Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

Found 899 reviews matching the search See all 1,056 reviews
unfocused
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 18, 2019
I left Boston Scientific 7 years ago, at the time lay offs were occurring 2 to 3 X a year for several years.

I hear the company is much more stable, but I can't comment on the organization today.
Pros
Culture, pay
Cons
Lay offs
fast paced and personal accountability
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJanuary 16, 2019
I loved the pace and how you had to be accountable for yourself. A day would consist of me clocking in and getting to work. medical assembly paid fine but the scheduled didn't work for me.
it is an OK company
Senior Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 16, 2019
BSC is good place to work overall. the tax department was run by some people very young and energetic. they are fast paced and trying to copy the culture from big 4s.
Many fun gatherings at work
RECEIVING CLERK III (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJanuary 16, 2019
Hard work fast pace enjoyed working there for 30 years
Met alot of great people that will be freinds for life
Always were involved in volunteering around the community like helping hands,food for the hungry
Pros
Holiday parties, manager bought lunches for group acouple times a month
Cons
Super loud, alot of deliverys trucks would line up only 5 dock doors
They care more about production numbers than quality of product
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJanuary 14, 2019
You are timed by a timer overhead where every one can see. Each station has a timer, a big one, above your head, with a set goal for each hour, if you don't make that goal, you have to explain and they will let you go right on the spot in front of everyone if you don't make that number. They don't care about you, just the number of product. It is so fast paced, too many mistakes happen because they want you to go so fast. People get hurt, machines break down when going to fast. Co-workers from other stations are yelling at you to hurry up. The crew leads are intimitading, and so are the managers. The breaks are ridulucous, there is a timer for that too. You can't be late! They will fire you for that too! The short amount of time I worked there, so much turn over and people walking off the job!
Pros
Nice break room, cafeteria, good food, nice facility
Cons
Way too short of breaks!
Experienced how to commit quality plus quantity
Medical Device Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJanuary 14, 2019
Independent place to work more opportunities flexible schudale also it offers Scholarship upto $8000 since I was working here i learned a lot stuff and believe it’s very good place to work
Stressfull
Authorization Representative (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Is a very stressful job, and fast pace. There is sometimes that you will meet there expectation, and sometimes is impossible due to the hold times. Management is not very appreciative.
Stressful when run business in a dynamic and highly regulated market with fierce competiton
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  ChinaJanuary 6, 2019
Global senior management is trying to build a positive, inclusive and collaborative culture within the organization across all global offices. It takes time for good things to happen at regional or country level.

Good product, very customer and patine centric, good compliance.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, good senior management
Cons
political at middle levels and some stay in silo.
Worst Management on Earth
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJanuary 4, 2019
Liberian managers Hate you if you are not Hmong or Liberian. They force White employees to quit or fire them on fake charges....If someone doesn't like you on their line, they will LIE about you to get you fired or moved. It is a clown house. I would die before using a BSC product. I have never been treated so badly in my life as I was there. I once cared about people from other countries but after enduring the racism here, I care zero about them.
Pros
Best insurance ever for a good price, overtime if you are a "favorite"
Cons
Racism, not serious about products or quality, favoritism, low pay, constant lying, Rap music blaring all day and night.
horrible for temps
Logistics Associate Contractor (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 3, 2019
Upon returning after almost ten years of being employed temporarily, there was an utmost urgency to seal a position as an employee of the company named Boston Scientific. Unfortunately they don't hire low level employees. They just let them fight among themselves whom strive to be the laziest.
Pros
all just changed as they moved form one building to the next
Cons
There should be a limit to this
pretty good
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MN 55311December 21, 2018
nice environment to work at, but very low pay rate. friendly co-workers and outstanding relationship between employee and supervisor. I missed working there, but I can't recommend anybody to work there because of the low pay rate.
Pros
very clean environment, and good co-workers
Cons
low pay rate
Productive and fun place to work and learn
Quality Technician I (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CADecember 19, 2018
Productive and fun place to work and learn and make impact products that makes changes in patient life to live their life better. great leadership and opportunities.
Assembler/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 18, 2018
Was fun working there...friends and colleagues became family..they had a policy of not renewing contracts after one year..But the general working enviroment was great
Great pay
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INDecember 14, 2018
The company is a great place to work for someone who is single. Working there if you have a family would support them, but you would have little time with them.
Productive and fast paced
Administrative Assistant lll (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 29, 2018
I learned many things particularly about medical implants, including policies and procedures which is very important in that field. Depending on which department you are in your position will require you to be able to handle a very fast paced work environment.
Great Company great people
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 20, 2018
this place really great, they love and appreciate their employees. They hold so many great events and truly make working here a true blessing. Everyone is professional yet down to earth. I miss it there!
Productive and fun place to work
Lead Receiver/Stockroom Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 20, 2018
Loved working there made some very good friends. Careful they will feed you a lot so you may gain some extra pounds. My team were excellent enjoyed being there with them they made the work day seem so short because of all the fun we had. Supervisor and Manager were the best very flexible and understanding with your schedule, they valued family/personal life so if you had to call off or leave early it was never a problem. Would recommend working there!
Pros
Free lunches, Benefits, mandatory 1 week summer and winter breaks
days at Boston
SHIPPING CLERK II (Former Employee) –  Valencia CaNovember 16, 2018
fast paced work place end of day sometimes stressful rushing to get orders out, learned how to work together and learned other jobs associated with shipping, manager was very understanding, very diverse work place, being laid off was hardest part of job, most enjoyable working with co-workers became good friends.
Pros
free lunch sometimes and beat the heat days
Overall good employer
Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 15, 2018
A focused company with a lot of very dedicated individuals.

Competent management at the helm with great facilities and comfortable campus provide for career development opportunities and a good work/life balance round out the work experience.
Fantastic work-life balance, interesting people, stimulating work
Laser Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 12, 2018
I learned a lot here. Everyone here is very family oriented. Management on my project could be better, but it wasn't terrible. I loved the knowledge and skills I gained. I was trusted well. There is a foosball and ping pong table. There is also video games.
Pros
Team building events, knowledgeable people, interesting work, funny people
Cons
not great management, bad salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight