Bostwick Laboratories Employee Reviews

Love Bostwick/Poplar
Field Technician/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARApril 19, 2018
Good Pay and lots of Paid time off. Boss lives in a different state. Draw blood on some patients. Prepare biopsy and cytology kits and also ship them off. Need knowledge of insurance.
It was a job
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYApril 1, 2018
Company had quotas you had to meet. They valued quantity of work over quality. Management could be rather childish and unprofessional. How are you a โ€œLab Operations Managerโ€ but you donโ€™t know how to operate the lab equipment? Not long after I was hired they announced bankruptcy...so how is that quota system treating you these days?
Pros
Decent pay, coworkers become like family.
Cons
Dirty lab, no hot water, overall not an easy environment to work in.
Do not work at Bostwick
staff (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 30, 2018
unprofessional, poor staffing, poor salary, rude, non-compliant, favoritism, mean, liars,do not care about you at all. Miserable work environment, dirty workplace
Good experience
Associate Medical Director, Gynecor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 17, 2018
Unhappily it did not do well financially and eventually went out of business
Otherwise it was a good place to work.
Employess were treated fairly and they were valued for their work.
Benefits were excellent.
Pros
Good salary good work environment
Cons
Went our of businness
Relaxed Environment
Clinical Trials Representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 12, 2018
Very relaxed place to work even though it was pretty fast paced office. Employees and management were laid back, worked as a team and were super friendly.
Nothing to say
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJanuary 23, 2018
Not the best place to work. Employee could have been treated better especially when it came to holidays. Too far to travel for the amount being paid.
Rewarding
Director Of Operations (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 14, 2017
The organization was great to work for due to the unknown of what the day would hold. Helping patients were always the number one goal in the beginning and at the end of the day.
Difficult to review due to circumstances
Medical Technologist - FISH/Molecular Department (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYNovember 13, 2017
The company recently went out of business and was purchased by another lab. It is hard to evaluate the company since there have been many drastic changes in the last year.
Pros
they trust their employees to get their jobs done without micro managing
Cons
see my review
A Very friendly and family environment to work with
Regional Business Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 26, 2017
A Great place to work if you enjoy a healthcare environment and like multitasking helping others and problem solving. Always work hard and be loyal to the company.
Great co-workers, wrong company
Billing/ Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYOctober 15, 2017
My direct manager was amazing, and my co-workers a a joy to work with but upper management left a lot to be desired. There was a lot of uncertainty in the company's future which made everyone uncertain about their future with the company
Moderate
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYOctober 4, 2017
Great company to work for!!!๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

Fair, flexible, great staff, supportive, caring, compassionate and overall everyone I worked with was extremely intelligent.
Review
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYAugust 16, 2017
Days for work load can vary. No stability there. Very poor management. Too much micromanaging. Not enough people doing their jobs. Benefits are aplus.
benefits
Cons
poor managment
best job ever
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 3, 2017
Loved my job here but unfortunately they closed their TN location and I could not relocate to VA where corporate was. The company itself from what i know has now closed except for one small location in FL.
Eh.
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 26, 2017
I did not work here for very long, but my mother and aunt both had jobs with the company for years. It was not run well then, but since it has been taken over there has been blatant disregard for the few workers left. Except upper management, of course, who cuts jobs but give themselves bonuses that lap their paycheck.
Family oriented, promotions, excellent environment
Histotechnology Lab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2017
A lot of work but it's with one focus (patient care), great management, excellent workplace culture, hardest part of the job, a lot of work - but I see it as stability. The most enjoyable part of the job, everyone was like family. Truly!
Pros
Management, unity, teamwork, pay
Cons
none that I can think of
job
Cytology Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMay 26, 2017
Every day in bostwick labortories there is alot of work . i learned alot of the human body and i also learned about gynocology. Management is not that good they only think about them selves . work place is a nice enviorment nice people.The hardest part of the job would be just the amount of work that we have to complete a day .the most enjoyable part of the day is to help people .
Pros
nothing is free gere
Cons
brakes are okay
Bostwick was a great place to work for, unfortunately they went out of business. but overall a great place
Medical Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMay 8, 2017
Bostwick was a great place to work. I have met and learned alot while working here. Unfortunately they went out of business. but overall a great place
Collections agency
Data Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 4, 2017
Management was very lacking training in being professional, hence this is why thy have closed and no longer exist. I like a childish atmosphere this is this place for you to work.
Enjoy to do my work.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYApril 11, 2017
Enjoy to do my job. It will be better if everyone put same effort and more communication. This type of laboratory you have to be very careful because of someone life is depending on your performance. I love to be helpful whenever I'm worked.
productive, a challenge, an experience
Billing Cash Posting Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NY 11553March 25, 2017
The day was very productive. Enjoyed teaching my team new ways in posting. Management was very much available for assistance. A good environment. being versatile in different areas