Boston Private Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
great work enviroment
Client Service Administrator I (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 25, 2018
excellent work/life balance, friendly management. Easy to learn new processes and systems, definitely not a stressful job. very quiet too. overall rating is great but the compensation could be better...
Life at Boston Private
Client Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAMay 25, 2018
Loved coming to work in the Granada Hills Office.
I balance the ATM every morning
Review reports
Help clients in person, phone, and email
Help with monthly, quarterly, and annual certifications
Always learning new things

Love working with this group of people
Pros
Love this group of people
Cons
When our office got sold to Homestreet
contract Credit Admin Specialist
Credit Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 6, 2018
I, unfortunately, did not have the best experience with my team. But I would say that it is unusual. Boston Private has a great company culture with many knowledgeable people willing to mentor and collaborate. If you're set on a career in finance Post Office sq location is the place to be.
Pros
people
Cons
specifically lack of structure, and collaboration with my team of supervisors
Good Company to work for
AVP-Deposit Management Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 28, 2018
I love this company. They care about the employees. A lot of employee engagement. Very very generous. You do a good job and you get recognized and that is really good for employee moral. I would consider retiring here if I don't plan on relocation out of state.
Fun learning experience at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Opened new customer accounts including checking, saving, line of credit and trust accounts.
Processed sales referrals and prompted bank services and products, resulting in 40% branch sales increase.
Got a promotion within less than 6 months and moved to a bigger city and a office to match.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long hours of work sitting down at a desk
Amazing Opportunity to Learn about Financial Management
Client Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2018
Working for Boston Private has been incredible. The office is small so the workplace environment is very relaxed and laid-back. Open communication with management and co-workers. Pretty slow throughout the day so there is a lot of downtime. While working here I learned how to better manage my money and learn to invest as well as make financial moves that will be a positive influence on my future.
Pros
Hour lunch, In the Mall, Great Environment, Many working perks
Cons
Low salary, cold inside
Great place to work and grow.
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 13, 2017
Boston Private Bank is a great place to work. I especially enjoyed working at the Post Office Square location. If you ever have an opportunity to apply for a position with the Deposit Management group, go for it! My supervisors were good people interested in my career. The clients were very friendly people who appreciate all you do for them. And the pace of work ensures that you will never be bored. I learned something new every month if not every week. Boston Private also does very well on being a diverse workplace. Workers are encouraged to do their best and adequately rewarded on the merits of that work.
Pros
Great brand, great company, lovely people, rewarding work
Cons
Not enough locations
Productive and entertaining place to work, would recommend
Commercial Loan Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2017
Excellent place to work but can feel hard to stand out, they do appreciate new ideas and hard work. Management is caring and understanding, excellent work/life balance
Great bank
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMay 7, 2017
Great bank, good environment, excellent pweople, great growing bank, staff are very friendly and help. I hope Boston Private Bank grows as fast as it plans to do so,
Loan Department Management
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 16, 2017
The Mortgage Loan Department Management is in need of proper training. Unprofessional comments and nasty attitudes from coworkers. Always watch your back or they will kick you under the bus.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Unprofessional Loan Department Management
Professional/ Simple
Community Investment (CRA) Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 12, 2017
the tasks were fairly simple and the staff were very kind and helpful.
The projects can vary from challenging/ complex to simple as making copies. I had my own cubical and it was very nice but there was not a lot of interaction with others. Everyone kept to themselves but they were very nice.
The hardest part of the day was leaving because you're so motivated to finish the projects and start the new ones.
Boston Private Bank & Trust
Financial Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2017
Its an upscale environment with uptight management . There are some young people but only in customer service or IT . Working for this company is pretty satisfactory , because they understand work life balance and work load is usually very low compare to some other companies I used to work for.
FUn place
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 9, 2017
Great company, great morales. Very up tight people. Learned alot since the technology was so old. Management wasn't very involved. End users were awesome.
Pros
Work/ Life balance Great people to work with
Cons
SHort breaks
Excellent environment to work in
Business Intelligence Developer - Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 14, 2016
Management is friendly and understanding that there is a great work life balance and the schedule is flexible about working remote or different hours as long as you are meeting expectations.
Good place to work, if you like to still feel like your in highschool.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 20, 2016
Great Place to work, Awesome opportunities for growth. Too much gossiping, office felt like high school. Great place to hit the ground and learn new things.
Pros
Laid back environment, just get your job done
excellent
Client Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 29, 2016
it was great until new changes occurred. Great company!!!
I don't have any regrets
I'll be happy to work with them again.
What can I said I wasn't ready to learn from unexperience folks
business geared to stock price
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 14, 2016
Managed by what is best for the stock price, BPFH, which limits focus on employee growth and retention, otherwise an OK place to work.
Fun Place
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2016
Good place to work with good people. Interview process was easy and thorough. The benefits seem to be pretty standard but still a good bank. A lot of changes going on in management but they do a good job of keeping everyone informed.
Beautiful office
Trust Department Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 9, 2016
Conveniently location right off a major freeway. Beautiful office staffed with very professional individuals. Nice professional banking environment with nice Friday food perks.
A great company
Desktop Network Support Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 2, 2016
Provide desktop support for the entire San Francisco Bay Area Offices as well as remote employees.
Responsible for configuring, monitoring, upgrading and maintaining systems hardware, software and related infrastructures.
Manage GPO maintenance and patching deployment.
Configure, monitor, and deploy all VOIP phones using Cisco Web based terminal services.
Re-image and configure laptops for new single or group use.
Deploy, support, and replace all network printers and personal devices.
Perform regular system backups and recovery procedures, closely following standard operating procedures to ensure system security.
Manage all peripheral devices including iPhones and iPads (mobile support).
Roll out all new hire hardware & software deployments.
The lead for all onboarding and off boarding of employees from a technology perspective alongside the Human Resource Department.
Manage computer resets and refresh deployments.
Setup and test conference room equipment for training seminars.
Supported all Polycom Units for the SF Bay Area region.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Private. Our community is ready to answer.