Boston Pizza

3.1Pay & Benefits

Boston Pizza insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Great first job

Boston pizza was my first job where I worked for 4 years. I loved the flexibility offered as a student. Pay was okay but no benefits. Met lots of fun people and was an upbeat environment, great for young people

Pros

Fun work environment

Cons

Pay

Fast paced and multitasking is a must

Working for Boston’s was fun , it was challenging at times , it did lack some good servers. Which made it hard to consistently give out good service since some servers served better than others. The scheduling was too up and down , sometimes you got a full 40 hours , other times you were barely making enough money to live off of .

Pros

Free meals

Cons

No breaks, not enough staff

Learned a lot from working for this company.

If your looking for advancement forget about it. You learn the do's and don'ts. As long as your a good foot soldier and listen to whatever they tell you to do. Nothing really changes except your hours. You could work 35 hours or 8.

Pros

Breaks

Cons

Discount lunches

fun work place

I really enjoyed working here and was a little sad to leave. My day at work was in the afternoon and I would take over the cash register and answer the phones and take orders. I would always smile at the costumers and my co workers. Even if some one would come in not having a good day they would lev with a smile because I made them smile. And if there was a problem with an order I would take care of it. I met a lot of people in fact till this day people ask me don't I know you, didn't you work at Boston Pizza. And just that would make me smile and know that people so miss me there. We would take our breaks and the food was free for us and that was a plus also as well but then we all worked so well together that we considered us as the Boston Pizza family.At the end of my shift I would count all the money ann put it away in a safe place and clean around and lock up and go home.

Pros

meet new people

Cons

no benefits

Fun enviornment

Worked here for 5 plus years established great working friendships chaotic at times with opportunity to make good money

Pros

discount

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Lack of structure and direction

I would rather not say much about the company other than they lack structure and direction from the top down. The owners of the company have a great vision and goals in mind. The concerns come when the owners are not in the office, 85% of the year. The individual who has been put at the helm of the ship, does not have the same vision and goals as the owners, thus the disconnect and lack of direction. Very little inter and cross departmental conversation.

Pros

meal plan, employee parties, compensation

Cons

communication, direction and management

busy and fun working atmosphere

if u need to learn working in a fast and busy atmosphere then boston pizza is such a place

Cons

no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Boston Pizza.
Powered byComparably