Boston Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great working environment , great benefits
Licensed Practical Nurse in Women's Health Group (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 8, 2018
Great place to work with great benefits especially Health Insurance options. Numerous opportunities to advance in your career and exciting new developments in healthcare.
Terrible
Health information management (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MADecember 7, 2018
Worked there for 2 months and they fired half of the team with no warning or valid explanation. Very unprofessional and morally wrong if you ask me. Myself along with the others are now jobless and we know it’s not easy to find a job now a days. Thanks BMC!!!!!!
Great Place to Work
UNIT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 3, 2018
Great place to work, I have no complaints besides the fact that parking could be more affordable for employees and we could have better lunch options.
Energetic and enjoys challenges
Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2018
I enjoy working independently on projects, but at the same time i like to seek guidance and ideas from my team, teamwork is also very important for me.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No room for growth
Modern day slavery
Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2018
Loyalty means nothing to this institution. Unethical and void of morals. Seniority means nothing. They will bully you to get what they want then toss you out when no longer needed.
It is fast paced and a great place to learn if you are in a good unit
LPN (Former Employee) –  In patientNovember 14, 2018
The company itself is good, but my unit manager is not a good leader. He fires people without any tangible reason especially if you are not on the good side of his ‘clique’.
Benefits
Cons
Depends on your unit
Fast paced work environment
Emergency Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 29, 2018
My coworkers and I went through several work environmental and departmental changes that provided a feeling of uncertainty and instability instead of a comfortable environment with progress, confidence and self actualization.
Pros
Developed good relations with co-workers.
Cons
The same position went through three different departments.
I liked it
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 21, 2018
It was great .learned a lot and met a great group of individuals. We all worked hard and kept to ourselves. Always a TEAM WHEN NEEDED . BMC is a great place to grow .
Pros
Pay
Cons
Had to relocate
Great hospital, amazing mission
Denials Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 17, 2018
Boston Medical Center is a great place to work. The mission of the hospital is one which is felt by most staff and they work to ensure that the patient's are cared for and treated with dignity.
Pros
Great mission
Cons
Lack of accountability amongst departments
Complication
EHR Facilitator (Contact) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 15, 2018
Place of work can be productive and moving. However, it can be a bit unorganized and the workplace culture has a long way to go. I feel that some changes are happening and are in the process, however, they can be a bit more responsible in the process taken and considerate. The people here are great and the working environment can be more comforting. The developmental process is an accomplishment because of the change that happens to compare the beginning of the process to the end.
Lots of Advancement Oppurtunities
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 11, 2018
Although I wasn’t too fond of some people within my department, I’m not there for them. Boston Medical Center has a lot of career advancement opportunities and ability to network and make connections. I loved my manager and how well he treated his staff. I would definitely go back to BMC sometime later in the future. They value their nurses a lot and offer good tuition reimbursement perks for their employees if you choose to go back to school.
Pros
Work hours, overtime flexibility, benefits, and much more !
Cons
Negative Nancy’s in my department, the location of the facility
Family home
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 8, 2018
Very quiet. Listen to your music. U come in do your work. Like if U are at home.. Do your job u have know problem..a very diversity place.. If need overtime will give it to you.. Good benefits. Friendly place
love working with my co-workers
Ambulatory Services Representative III (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 8, 2018
love working with my co-worker
out going environment
very easy to get along with employee
Can be stressful
multi-tasking environment
hours are good
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced advanced imaging hospital
overnight lead Mri tech (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 30, 2018
The hospital is updated with the latest imaging technology. Fast paced working environment with many skilled peolple working in their modalities. Research projects and new techniques often performed.
Pros
most updated current imaging technology
Cons
commute
Epic Senior Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 25, 2018
Good culture. The systems their need to be revamped because they used to use old outdated technology SDK but they are dedicated to serving the community which they work out of.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not collaborative
its an okay place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 23, 2018
it an okay place to work, but when i was there , the nursing staff splitted into 2 categories, the white at Boston University and most of the black nurses in Boston medical building. but overtimes i think they changed, i never returned since i left.
Great workplace with lots of automy.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 17, 2018
Upon arrival to the floor I would take report on all at risk patients on the floors and extremely sick ICU pts, I would round on all the floors and check in with the nurses to see if they needed help with any of their patients.

I was able to learn a lot from my time at Boston Medical Center. The patients were so sick, some of the sickest in the world. The hospital is a very busy Level1 Trauma Center.

Management was great, although not always very hands on, her door was always open.

The workplace culture was sometimes difficult. Because of my role I noticed a lot of horizontal violence, which I feel should never be tolerated.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to teach as much as I did. Also, I loved being a part of the Trauma & Code Teams.
Pros
Hospital environment
Cons
No lunches or breaks.
I enjoyed working at BMC.
Intern for Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 15, 2018
I did outreach for Boston Medical Center for the research of AIDS/HIV. I implemented and created flyers to issue out in the communities to draw persons in for testing for clinical trials.
Pros
It was a good experience.
Cons
I wish I would had more than two years!
Profession Revenue Cycle Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2018
My experience at BMC was overall good. I learned a lot about charge masters and how to do all that work, got to work from home one day a week, and my manager was absolutely flexible with our schedules. The issues was the higher up (which seems to be the issues wherever you go) I only left the job because I didn't like living in Boston so far away from family.
just a regular medical center
Accounting Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 7, 2018
Only worked here for very short time, not so familiar with the working culture and co-workers. If I have chance to get a long-term job here, I would like to work here again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight