Boston Market Employee Reviews

Found 1,783 reviews matching the search See all 1,785 reviews
Fair place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 23, 2019
Its been over twenty years since I have worked for Boston Market.
It was good place to work, meet new people and serve food to
our customers. I made some friends while working there.
April 30, 2019

We’re glad to hear that working at Boston Market was such a positive experience for you. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Good work space. Not so good managers
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 21, 2019
Good working environment. The management isnt great. But helped me grow with my customer service. Taught me about being a shift manger. Taught me patience and dealing with different kind of people.
April 30, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We’re thrilled to hear you have learned so much at Boston Market. We also appreciate your feedback about management as we’re always looking for ways to improve.

Cool!
Floor Technician/Porter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 20, 2019
Real cool job to work at and learn from there would good employees there and managers there I've learned alot and would recommend this job to teens or the elderly.
Pros
Cool pace
Cons
Not enough money
April 30, 2019

Thank you for your great review! We love hearing you’ve had such a positive experience working at Boston Market. It is people like you that make Boston Market a great place to work!

I enjoyed working for boston market
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAApril 19, 2019
I enjoyed working with both the sraff and most of the customers. I liked how it always kept me busy and a way 4 me 2 help and serve people. I liked being able 2 learn new things.
April 30, 2019

Your review made us smile! We can tell you’re someone who embraces our vision, mission, and values at Boston Market. Thank you for sharing your insight.

it was alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAApril 17, 2019
, super boring and a super slow paced job. iit was alright, some the co workers were cool some werent just like every job. nothing great or bad about this job
Pros
nothing
Cons
working there
April 30, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’re sorry to hear your experience was mixed. We take all feedback into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve.

Poor management big time
Dishwasher/ Utilites (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COApril 17, 2019
When I came in to work one time, one of tha managers told me that she did the dishes. I said okay. But, when I started doing dishes, I found the dishes in the clean pile of dishes dirty. I came up to the former manager and told her that this was in the clean pile. She asked me so are you saying that I am bad at doing dishes? I told her that it was in the clean pile. Couple minutes later, when I continued on with dishes, I found out that there was a sharp chef's knife on the bottom of the sink (the same sink that the manager was washing in.). I came up to the other manager and told her about that, she just shrugged her shoulders and walked away like nothing has happened or just what ever.
Pros
Managers favored me because of my accomplishments of giving me free meals from time to tome.
Cons
The management is careless, and managers let certain coworkers get away with stuff and others not.
April 30, 2019

Thanks for the feedback, we’re committed to creating a comfortable and collaborative environment for employees so we’re disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We value and consider all feedback and we will take your feedback into consideration.

Fun work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 17, 2019
I was able to work with the public and the regular people that came in grew on me. I enjoyed the crew I worked with managers were very helpful and very involulded with the crew
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long shifts
April 30, 2019

Did not like the new managment
Cashier/server (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAApril 17, 2019
always poor and selfish with the hours. Made us do unnecessary stuff. Favors other coworkers and give them more hours and barely gave un-favored chances to get hours and prove loyalty and work
April 30, 2019

Boston is a ok place to work
Dishwasher/backup/server (Current Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHApril 15, 2019
The peolple their is ok people they could be very hostile sometimes but they not all the time though. It very fast pace you sometimea you can feel overwhelmed.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Hostile people and poor management.
April 30, 2019

it was a fun place to work
Lead/Cashier/Sever (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 15, 2019
Before i became a shift leader it was fun learning about how and where everything was going and then when i did become a shift leader i loved how i could set up the room to make sure the guess are happy and leave happy.
Pros
they had really good food
Cons
we had to pay for are food

Manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 14, 2019
Food chain is very busy, need to be proactive working for them.
Employees needs coaching constantly to make numbers accordingly. Need to know basic food handling and temperatures.
Pros
Stays Busy
April 30, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We value all of the reviews we receive on Indeed as we want to better understand where we are meeting the needs of our employees and where we can continue to improve.

Decent
Server (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTApril 10, 2019
For a part time food service job, it's comparable to most others. Management was decent and coworkers were great about collaborating to get stuff done quickly.

Love it
Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher/cashier (Former Employee) –  Shirley, NYApril 10, 2019
I love working there I wish I didn’t have to move.The atmosphere at the Boston market was really good the manger was very helpful and nice.i love working there.
Pros
Discount on food

Good First Job
Shift runner (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 9, 2019
It was one of my first jobs out of high school and served as a good learning experience. I was able to advance to shift runner which allowed me to get my first experience running a team by my self. the management was good and was very helpful along the way. the hardest part of the job was cleaning the ovens

It's a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJApril 9, 2019
I worked here to have some extra cash during a year of college. They were initially willing to work with my schedule but ultimately became less and less flexible. Not sure if it's because they could barely keep the people they kept hiring or if it was because I declined a management position (too much additional stress for a college senior). Regardless, I didn't mind the work and it was easy money to me.

No benefits
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 9, 2019
Good job stressful environment. Only location in upstate NY a lot of disappointed customers due to small menu choices, no training, no benefits and you have to pay for insurance
Pros
Free lunch for managers

First culinary job
Waiter and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYApril 9, 2019
Felt good working around food gained love for it. Ever since then I feel that my cooking has grown to something I can teach my kids when I do have them
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Seasonal job
April 30, 2019

great to work there, fast and people needed
associate and also a delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAApril 8, 2019
a typical day in Boston Market would be fun at times interacting one to one customer service. Needs that are useful in this workforce is to be energetic and ready to work
Pros
fast enviroment
Cons
pay is decent
April 30, 2019

very friendly and laid back environment
Back up/food prep (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 6, 2019
I loved working for Boston Market. I got the chance to learn new and different tasks, from cooking meatloaf, to carving the chicken. I also got to experience how to fill catering orders. My co-workers were very friendly and it was a great place to work.

Great food
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 5, 2019
hardest part of the job is the hours. They provide excellent workshops for time management and skill enhancement. Workplace is not diverse enough. But they taught me how to hire, terminate, accounting, inventory, profit and loss, how to reduce employee churn, how to schedule my team of 25 based on restaurants needs
Pros
Salary, free lunch, bonus
Cons
Hours
April 30, 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss