Botsford Hospital Employee Reviews

Merger
Performance Measures Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 14, 2018
Botsford Hospital merged with Oakwood Health and Beaumont Health in 2014. Many of the job duties I had with Botsford are similar to what I currently do at Beaumont Health.
farmington hills location
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 6, 2017
Was a nice small hospital with a family feel. Beaumont has made many changes which include less pt care and contact and more on the right charting the "beaumont" ways. Higher upper management make rules and policies that do not make bedside care safer since they are being made from a desk. Sad watching Botsford change.
Cons
Terrible health insurance, high deductibles
Botsford
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 6, 2017
Learned a lot working at Botsford great company to work for taught me how to multitask and and deal with all types of people. The management had room for improvement staffing was always an issue.
Nice place to work
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 7, 2017
The day to day activities was like any other hospital. Smaller hospital with less staff. that gives it more of a homey feel. In general, it was a nice place to work.
Fast pace work environment you have to walk have of the day to retrieve signatures
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MINovember 6, 2017
Working at Botsford was an experience it was a fast pace work place the manager was fair and the employees would work with you if you didn't understand something.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Fair work place
Botsfords hospital was a good work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 6, 2017
The typical day is getting my day started. I learn that you must have patients while working with patients. The hardest part of job is getting hollow at by the patients,
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Half hour daily
Be Careful
Pre-Arrival Rep (Former Employee) –  Farmingmton Hills, MiSeptember 22, 2017
Be very careful before making a decision to apply to Beaumont thee management is not to skilled more so catty especially the appointment center be very very careful but if your money hungry gone head and eat.
Good place to work'
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 13, 2017
Worked most days right beside my manager, she was a hard worker and fair to all employees. There were conflict sometimes with other shifts but most of the time we all worked smoothly together.
Pros
Benefits were good and low cost.
Cons
Hiring manager retired and new one was not fair or friendly.
Job work and life's balances
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 8, 2017
It was a simpler time in life for me when first working at Botsford Hospital. Up until the time my now late husband passed away there. I was never able to quite maintain that balance of work and life inside the hospital that was once achievable.
Pros
My co-workers and i would take our lunch breaks together
Cons
The company was very strick about smoking on the premises
Glad to be able to retired
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 13, 2017
Retired is a blessing, the manager is trying to manage two department in one small space, during daily change over between respiratory therapists. and transportation and both are big department.
Pros
Nonething
Cons
privacy of patients information from respiratory therapist is share with transportation
Botsford Hospital was a very busy Hospital to work in.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIAugust 1, 2017
I worked in the Emergency Room and I assisted the Nurses and Doctors with various duties, filing, wiping down the beds, replacing medical supplies, talking with patients and getting them pillows and water if they asked for them. I learnd that the doctors and nurses were working under very stressful conditions in the Emergency Room. The workplace culture was very diverse. The hardest part of the job was knowing that some of the patients were in a lot of pain and some of them did not have a support system. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients.
productive place to work, not much of an opportunity for advancement
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 26, 2017
Worked there for 8 years, okay place to work, not much of an opportunity for advancement. The hospital was brought out by Beaumont Health Systems, however, to me that was done in secretly! We were told that we were just integrating, however, Beaumont came in and slowly but surely everthing that symbolized that Botsford Hospital ever existed went away...all Beaumont now!
Pros
Tutuion reimbursment, shop at work
Cons
Beaumont taking over
It provided job security until I was laid off.
Lab Assistant / Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 10, 2017
It gave me diversity with the different cultures. It allow me to grow and advance my knowledge in various areas. It allowed me to change and transfer to other departments.
My time at Botsford Hospital
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 7, 2017
My time while employed at Botsford was wonderful. I would send every Nurse Assistant their for all of their training. This place is a wonderful place to ground and root yourself if you plan to move forward in the medical field.
work enviorment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJune 14, 2017
Botsford Hospital is a great place to work was a small hospital but merge with Beaumont and workplace culture change. You are no longer seen as a person since Beaumont merge with them.
busy atmosphere
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIJune 1, 2017
working at botsford is interesting also busy. lots of fun and funny workers to communicate with and the results of that is there are some strick bosses and management but as long as the job gets done everyone enjoys the peaceful workplace.
Workplace culture
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIMay 3, 2017
I began as a nurse techniciam at Botsford in my last year of nursing school. Botsford assisted with my last year of tuition and welcomed me with open arms into their OB/Pediatric unit as a graduate nurse. I worked in this department for a few years learning an enormous amount about the specialty but also was struck with awe at the amount of empathy these nurses put into each day at work.
I transitioned to a Short Stay unit, which ultimately became a Progressive Care unit. I learned that I had a new passion for cardiology related illnesses. It was on this floor that I learned how to prioritize and organize my day. It was my PCU family that helped me make this accomplishment. I transitioned to CCU and was able to focus in more depth on the physiology of illnesses. I tremendously enjoyed the autonomy this position lent me. The nurses in this department where tremendous caregivers and educators, not only to family members and patients but also to me! I was at Botsford Hospital for 15 years and enjoyed the sense of pride each employee had working there. The term Community Hospital is all encompassing as it really was a community environment.
loved my coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 2, 2017
my coworkers were wonderful however the manager on the unit was not a nice woman and did not care about home life. she is the reason i left in the end
Pros
coworkers
Cons
manager
Fast-Paced
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 1, 2017
The hospital is very busy and demands a lot from working. The staff is very qualified and a great place to gain experience from work. Sometimes understaffed but otherwise a good experience.
Have not been employed there since 2008
Human Resource Manager, Community EMS (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIMarch 25, 2017
Worked for the ambulance division. CEO considered this to be a separate entity, although part of the Botsford System. It is now part of the Beaumont system ad very different from when I was there.