Boston Medical Center Employee Reviews

good place to work
Precertification Rep (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2018
I really loved working there. great staff. very caring place for patients. great health ins for people with a large family. great training for staff to learn and grow.
Pros
overall great place to work
Cons
cold offices
Fellow employees were fun to work with
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 18, 2018
We would go where the manager at night would tell us too. Sometimes in Urgent Care, ER, or Admitting. Everyone was very nice to work with. The manager was also fair at night.
Good pay and benifits, lots of room for advancement
Registration Representative ( Patient Access ) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 7, 2018
Pay was great, staff was great, lots of room for advancement was provided, benefits were more than adequate - transportation assistance was even provided - staff was friendly
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 3, 2018
I enjoy working at Boston Medical Center whose mission is to provide outstanding care to all patients and families. Boston Medical Center is dedicated to keeping all their employees happy.
Big Boston hospital
ICU FLOAT NURSE (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 26, 2018
This is a great place to work if you want to experience a teaching hospital and make an excellent living. The cons would be rotating shifts, which are really awful, and a toxic work environment.
Three positions over 14 years
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 22, 2018
I worked for Boston Medical Center for 14 years in three departments, Human Resources, Payroll, and Legal Services. I enjoyed all three positions. BMC is a good place to work.
Pros
People
Cons
Laid-off
Collaborative and Caring Work Environment
Senior Office Assistant-Pediatric Specialties (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 17, 2018
The team I worked with was kind and resilient, as well as hard-working and caring for their patients. The environment was light-hearted and quick-paced, but always efficient and comfortable for all employees.
Collaborative place of employment
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mattapan, MAJune 16, 2018
Work could challenging at times as the children would present behavioral, health, and developmental, and educational disabilities. We worked collaboratively as a team of educators and providers with specialized training to work with the children that the center served. Working with a team who implemented an action plan based on the goals of each individual child made work life go a lot smoother.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Short breaks
Good hospital
Travel Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2018
Overall the hospital is great. Management on the postpartum floor was very involved. Pricey area to live in and commute can be challenging. Staff was great!
Very interesting place to work you learn a lot and see a lot.
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 21, 2018
I have learned a lot in my time here at Boston Medical Center. I have learned everything from checking in a patient in a clinic to be seen to booking a patient a surgical procedure. It can be a challenging place to work at time with our patient population but you just do your best to make sure the patients needs are being met.

Want to know more about Boston Medical Center?

Ask a question
Very unprofessional
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 20, 2018
I worked in ob gyn at Boston Medical Center, not BMC Healthnet Plan. Unfortunately, the environment was very unprofessional and judgemental of others.
good
Fellowship (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 22, 2018
I completed my fellowship at Boston Medical Center. It was a great learning experience. I hope to find a position in nephrology. The typical day varied.
Great work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2018
It was a pleasure to work here. If given the opportunity I would gladly accept another position if offered. Staff was great to work with and always available to lend a helping hand.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 16, 2018
- participate in different studies that are focused on a certain community
- research-based
- qualitative data analysis is involved
- friendly environment
Incredible Place to Work
Vice President Supply Chain Operations (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 14, 2018
Boston Medical Center was an awesome place to work. I recommend it highly to anyone seeking to advance their professional career and feel a true part of the community they serve.
Pros
Competitive salary and benefits
Cons
Construction challenges
Awesome experience!
Labor and Delivery RN (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 4, 2018
I began as a new-grad RN at BMC. It is a great place to get experience, as the setting is relatively high-risk with a very diverse patient population. It will be valuable to you if you speak another language. Almost every day is certainly fast-paced and you will not get much down-time- that's work, right? There is much collaboration between nurses, MD's, and CNM's in the L&D setting.
Pros
Excellent benefits, nursing union
Cons
Not many breaks
n/a
Certified Application Counselor (CAC) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 2, 2018
Great place to work. Full of diversity and opportunities. Great team work, great support. Great doctors excellent services to patients and families. etc...
Clinical Lab Testing is constant and challenging
MED TECH II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 25, 2018
At BMC there is a very Diverse Culture
All in all it's the people you work with day by day that is most rewarding. The technical aspects are extremely challenging as we perform high complexity testing in the Hematology Lab
Metric base
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2018
The hospital is very much metric based and goal oriented. Everything is tracked and with a top-down approach. Lack of support and guidance. The hospital has great ideas and good intentions but it is passed on in a penalizing manner.
Great place to work, but....
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2018
Great place to work, but it is really hard to climb up the ladder. They make it difficult w/ out asking for "BA degree for a dietary position"

Jobs positions are blatant because they cant ask you to do something that is NOT in you job description "so you thought" to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss