Boston Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great hospital, amazing mission
Denials Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 17, 2018
Boston Medical Center is a great place to work. The mission of the hospital is one which is felt by most staff and they work to ensure that the patient's are cared for and treated with dignity.
Pros
Great mission
Cons
Lack of accountability amongst departments
Complication
EHR Facilitator (Contact) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 15, 2018
Place of work can be productive and moving. However, it can be a bit unorganized and the workplace culture has a long way to go. I feel that some changes are happening and are in the process, however, they can be a bit more responsible in the process taken and considerate. The people here are great and the working environment can be more comforting. The developmental process is an accomplishment because of the change that happens to compare the beginning of the process to the end.
Lots of Advancement Oppurtunities
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 11, 2018
Although I wasn’t too fond of some people within my department, I’m not there for them. Boston Medical Center has a lot of career advancement opportunities and ability to network and make connections. I loved my manager and how well he treated his staff. I would definitely go back to BMC sometime later in the future. They value their nurses a lot and offer good tuition reimbursement perks for their employees if you choose to go back to school.
Pros
Work hours, overtime flexibility, benefits, and much more !
Cons
Negative Nancy’s in my department, the location of the facility
Family home
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 8, 2018
Very quiet. Listen to your music. U come in do your work. Like if U are at home.. Do your job u have know problem..a very diversity place.. If need overtime will give it to you.. Good benefits. Friendly place
love working with my co-workers
Ambulatory Services Representative III (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 8, 2018
love working with my co-worker
out going environment
very easy to get along with employee
Can be stressful
multi-tasking environment
hours are good
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced advanced imaging hospital
overnight lead Mri tech (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 30, 2018
The hospital is updated with the latest imaging technology. Fast paced working environment with many skilled peolple working in their modalities. Research projects and new techniques often performed.
Pros
most updated current imaging technology
Cons
commute
Epic Senior Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 25, 2018
Good culture. The systems their need to be revamped because they used to use old outdated technology SDK but they are dedicated to serving the community which they work out of.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not collaborative
its an okay place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 23, 2018
it an okay place to work, but when i was there , the nursing staff splitted into 2 categories, the white at Boston University and most of the black nurses in Boston medical building. but overtimes i think they changed, i never returned since i left.
Great workplace with lots of automy.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 17, 2018
Upon arrival to the floor I would take report on all at risk patients on the floors and extremely sick ICU pts, I would round on all the floors and check in with the nurses to see if they needed help with any of their patients.

I was able to learn a lot from my time at Boston Medical Center. The patients were so sick, some of the sickest in the world. The hospital is a very busy Level1 Trauma Center.

Management was great, although not always very hands on, her door was always open.

The workplace culture was sometimes difficult. Because of my role I noticed a lot of horizontal violence, which I feel should never be tolerated.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to teach as much as I did. Also, I loved being a part of the Trauma & Code Teams.
Pros
Hospital environment
Cons
No lunches or breaks.
I enjoyed working at BMC.
Intern for Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 15, 2018
I did outreach for Boston Medical Center for the research of AIDS/HIV. I implemented and created flyers to issue out in the communities to draw persons in for testing for clinical trials.
Pros
It was a good experience.
Cons
I wish I would had more than two years!
Profession Revenue Cycle Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2018
My experience at BMC was overall good. I learned a lot about charge masters and how to do all that work, got to work from home one day a week, and my manager was absolutely flexible with our schedules. The issues was the higher up (which seems to be the issues wherever you go) I only left the job because I didn't like living in Boston so far away from family.
just a regular medical center
Accounting Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 7, 2018
Only worked here for very short time, not so familiar with the working culture and co-workers. If I have chance to get a long-term job here, I would like to work here again.
not bad work
Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 4, 2018
I worked at BMC for a year. People in my office was nice. But the work envriment is kind of weird. Like no one talk at all in the office. You can hear ppl breathing all the time...
Really a great place to work
Charge nurse roles, precepting (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2018
I cannot give you these details now. Suffice it to say that working for BMC x 17 years tells you enough. I love working there. I was offered jobs at BMC and BWH but I chose BMC for it was certain to prepare me to deal with tougher nursing jobs than BWH would have. Moreover BMC is more multicultural than BWH who treat the minority unfairly sometimes.
Pros
Great teamwork, great multiculturalism/inclusion and challenging patients
Cons
Heavy work acuity, sometimes understaffed, No separate sick or personal time off accruals
Terrible work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 17, 2018
The culture is political. You can’t get anything done. And don’t send out emails where your tone is direct, you will be fired. Especially when you have a boss with no backbone and she is highly sensitive. It is an environment not for the weak.
working the front desk
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2018
my experience within the three years of employment was a wondrous time. with many co worker it seemed sometime congested other then the many changes the hospital has, my front desk experience was very enlightening , the joy of meeting a variety of people at there appointments ,I registered them and check there insurance and then sent there paper work on to there apt location,also the night before there appointment give them a call this is a fast paste job and is very organized.
Pros
working with great doctors and nurses
Cons
a lot of patients
Ambulatory Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 12, 2018
Great place to work. It can depend on the department but it is easy to move around and networking is key at BMC. Its escental to get to know people .
quick work p-ace
Patient Hospitality Rep (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 9, 2018
Boston Medical Center is a great place to work. If you love what you do, you would love to work there. They do have great benefits. They also offer a lot of overtime depending what department you are in.
Great first Job
Radiologic Technologist I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 3, 2018
BMC is a great place to work right out of school. It is high paced and you will see a lot of exams that would be rare at other facilities. That said it takes a particular person to handle this pace for more than five years. Burn out is definatley an issue
Do not recommend
Epic (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 31, 2018
The organizational environment at BMC is terrible - no fault of the newer President and CEO. The nurses working the floors are not at all happy, and, if you are not a nurse - it's even worse. The NCIO had no problem asking technical staff to work mandatory unpaid overtime - however, this would never cut muster for the nursing staff - as they belong to a union - and get paid when they work. Too many of the upper nursing staff have been there far too long and have a sense of entitlement to their positions - these are like the nursing equivalent of stereotypical government jobs. And, these career nurses, who don't have the skills to move positions, would stab you in the back if they felt at all threatened. I would never, ever encourage anyone to work at BMC - it's just not a good organizational environment overall.

The newer CEO needs to "disinfect the hospital" of staff that is not supportive or are of the old regime - those people need to go, fast.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Terrible working environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss