Boulder County, CO Employee Reviews

Over all good place to work.
Park tech I (Former Employee) –  Boulder County, COJanuary 6, 2019
Boulder county is a good place to work my only complaint is that they didn’t pay a livable wage. The benefits are awesome. The people made the work days fun.
Poor management
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 28, 2018
Vary slow paced, no room for advancement, poor management, not vary friendly place to work at, cost of living was not all that great, not enough over time for everyone,
great place to work
ACCOUNTANT II (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 2, 2018
great team, benefits, environment and work culture, collaborative, supportive, family friendly, encourages growth and CE, great servitude cares about employees and community
Pros
benefits, programs, schedules
place to work
Equipment Operator II (Former Employee) –  Boulder County, COJuly 8, 2018
I would have stayed at the job if the pay was better per hr. I think they could pay on experience and that would help people make a career out of working for the county. I would go back if they started there pay higher.
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 15, 2017
Good pay and benefits
Chance for public service
Chance for personal advancement
Stress free
Great personnel
Cultural enrichment
Good training programs
Pros
pay and time off
Cons
Culturally political
I was a temporary employee
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 8, 2017
It helped me while I was looking for a permanent position. Management was good and my supervisor tried to get me hired on permanently. The job was very redundant and sometimes boring but I was paid well for a temporary position.
Pros
My supervisor treated everyone well and made it a fun environment.
Cons
Because I was temporary I received no benefits.
Challenging and Great Learning Environment
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 29, 2018
There were few typical days. Every day brought something new and different. I learned a great deal about management and working with teams throughout the county. Workplace culture is casual with an emphasis on getting the job done accurately and quickly.. The hard part for me was balancing fun with work. Also change is slow in a government environment. The work was always interesting, sometimes challenging and let me work with a variety of people and tasks. I like variety and change.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
slow to change
Great benefits
Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CO LongmontAugust 23, 2017
I worked in Housing and Human Services and under that umbrella are various divisions. Most people are happy and love their jobs but if you work in Child or Adult Protection, understand that its a high stress job. Child protection have more resources but Adult protection get brushed aside.

The best part of Adult Protection is that the job is interesting and the team you work with are great. The worst part is not being able to help the client because of lack of resources.
Pros
The benefits and PERA
great benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder CountyJune 13, 2018
Working here is fine but managing within the HHS department is challenging. I overall like the county but struggle with direction of the smaller divisions.
Working at Boulder County.
School After Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 26, 2018
Working with Boulder County there is a sense of work culture where people who are not in power can still express their concern with the workplace. Most people are open-minded. But the pay makes it really hard to stay in Boulder.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
low Pay
Summary
Lead Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 6, 2018
Include in your summary a typical day at work, what you learned, management, workplace culture, the hardest par of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job. DO NOT include confidential company information.
A fairly fun place to work..
Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  COJune 17, 2015
A typical day is picking up the mail at the post office and bringing it to the county mail room for sorting. Once sorted, the van is loaded, and off I go to each County building and department. I go to about 50 offices, and am familiar with each culture in those offices. At the end of the day, postage is added to the mail I collected, then is ready for pick up.

I'm out in the public for most of the day, at the same spot, at the same time, and talk to the same people. I don't mind the repitiveness, as it really is an easy job.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with bad drivers, bikers, and pedestrians. The most enjoyable part is dealing with the office staffs that I deliver to. I've made a lot of friends.
Pros
I'm pretty autonomous at work, good benefits, good pay
Cons
Sometimes members of the public aren't the most polite people in the world..
Community Services is best in County
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boulder County, COFebruary 12, 2018
The Community Services Department excels as the best department within the county. The department is very much focused on it's mission and expects it's employees to do the same. If you work hard you will be rewarded.
Pros
Flexible schedules, good honest employees, great location
Cons
Those that produce well will often be swimming in other tasks.
Boulder County is great
Accounting Clerk/Facilities Maint. Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 7, 2015
Boulder County is the best place I have ever worked. The dollar amount compensation is minimal, but the benefits are great. Work and home life were balanced working there.
Friendly working environment
Project Manager Administrative Services (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 9, 2017
Working for Boulder Count has been a interesting working experience for me coming from corporate into local government. People are kind and willing to work to deliver the best service to the community.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Progressive employer with great benefits.
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 18, 2018
Boulder County is a solid employer. The work culture and environment will vary depending on the department within the county. There is a big difference between working for an elected official vs an office run by a department manager.
Nice people to work with and a good environment
Weatherization Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 24, 2017
I had a great time working here however, management would not address the inconsistencies with the auditors of the jobs. Also, I had a hard time moving up because whether qualified for a position or not they always hire the next person in line.
Pros
Nice people to work with and got off at 3:30 in the afternoon
Cons
Hard to move up unless you are there long enough to get in line
Great County Job
INCOME MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 30, 2017
The job was stressful as you are given a full load of cases to maintain. However, training is for two months and the support from management and co workers is phenomenal. I live in Denver so the commute was too much. I think I was also too inexperienced to handle the actual job of being in charge of whether people qualified for food assistance or not. You have to be the right person to work in human services; thick skinned and soft hearted at the same time. Great pay- free yearly bus pass.
Nice working for myself.
Self-Employed (Former Employee) –  Boulder County, COSeptember 16, 2017
I was a self employed Handyman. Completed various tasks in home improvement and maintenance. I enjoy the feeling of a job well done. I feel that I am competent and hard working.
Great atmosphere and pleasant working environment
Trail Maintenence Open Space Mountain Parks (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 3, 2016
A+ working conditions with ample time to finish your resposibilities. Management lways therevto answer questions and give advice
Pros
Great weather
Cons
Work weather dependent