Boston Market Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,377 reviews matching the search See all 1,379 reviews
Fast paced
Ceritfied Trainer (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 9, 2018
Working for Boston Market was really fun. Coworkers were great and my management was excellent. I would work there again if it paid enough. Favorite workplace.
Pros
fast paced, excellent food
Cons
low pay
April 11, 2018

We’re glad to hear that working at Boston Market was such a positive experience for you. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Financial insecurity
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MAApril 7, 2018
Fast paced, hands on environment, open serving area which allowed for positive customer interaction. Was not very competitive for salary but not over the top given the hours worked per week.

great place to work
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodside, NYApril 6, 2018
Store is nice and clean. Staff is pleasant to work with. Good communication. Management and staff work together to serve customers. Store is very busy with customer. Good food.
Pros
experience
Cons
can't get benefits unless you work 35 hrs weekly yearly.
April 9, 2018

Thank you for your great review! We love hearing you’ve had such a positive experience working at Boston Market. It is people like you that make Boston Market a great place to work!

I work here currently and I’m done
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2018
These people just don’t get it. It’s never worth the disrespect. I work to hard to be treated like regular staff. The AGM and the GM are complete jokes. The area manger is some what decent.
April 9, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, we’re committed to creating a comfortable and collaborative environment for employees so we’re disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We value and consider all feedback and we will take your feedback into consideration.

good job
Hourly Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLApril 5, 2018
Boston Market is a good first job opportunity as far as building your customer service skills.They will work with an individual who has school or another job to give them a suitable schedule that they can work. The fast-paced environment during peak hours at the restaurant, but overall a good job.
Pros
discounts

Good first Job
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILApril 5, 2018
Boston market was a fun experience even though the pay was low it gave me a great introduction to customer relations food handling and process of operation from a restaurants stand point

Cook
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 5, 2018
I would prepare the food and also serve it. I would take orders and also work the register when needed. Always respectable and helpful. Once the guest are done eating I would also help cleaning up afterwards.
Pros
I got free lunch
Cons
They went out of business
April 9, 2018

high paced at times but fun as well
Server (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAApril 4, 2018
When entering to start my evening shift i greet everyone with a warm and friendly Hello. Get prepared for the evening rush and make sure customers are treated in a friendly, outgoing way. I learned how to run a register at Boston Market which takes some getting used to. I had an excellent manager who took his time and explained how to do things properly and in a time friendly way.
April 9, 2018

Your review made us smile! We can tell you’re someone who embraces our vision, mission, and values at Boston Market. Thank you for sharing your insight and keep up the great work.

Good place to work for a little while.
Carver (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTApril 3, 2018
I am a Carver at a Boston Market. I like it there very friendly but no room to move up the ladder. Great food, great atmosphere positive vide. Good prices.
Pros
Free drinks on shift.
April 9, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It is people like you that make Boston Market a great place to work!

Very easy Management
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2018
Pretty basic fast food environment. Toughest part of job was attracting quality staff due to the low pay scale.Teenagers were better staff then the mature members.
Pros
Quality of life.
Cons
Staffing, Pay scale
April 9, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’re sorry to hear your experience was mixed. We take all feedback into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve.

Fun place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 2, 2018
The manager and co-workers are willing to help with all the issues you run into. Great attitude towards all workers and you are able to change your schedule with notice.
April 4, 2018

Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lawndale, CAMarch 30, 2018
Collected and accounted for fees received at front counter
Responsible for food inventory for adequate distribution
Assisted customers with meal and catering orders
Pros
Food
Cons
N/a

Stressful,overbearing workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 29, 2018
This job was very unorganized and training was useless. Everyday, the instructors would change any rules on orders that they had already taught us another way.
April 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at Boston Market.We take all feedback into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve.

Would not recommend
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Greentree, PAMarch 29, 2018
Working at Boston Market was not a place you would want to work. It was an okay first job but the management was unorganized and didn't do their jobs very well. Also, the people you work with aren't the nicest.

best job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 29, 2018
Was the best job I had the people was nice had my up and down but I worked them out with everyone wish that I never did take that other job offer. But learned.

great food
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAMarch 28, 2018
typical day was to get a chicken ready and cooking, store opened, ensure that store was ready for business. The most enjoyable part of job was interacting with the guests and and making sure that they had a enjoyable visit.
Pros
free food
Cons
long days

Great Food
Boston Market (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 28, 2018
It’s great place to dine-in or take out with family. Food is great and always fresh. Service is great fast and very convenient. Great home style food for family.

opportunity to advance
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMarch 28, 2018
I really enjoy working at Boston Market and I am very sad to search for other employment. They were great with a flexible schedule and the balance of school and work was perfect too.
March 29, 2018

love working with food
craver (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTMarch 27, 2018
all day we make people happy with good food a great environment. I learned a lot about craving chickens. this is a enjoyable job. and the food is great.
March 28, 2018

It was a job to learnand grow from
Cook/Food Prep/ Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 26, 2018
I learn how to be quick paced at work from working the backup station. I was there for two years because I did my job very welland learned every station being the serving line.
March 28, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight