust 13, 2018
Very clean work environment great management the food is always fresh communication is great between all coworkers, family-oriented facility great all the way around =)
Pros
Great team, organized
Cons
No cons
Server (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield Park, NJAugust 13, 2018
Apply If you can deal with ignorance.
Co workers are great, but mangers are rude.
Managers are only supportive to some. They have favoritism.
Very stressful.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Healthcare
hit or miss
Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 7, 2018
its a company that's really hit or miss. it all depends on which store you go to. if you go to a good store, you will have a GREAT time and experience. if u happen to go to a store like the one I worked at, it will be a terrible experience, you will most likely get attitude from 75% of the crew.
Pros
great food
Cons
management
great first job
Server (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 7, 2018
I was a teenager when I worked there. It was my first job. The environment is very friendly. You will have to be able to move at a fast pace during the busy hours.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits
May 9, 2018

We’re glad to hear that working at Boston Market was such a positive experience for you. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Everything was great
Server/Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2018
I was a driver and I also work in the store. IT's was busy when it comes to holidays but overall this was a good way to start if you need some income.
April 24, 2018

high paced at times but fun as well
Server (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAApril 4, 2018
When entering to start my evening shift i greet everyone with a warm and friendly Hello. Get prepared for the evening rush and make sure customers are treated in a friendly, outgoing way. I learned how to run a register at Boston Market which takes some getting used to. I had an excellent manager who took his time and explained how to do things properly and in a time friendly way.
April 9, 2018

Your review made us smile! We can tell you’re someone who embraces our vision, mission, and values at Boston Market. Thank you for sharing your insight and keep up the great work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight