Boston Scientific

Found 1,432 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,826 reviews

Boston Scientific insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

• 8 years of experience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing in various industries such as Healthcare, Financial, Banking and Insurance.• Excellent testing experience in manual, automated testing tools and ETL applications testing• Excellent skills in writing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts.• Experience encompasses the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), which includes planning, analysis, design, development, testing, integration, and support.• Proficient in using automated testing tools such as Quick Test Pro, Quality Center and Test Director.• Adept in analyzing business requirements and developing and executing test plans, test cases, and test scenarios for manual/automated testing.• Involved in functionality, regression, black box, back-end, integration, user acceptance, load, stress, and performance testing.• Extensive experience in database/backend testing using MS SQL Server, Oracle, and SQL queries.

GREAT coworkers & benefits, but BAD management.

Coworkers are great people with very few occasional bad apples. They're supportive of you most of the time and are a great way of helping you through your work days. The benefits are also exceptional, if you want benefits this is a great start.Most management are pretty horrible in my experience. They're ALL about numbers and will do absolutely anything to achieve it. And I mean ANYTHING. We have had no talking, no walking, no closing eyes, have to work multiple jobs at once, and signing paper to go to the bathroom "rules" you could say. This is all to achieve their monthly goals. They don't even give proper raises or promotions even with all of this. Some of these rules are still into effect and can change depending on your management but overall you're less likely to get a genuine good person as your management.If you have experience I suggest you try and get a position with experience required because you can have a hard time getting promoted after you're hired. There's also overtime but it's mostly mandatory with little voluntary. If you like overtime, this work has some for you.An advice for anyone is to have great attendance because they will not hesitate to fire you unless you have proven and been working here long enough for them to not want to fire you.

Pros

Great benefits, paper cups for drinking water plastic ware paper plates & bowls, great coworkers, has 1st shift Lunch catering which you can pay for, has free coffee, microwaves, cafeteria area to eat, free various otc medicine in small packets, various bandage sizes, and more food & drinks you can buy if you need.

Cons

BAD management, parking may be far from where you work, opportunity for advancement is not good, you may VERY occasionally overwork yourself for nothing.

Great people and great company

The challenge was with our direct management team who did not recognize the talented people in their organization. All three senior leaders left the organization within a year of each other.

Your first line manager is the key to success or failure, fun or burnout. I have had both.

Isn't production of medical devices what Boston Scientific makes their money on, why is the labor to make that part and test it for compliance paid so poorly? Well, the machines do most of the work, the worker is very replaceable. The risk of getting a terrible manager or an overworked department is really high.

Pros

if your manager remembers to include your department, you can get free food or stuff sometimes.

Cons

The daily grind can really make you hate life if you are in bad department with a P.O.S. manager.

Mucho cuidado con lo que te ofrecen por teléfono.

Empresa con pocas posibilidades de crecimiento, no se aplica la meritocracia, vale es la amistad que tengas con tu jefe. Cuando te hacen la entrevista telefónica te dibujan un mundo que no existe, el tiempo extra es siempre discutido, jefes con poca experiencia. En conclusión no es lo que pinta ser.

Pros

Seguro Médico, diferentes horarios.

Cons

Jefes sin experiencia, cero meritocracia, Empresa se encuentra a 20 millas de la ciudad más cercana, No hay transporte por parte de la empresa, Sueldo MUY bajo para el grado de responsabilidad que tienes, Recursos Humanos nunca sabe responder tus inquietudes.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Pésima compañia.

Malísima, no les importan sus empleados y sólo los amigos de los jefes obtienen puestos. El overtime es tiempo y medio. No tienen consideración y la toma de decisiones es malísima.

Great culture of quality and continuous improvement; dreadful work/life balance

I spent 12 years with Boston Scientific and always found the work extremely rewarding. Quality and continuous improvements were hallmarks of my time there, and my peers were always looking out for me and for one another to ensure we were set up for success.Work/Life balance tended to be a nightmare, however. Never-ending overtime, and the management culture seemed to insist you take your bad days or missteps home with you to dwell on.

Pros

Great benefits, Opportunities for advancement

Cons

Pay was not competitive, Mid-Upper Management often inept

Good job just management issues

I really Cant complain. Great benefits but the job was irritating and very repetitive. Understaffed at all times so overtime is always available these days.

Great work life balance and management is giving me opportunities to grow.

I took on a role that I was overqualified for to get experience with the company and culture. Fast forward 10 months and I am excelling and management has recognized it. They have provided me with a great work life balance (I have 2 children and 2 dogs to care for) and opportunities for growth. I am currently training for the next step in advancement. Their culture is fast-paced but they have not fully transformed into new ways of working. They are headed in the right direction by hiring specialists to get us to the next level.

Pros

Flexible work schedule, hybrid remote work

Cons

Super fast pace, slower than expected culture mindset shift into new ways of working.

Best company I've ever worked for.

If you are fortunate enough to get hired at Boston Scientific you will be set for your career life. Lots of internal opportunities for development and career advancement.

Great place to work - If you are Outcome driven first, and then$

Overall great experience, training, salary, etc. You get what you put into it, and if you want to advanced patient outcomes, you can influence Doctors, Nurses & Hospital's on what's available & why!

Pros

Crush it, it's a great ride!

Cons

Bottom 10'ish get cut, but that's called work!

Good intern program

Loved the company culture. I was only an intern but the program is great at giving real work and experience. Overall the company has lots of amenities on campus and is always having some event for employees.

Pros

Lots of free food, fun work

repetitive assembly work

Everyday is another day from yesterday. coworkers were alright depending on who you are co-working as some are better at their job than others. always pushed to meet the quota every shift and short staff

Pros

great benifits

Cons

everyday is another day like counting clockwork

Great Work/Life balance... hard to move up

Great company that cares about the patient and doing things right. Awesome flexibility and the workload is not crazy. People are usually nice and personable.Not a ton of opportunity to move up the chain. Some decisions by upper management are too financially driven. low pay compared to others

Pros

Work/Life balance, great community

Cons

low pay

La paga no compensa el trabajo arduo que se ejecuta.

Actualmente trabajo en la empresa. Es una empresa excelente y su compromiso y desempeño es de excelencia, pero lamentablemente no valoran al empleado de manofactura, el trabajo que se realiza es muy arduo y la paga no compensa para nada la labor. Entiendo que para mantener a un buen empleado desempeñando un buen trabajo, debes asegurarlo con una paga decente y beneficios. También para lograr una permanencia es ilógico tener que esperar 3 años. Lamentablemente están perdiendo muchos empleados con mucho potencial y compromiso por la misma razón.

Pros

Si eres regular, cuentas con un buen seguro médico.

Cons

La paga no compensa la labor ardua. La permanencia tarda demasiado.

Getting pretty woke.

Have to work with some people who are diversity hires and help them to understand mechanical engineering. Most come here to get their foot in the door then move up to management quickly. Some really don't have good mechanical engineering skills but they cling to the diversity and other woke talking points to stay relevant. They force vaccines (can't come to work without getting the poke). They check a lot of the diversity boxes but I think they are going to be weaker in the next few years because of it. Too many engineers can't change out a limit switch or set up a camera inspection system. Not trying to be mean but this is how it is. If your not a POC you may want to pull an Elizabeth Warren and say you are a minority or part of the LGBTQ community so you have a better chance at getting hired. They hire mostly new engineers right out of college so you constantly have to train them. Very few experienced engineers and project leads. Most project leads have less than 5 years total experience so you have to constantly answer the same questions over and over again.

Pros

Reasonable pay, flexible work hours, reimburse for school & training.

Cons

Will overload you with work instead of hiring more employees, way too many meetings (micromanaging), do not allow you to carry over vacation time anymore, force vaccinations on employees, too many new engineers makes it difficult to get things done, becoming too WOKE almost like a university at this point, don't respect employee’s health choices/concerns, some interns are stuck doing production work instead of learning engineering skills, will overload you with work instead of hiring more employees.

My manager cares about us as people with lives away from work.

Boston Scientific managers and administration care about their employees. They stage special events to express their appreciation for the jobs their employees do. Also, managers/supervisors arrange breakfast, lunch and snacks to their specific employees on specific production lines to celebrate goals, birthdays and other milestones. I would like more opportunities for employees to advance, change positions and shifts as employees evolve in their lives @ work and home.

Pros

Work environment

Cons

Opportunities for advancement

Hard work, technically demanding, exhausting

You will be required to treat your job like it is your only commitment in life. Patient interaction is highly rewarding, but upper management treats you like they own you.

Pros

Rewarding company mission

Cons

No work-life balance

Ideal Company

Working as a Per Diem - Field Clinical Representative in the CRM division. I love the team, super organized, always helpful - territory could be smaller but outside of that zero complaints.

Pros

Cons

Large Territory

Good large company to work for

Overall a good experience. Some advancement, but there isn't enough staff to be promoted. Too many managers, not enough focus on the real issues and low budget to get things done.

Pros

Work life balance is excellent

Cons

Underpaid, benefits have gotten worse over the years, no clear purpose for department

Friendly working environment

Career growth and friendly coworkers and helpful management that takes care of it’s employees.all employees help and teach each other the right way of doing our jobs

Pros

Bonuses and friday free bagels

Cons

Too much overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.8Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
4.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Boston Scientific with

• Boston Scientific
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?