Boston Market Employee Reviews

Found 1,786 reviews matching the search See all 1,788 reviews
Fun work environment the managers new how to motivate there employees without making them feel lower
Server and cook and cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85021June 1, 2019
The managers were amazing! The staff was great! It felt more like going to a place to see your friends and make money making people happy! The smiles and laughs that go around even if your just working is amazing.
June 3, 2019

We’re glad to hear that working at Boston Market was such a positive experience for you. Good luck with your future endeavors!

great job
Dishwasher/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2019
it help make people better and support they work abilities. become a manager if you work hard.you can real see yourself become better by team work and supporting each other. its best work work as a team.
June 3, 2019

Your review made us smile! We can tell you’re someone who embraces our vision, mission, and values at Boston Market. Thank you for sharing your insight and keep up the great work.

It’s a job
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 30, 2019
all of the employees are lazy they stand around and talk and watch one person do all of the work. The management team doesn’t set the example for good teamwork
June 3, 2019

Thanks for the feedback, we’re committed to creating a comfortable and collaborative environment for employees so we’re disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We value and consider all feedback and we will take your feedback into consideration.

Thanksgiving on the regular
Cashier/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 29, 2019
It was a great environment, everyone was friendly, we all helped each other. All my managers were great and top of everything. But as soon as holidays are over youre getting cut to part time, and it was always less than 20 hours.
June 3, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’re sorry to hear your experience was mixed. We take all feedback into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve.

Cashier/server (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMay 29, 2019
Good team work
Everyone helps each other out
The hardest part was thanksgiving very busy day but we all worked together.
I learned how to communicate with other people
Pros
Discount
Cons
No breaks
June 3, 2019

Understaffed & low pay rates, along with little growth potential
Hourly Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 27, 2019
This location is fairly busy & yet lightly staffed. Very little growth potential & the pay is awful. Even after being promoted, the scale is far below the norm for the restaurant industry. For the amount of stress & work involved, the salaries are not justified. As to benefits, half off a meal up to $10 is the best you get. Even taking breaks is difficult since they are so under staffed.
Pros
Food is ok, but highly salted.
Cons
Low earning potential & growth opportunities

Favoritism
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2019
They put new hire in front of older emplyees. Some of the mangers don't know how to talk to their employees. I went from five days to one day a week because mangement had a problem with me.

Fun job
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 26, 2019
It is a fun place to work at. The food is great, its known to be home cooked. The hours are very good, but long. You dont get a break unless you work 8 hours. It is very busy all the time, especially during dinner.
May 29, 2019

Your review made us smile! We can tell you’re someone who embraces our vision, mission, and values at Boston Market. Thank you for sharing your insight and we wish you the best luck with your future endeavors!

My favorite job
Cashier/Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 23, 2019
I worked here for about 5 years and adored everyone in the company. Team driven and was always motivated the second I got through the front doors. Management was always exceptional
Pros
Free meals, promotions, regular raises

Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2019
Working at Boston Market is relaxing and fine. The only thing about it is that there need to be more employees during the night shift and there need to be better management
Pros
Good amount of hours
Cons
Paying for food

Active Pace
Catering Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 22, 2019
Working at Boston Market requires one to be able to keep up with the requirements of the customer being served. Being able to be on time and prepared to set up to the customer's expectations
Pros
discount
Cons
uncooperative employees
May 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We value all of the reviews we receive on Indeed as we want to better understand where we are meeting the needs of our employees and where we can continue to improve.

Boston market
Server (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMay 21, 2019
Wouldn’t recommend this job. Especially the winter haven location. Managers steal tips. Over work the employees. Have high expectations with a low pay rate. Only one or two good managers the rest lack management skills and are thieves.
May 29, 2019

Great partime job for student
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2019
Not so great salary unless you are a student. Low pay and no benefits. Work hours were very inconsistent. No employee recognition for attendance or great work. Work environment was ok if you enjoy smelling the aroma of food.
Pros
Great food to eat on your break.
Cons
Low wages

productive
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2019
Working at Boston Market Is pretty Fun, Can Get Out of hand on a busy day. Every Store is different with there own set rules, which cause problem for transfers
Pros
Fast Career Advancement
Cons
Not Organized

Work
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMay 14, 2019
Just about everyone got along. I liked working there. I felt bad leaving. I felt attached to the team. I was upset when making my decision to quit my job. But I made the right choice.
Pros
Friendly team, paycheck
Cons
No breaks, stress, mis-communication, no raise

Building no longer there
SUPERVISED THE EMPLOYEES ON DAY SHIFT (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAMay 13, 2019
The building is no longer there. It was okay while I was working trained other workers at other building. Needed a change didn't want to do fast food all my life
Pros
Nice experience
Cons
No breaks half the time

Good place to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 13, 2019
Good place to work for . Long hours but manageable lifestyle. Employees sometimes miss work but manage and other staff are always able to overcome. Try it out

Its a ok place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 11, 2019
The pay sucks they want u to do everything and pay u a little money they don't train you properly they just put you in a position and act as if you know it
Pros
50% off your meal
Cons
No breaks at all no pay raises at all

It ok greajob
Backup Cook (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 10, 2019
I have open the store sometime turn on all the lights and turn all wells for the food put water into the wells too.Start making the cornbread muffins get all sides items start wash all cook wears dishes.
Pros
Yes discouts on luches
Cons
Not health care or

Bm
Cashier/Server/Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 9, 2019
working at Boston market was hard work some days and other days easy the customers are rude BUT the GM at the location I was working at was really cool and treated all her employess right, you wanted a raise she gave you one and you needed days off she gave it to you
Pros
flexible/half off meals
Cons
working on the holidays
May 14, 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight