Boston Pizza

Clear
3.0Pay & Benefits

pizzaplacegreatjobworkdayenjoygood

Great first job

Boston pizza was my first job where I worked for 4 years. I loved the flexibility offered as a student. Pay was okay but no benefits. Met lots of fun people and was an upbeat environment, great for young people

Pros

Fun work environment

Cons

Pay

Positive environment.

Staff and management, we're understanding and respectful. I worked here while in school, and they were great with my scheduling around day time hours and any additional time needed. Enjoyable environment.

Pros

Friendly staff and customers.

Cons

Higher turn over rate.

Boston Pizza insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun place to work

Fun and inviting environment. Very good management. Good food and amazing drinks. Everyone is friendly and a big family. Love working here and wouldn’t ask for a better place.

Good

I was a driver. It was laid back and easy I liked it quite a bit. Would recommend as a second job to make some extra cash, but definitely not as a main source of income because it’s not guaranteed that it’ll be busy. Great for students.

Decent

Decent if your the managers favorite otherwise good luck. Too much gossip and high-school environment.Slightly racist Bare minimum is valued over hard work

Poor quality food results in many complaints

Overall I did not enjoy my time at BP. Managers were inappropriate or rude. Food quality is bad so tips are low and customers complain all the time. It's an alright starting job if you're young but find a better restaurant when you want to make some actual money.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Flexible work schedule

Not a hard job, can learn everything pretty quick. Can get stressful sometimes, but usually is never too bad. Flexible scheduling was a plus. Sometimes you had long work hours.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Poor Management

A great atmosphere

I've been working for Boston Pizza for a few years now. I like the family environment and I like how it is easy to move up in the company. Their food is pretty good and the tips are pretty good and steady. I've always made pretty good money as a server working at Boston Pizza. The hours are flexible and they are pretty lenient with time off as long as you give a a few weeks notice!

Pros

Flexible scheduling, good tips

Cons

Constantly expecting more from employees while offering no incentives to work harder.

Honestly do yourself a favour and never apply here. Minimum wage with no raises to base pay. The raises you do get are an increase to your tip out percentage resulting in your coworkers getting less in their own.They'll work you like a dog and still expect more.

Pros

Coworkers depending on shift.

Cons

About everything you can think of when you think of a toxic workplace.

Fun and busy place to work

Fun place to work, with great coworkers. Would get really busy sometimes and can be a bit disorganized. Tips were pretty good addition to the pay. would recommend.

Pros

Discount on food

Cons

Understaffed at times

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Boston Pizza?

Delivery driver

When it’s busy you make good money, when it’s slow it sucks. Also they sometimes Schedule a lot of drivers which is fine when it busy. But when it’s slow you end up not making much… you don’t get paid per hour… just drivers charge and tips

Pros

Relaxed Very flexible schedule

Cons

Not good when it’s slow

Easy job, only stressful during lunch and dinner times.

I enjoyed my work experience at Boston Pizza, my management and coworkers were all very nice and it was a laid-back job, aside from lunch and dinner rushes which weren't even that stressful.

Pros

Free lunch, tips, flexible hours.

Cons

Standing for long amounts of time, shifts may be cut.

Ok place to start your restaurant career

Easy interview to get in. Good working hours. Ok tip out. Depends on location a lot as they it is franchised. Management at my location was not good.

Below e

Slow and boring I found that the tips were okay but very long hours. If you really want o see results you have to woke at least a 10-12 hour shift. Was at least able to pay off school debt

Fun workplace

I worked at the Fort Saskatchewan location for about 8 years and aboselutley loved it. I have friends I still talk to I met from working there, there were days that were stressful, but it was part of the business. The benefits weren't great but they were something, and the only issue I had was the schedule as you didn't have consistent days off. The owner and upper management actually took the time to ensure everyone was on the same page as they did call staff meetings often. Due to covid regulations and sustaining a temporary debilitating injury forced me leave and it was a pretty sad day for me.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Short hours

Good part time job

Good part time job for a student, offen understaffed so your required to work harder than you have to, been there 4 year never got a raise. Also when it’s busy you don’t get your break and you are not composited in any way, we used to get free break food but that stopped about 2 years ago.

Pros

Free food

Cons

No raise, over worked, rarely get breaks

Great place to work part time while you're in school or if you're in between iobs.

Long hours on your feet with minimal breaks. Even if you only have a 3 hour long shift there are multiple lists of duties and some intense cleaning jobs and high expectations of getting them all done before you leave. Many employees have the "minimum wage, minimum effort" type of mentality. Raises are very rare, they like to keep you as close to minimum wage as possible, no matter how many years you've worked there. Every location seems to have a clique, inner circle, type of group which usually consists of the management team which enjoys talking trash about staff behind their backs and spreading rumors.

Pros

Discounted meals while on and off shift.

Cons

Long hours, minimal breaks, multiple lists of duties and intense cleaning jobs, high expectations, employees have the "minimum wage, minimum effort" mentality, raises are very rare, every location seems to have a clique, inner circle, type of group which usually consists of the management team

Good start in the industry!

Easy way to start in the service industry. Straight forward and easy to get used to. Management can be okay depending on your location. Decent tips and decent hours.

Was a awesome place to work

Pros

Decent discounts, awesome upper management

Cons

Meh benefits

Great workplace

Great place to work. Servers are all very collaborative. Full time hours are difficult to achieve. Short shifts so your paychecks are never very high.

fun place

fun place to work, good learning, management is helfull, workers are friendly, easy to co-ordinate among staff. fast paced during rush time. good for short term

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Boston Pizza.
Powered byComparably

Compare Boston Pizza with

• Boston Pizza
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?