Boston Market Employee Reviews

Found 1,743 reviews matching the search See all 1,745 reviews
I will view most other jobs as easy after working here .
Utility (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 17, 2019
Boston Market was a big step into the real world. It showed me what people who you see everyday walking home have went through the whole day and at first you see them as a regular person, but as you realize how hard they work you show and have more respect for the person.
Pros
$9 an hour for fast food.
Cons
Workload, underemployment pressure.
A place with a great boss but bad everything else
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIJune 14, 2019
I got the job from just the first interview but saw they hired me so quickly. It's a messy place with high turnover rates because they don't know how to treat their employees, old and new. They have a strange work culture of treating people different cause they're new (More so the manager Britney). I barely got hours. The boss was a really great woman it's just those she has under her are awful. This place wore me out quickly and the constant switching between how you were supposed to something kept switching with each manager and it was just so annoying. You don't even get lunch breaks here nor do you get free food ( you get it reduced ) unless you're well liked and popular with the manager and boss which in that case it's okay if you do what you'd like. The favoritism got annoying as well.
fun work environment
Hourly Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 10, 2019
Coworkers are very helpful and friendly. Also a great place to learn and grow as time goes on. The managers a very understanding with time and will work with you so you’re able to have the best schedule for yourself.
Good customers
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 10, 2019
I enjoy working at boston because its flexible and not so many hours. All the customers are kind and patient for there food. Co workers are easy to work with.
Pros
Discount lunch.
Cons
All the food is gooood...gain weight
It was a fun job to have for a while.
Server and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 8, 2019
Eventually it had to end due to it being temporary but the time I had there was great. I would definitely recommend it to a friend whose looking for a fast paced job.
Pros
Half off lunch
Cons
Changing and strict schedules
June 10, 2019

Thank you for your great review! We love hearing you’ve had such a positive experience working at Boston Market. It is people like you that make Boston Market a great place to work!

very productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 7, 2019
-easy work
-typical days were busy around noon but after was really chill
-good management
-room for advancement
-good training
-flexible
-patient
Pros
flexible with schedules
Cons
breaks were not always available due to short staff

Nice work place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHJune 7, 2019
Boston market is a nice work place and they treat u with top respect working at Boston market u learn a lot and they are helpful. All the workers there are respectful and treat u nicely
Pros
Great work site
June 10, 2019

We’re glad to hear that working at Boston Market was such a positive experience for you. Good luck with your future endeavors!

N/a
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJune 6, 2019
Customers can definitely be harsh , poor management, employees call off all the time , no show no calls , can get SUPER BUSY , prices go up every couple months and customers take it out on the employees
June 10, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We value all of the reviews we receive on Indeed as we want to better understand where we are meeting the needs of our employees and where we can continue to improve.

Ridiculous
Catering delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 6, 2019
I was hired as a catering delivery driver. It was essentially an on-call position but they never mentioned that in the interview. The manager called me at 8am and said we have 3 catering deliveries today what time can you be in? I stated I need advanced notice of shifts and that $11 an hour with no mileage reimbursement is not going to work for me for an on-call position. She stated that's how the position works. I have to be on call, paid$11/hr., no mileage reimbursement, and pay for my own gas??? And I thought Postmates or Uber pay was low. At least Postmates pays 15/hr plus mileage. Wow.
Pros
Literally none
Cons
Below minimum wage pay essentially
June 10, 2019

Thanks for the feedback, we’re committed to creating a comfortable and collaborative environment for employees so we’re disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We value and consider all feedback and we will take your feedback into consideration.

Its a good place to work at
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJune 5, 2019
Its a good place to work at and is nice environment to work at.. And i recommend people to work there to so yea and also they paid all right to and it jusr good..
Pros
1yeaR

Not someplace I would recommend
General Manager (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLJune 5, 2019
I was unhappy here. Ask any of the current managers who have worked there a long time. Boston market eats you alive! Any manager whose worked there for a long time will understand exactly what I’m saying. They only follow the rules when it’s convenient for upper management and barely ever give a raise or bonus. They do not look out for their employees. Everyone is supposed to do 3 people’s job while doing their own at the same time. Then the good employees who get maxed out on their pay get nothing. There’s absolutely no recognition. You must work every holiday and thanksgiving week you will probably work at least 80hrs if not more, it’s torture so bad that managers don’t even want to speak about it until the month of November. I don’t know one manager whose actually happy working here and I know almost every manager around here and in a distance from here. Do not work here trust me no one else on here with a review knows this company as well as I do I promise
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks, working on your day off, bad area management
June 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at Boston Market. We welcome all feedback and are committed to earning your compliments and hearing your suggestions. We are sorry to hear you were not happy with your position. We value and consider all feedback and will continue to find ways to improve.

Too many young employees
Foodservice Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJune 5, 2019
I learned a lot about the fast food industry. I learned that a lot of food goes to waste if the rules overestimate the amount of food cooked opposed to the customers purchasing.
Pros
Flex Hours
Cons
Lazy Workers
June 10, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’re sorry to hear your experience was mixed. We take all feedback into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve.

Working at Boston Market has been nothing but exciting and a big part in my life and has helped me get to where I am in life
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  West Hempstead, NYJune 3, 2019
Ive learned a lot from this company about how to run a business how to manage and coach employees it’s made me a better manager and worker this is a place you would want to work
June 4, 2019

Quick money
Cook/ manager (Former Employee) –  Ga, va, nyJune 3, 2019
They are sloppy. Only when the regional manager or area manager is schedule to come, you see ppl straighten up. Employees are sometimes unprofessional and unclean.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Poor management at most locations
N/a
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2019
Boston Market was a great company to work for. I was there for twelve years. While at Boston Market, I started off as a cashier and moved my way up to general manager.
June 4, 2019

Boston market
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJune 2, 2019
I started working at boston market when mt daughter was getting married . I was able to get the time off I needed.So I was able to learn a lot about different foods .I was able to work with a lot of new people and understand their needs
Pros
Frree lunches
Cons
No health care
June 3, 2019

Good paced work flow at any given time
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 2, 2019
It is a place where there is always something you can do to keep the work flowing whether it is cleaning, serving, or ringing up a customer there is always some you can do to help pass the time.
Pros
Discounted lunches, can get paid sick days after working for so long
Cons
None.
June 3, 2019

Your review made us smile! We can tell you’re someone who embraces our vision, mission, and values at Boston Market. Thank you for sharing your insight and keep up the great work.

Fun work environment the managers new how to motivate there employees without making them feel lower
Server and cook and cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85021June 1, 2019
The managers were amazing! The staff was great! It felt more like going to a place to see your friends and make money making people happy! The smiles and laughs that go around even if your just working is amazing.

great job
Dishwasher/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2019
it help make people better and support they work abilities. become a manager if you work hard.you can real see yourself become better by team work and supporting each other. its best work work as a team.

It’s a job
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 30, 2019
all of the employees are lazy they stand around and talk and watch one person do all of the work. The management team doesn’t set the example for good teamwork
June 3, 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight