Boulder Community Health Employee Reviews

A good company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 6, 2018
Good leadership. Constant growth, change, and upward momentum. Working for this company has helped develop my professional business skills as well as my personal life skills because of the constant challenge to raise the bar and strive for better systems/services.
Supportive culture
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 31, 2018
Supportive community focused culture. Boulder Community Health is dedicated to it's community. Outreach to those underserved as well as those with expansive benefits are prioritized.
Not a Positive Experience
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 22, 2018
Loved working with patients. Supervisor treatment of employees was poor in many aspects. Good team members who worked very hard. It was made very difficult to take advantage of earned time off.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Poor management
Great Management and Patient care
Physician Clinic Billing (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 2, 2018
I learned a lot about the billing process while reviewing patient accounts. I reviewed patient accounts sending them letters to inform them they needed to pay their bill. The management was great and always listened to any ideas or issues with processes done. The most enjoyable part of my job was the constant learning done on the job.
Great job for someone just starting out in a diet office / kitchen but poor managemnt
DIET CLERK (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 17, 2018
Hours would vary from 4 hours - 8 hour days. Most of the day consists of taking calls in the diet office. Your day depended on what manager was working.
Pros
Free lunches
Bch
Patient Access Lab Registrar (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 16, 2018
I have worked for them since I moved here. My area has a high turn over rate. Besides me there is 1 other person with the department longer then me. All others are less then 3 years. I have seen a lot of management changes over the years. Sometimes we cant get a straight answer from the higher ups on issues, We have had to keep after management to get us answers, Sometimes the Director hasn't even known we work for him,
Pros
Free visits to certain Doctors
Cons
Not enough staff
Nice place for entry level
Clinic Receptionist for Cardiology Dept (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 10, 2018
Like the people and patients. Good for entry level to learn the basics. Benefits are nice, area is nice, cafeteria is nice. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with patients.
Decent Company
ADMIN (Current Employee) –  gunbarrelJune 28, 2018
Good Company, Going through transition, decent Management, employees will be independent, work load is high, Work from home option is limited, no growth.
Great people but no appreciation for them
Lab Administration Patient Access Lead (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 18, 2018
The turn over was ridiculous here and the pay was low. They play favorites and management didn't really ever show their face. For a nonprofit the higher ups made a ton of money. The employees are disgruntled but very hard working. A pat on the back is rare if ever.
Average
Hospital Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 29, 2018
I felt BCH overall was a great place to work. I functioned as a unit coordinator while employed at BCH. I often said I liked to think of myself as the mother on the floor. My typical day included answering the phones, coordinating tests and labs for patients. I also coordinated with other departments for scheduling things such as biopsies. I always acted in a professional manner and had the respect of many of the doctors and social workers. As well as the nursing staff. We never got lunches or breaks and our benefit package was very minimal.
Lab Pt Access
Patient Access Lab Registrar (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 24, 2018
In my job I admit specimans that were either collected in office or at the lab. I also spent time getting info like demos and dx codes from drs offices.
Good place
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 29, 2018
Great colleagues, good environment, pleasant schedule, experienced supervision, easy access to transportation, opportunities for advanced learning, collegial environment
Co-Workers and manager were like family
Obstetrics Technician (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 23, 2018
Upper management is changing for the better, I think, but has been uninvolved in the past. The CNO does not have a sense of what the nurses and staff do on a daily basis. Her lack of contact with staff aids in poor morale. The new president makes rounds fairly regularly and has a finger on the pulse of his staff.
Pros
Loyal and dedicated coworkers
Cons
Pay does not reflect the cost of living in Boulder and benefits are weak
teamwork oriented
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 7, 2018
this was my first job as a new grad and i could not have asked for a more helpful and welcoming team. I was in float pool so i am able to experience most of the floors there.
Pros
great scheduling teamwork
Cons
lack of administrative support
Great Place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 4, 2018
Mgt supports staff. Other departments will come together and help support each other when necessary. More of a family environment rather than a "work" environment.
na
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 11, 2018
it was a nice place to work at, I did not want to live but had issues with a other aid that was mean to me but it was a nice place to work and I just need it a new start with my husband.
Poor
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 2, 2018
Top heavy on management and administration.
Low pay and benefits compared to hospitals in the nearby areas.
Unable to afford to work/ and live in Boulder with wages
Pros
Great coworkers
Flexible
Patient Access Scheduler, Registrar, Lead (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 27, 2017
Typically the day changes based on your department. They have a great PTO and EIB program, plus great health benefits. Parking for employees can be difficult and they do not have many options for career advancement and there management needs improvement.
Pros
great schedules, Pto, Benefits
Cons
Low pay, lack of advancement
Workplace culture
Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 20, 2017
Great work environment. Pay is not competitive but otherwise good place to work.
I have continued to work at BCH for almost 15 years. It is a supportive work culture.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Pay
Productive and constantly changing workplace
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 14, 2017
Schedule patients for Imaging Appointments, Pre-register patients for
surgical procedures. Update insurance information. Verify orders from physician offices. Communicate with physician offices about patient care,and Hospital protocols. Verify Medical Necessity with Medicare. I learned that there are a lot of doctors who do not understand the ICD-10 coding system. I enjoy working with the patients, and helping them find their way through the maze of healthcare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boulder Community Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss