Boston Properties Employee Reviews

great place
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2018
Great place liked the people bosses were fair, great benifits, great raises great place to work I miss it alot hope to go back some day,
They sold the building where I worked.
Pros
nice people
Very well Run
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Company is leader in industry. Management want employees to be involved and develop their skills. Encourage employees to further their education with aid from company. However, salary is not at their peers level.
Pros
benefits/time off
Cons
Salary/Bonus
BP has been a great place to work. I’ve learned a lot.
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 12, 2017
Great place to work. I’ve been with this company 11 years. It’s time for something new. I’ve also been in the same position the entire time. This company has commited employees and there’s just no movement.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
No movement
Busy and Productive
Regional Engineer, Property Management (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 7, 2017
Great people that are willing to share their knowledge. The most enjoyable part of working at Boston Properties is the continuous learning of all aspects of commercial property management
Pros
Shared Knowledge
Cons
no cons
Was a good place to work at one time
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 17, 2017
Outsourced all the building engineers, no job security after dedicating many years to the company, corporate had no regard for personal in the buildings.
Lack of support from upper management
Internal employee (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 18, 2017
Of all companies ive worked for Boston Properties provided the least amount of support for new hires and people working up the ladder. They rely mostly on the engineering department to run the buildings, interact with tenants and manage construction jobs with little to no support from management. Normally this would be fine but from what i understand they just outsourced the entire department and took away all these benefits.

They do however provide a nice bonus inncentive and 401k match if you can last.
Pros
401k, bonus
Cons
Limited support, no loyalty to long term employees
na
Senior Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 7, 2017
Excellant company to work for with great beneffit packgae. Great communication between managment and employees. Being with the company for 15 years it was a very difficult decision to leave but made a family decision to relocate out of state.
Great Company
San Francisco, CA - Senior Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2017
Boston Properties is a solid Blue Chip company with great people leading the helm. I would not have left if it was not for the work of a trusted confidante that lured me from them. They people across the board are great and the work environment, though stressful and demanding, is fun and collaborative.
A good company, interesting people
E-1 Operating Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 23, 2017
Typically a day at work involves responding to tenant needs and service calls. Preventative maintenance is ongoing. Escorting contractors and giving access to work areas. All in all a good job with great benefits. Some of the people are odd but that's typical anyplace
Pros
Free parking in the city (DC) great 401k match, lots of vacation time
Cons
commuting to the city, people think i'm a janitor, not an engineer...
Always active
Lead Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 16, 2017
Check building system and equipment through the BSA system
Perform critical round to tall critical building areas
To know the building and to meet dead lines are the most hard part of the job.
met dead lines and job accomplished are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
some short breaks
Enjoyable Work Environment
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 3, 2017
The workplace culture at BP was hardworking, but balanced with perks. I enjoyed being able to work on various projects and not being stuck at my desk all day long.
Excelente para trabalhar.
Engenheiro de Manutenção. (Former Employee) –  Virginia e Washington DC USA.February 20, 2017
Excepcional tratamento aos Empregados. Tremendas oportunidades de crescimento dentro da Companhia.
Pros
Tudo.
Cons
Desejaria ter ficado mais tempo.
Corporate Fitness Works
Program Manager/ Fitness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2017
This was the worst job that I ever had! The do not care about employees well being. If sick or experiencing any time of emergency you are still expected to come into work.
OK place
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 13, 2016
Generally a nice place to work. Fast paced day at times and other slow. Peers were helpful with questions. Advancement was not available. Pay very low for the work you do.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Hours - 9 to 6
Good experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 20, 2016
Great for college kids. Good pay, ducky hours. Also their break system sucked. Too many chiefs not enough Indians. Overtime is given to whoever they prefer instead on whoever is the senior in the equation.
Great company, great people!
Administrative Assistant - Construction (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2016
I enjoy my job and I love the people I work with. However, there is no opportunity for advancement in an administrative role unless you have a desire to transition into Property Management. Since working for this company, I have gotten married and had my first child. The commute with me living in Maryland and working in Washington, DC is something I would like to remove from my work week. I desire to work closer to home or at least have the option to drive to work and not have to pay over $300/month to park in my building's garage. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and the atmosphere of the office, starting at the head.
Pros
free use of fitness center for employees and annual bonuses
Cons
low advancement opportunities
Great company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2015
The day begins as I check the curb appeal (or line of sight) that a tenant would see. Items I view and address are: is the sidewalk clean, is the lobby glass clean, are the floors clean, does my access card work, are the security guards present and attentive, do I have to wait for an elevator, is the elevator clean, can I access my secured space, are the lights on, was the trash removed, does my computer turn on, is the temperature comfortable. I learn and get exposed to something nearly on a daily basis which is what I love about this industry. We have a great team at our building and we all communicate very well with each other, without that it would be much more challenging. The hardest part of the job is logistics -meaning planning between work, tenant, regional directives and keeping everything amicable for all parties. I am one of the lucky ones who gets up every day and I love what I do. Solving new problems every day is extremely gratifying.
Pros
high exposure to new areas of work, encouraged extra schooling reimbursement, great health benefits and plenty of other reasons.
Cons
standard large company red tape which can slow things down when quick action needs to occur.
Interesting Position
Events and Meetings Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2015
The job has an interesting change for me, but I have learned a lot from this position and also what I can and cannot do. Overall, I have enjoyed my time here.
United staff focused on clear and achievable goals
Employee (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 16, 2015
Boston Properties is a really great company and staff in a fascinating industry which confirmed my interest in pursuing a career in the field
Co-Workers
Intern - Commercial Real Estate Leasing Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2015
Wonderful to work with! Great working environment. I learned so much with this company and it was a valuable summer internship that I cherish.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Properties. Our community is ready to answer.